Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 23-03-2017, 07:25 AM #26
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
because its not capitalism at all its corporate cartels and deregulated monopolies with no healthy competition...empowered by politicians (paid off lobbyists) and the european union
It is capitalism, venture capitalism. Richard Branson and the Barclays are two mahoosive cogs in that very British machine.
Old 23-03-2017, 08:12 AM #27
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
What are we living in now?...
a democracy
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 08:54 AM #28
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk3388 View Post
capitalism is just not working out though. What kind of world are we living in when over half the world is living in poverty while an elite few call all the shots. I think we convince ourselves that everything is okay.
It is no coincidence that the majority of countries living in poverty are bogged down in superstition and primitive religious practice. Such cultures are a breeding ground for dictatorships and violence.

The West are not responsible for the ills of countries/continents still living in the past and refusing to move on. These people are often their own worst enemies and need to do more to help themselves otherwise nothing will ever change.

The West spend billions every year to help but change needs to come from within. Therein lies the problem.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 04:05 PM #29
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
It is no coincidence that the majority of countries living in poverty are bogged down in superstition and primitive religious practice. Such cultures are a breeding ground for dictatorships and violence.

The West are not responsible for the ills of countries/continents still living in the past and refusing to move on. These people are often their own worst enemies and need to do more to help themselves otherwise nothing will ever change.

The West spend billions every year to help but change needs to come from within. Therein lies the problem.
the problem isnt religion as such, its the old testament and its a particulalry warped interpretation of the curan, whereas the new testament is infinitely more enlightened. Thats why the west is so much more civilised , we have a pretty great country built in large part on Christianity. Given a choice between Christianity and islam, Its Jesus all the way for me. But of course due to political correctness were not allowed to say that in the mainstream
Old 23-03-2017, 08:20 PM #30
Katya Zamolodchikova

Favourites (more):
BB17: Jayne
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
Katya Zamolodchikova

Favourites (more):

It's a shame he's a sexist and a racist
"I sit there and I have to ask people for a drink and they still don't get me one. I always ask everyone if they want a drink. Everyone. I know it's a game and everything, but you haven't got to ****ing diminish your soul to survive. I refuse to diminish my character to survive. I refuse. I would rather be hated than make myself look so disgusting and sordid to survive. I refuse."
iloveaisleyne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 09:15 PM #31
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveaisleyne View Post
It's a shame he's a sexist and a racist
no he is not, hes just protect the public as all governments should do, he employs thousands of women too and theyre delighted to work for him, its a shame people get away with wrongly labelling people the way you just did, a reverse bigotry
Old 24-03-2017, 11:29 PM #32
Katya Zamolodchikova

Favourites (more):
Katya Zamolodchikova

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
no he is not, hes just protect the public as all governments should do, he employs thousands of women too and theyre delighted to work for him, its a shame people get away with wrongly labelling people the way you just did, a reverse bigotry
sure about that?
  • His ex-wife, Ivana, said she was “violated,” by Trump during their marriage, and use the word “rape,” to describe a particular incident. She later said she didn’t use the word rape in a literal sense, but still says that she “felt violated.” Michael Cohen, special counsel at The Trump Organization, defended Trump by saying “You cannot rape your spouse.”
  • In response to unreported sexual assault in the military Donald Trump commented “What do these geniuses expect when they put men and women together.”
  • “It’s certainly not groundbreaking news that the early victories by the women on ‘The Apprentice’ were, to a very large extent, dependent on their sex appeal.” - From his 2004 book How to Get Rich
  • “You know, it doesn’t really matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.” - From and interview in Esquire magazine
  • “I mean, we could say politically correct that look doesn’t matter, but the look obviously matters, like you wouldn’t have your job if you weren’t beautiful.” - Trump to a female reporter
  • When lawyer Elizabeth Beck requested a break from a 2011 deposition to pump breast milk, “He got up, his face got red, he shook his finger at me and he screamed, ‘You’re disgusting, you’re disgusting,’ and he ran out of there,” according to Beck.
  • “If Hillary Clinton can’t satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America.” - Now deleted Tweet by Donald Trump
  • According to New York Times columnist Gail Collins “During one down period, I referred to him in print as a ‘financially embattled thousandaire’ and he sent me a copy of the column with my picture circled and ‘The Face of a Dog!’ written over it.”
  • Trump said that Arianna Huffington, founder and editor-in-chief of the Huffington Post, “is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision.”
  • Talking about Megyn Kelly at the debates: “She gets out and she starts asking me all sorts of ridiculous questions… You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.”
  • About his own daughter: “she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.“
  • “You know who’s one of the great beauties of the world, according to everybody? And I helped create her. Ivanka. My daughter, Ivanka. She’s 6 feet tall, she’s got the best body.
  • “I’ve known Paris Hilton from the time she’s 12. Her parents are friends of mine, and, you know, the first time I saw her, she walked into the room and I said, ‘Who the hell is that?’ … Well, at 12, I wasn’t interested. I’ve never been into that. They’re sort of always stuck around that 25 category.”
  • Gloria Allred represented Ms. USA contestant Jenna Talackova, a trans woman, and said that Trump needs to stop focusing so much on genitals after he joked about her client. He told TMZ “I think Gloria Allred would be very, very, very, very impressed with my penis. I think she would have a whole new image of Donald Trump.”
  • “Excuse me, you dropped to your knees? It must be a pretty picture. You dropping to your knees.” Trump said in response to Brande Roderick on an episode of “Celebrity Apprentice.
  • Trump on women: “You have to treat ’em like sh*t.” – direct quote from New York Magazine.
  • “She’s not giving me 100 percent. She’s giving me 84 percent, and 16 percent is going towards taking care of children.” TIME issue May 2011

