Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB17 Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.

Old 13-06-2016, 12:11 PM #1
swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):

Default My full launch and eviction nights' experience

Hey everybody,
so I've made it back home on Saturday after a week in London and going to the first two live shows - so as promised, this is my experience. It's looong so bare with me if you have a spare time, I didn't write since before the launch
TL;DR - It was awesome!

Launch night
I didn't have a priority ticket so I got to Elstree by 1pm. The queue was quite short, about 30 people - mostly the regulars already camping with their chairs and their parasols (to me they all looked like benefit street residents, if you know what I mean but maybe it's just me as a tourist). I met these really nice and cool boy and girl from Yorkshire and we had a good bond while waiting in there - they actually helped a not-so-communicative guy like me making this evening through not all alone.
Later on the tickets guys came and scanned our tickets, sending the priorities to the queue much closer to the entrance. It wasn't by 6pm that we merged with them into one big queue, passed the security (bags are allowed, even with my tablet and GoPro inside), and just about 19:45 they started letting us in.
Right at the start we were given these white masks and we made our way to the set. My first reaction was "Wow!" - I didn't know what to expect and it's so different from previous series (from the tv). The long screen was really impressive and the new stairs are just beautiful. The set is quite small and intimate in size, but with all the screens and the previous eye door it makes it look much bigger.
At first I stood by the runway, but since I wasn't in the first row and I couldn't see myself standing there all night I sneaked into the stalls and finally stood there in the front row, just behind Emma and about five people away from the stairs - s I had a great view all night and I'm probably in a lot of frames when they did the interviews and the hms went into the house (still haven't watched it, though). We were instructed to put on the masks for a short shot.
And then Emma came! And oh, how stunning is that woman! She filmed a few bits for the pre-show and on demand promos and than we had "the BB tradition", as they call it, with Andy (the audience guy) and Emma celebrating with music and everything a few minutes before starting. Really fun and good energies all around! We started filming 10-5 minutes before 9pm, so everything on TV was shown in this kind of a delay.
The show went really good, it was really exciting seeing it actually happening in front of your eyes with the vibrant atmosphere.
Gladly I had the chance of speaking to Emma shortly and she even remembered about me tweeting about my trip to the UK, she was really nice.
They didn't let us hear anything when the others were introduced so that was a shame - the audience producer just shouted "They're all haters! that's all you need to know!".
In the ad breaks, Andy ()the audience guy, not the hm) handed out Emma's cue cards of that evening and he kindly gave me one (the Sam interview) - so with this and the mask I have some really nice souvenirs from that evening
The main house tour was pre-recorded so it was quite funny seeing Emma entering the house and than she's on the screen touring, but there she was standing with us outside all watching.
In the end, I remember seeing Emma, the producer and Andy sitting all together on the stairs gazing at the screen when the titles were on and the live stream was shown - it was a really nice sight.
The show ended and I went with the Yorkshire friends for a little walk outside and by the time BOTS has finished we went to say hello to Tiffany and afterwards Rylan when they went with their cars. I said hello to Rylan and he was really nice hearing about my trip (it was really quick though tbh).

Eviction Night
I had a priority ticket thanks to Applause Store who apparently "upgraded" me after an email I sent them (though they said that launch night had no priority tickets at all, which clearly wasn't true in hindsight, but nevermind...). So I wasn't worried about making it through this time and I came around 4pm after a day in Kew Gardens (it's really nice there btw). Seeing that the queue was really empty, except of the regulars campers haha, I decided to spend the time at Tesco's and had enough time to fill the gap and watch the highlights show of the previous day that I missed.
There was no need to rush this time, cause apparently it's only the launch night that was really over-booked and with a massive queue. I arrived to the queue just before 6pm, before they merge the priorities with the generals, went through security (this time they suddenly were problematic with me having a GoPro, specifically with a stick, so I just detached it and put only the stick in the bag). A bit of waiting in the queue and than they let us all in.
This time I was really in the front of the queue so I could stand by the round stage right in front of Emma and the screen - so it was a good place to see the highlights and all the housemates' interviews and exchange.
The same rituals with the audience guy, a funny game involving four lads from the crowd, music, everybody jumping and dancing with Emma, the notorious whoop-whoop and then we were all live right on time and without a delay.
The show went brilliantly well. Alex and Jackson couldn't stand still for one second and the camera man had to switch angles like maniac hahaha.
The show ended, I said goodbye to Andy, the audience guy, and thanked him for the kind treat on Tuesday.
I went to say goodbye to Rylan one last time after BOTS - saw Emma going with the car for a glimpse and later on had a longer (but still rushed) chat with Rylan. Once again he was really nice, shook my hand and wished me a good flight back home.
And this is how it ended

