Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 26-08-2007, 03:10 PM #26

the ultimate in OWNAGE!!!
spacebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 03:12 PM #27
☺♥BB5♥☻&

☺♥BB5♥☻&

wots that about
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 11:09 PM #28
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

I shouldn't find that as funny as I do, but oh well. LOL.
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 11:38 PM #29
Banned

Banned

It is probably a still from a film? A comedy
the_stillness is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 10:25 AM #30

Quote:
Originally posted by the_stillness
It is probably a still from a film? A comedy
The picture was taken from an ad campaign for a Company called "Large", which featured the sales - tag line, "For people who think they're bigger than they are"

All the ads took the form of political commentary, and they ran in magazines in the US during the mid to late 70's.
Old 28-08-2007, 11:11 AM #31

Whilst I was not remotely interested in reading this thread before, today I thought I would nip in and see why others had found it so interesting. I have now expanded my knowledge with something I was not aware of beforehand, so I thank those who have posted and those who have included links too.

After reading another thread yesterday, I read about the history of the KKK by the KKK. They wrote about how the media manipulated reports and that any photos of a KKK members beating someone were actually those members acting in self defence! True fact. The 'Knights' are not hillbillies in robes anymore but are now media savvy college educated suit wearing people like you or I. They know how to manipulate, their hatred is still as large as it ever was and looking at that website they have many people willing to follow.

That all said, don't think KFC does not appear to be giving them any profits but any employee could be a member of the KKK therefore contributing a percentage of their wage to that organization?
Wiglet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2007, 01:24 PM #32

Quote:
Originally posted by wiglet
Whilst I was not remotely interested in reading this thread before, today I thought I would nip in and see why others had found it so interesting. I have now expanded my knowledge with something I was not aware of beforehand, so I thank those who have posted and those who have included links too.

After reading another thread yesterday, I read about the history of the KKK by the KKK. They wrote about how the media manipulated reports and that any photos of a KKK members beating someone were actually those members acting in self defence! True fact. The 'Knights' are not hillbillies in robes anymore but are now media savvy college educated suit wearing people like you or I. They know how to manipulate, their hatred is still as large as it ever was and looking at that website they have many people willing to follow.

That all said, don't think KFC does not appear to be giving them any profits but any employee could be a member of the KKK therefore contributing a percentage of their wage to that organization?
There is a saying that a man with a briefcase can steal more money than any man with a gun.

You are right, organisations like the KKK have tried their best to leave the thug and murderous image behind, they now dress themselves up as family-centric groups and "communities". Once you dig a little deeper behind the facade you see that its the same old wolf but in a business suit.

But enough people do not dig deep, and get taken in by the face value - they slowly begin to accept the more extremes of doctrine, as the sheen put on it by very media savvy and aware organisers can make it appear as though they are the "oppressed".

Its a dangerous game for mainstream politicians, but they themselves share some of the blame for the resurgence of far right groups here and in the US. Blanket political correctness and "affirmative action" is playing into the hands of the extremists by seeming to favour one section of the population over the other.

The rest of us find ourselves sandwiched between extremes of religion and extremes of politics. It is difficult to speak out without being labelled as attempting to oppress belief and opinion from both sides.

The "game" is being played very well by both sides - and I fear the ordinary "man in the street" is the one who will end up paying the price.

If we really are all equal - as I believe we are, then politicians must stop playing favourites, must stop currying favour for a vote grabbing power base amongst ethnic groups by introducing rules, regulation and legislation that seem to favour certain groups over others.

Everywhere I go I hear mutterings, palpable resentment over perceived preferential treatment being given on basis of religion or ethnicity - and invariably it is tied to a political power base within a community.

The infamous Enoch Powell "Rivers Of Blood" speech is often spoken of as coming to fruition, I believe that the grounds to enable such a shocking and unwanted turn of events are actually being laid by our politicians themselves, aided and abbetted by community leaders who are blind the the realities of life in inner city areas, even though they themselves live there. As they enclose themsleves within their own "community".

We are being factionalised as a society, we do not have the Klan here - something we should be thankful for, but we have our own extremists on all sides of the political spectrum, and with the recent surge of religious extremism, more violent and insidous than the religion division of violence we experienced as a nation in the 1970's and 80's -unless we get a serious dose of common sense by our elected officials in their public representations, and community leaders willing to accept realities, it is only going to get worse.

People are willing to follow such groups as the KKK because the feel alienated, rightly or wrongly - and that alienation is fuel for leaders and players in extremists groups - they are able to convince someone who feels a sense of disenfranchisement that they are the oppressed

I genuinely fear for the state of the country my children will live in - so much so that my advice to them is, after their education if finished, that they should give serious considerations to leaving it, as I intend to do before I'm 50, at which point my youngest will be 21 and will have finished university

I'd go now but the main reason I don't is that I would not uproot my children at this stage in all of their educations.

There are good things in this country, but the bad is increasing, and becoming more and more prevalent.

Justice and fair play - the one thing that used to define "Britishness" is fast becoming a thing of the past - and that is too sad for words.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
conspiracy, kfc, klan, klux, ku, owned, theory