Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:43 PM #126

either way, which ever story does happen i dont think it will be happy and there may be a few arrests and prison sentences - i also think that, if kate did do it - how would she get rid of the body in such a short space of time? where would she have put it? where would she have moved it too? Hhmmmmmmmm,

and if she did kill maddie (on purpose) why would she do it to maddie? and not any/all of her children?

Thinking about what ive just wrote i think that it HAS to be Accidental due to nothing happening to the other children. - I mean, if someone had broken into the aprtment, why would they take maddie? why maddie?
Benji is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:54 PM #127

Favourites:
BB11: Josie

Favourites:
BB11: Josie

I dont know,maybe three year olds are more desirable to peadophillies,as horrible as that sounds.
However im going to stick with my current thought which is that Kate is definetly in some way or another accidental or not related to the dissapearance of maddy.
We have to remember that the care hired by the mc canns 25 days after the dissapearance of maddy was found to contain traces of her blood.Therefore this may suggest that the car was used to transport maddies body to else where.
supernoodles! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:54 PM #128

Well there is the "killing". - Accidental or otherwise

Then there would be the rather massive fraud charge - for the settiing up of the appeal fund which they have directly benefitted from.

When they threatened to sue a reporter for libel, a civil case in Portugal, and like civil cases here have to be paid for out of your own pocket, I wonder where that money was supposed to come from ?, its not cheap to sue someone, even for a couple of doctors.

Like has been said before thay have been given a shockingly easy ride, especially by the British media.

If at some point a kid goes missing from, say a council estate in britain, and it turns out the parents left it alone, and they have other kids - I wonder what the difference in reporting will be when dealing with a low ncome couple rather than a couple of doctors ?. Wonder how social services will react.

I suppose it comforting to know that Middle Class professionals are treated differently when it comes to child neglect - especially comforting if you are a Middle Class professional getting a bit fed up and "wanting to get your life back", at least you won't be treated like those grimy working class oiks and low income single parent familes.
spacebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:00 PM #129

OK....

I think that what will be, will be - i can only sugges that they either won up to doing it or they find maddy (highly unlikely) or they find other evidence.

Whether they find maddie tommrorow or in the next 50 years - i think they WILL get to the bottom of this, and i do think the maddie case is coming to a close
Old 07-09-2007, 11:03 PM #130

I thought it would be like a procedure or something to interrogate the parents like this in the first place. I'm surprised it's taken them this long to do that.
Wasted is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:09 PM #131

I would have thought they would have done this first -

Maybe they have left it this late to try and break them, they may crack up - we dont know - we my never know
Old 07-09-2007, 11:12 PM #132
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by gracie24
2 years isn't enough if she pleads guilty to the "accidental" killing of Madeline.

Her lawyer obviously knows a lot more than is being let out because surely he would only suggest that she plead guilty if it was going to be really difficult for him/her to defend Kate pleading innocent.
Plea bargaining is what happens very often and sometimes it is a tempting offer when overwealming evidence is evident. I haven't followed so closely about the Madeleine McCann case, but if Blood samples have been found and that evidence can really only point to the parent or parents, then it is looking quite bad for the McCann's, isn't it?

But she has been released for now, so it will be a bit of a wait yet?

This thing has been going on for ages now. It has been publicised soooooooooo much - it is unfair really. All those other missing children out there and all we hear is Madeleine, Madeleine, Madeleine. It is a terrible situation, but no more terrible than someone else going missing
the_stillness is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:15 PM #133

i totally agree - but dont you get the feeling that the mcanns are trying to hide something? - i mean like you said, no other families have gone to this much trouble to get there children back. Maybe the mcanns know that they arnt really going to get there children back and thought all this publisising is only an act to deter the world from the real news.

Maybe this could be a conspricay theaory in 5 years time....
Old 07-09-2007, 11:38 PM #134
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Benji
i totally agree - but dont you get the feeling that the mcanns are trying to hide something? - i mean like you said, no other families have gone to this much trouble to get there children back. Maybe the mcanns know that they arnt really going to get there children back and thought all this publisising is only an act to deter the world from the real news.

Maybe this could be a conspricay theaory in 5 years time....
There are a load of maybes at the minute. But the work that has gone into this particular investigation is pretty extensive. The McCann's will be unaware that much of the investigating which goes on behind the scenes - will be focused on the McCann's themselves.

I do also suspect the same thing that you do Benji. I feel that the McCann's have gone to so much trouble in trying to locate and find Madeleine - that it could just be a smokescreen to hide their own guilt? We shall have to wait and see how things develop over the next few days
the_stillness is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:40 PM #135

Well, Its been good to chat, but im going to bed - hopefully Little maddie too is resting in peace somewhere.

xx
Old 07-09-2007, 11:51 PM #136

Quote:
Originally posted by supernoodles!
I dont know,maybe three year olds are more desirable to peadophillies,as horrible as that sounds.
However Im going to stick with my current thought which is that Kate is definetly in some way or another accidental or not related to the dissapearance of maddy.
We have to remember that the care hired by the mc canns 25 days after the dissapearance of maddy was found to contain traces of her blood.Therefore this may suggest that the car was used to transport maddies body to else where.

