Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB19 Celebrity Big Brother January 2017 [CBB 19] [All Stars and New Stars] was won by Coleen Nolan.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:56 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Default peoples problem with jedward

i don't get it.

they have been a joy to behold, the only hm not to isolate kim shows maturity in my opinion. also they have shown great maturity in their opinions and views on the other hm. the perception that they show is undoubtedly the best in the house and they have me nodding away at the telly when they share them with us.

I think peoples problem with them lies in the fact that they don't see them as 25 yr olds, the reason for this i believe not to be their maturity levels but the fact that they don't look 25.

take the bathing and gstring episode where they were having a laugh, i read a few derogotary comments on here about how it looked..i doubt anything would have been said if it were a more muscular 25yr old doing the same thing.

i may be wrong though, but i don't think i am.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:00 PM #2
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Whatever the reason I don't get the pure vitriol they invoke from some people, I mean dislike them or don't find them funny whatever but seriously, they're pretty harmless

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:02 PM #3

I'm not sure, obviously people have different tastes in HM's but I don't think they've done anything so bad to get quite the level of hate they sometimes get. I think they're a lot of fun and they're good people, and everyone's different and looks different but overall they have a lot of maturity (as well as a lot of immaturity... people can be both), but I don't see why their immature side is such a problem either.

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:04 PM #4

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Whatever the reason I don't get the pure vitriol they invoke from some people, I mean dislike them or don't find them funny whatever but seriously, they're pretty harmless
i have seen some really awful comments this season regarding jedward. Stuff that insinuates incest and abuse..disgusting in my opinion..something an internet troll would post on their twitter. it surprises me how other members can support and stick up for other members who post such vile and nasy stuff..but thats the internet i suppose.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:08 PM #5
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jealousy

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:08 PM #6

A lot of it is people who started out with either a dislike or an indifference to Jedward but unlike the rest of us they cant admit they were wrong....or accept that the guys are more endearing these days then they are annoying.
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:10 PM #7
-

-

It seems like a small number of people with a LOT to say to be honest, which is making it seem like there's more hate for them than there actually is.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:12 PM #8
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
i have seen some really awful comments this season regarding jedward. Stuff that insinuates incest and abuse..disgusting in my opinion..something an internet troll would post on their twitter. it surprises me how other members can support and stick up for other members who post such vile and nasy stuff..but thats the internet i suppose.
Any over the top comments like that about any HM will be removed. So people should report them

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 03-02-2017, 01:16 PM #9

They're hated because they're Jedward, it's ingrained in people's consciousness since X-Factor... That said, despite their "antics" being childish I've found them to be witty, sharp and probably the most mature of the housemates outside James C. It feels ridiculous to say that but they handle almost every situation with composure and a smile, never swear to get their point across and don't seem to hold grudges. I never liked them before CBB, I do now.
Jimrod is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:32 PM #10
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

my problem is ....they are on my tv and have ruined CBB for me ,and thats a massive problem
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:35 PM #11

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

I agree OP I don't understand the dislike or derision. They haven't done anything wrong.

With regard the bathing, Jamie and Calum bathed together, I didn't find that much to look at either. I don't like all the tattoos, makes them look dirty.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 03-02-2017 at 01:38 PM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:39 PM #12
Banned

Banned

They've been pretty great, a massive improvement over their last appearance.

I don't understand how anyone could hate them tbh, they are harmless.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:42 PM #13
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrod View Post
They're hated because they're Jedward, it's ingrained in people's consciousness since X-Factor... That said, despite their "antics" being childish I've found them to be witty, sharp and probably the most mature of the housemates outside James C. It feels ridiculous to say that but they handle almost every situation with composure and a smile, never swear to get their point across and don't seem to hold grudges. I never liked them before CBB, I do now.
I never watch X factor
Old 03-02-2017, 01:49 PM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
I never watch X factor
But you prefer the other housemates? James C is riveting. As is Coleen. Nicola is a ****ing ****ity ****wit slag hole. I've forgotten Bianca is in there now they've got rid of the showmance.

Last edited by Niamh.; 03-02-2017 at 02:05 PM. Reason: OTT post removed
Jimrod is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:52 PM #15
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
User banned

Favourites (more):

In order to assess this problem we must first question whether or not if all the antics they get up to are naturally forming or are the choreographed. I think if it was the former they would be detained at her majesties pleasure in some mental health facility, so have to agree that the later is the case.