My opinions on this series

The houses
I didn't read any spoilers or saw any of the pictures. The house looks really good in my opinion. The bedroom's windows to the living gave me a BB6 vibes. I don't know how I feel about the DR chair, doesn't look comfy or "chair-y", just weird. The second house is nice also. I like the flowers on the walls of the bedrooms and the new pod (finally an in-doors one, the terrace was overused).

The twist
At first I wan't really content with the rumour of celebs/relatives, but it came out really well and I think it's a good twist for the others. It's basically making a series out of the tv gold battle of the exes with Jade and Marc last year. Shame it was just stupidly ruined by all of the housemates and it's no mroe a secret, but I think the housemates are good enough to carry this series without it.

The housemates
They just look all of the same kind, worlds apart from BB16, but it's actually working. Not a lot of characters are relatable though.

Alex - looks like a nice guy after the fake eviction, though all the "get-your-six-packs-for-the-gals" attitude put me off him at first (and It's actually working on the ladies in the audience wtf?!). He looked really disappointed and nervously smiling to the crowd on the eviction.
Andrew - The annoying mister know-all. I don't like him (not to the extent of hating) but he's doing a good job as an "other".
Andy - my favourite male housemate. Got cheered on launch night after talking about the news incident. Looks like a really nice guy, intelligent. I can see why he's so upset with the house being full of shallow people.
Charlie - She's playing the victim in her relationship with Jason, but she actually admitted being awful to him, so it's pot and kettle.
Chelsea - It's like the love child of Dexter and Shabaz hahaha. Got booed on launch night. There's something enigmatic about him, as someone said (don't remember who), so I wait to see where it's all going.
Emma & Victoria - meh, another twins. I went blind after seeing their dress on launch night. I couldn't understand what were they crying all about, and couldn't care about Victoria leaving. Emma will be a floater in team Marco.
Evelyn - I like it when they put people from outside the UK and she looks interesting and different. Got booed a bit on launch night. Waiting to see what is she all about. Hope she'll chose the right side of the house.
Georgina - My favourite girl and probably my favourite housemate in general so far, right from her VT. She looks like a good girl and less shallow than all the others - so I'm up for it.
Hughie - Liked him at the beginning but then after his fights in the other house I had to volume down my TV. Wow, he's a lunatic. I didn't see that coming.
Jackson - Dappy's lost brother. I don't like all the lad talk, it's just disgusting. But I think it's basically a facade and underneath he can be quite nice.
Jason - Didn't see much of him. Got BB13 Benedict vibes for him. He sounds intelligent and a good person to talk to in the house. Sounds like he was in the right in his relationship with Charlie.
Jayne - I like her (BB11 Laura?). Doesn't look intimidating but she's not a fool - clearly not a racist and told that story just as an example.
Lateysha - Or as the crowd chanted all launch night - "Sideboob!". The highlight of the evening. She earned this nickname. I saw it with my own two eyes, and it looked horrible, you just couldn't miss it - it was just THERE and everywhere. I think sideboob sums up her as a housemate.
Laura & Marco - Oh, could we please get rid of them already. I mean, what the hell?! It's just disgusting. My eyes bleed everytime they're on screen. It's more awful than BB13 Lushligh showmance.
Natalie - what a disaster of a woman. Over-exaggerated about the whole race talk - it's like she sees a white person saying the word "black" no matter what's the context and she just goes wild. Shouts like crazy. Get her out!
Ryan - Kill me, he makes me so tired. Talks the talk but can barely walk the walk. Immature and annoying. Gave away the other house the minute he went in, so stupid. It's like Mark Byron without the fun part.
Sam - I believe his story about Ryan, he's clearly childish. He dealt with it pretty well. Good for him.

