Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:25 PM #26
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
The prize for generalisation of the week goes to you.
I'ts true though they are - but they are not big enough to admit that their liberal inclusive policies are not working.

Yet another incident with a large group of unaccompanied child Somali asylum seekers in Germany who destroyed the housing provided for them demanding access to Lap tops and games consoles, leading the manager to lock himself in a room to protect himself. They were aged 15 -17 allegedly.

If they act like that now god knows what they will be like in a few years - ungrateful little brats.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:05 PM #27
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
I'ts true though they are - but they are not big enough to admit that their liberal inclusive policies are not working.

Yet another incident with a large group of unaccompanied child Somali asylum seekers in Germany who destroyed the housing provided for them demanding access to Lap tops and games consoles, leading the manager to lock himself in a room to protect himself. They were aged 15 -17 allegedly.

If they act like that now god knows what they will be like in a few years - ungrateful little brats

Source?....
Old 08-04-2017, 05:17 PM #28

Quote:

If they act like that now god knows what they will be like in a few years - ungrateful little brats.
One of the things we must be aware of is, refugees that have come out of places like Somalia have likely seen some horrific atrocities and a lot of those young boys have been soldiers who have been numbed by the ongoing violence and mass genocide. These children needed to be rescued but giving them somewhere to live, school and feel safe isn't enough if those kids don't get a massive amount of counselling then these children could go on to become violent criminals. I'm by no means saying we shouldn't take them but we need to invest in their needs. Only then can we work them towards a better future.

I'm just so glad I've been able to raise my kids in a peaceful country aren't you?
Old 08-04-2017, 06:01 PM #29
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
One of the things we must be aware of is, refugees that have come out of places like Somalia have likely seen some horrific atrocities and a lot of those young boys have been soldiers who have been numbed by the ongoing violence and mass genocide. These children needed to be rescued but giving them somewhere to live, school and feel safe isn't enough if those kids don't get a massive amount of counselling then these children could go on to become violent criminals. I'm by no means saying we shouldn't take them but we need to invest in their needs. Only then can we work them towards a better future.

I'm just so glad I've been able to raise my kids in a peaceful country aren't you?
Of course I am, but how long will we have a peaceful country to raise our children in is part of peoples' concerns.

All these 'damaged' children, some of whom you claim have likely been soldiers, and have therefore likely killed people, are potentially dangerous. What do we do with them whilst they receive 'treatment'. Will they go out, probably in large groups, in the meantime? How safe will our sons and daughters be then?

Who will fund all this counselling - the NHS has no money. What if it doesn't work? What if they hurt or kill anyone in the meantime , is that just collateral damage in your view?

The problems are endless. It isn't about not giving a damn, it is about prioritising our own. Someone has to.

Last edited by Brillopad; 08-04-2017 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:18 PM #30

Stockholm attack: Briton Chris Bevington named among victims

http://news.sky.com/story/briton-ide...ctims-10831581

sad news
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:30 PM #31

Quote:
Of course I am, but how long will we have a peaceful country to raise our children in is part of peoples' concerns.

All these 'damaged' children, some of whom you claim have likely been soldiers, and have therefore likely killed people, are potentially dangerous. What do we do with them whilst they receive 'treatment'. Will they go out, probably in large groups, in the meantime? How safe will our sons and daughters be then?

Who will fund all this counselling - the NHS has no money. What if it doesn't work? What if they hurt or kill anyone in the meantime , is that just collateral damage in your view?

The problems are endless. It isn't about not giving a damn, it is about prioritising our own. Someone has to.
Its pretty distressing seeing kids that are stressed and traumatized by an atrocity. Fortunately, kids tend to be resilient and do well with psychosocial counselling. Charities like UNICEF do a fantastic job; its social reintegration scheme helps these kids enormously.

I don’t know what the answer is but I hope, if we ever ended up like Somalia, someone would rescue my children or future grandchildren. Fortunately, there are countries the world over that re-settle these families. We shouldn’t believe we do more than others. The question is, should any of us do anything and if so what?

