Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:30 PM #101
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew
Quote:
Originally posted by Chewy
I cant belive they think Kate killed Maddie
You never know, she didn't seem very emotional when she went missing.
but why would they get the case on TV? surely if she killed her she would want to keep it quiet
plus they keep making appeals instead of letting it fade away
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:31 PM #102

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigbrotherin
Quote:
Why is ITV news on?
probably covering this i dunno, i dont watch it lol.
Lol I turned over for Antony Cotton and got a news report
Why would you watch him for? lol

and what is happening on your DP is that from the Emmerdale webcam and is it from a future storyline?
Bigbrotherin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:33 PM #103

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
but why would they get the case on TV? surely if she killed her she would want to keep it quiet
They dont invite the press, they come of their own accord and they make appeals to make it look genuine?
Bigbrotherin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:34 PM #104
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why is ITV news on?
probably covering this i dunno, i dont watch it lol.
Lol I turned over for Antony Cotton and got a news report
Why would you watch him for? lol

and what is happening on your DP is that from the Emmerdale webcam and is it from a future storyline?
its a big fire thats coming up (and I like AC! although I'd have preffered Bradley Walshs chat show)
Old 07-09-2007, 04:36 PM #105
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They dont invite the press, they come of their own accord and they make appeals to make it look genuine?
yeaThey werent emotional because they were putting on a brave face, and concentrating on finding Maddie
Old 07-09-2007, 04:41 PM #106

Favourites:
BB11: Josie

Favourites:

Its a bit funny how shes managed to keep the exact same blank expression for what 4 months now,every times shes out in public.Did anyone see Kates mum and dad on itv just?diddnt look very upset,shocked,surprised,anxious to me.It just amazes me how calm the whole family seem to be.
supernoodles! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:59 PM #107

Yeah i was watching that her mum didnt seemed upset but i think it coild be shock at the moment some people show emotions differently.I do hope they had nothing to do with her dissaperance.
Jackie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:01 PM #108

Quote:
Originally posted by supernoodles!
Its a bit funny how shes managed to keep the exact same blank expression for what 4 months now,every times shes out in public.Did anyone see Kates mum and dad on itv just?diddnt look very upset,shocked,surprised,anxious to me.It just amazes me how calm the whole family seem to be.
As Jackie said, people deal with trauma in different ways. They also have other children, who they must remain strong for.
Jack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:19 PM #109

Whatever happens with Madeline, whether she is alive or not, her parents should be charged with neglecting their children. I just have a horrible feeling that they're going to get away with that if they're not charged with anything more serious.

I honestly don't think they're completely innocent.
The Portuguese police wouldn't interview them like this if they weren't seriously suspicious about them.

Kate's friends are saying "oh if you knew her, you would know that there is no way on earth she would do this" - but the thing is, nobody knows anybody, you only know yourself. If people knew people were going to murder people surely they could stop it from happening!!
gracie24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:44 PM #110

I don't know what to think. I do have a problem however with the portugese police. Their method of working is like something out of the stone age.

If blood has been found in a hire car that was hired 5 weeks after the girl went missing then the body must have been hidden fairly local until the parents presumambly moved it to another location 5 weeks after she went missing.

That does not say much for the accuracy of the searches that went on. Neither does it say much about the police ability to monitor the couple. If true they must have moved the body right under the noses of the police.

Also their is the first suspect. If they were wrong about him they could be wrong about the latest suspects....

I don't know if the parents have been responsible or not but I am convinced the police over there are the biggest bunch of amateurs you would never wish to meet up wth...
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:56 PM #111

The police work completely different over there though, they don't like to bring attention to things and disturb the people of Portugal with the cases.

They were a bit slow in the beginning but, I honestly don't think that it would have made THAT much difference.

I might be wrong.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:00 PM #112

Favourites:

Favourites:

It is possible that the first suspect could have been helping gerry and kate remove madelines body from the apartment.A part of me suspects that Kate,being a doctor may have sedated maddy in order to go out for a meal and leave her and the twins behind,then came back to realise that it had gone horribly wrong and as a result of shock and fear used the original suspect (is it john?i forget) to help cover up her death.
I understand that people deal with grief in many different ways but look at when she met the pope,as a catholic kate should have been overwhelmed that such an important figure in her life was holding her daughters photo and praying for her return but still,no emotion!
I think theres no smoke without fire but if it is proven that madelines family are not connected in anyway then i will feel terribly guilty as no parent deserves to go through this regardless of wether or not they have neglected their children previously,which in my opinion,they have.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:07 PM #113

Quote:
Originally posted by gracie24
The police work completely different over there though, they don't like to bring attention to things and disturb the people of Portugal with the cases.

They were a bit slow in the beginning but, I honestly don't think that it would have made THAT much difference.

I might be wrong.
They are in the stone age. Take the latest interviews. They do not record the interview. Instead they write everything down in their language then they have to write it again translated into English. Then they only produce a summary of all the notes for the suspects or witnesses to agree to or not.