And this is what I've found so far - front row, first one on the left. I have my own pics&videos, so I'll maybe post it in the future.

And that's it. Well done if you actually read it all.

Spoiler:

Shifra, Tzabar, Ranin. BBIL 2008.
y.winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 12:28 PM #2

Sounds amazing glad you had such a good time

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 12:37 PM #3

Sounds great! I definitely need to go someday while the show is still airing
AProducer'sWetDream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 12:55 PM #4

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

I'm glad you had a good time
RichardG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 01:02 PM #5
Simba Wiv Ya Friggin ‘Air

Location: You Chanelle from Wikkfield, wherever the **** you’re from

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: A'Whora
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Favourites (more):

Sounds amazing

I'd love to go one day, glad you had a nice time.
Daniel-X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 01:02 PM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Sounds amazing

I'd love to go one day, glad you had a nice time.
Daniel-X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 04:11 PM #7
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

Thanks for sharing, it's great you got in twice as well
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-06-2016, 04:14 PM #8

y.winter
Thank You for your Report at Elstree
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:18 AM #9
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

Just seen this, looks amazing! Do you have a picture of Emma's cue card, would be good to see how it looks!
Old 03-07-2016, 11:32 AM #10

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

A good read for a sunday morning, thanks for sharing and i am so glad you weren't the hyeractive lanky bleached blonde kid dancing away behind emma i saw one night.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:52 PM #11

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Asttina Mandela

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Asttina Mandela

Where did you come from to get to the show?
Old 03-07-2016, 03:16 PM #12

Great report , just wondered did you all get to keep the masks ? Sounds as though you had a fab time. Good n ya .
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:27 PM #13
swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):

swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):

Thanks everyone. This one was almost one month ago and I'm still highly glad (and a bit shocked) for actually doing it, it was truly fun.
I came from Israel, not especially for BB, but I saw it as a great opportunity to fly to the UK for the third time (and it won't be the last time), as I love this country so much.
They did ask some of us to return the masks, don't know why, but I managed to keep it. It's a simple one, though, nothing special about it.

Spoiler:

Shifra, Tzabar, Ranin. BBIL 2008.
y.winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:38 PM #14
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

I didn't see this, it sounds amazing thanks for telling us about it so meticulously

Quote:
The main house tour was pre-recorded so it was quite funny seeing Emma entering the house and than she's on the screen touring, but there she was standing with us outside all watching.
A shocking exposé!
Old 03-07-2016, 08:42 PM #15

Quote:
They didn't let us hear anything when the others were introduced so that was a shame - the audience producer just shouted "They're all haters! that's all you need to know!".
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:49 PM #16
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.winter View Post
Thanks everyone. This one was almost one month ago and I'm still highly glad (and a bit shocked) for actually doing it, it was truly fun.
I came from Israel, not especially for BB, but I saw it as a great opportunity to fly to the UK for the third time (and it won't be the last time), as I love this country so much.
They did ask some of us to return the masks, don't know why, but I managed to keep it. It's a simple one, though, nothing special about it.

That's so cool!
Old 03-07-2016, 08:50 PM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.winter View Post
They did ask some of us to return the masks, don't know why
Not them needing task props back.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 07:50 PM #18

Sounds amazing! Shame I'm not old enough yet to go

Last edited by BBUK-Fan; 13-07-2017 at 07:58 PM.
BBUK-Fan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
eviction, experience, full, launch, nights