Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 20-06-2017, 09:42 PM #51
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
The EU was crumbling earlier... realised now they effectively have us by the short and curlies eh?
If it tries to bully the UK.

Not read it then. They have us by nothing - it's all bravado.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 09:53 PM #52
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
The EU was crumbling earlier... realised now they effectively have us by the short and curlies eh?
they really dont, it just appears that way
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 10:12 PM #53
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
If it tries to bully the UK.

Not read it then. They have us by nothing - it's all bravado.
Well it'll be a change from being bullied by the DUP... give in to our demands or you're on your own.
Old 20-06-2017, 11:43 PM #54
Banned

Banned

We'll be getting a soft brexit and people who wanted otherwise will only have themselves to blame for voting for the Tories.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2017, 11:55 PM #55

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

I think the UK and EU will have an awful lot we/they agree on.I don't think there will be too many issues of contention and i think it will go smoother than alot of the media scaremongering would have us believe.We all benefit from a smooth transition.Imo

Last edited by Northern Monkey; 20-06-2017 at 11:56 PM.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 12:10 AM #56
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
I think the UK and EU will have an awful lot we/they agree on.I don't think there will be too many issues of contention and i think it will go smoother than alot of the media scaremongering would have us believe.We all benefit from a smooth transition.Imo
I would have agreed with this a month ago, but like, May is the laughing stock of ther world right now.
I've been saying for about 11 months now that it wont be half as bad as the hard-remainers are dreading, or half as good as the hard-leavers are expecting.

Last edited by Withano; 21-06-2017 at 12:10 AM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 12:22 AM #57
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

We will be getting an exit from europe that is mutually beneficial to all sides, that was never in doubt because that's how trade deals have worked since the beginning of time.

Political acceptance of the deal is a completely different thing, and there will never be agreement on that, even if they spent the next 20 years debating it in parliament

The only sensible way to progress is to get something in place and then adjust that to taste as time goes by.

If i were to predict the shape of the initial deal now, I would say that it will be something that retains the status quo for a period of time, probably 5-10 years, during which time things will be adjusted as required, slowly. This would also negate the much talked about divorce bill as it would allow us to see out our current legal obligations
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 12:45 AM #58
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
We'll be getting a soft brexit and people who wanted otherwise will only have themselves to blame for voting for the Tories.
lol better than labour coming in, no one knew where the hell they were on europe, nor corbyn himself he was anti eu for 39 years then becomes elader and 12 months leader hes pro eu...oh what a man of principle?
Old 21-06-2017, 01:33 AM #59
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
lol better than labour coming in, no one knew where the hell they were on europe
http://www.labour.org.uk/page/-/Imag...festo-2017.pdf

'Negotiating Brexit' (pp. 23-32):

Quote:
We will scrap the Conservatives’ Brexit White Paper and replace it with fresh negotiating priorities that have a strong emphasis on retaining the bene ts of the Single arket and the Customs Union – which are essential for maintaining industries, jobs and businesses in Britain. Labour will always put jobs and the economy first.
Quote:
A Labour government will immediately guarantee existing rights for all EU nationals living in Britain and secure reciprocal rights for UK citizens who have chosen to make their lives in EU countries.
Quote:
A Labour government will ensure that the UK maintains our leading research role by seeking to stay part of Horizon 2020 and its successor programmes and by welcoming research staff to the UK.
Quote:
Labour will also protect our farmers and rural economy by ensuring Britain continues to set the highest standards in food quality and welfare. We will not allow Brexit to be used as an excuse to undercut our farmers and ood Britain’s food chain with cheap and inferior produce.
Quote:
We will drop the Conservatives’ Great Repeal Bill, replacing it with an EU Rights and Protections Bill that will ensure there is no detrimental change to workers’ rights, equality law, consumer rights or environmental protections as a result of Brexit.
Quote:
Throughout the Brexit process, we will make sure that all EU-derived laws that are of benefit - including workplace laws, consumer rights and environmental protections – are fully protected without qualifications, limitations or sunset clauses.
Quote:
Labour recognises the vital role that cross-border agencies such as Eurojust and Europol have played in making Britain safer and that European Arrest Warrants have been invaluable. A Labour government will seek to retain membership of these agencies and continue European Arrest Warrant arrangements.
Quote:
Labour will seek a Brexit deal that delivers for all regions and nations of the UK. We will introduce a ‘presumption of devolution’ where devolved powers transferred from the EU will go straight to the relevant region or nation.
Quote:
We will ensure there is no drop in EU Structural Funding as a result of Brexit until the end of the current EU funding round in 2019/20.
Quote:
Where Theresa May wants to shut down scrutiny and challenge, Labour will welcome it. We will work with Parliament, not against it. On an issue of this importance the Government can’t hide from the public or Parliament.

A Labour approach to Brexit also means legislating to guarantee that Parliament has a truly meaningful vote on the final Brexit deal.
Quote:
Freedom of movement will end when we leave the European Union.
Quote:
We will end indefnite detentions and distinguish between migrant labour and family attachment and will continue to support the work of the Forced Marriage Unit. We will replace income thresholds with a prohibition on recourse to public funds.
Quote:
Labour will crack down on unscrupulous employers. We will stop overseas-only recruitment practices, strengthen safety-at-work inspections and increase prosecutions of employers evading the minimum wage.
Quote:
For areas where immigration has placed a strain on public services we will reinstate the Migrant Impact Fund and boost it with a contributory element from the investments required for High Net Worth Individual Visas.
Quote:
Labour will set out our priorities in an International Trade White Paper to lead a national debate on the future of Britain’s trade policy. We will ensure proper transparency and parliamentary scrutiny of all future trade and investment deals.
Quote:
Labour will champion the export interests of SMEs, ensuring all new trade agreements include a commitment to support their market access needs. We will develop an export incentive scheme for SMEs based on international best practice, and we will ring-fence Tradeshow Access Programme grants to help SMEs reach new customers around the world.
And that isn't even all of it. I wish people on this forum would stop saying things that aren't actually true, and do their research first.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 03:35 AM #60
User banned