These don't even scratch the surface. Not to mention his views on abortion, contraception, equal pay etc...
"I sit there and I have to ask people for a drink and they still don't get me one. I always ask everyone if they want a drink. Everyone. I know it's a game and everything, but you haven't got to ****ing diminish your soul to survive. I refuse to diminish my character to survive. I refuse. I would rather be hated than make myself look so disgusting and sordid to survive. I refuse."
iloveaisleyne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 11:30 PM #33
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

And he still can't get his healthcare 'reform' bill passed by his own party... x

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 06:23 AM #34
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveaisleyne View Post
sure about that?
  • His ex-wife, Ivana, said she was “violated,” by Trump during their marriage, and use the word “rape,” to describe a particular incident. She later said she didn’t use the word rape in a literal sense, but still says that she “felt violated.” Michael Cohen, special counsel at The Trump Organization, defended Trump by saying “You cannot rape your spouse.”
  • In response to unreported sexual assault in the military Donald Trump commented “What do these geniuses expect when they put men and women together.”
  • “It’s certainly not groundbreaking news that the early victories by the women on ‘The Apprentice’ were, to a very large extent, dependent on their sex appeal.” - From his 2004 book How to Get Rich
  • “You know, it doesn’t really matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.” - From and interview in Esquire magazine
  • “I mean, we could say politically correct that look doesn’t matter, but the look obviously matters, like you wouldn’t have your job if you weren’t beautiful.” - Trump to a female reporter
  • When lawyer Elizabeth Beck requested a break from a 2011 deposition to pump breast milk, “He got up, his face got red, he shook his finger at me and he screamed, ‘You’re disgusting, you’re disgusting,’ and he ran out of there,” according to Beck.
  • “If Hillary Clinton can’t satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America.” - Now deleted Tweet by Donald Trump
  • According to New York Times columnist Gail Collins “During one down period, I referred to him in print as a ‘financially embattled thousandaire’ and he sent me a copy of the column with my picture circled and ‘The Face of a Dog!’ written over it.”
  • Trump said that Arianna Huffington, founder and editor-in-chief of the Huffington Post, “is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision.”
  • Talking about Megyn Kelly at the debates: “She gets out and she starts asking me all sorts of ridiculous questions… You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.”
  • About his own daughter: “she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.“
  • “You know who’s one of the great beauties of the world, according to everybody? And I helped create her. Ivanka. My daughter, Ivanka. She’s 6 feet tall, she’s got the best body.
  • “I’ve known Paris Hilton from the time she’s 12. Her parents are friends of mine, and, you know, the first time I saw her, she walked into the room and I said, ‘Who the hell is that?’ … Well, at 12, I wasn’t interested. I’ve never been into that. They’re sort of always stuck around that 25 category.”
  • Gloria Allred represented Ms. USA contestant Jenna Talackova, a trans woman, and said that Trump needs to stop focusing so much on genitals after he joked about her client. He told TMZ “I think Gloria Allred would be very, very, very, very impressed with my penis. I think she would have a whole new image of Donald Trump.”
  • “Excuse me, you dropped to your knees? It must be a pretty picture. You dropping to your knees.” Trump said in response to Brande Roderick on an episode of “Celebrity Apprentice.
  • Trump on women: “You have to treat ’em like sh*t.” – direct quote from New York Magazine.
  • “She’s not giving me 100 percent. She’s giving me 84 percent, and 16 percent is going towards taking care of children.” TIME issue May 2011

These don't even scratch the surface. Not to mention his views on abortion, contraception, equal pay etc...
all he said about equal pay is if a man or a woman do the same job to the same standard then they deserve equal pay
Old 25-03-2017, 10:53 AM #35

Favourites:

Favourites:

As usual, the economists here are as ignorant as Trump (the guy with multiple bankruptcies) when it comes to finances. The deficit fluctuates month to month based on how much the government spends or how much tax revenue it takes in. Trump hasn't done a damn thing yet.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dru...erates-deficit
letmein is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
$100, billion, debt, decreased, president, trump