Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:35 PM #26
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

The whole teeth thing was nothing bad or serious, Brenda didn't force her to do it, Brenda gave her the choice to do it and she did. could have easily said no.

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:11 PM #27
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika
Sandra Diaz Twine

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BBCanada 5: Ika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
Oh don't get me wrong, in no way am I trying to say that Dawn was robbed. One of my friends summed it up perfectly a while ago in saying that Dawn played a great game for someone else, but she's way too nurturing and driven by her emotions and personal trauma to play a cutthroat game like she did. It's understandable why she went down this route if you look at her gameplan as a response to how she played in South Pacific and what her downfall was, but Dawn certainly doesn't have the ability to compartmentalize needed in playing a ruthless game like she did.

That being said, Brenda hounding Dawn into taking out her teeth and being completely aware of how difficult that would be for her is kind of gross and really lays to rest the idea of Brenda being the season's sweetheart. I just find Brenda to be up her own ass and holier than thou despite doing nothing to really deserve such a sense of moral superiority. Like, didn't Brenda move herself and Jeff Probst to tears about what a great, humble person she is without a hint of irony??? It's like sure, you may be great and humble and altruistic, but then as soon as your humility is tested you become spiteful as **** and want to humiliate someone in a public forum... that's not really a good look in my eyes! Especially when it amounts to "take out your teeth RIGHT NOW, even though there's no chance in hell you're going to get my vote, just because I want to see you suffer and humiliate yourself."
Fair enough

But tbh i would've been very brutal as well if i was in Brenda's place
Old 04-03-2017, 07:33 PM #28
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
The whole teeth thing was nothing bad or serious, Brenda didn't force her to do it, Brenda gave her the choice to do it and she did. could have easily said no.
It was pretty ****ing spiteful. Brenda actively created a scenario that combined all of Dawn's worst nightmares all rolled into one: being hated by someone she likes, being verbally tarnished in a public forum with a full audience, and having her insecurities about her appearance exposed for everyone to see. It was completely calculated and premeditated, and Brenda pretty much gleefully put Dawn in a catch-22 -- either humiliate yourself and take out your teeth or refuse to do so and get called a liar. I just think it's kind of scummy of Brenda to exploit all of Dawn's insecurities like that.

And no, I'm not saying that Brenda has no right to be upset. My main gripe is just that the way she went about airing her beef is completely contradictory of the character that she tried to put on, Humble Sweetheart Brenda who is actually so humble that she'll move herself to tears talking about her own humility! I think there's a huge difference between someone like Trish, who felt betrayed and was hurt and used her jury speech to let Tony know just how much her feelings her hurt and why, and someone like Brenda, who just wanted to embarrass and humiliate Dawn as some sort of payback. I don't think anyone faults Brenda for being upset and hurt, I just fault her for how she chose to use her jury question.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
fave, jury, speeches