I’m not going to pretend it doesn’t frighten me, it does because its too early to say what these children are going to turn out like as fully grown men. At the same time, I don’t think we should turn our back on them just because the atrocities are not happening on our doorstep.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:58 PM #32
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
Its pretty distressing seeing kids that are stressed and traumatized by an atrocity. Fortunately, kids tend to be resilient and do well with psychosocial counselling. Charities like UNICEF do a fantastic job; its social reintegration scheme helps theses men e kids enormously.

I don’t know what the answer is but I hope, if we ever ended up like Somalia, someone would rescue my children or future grandchildren. Fortunately, there are countries the world over that re-settle these families. We shouldn’t believe we do more than others. The question is, should any of us do anything and if so what?

I’m not going to pretend it doesn’t frighten me, it does because its too early to say what these children are going to turn out like as fully grown men. At the same time, I don’t think we should turn our back on them just because the atrocities are not happening on our doorstep.
I do sympathise with your feelings but, like many, my main concerns lie with our children and their futures. Most of these 'children' are not children they are, at best, young adults and, at worst, older men who have lied about their ages and it has been difficult to actually prove otherwise.

Many countries may be able to resettle these children, includlng the West, in reasonable numbers but with the combination of mass immigration and increasing numbers of asylum seekers, let's face it many of which are not genuine refugees, it is getting out of hand with many countries saying 'no more, they can't take any more, reporting numerous problems and incidents of violence , with several incidents carried out by so-called child migrants.

If we ever ended up like Somalia it would be because we have lost control of our borders and allowed too many problematic religious cultures into our country and changed its demographics. If religions such as Islam ever get a real hold in the West we could have Hugh problems in the future making the West a very unstable, unsafe place for all of us in my opinion.

It's not the future many want for their children.

Last edited by Brillopad; 09-04-2017 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:05 PM #33
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I do sympathise with your feelings but, like many, my main concerns lie with our children and their futures. Most of these 'children' are not children they are, at best, young adults and, at worst, older men who have lied about their ages and it has been difficult to actually prove otherwise.

If we ever ended up like Somalia it would be because we had lost control of our borders and allowed too many problematic religious cultures into our country and changed its demographics. If Islam ever gets a real hold in the West we could have Hugh problems in the future making the West a very unstable, unsafe place for all of us in my opinion.

It's not the future many want for their children.
indoctrinated, you read a daily mail headline and now that has been cemented as a mantra hasn't it?

Do you not believe there are any child refugees then? Where are all the children?
Old 09-04-2017, 09:24 PM #34
User banned

User banned

Quote:
indoctrinated, you read a daily mail headline and now that has been cemented as a mantra hasn't it?

Do you not believe there are any child refugees then? Where are all the children?
Rather like indoctrination from papers such as the Indepdndent then. Really bored with your patronisation and obsession with the DM.

I read things from many sources, many with similar views, and am capable of forming my own opinions. I don't need your approval thanks.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:45 PM #35
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Rather like indoctrination from papers such as the Indepdndent then. Really bored with your patronisation and obsession with the DM.

I read things from many sources, many with similar views, and am capable of forming my own opinions. I don't need your approval thanks.
Indulge me where was the source that informed you all child refuges were in fact adults?
Old 09-04-2017, 09:52 PM #36
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Indulge me where was the source that informed you all child refuges were in fact adults?
There are several articles about 'unaccompanied child migrants' and the obvious concerns about their credibility, not to mention all the news reports a few months' ago and what I saw with my own eyes. Do you really believe most were genuine child refugees?
Old 09-04-2017, 09:59 PM #37
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
There are several articles about 'unaccompanied child migrants' and the obvious concerns about their credibility, not to mention all the news reports a few months' ago and what I saw with my own eyes. Do you really believe most were genuine child refugees?
I can't find them, where were they?

How does this figure in the scenario explained by DR though, I don't see the link.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
crowd, driven, drives, people, stockholm, suspected, sweden, terrorist, truck