Translating from one langugae to another is fraught with dangers of misunderstandings. Having no recording to re-listen to only translated notes makes for an investigation that has a value rating of almost zero..

The stone age....
Old 07-09-2007, 06:11 PM #114

That's just the way they work!!
If the Portuguese people are happy with that, then why should they change it all because a British family have gone over there?

I can see where you're coming from, but I really don't think if they had computers, recorded interviews, it would make that much difference.
It's not like the police officers are actually stupid.
There are a lot of good translator out there too.

The Forensic work was done in Britian and that's what has been the most influencial thing to put Kate as a suspect, not the actual Portuguese police making a decision purely on questions.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:19 PM #115

Quote:
If the Portuguese people are happy with that, then why should they change it all because a British family have gone over there?

I can see where you're coming from, but I really don't think if they had computers, recorded interviews, it would make that much difference.

The Forensic work was done in Britian and that's what has been the most influencial thing to put Kate as a suspect, not the actual Portuguese police making a decision purely on questions.
Recorded interviews would make a world of difference. They could listen time and time again and pick up on discrepencies they may not see from transalted documents which are tedious to sift through.

Not recording an interview is a crime in itself as they are asking for miscarriages of justice to come about.

They need to change not for the sake of a British family but for the sake of any crime and commited in that country.

The fact they refused to give a description of the girl and what she was wearing imediately she went missing is incompetent byond belief. There are no excuses for the terrible incompetent way the investigation has been prosecuted...
Old 07-09-2007, 06:26 PM #116

Quote:
Originally posted by bananarama
Quote:

Recorded interviews would make a world of difference. They could listen time and time again and pick up on discrepencies they may not see from transalted documents which are tedious to sift through.

Not recording an interview is a crime in itself as they are asking for miscarriages of justice to come about.

They need to change not for the sake of a British family but for the sake of any crime and commited in that country.

The fact they refused to give a description of the girl and what she was wearing imediately she went missing is incompetent byond belief. There are no excuses for the terrible incompetent way the investigation has been prosecuted...
They're just policing the way they would normally.
It's a different country, we can expect everyone to follow the same rules as we do because things are just done differently, it's a different culture in Portugal.

I'm sure they're happy with the "incompitent" way the Portuguese police are handling the situation because it just gives the McCanns an extending holiday in Portugal the longer it takes the police to figure things out.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:25 PM #117
Banned

Favourites:
UBB: Victor
Banned

Favourites:
UBB: Victor

ON SKY.COM WEBSITE just now:

A family member has claimed she was offered a deal by police - that she would serve only two years in prison if she admitted accidentally killing her daughter.

Police are said to believe that Madeleine was killed accidentally and that her body was hidden, then moved and hidden again.

They are not treating Madeleine's disappearance as murder.

There have been reports that Mrs McCann, 39, is likely to be charged with causing the accidental death of her daughter
spitfire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:47 PM #118

Madeleine: Mum 'Offered Deal To Confess'
Updated: 19:41, Friday September 07, 2007

Kate McCann has been named as a formal suspect in the "death" of her missing four-year-old daughter Madeleine.
A family member has claimed she was offered a deal by police - that she would serve only two years in prison if she admitted accidentally killing her daughter.

Kate McCann leaves police stationPolice are said to believe that Madeleine was killed accidentally and that her body was hidden, then moved and hidden again.

They are not treating Madeleine's disappearance as murder.

There have been reports that Mrs McCann, 39, is likely to be charged with causing the accidental death of her daughter.

She was questioned by police again today but released without being charged. Detectives quizzed her for 11 hours yesterday.

Police have suggested that Madeleine's blood was found in a car hired by the McCanns 25 days after their daughter's disappearance.

Gerry McCann's sister Philomena said Mrs McCann was offered a deal through her lawyer to confess to killing her daughter by accident and then disposing of her daughter.

Mr McCann is now being questioned in the same police station in Portimao, Portugal.

Before he arrived he said that any suggestion that his wife was involved in Madeleine's disappearance from their holiday apartment on May 3 was "ludicrous".

Gerry McCann arrives at police stationWriting on his blog he said: "Anyone who knows anything about May 3 knows that Kate is completely innocent. We will fight this all the way and we will not stop looking for Madeleine."

Mrs McCann's father Brian Healy told Sky News: "It would be a joke if it wasn't so disgusting. My daughter's not like that. I just want to hug her."

Family and friends in Rothley, Leicestershire, have said there is "something untoward" in the police investigation. Mrs McCann's mother Susan Healy has suggested that evidence may have been planted in the hired car.

Portuguese police have confirmed that they have a new formal suspect - or arguida - in the case but did not identify them. However, family friends have said that Kate McCann is that suspect.

The only person previously named as a suspect is British expat Robert Murat. He has denied any involvement.

Madeleine went missing on May 3Sky News crime correspondent Martin Brunt said Mrs McCann, who has returned to her home after being questioned by police again today, reportedly remains concerned that she could be charged very soon.

The McCann family spokeswoman Justine McGuiness said: "The police are treating Kate as if she is involved in the death of her daughter.