User banned

Pathetic.No facts no figures, mostly platitudes and false promises. A totally ambivalent spineless referendum campaign, labour voters were asked and even they didnt know where corbyn stood for. They spend the last 20 years calling anyone who wanted out of the eu racist. remember gordon sucking up to that labour woman they behind her back he calls her a bigot gets caught on camera and spends he rest fo the day at her house apologising...blair gifted the eu our rebate and brown signed the unreadable 500+ page constitution behind everyones backs. what a joke.

Last edited by the truth; 21-06-2017 at 03:35 AM.
Old 22-06-2017, 02:29 PM #61
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Not my words...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7801676.html
Old 22-06-2017, 02:48 PM #62
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post

And that isn't even all of it. I wish people on this forum would stop saying things that aren't actually true, and do their research first.
Tbf its much easier to just read tabloid stories than it is to actually research things

I am sick of hearing the word Brexit now tbh. Can't believe its only been a year since the vote, seems like this crap has gone on for my whole life
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2017, 09:49 PM #63
User banned

User banned

Default 55% of Europeans believe Brexit will lead the way

http://www.westmonster.com/55-of-eur...thin-10-years/

Inevitable. The bloc is finished. The control freaks have pushed too far.
Old 24-06-2017, 05:05 AM #64
User banned

User banned

Quote:
http://www.westmonster.com/55-of-eur...thin-10-years/

Inevitable. The bloc is finished. The control freaks have pushed too far.
lets defeat the germans again
Old 24-06-2017, 12:29 PM #65
User banned

User banned

Default HOL wouldn't dare block Brexit

http://brexitcentral.com/house-lords...it-referendum/

I agree with this. It would open too big a can of worms.
Old 24-06-2017, 12:44 PM #66
Banned

Banned

I imagine anyone that was going to oppose Brexit are happy enough now that we have a weak and malleable minority government in charge. We aren't going to get a hard brexit with this government and anyone who did want a hard brexit and voted Tory only have themselves to blame.
Old 24-06-2017, 01:33 PM #67
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I imagine anyone that was going to oppose Brexit are happy enough now that we have a weak and malleable minority government in charge. We aren't going to get a hard brexit with this government and anyone who did want a hard brexit and voted Tory only have themselves to blame.
You and this 'blame' thing you have going on. People can just as easily throw those types of silly comments at you if Corbyn ever gets in and cocks up as he will inevitably do.

People still don't seem to understand how left wing he is. Things under him will collapse, he will either renege on his promises or run the country into the ground and those that voted for him out of desperation and out of fear of more austetity may well find they have jumped out of three frying pan and straight into the fire.

Last edited by Brillopad; 24-06-2017 at 01:34 PM.
Old 24-06-2017, 01:35 PM #68
Banned

Banned

Quote:
You and this 'blame' thing you have going on. People can just as easily throw those types of silly comments at you if Corbyn ever gets in and cocks up as he will inevitably do.

People still don't seem to understand how left wing he is. Things under him will collapse, he will either renege on his promises or run the country into the ground and those that voted for him out of desperation and out of fear of more austetity may well find they have jumped out of three frying pan and straight into the fire.
This obsession with Corbyn....
Old 24-06-2017, 01:41 PM #69
User banned

User banned

Quote:
This obsession with Corbyn....
I might also point out your apparent obsession with me and my posts. l'm too old for you.
Old 24-06-2017, 01:51 PM #70
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I might also point out your apparent obsession with me and my posts. l'm too old for you.
I responded to a thread with my own opinion, none of which was related to you to which you responded with a personal jibe and a rant about Corbyn that didn't relate to the thread but was meant as an attack on my political beliefs.

I think you are projecting your issues onto me tbh.
Old 24-06-2017, 01:53 PM #71
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I responded to a thread with my own opinion, none of which was related to you to which you responded with a personal jibe and a rant about Corbyn that didn't relate to the thread but was meant as an attack on my political beliefs.

I think you are projecting your issues onto me tbh.
That's you, not me. Actually you were jumping on a band wagon of a couple of others trying to undermine my opinions by calling me obsessed. What part of him being a very public figure with a dodgy history trying to be PM and therefore being newsworthy and up for public scrutiny do some posters not understand. I won't be 'scared off' with such nonsence.

Last edited by Brillopad; 24-06-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 24-06-2017, 01:54 PM #72
Banned

Banned

Quote:
That's you, not me.
Case in point.
Old 24-06-2017, 02:01 PM #73
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Case in point.
In whose book your's not mine. Anyway I am not going to play your games any more as I as a non-mod will be the obvious loser. I will not respond to any more of your posts so you can respond with your drama all you like in the clear knowledge you will not be challenged. What strength - enjoy!
Old 24-06-2017, 02:03 PM #74
Banned

Banned

I will continue to use my right an opinion to comment on any thread I like, thank you!
Old 24-06-2017, 03:01 PM #75

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Quote:
Is there love in the air?

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
55%, action, actions, back, benefit, block, brexit, britain, crumble, dare, deal, election, endorsement, eu, europeans, general, gim, gina, good, hol, laugh, lead, leaves, leaving, miller, punish, referendum, refugees, saved, send, takes, time, uk