So if all they do is choreographed, this can be seen as some as staged, ergo fake. So if they are acting out fake scenarios, we must then ask ourselves why. Is it for fun or self promotion. Seeing as how they have so much money spent on props in the form of clothes that aid and assist these fake actions, we must therefore conclude that they are not doing it ofr fun but self preservation and or forward slash promotion.

So what we have now are 2 men that falsely act the goat and use props and pre scripted actions to promote the brand they represent. This in itself buys into a very strong game playing scenario and we all know how much some people hate game players dont we. Its one thing to have fun, piss people off, act like a tosser and basically be a dick for effect, but to drive people nuts with inane baby talk and american accents for effect is one bridge too far.

''Are you all right Edward, yes I am John, shall we dance in the mirror and sing some really cool songs, yes Edward that will be cool, can we also piss nicola off when we are doing it, thats a swell idea bro, lets do it.. and so the deadwood act goes on. Basically they are man children with enormous egos and the worst comic act going.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:53 PM #16

They are harmless....they really just need to grow up. I like to see people interact...Jedward only interact with themselves overdosing us with the Jedward brand and talking about the Jedward fans like two 12 year old boys 'playing' at being pop stars.
...they even walk like 12 year olds.

I have just found them extremely irritating.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:57 PM #17
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
They are harmless....they really just need to grow up. I like to see people interact...Jedward only interact with themselves overdosing us with the Jedward brand and talking about the Jedward fans like two 12 year old boys 'playing' at being pop stars.

Irritating is one way of putting it, thats like saying loosing your leg in a land mine blast was mildly inconvenient. They are way past irritating, they are in need of help
Old 03-02-2017, 01:58 PM #18

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
In order to assess this problem we must first question whether or not if all the antics they get up to are naturally forming or are the choreographed. I think if it was the former they would be detained at her majesties pleasure in some mental health facility, so have to agree that the later is the case.

So if all they do is choreographed, this can be seen as some as staged, ergo fake. So if they are acting out fake scenarios, we must then ask ourselves why. Is it for fun or self promotion. Seeing as how they have so much money spent on props in the form of clothes that aid and assist these fake actions, we must therefore conclude that they are not doing it ofr fun but self preservation and or forward slash promotion.

So what we have now are 2 men that falsely act the goat and use props and pre scripted actions to promote the brand they represent. This in itself buys into a very strong game playing scenario and we all know how much some people hate game players dont we. Its one thing to have fun, piss people off, act like a tosser and basically be a dick for effect, but to drive people nuts with inane baby talk and american accents for effect is one bridge too far.

''Are you all right Edward, yes I am John, shall we dance in the mirror and sing some really cool songs, yes Edward that will be cool, can we also piss nicola off when we are doing it, thats a swell idea bro, lets do it.. and so the deadwood act goes on. Basically they are man children with enormous egos and the worst comic act going.
And here we go with one of the posts we are talking about. First two lines they must be mentally deranged.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:01 PM #19
-

-

bitterness
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:02 PM #20
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Wow ,the post of the series and sums them up to a T
Old 03-02-2017, 02:03 PM #21
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
And here we go with one of the posts we are talking about. First two lines they must be mentally deranged.
so you think their actions are normal for 25 year olds, well maybe we need a rethink then.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:04 PM #22
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:

This, imo, is a perfectly acceptable and normal reaction to not liking them, i fully get your reasons. I think you either find them funny and endearing or you don't

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 03-02-2017, 02:06 PM #23

Quote:
Irritating is one way of putting it, thats like saying loosing your leg in a land mine blast was mildly inconvenient. They are way past irritating, they are in need of help

The thing is their immaturity just isn't 'normal' IMO...their behaviour isn't 'normal'. There is no definition of normal but if my 25 year old son started making space suits out of cardboard boxes and used shaving foam to write all over my bathroom mirrors..I would feel the need to speak to a psychiatrist about it...
However in their defence...they don't swear and they do make good points about people in the diary room...
Old 03-02-2017, 02:07 PM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
This, imo, is a perfectly acceptable and normal reaction to not liking them, i fully get your reasons. I think you either find them funny and endearing or you don't
They are marmite Niamh...
Old 03-02-2017, 02:08 PM #25
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They are marmite Niamh...
definitely

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
jedward, peoples, problem