"That suggestion hasn't been put to Gerry, so they are treating them differently. It is a ridiculous suggestion."

A large crowd whistled and shouted as Mrs McCann arrived back in Portimao for more questioning.

One British tourist shouted: "We believe you, Kate." But there seemed to be jeers from other people in the crowd.

Portuguese criminal law expert Luis Rolo told Sky News: "To be named an arguida means the police already have a few suspicions that this person might have committed a crime."

He said a judge may now ask Mrs McCann to hand over her passport or impose other conditions on her behaviour.

A friend of the McCanns said of Kate: "She is shocked and surprised in several ways. First of all that such an accusation could be made against her.

"And obviously she is concerned that such a line of investigation can become a distraction from further attempts to find Madeleine."

www.sky.com/news
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:02 PM #119

Favourites:

Favourites:

bloody hell
Old 07-09-2007, 09:36 PM #120

2 years isn't enough if she pleads guilty to the "accidental" killing of Madeline.

Her lawyer obviously knows a lot more than is being let out because surely he would only suggest that she plead guilty if it was going to be really difficult for him/her to defend Kate pleading innocent.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:59 PM #121

Quote:
It is possible that the first suspect could have been helping gerry and kate remove madelines body from the apartment.A part of me suspects that Kate,being a doctor may have sedated maddy in order to go out for a meal and leave her and the twins behind,then came back to realise that it had gone horribly wrong and as a result of shock and fear used the original suspect (is it john?i forget) to help cover up her death.
I understand that people deal with grief in many different ways but look at when she met the pope,as a catholic kate should have been overwhelmed that such an important figure in her life was holding her daughters photo and praying for her return but still,no emotion!
I think theres no smoke without fire but if it is proven that madelines family are not connected in anyway then i will feel terribly guilty as no parent deserves to go through this regardless of wether or not they have neglected their children previously,which in my opinion,they have.
and for all this TV campaigning etc, that could all easily be an act - i mean, remember ian huntley, he rang the police - why? maybe its something whats going on in there mind?

I thought that she could have sedated her too!!! - And i do believe - that its the people you least expect - I also think that if they do admit to killing there daughter i think that they should get more than 20 years for what they have put the world through - i mean, they have literally had the world searching for poor little maddie, I do think they/she/he did it, and i have said that all along. Im really sorry for them, i mean why would they want to kill there daughter? - even if it was accidental it was still wrong!
Benji is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:20 PM #122

Favourites:

Favourites:

I just know its going to turn out shes dead now,and i think its going to be proven that kate was involved.I mean obviously I hope Im wrong but ive had these suspicions for over two months now and finally evidence that I may have been right to have these suspicions all along.I feel really sad atm.Poor Maddie
Old 07-09-2007, 10:24 PM #123

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Benji
Quote:
and for all this TV campaigning etc, that could all easily be an act - i mean, remember ian huntley, he rang the police - why? maybe its something whats going on in there mind?

I thought that she could have sedated her too!!! - And i do believe - that its the people you least expect - I also think that if they do admit to killing there daughter i think that they should get more than 20 years for what they have put the world through - i mean, they have literally had the world searching for poor little maddie, I do think they/she/he did it, and i have said that all along. Im really sorry for them, i mean why would they want to kill there daughter? - even if it was accidental it was still wrong!
Exactly,he was a good or supposed good friend to both Holly and Jessica,he appealed for their safe return on tv,he even gave a statement to the police before he was cosidered a suspect.More often than not its someone with a connection to the victim.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:29 PM #124

tbh - this may sound so bad, but - if they are found out to be the "killer(s)" then they are definately going to remain the rest of their lifes hated by everyone, and tbh - one of the 2 may commit suicide - i dont think they could handle it 'inside' - maybe thats what there scared of - Going to prison, maybe there thinking - we dont want to go to prison so we better act as if were concerned parents etc. - and get the world involved etc. i dont know, i may be totally wrong
Benji is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:36 PM #125

Favourites:

Favourites:

I know I mean if they are the killers or have something to do with the death or dissapearance of maddie i was thinking well the obvious reason for them to cover this up would be to avoid prison.But then I thought right,if I stick to my theory of what I think may have happened,which is that Kate sedated Maddy in order to be able to have a peacefull dinner with friends and Gerry,it went wrong,she went back to the room at tenpm to pretend to check on maddy and then returned from the apartment and pretended to her dinne guests that she`d been snatched then why would she go through the ordeal of having to lie to the world and set about disposing of her own daughters body!
I for one would rather face the prison sentence
A,becuase I would feel so guilty I couldnt possibly carry on living let alone living my normal life and
B,Becuase if i ever got found out i lied about it then the whole world would hate me ,wheras if i admitted it was accident then yeah id go to prison but i would possibly gan sympathy from at least close fmaily members............That is of course if kate i responsible and lets not forget it may not be an accident even if she is,it could still be a murder.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
discussion, important, leads, madeleine, madeline, mcann, mccann, news, police