Amazing how a dead body for 5 weeks still was able to continue bleeding. If they were clever enough to do all that the police suggest don't you think they would have wrapped the body up so as to avoid any dried blood getting in the car.....

Could be in the interest of tourism that they want to wrap up the investigation one way or another.....We have to trust police when they say they have found blood where they say they have found it.........Never heard of police corruption.......

With massive media coverage amazing how they managed to go back to the body hidden where the searches could not find it and move it elseware while the media were watching every move they made.........A tall story if ever there was one.....
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:24 AM #137

There's something about Kate and Gerry McCann I don't like. However, that's not enough for me to think that they might have killed Madeleine. I don't know....that just doesn't add up to me.

The Portugese Police system is very different to over here...suspects have more rights than witnesses, so sometimes people are formally named as suspects, in order that they receive those rights.

The saddest thing of all of course, is nobody is any closer to knowing exactly what happened to Madeleine, except whoever did take her. I would love to be wrong, but I really don't see a happy ending to this matter.
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:27 AM #138

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigbrotherin
NOTE - In portugal your only made a formal suspect if they have strong reason to be suspicious of you.
Not so, as someone can declare themselves as suspect. And the Police have to be suspicious that you did something to name you as a suspect over here as well!
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:35 PM #139

It's such an alarming twist after the entire fiasco over the last few months. It really does seem so unbelievable, but such serious charges wouldn't be made without the necessary evidence, I don't think. Although, of course, it is always necessary to make sure that every single possibility is explored - however the question is, why now? Personally I'm not sure what I believe right now, but I do think things are very fishy. There have been explanations about what exactly happened that day which tend to change quite a bit, which only seems more confusing.

I really hope that the McCanns had nothing to do with it, especially considering the fact that they still have young twins. I will keeping my eye on this news story for quite a while to find out what the overall verdict is.
Bells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:47 PM #140

Yes i never thought for once they could have anything to do with it.I do hope i am right.
Jackie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:03 PM #141

The latest news is on sky

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...283278,00.html

I just find the whole thing very uncomfortable, I have always said I was not keen on the Mcanns and the way they have behaved following the disappearence of Maddie, however I am still reluctant to say I think they killed her, not sure why.

As for police "finding" evidence in the hire car, well I have no faith in the justice system at all, whether it is in the UK or abroad. They are just as liekly to plant evidence or fabricate it to get some kind of closure to this case. The portugese police must be fed up with being over run by press, and having their country under scrutiny.

Also offering Kate a sentence of less than 2 years if she admits to accidently killing Maddie seems strange to me, they appear to want to just get things over and done with.
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:08 PM #142

All along i never thought for once they would be involved and hoping their not their just putting pressure on the Mcanns to see if their going to confess to something.
Jackie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:32 PM #143

Default Madeline Mcann - all discussion and news here

Just been announced on sky news.
rooterwar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:34 PM #144

Ooooooooooooo, why? - Maybe they know they might get found out... (Seriously, im not saying this to be horrible but..)....Its like a Soap, It has lots of twists and turns, its seriously has had some thought about it.

I think they did do it and i have said that since the beggining -
Old 08-09-2007, 11:45 PM #145

I don't think the parents have done anything to Maddy, but what about the others who allegedly checked on her that night.

It is stated in many reports online, that 2 freinds individually had checked on the children after Gerry had checked and before Kate found Madeleine missing.

So If Madeleine was there when these two people checked then how on earth would Gerry or kate have had the oportunity to hurt or remove Madeleine? they wouldn't! It doesn't look like the police have taken this into account very much.

If Madeleine wasn't there then why didn't the two friends notice or say something? or maybe they didn't check? if not, where did they go when leaving the meal? Surely the police have questioned these two people? they must be key witnesses and yet we have heard little mention of them on the tv news!

Who checked and exactly when is crucial and as far as I can see needs to be looked into more, many of the reports differ on the times!
rooterwar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:10 AM #146

After saying they'd stay til the kid was found
After having their family leak the line of questioning they received from the police
After stating yesterday that they would stay to clear their name - finding Maddie now a forgotten fiction
Suddenly.... they will leave tomorrow
Back to the UK where the tame press will not ask questions in case they upset them and they don't sell their story to their particular paper

and from where they will no doubt fight extradition should the Portugese Police want to charge them

It stunk to high heaven before - its worse now
spacebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:38 AM #147
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

I think they just want to get away from where Maddie disappeared (or was killed)
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:34 AM #148
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Why aren't the Portuguese police arresting them and detaining them for murder!
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:50 AM #149
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Bandit
In a survey of murder cases carried out in 1998 16% of murder victims were members of the murderers family and 64% where friends and acquaintances - strangers accounted for the remaining 20%.
Thankyou for that, I knew that the crime statistics showed that most murders are committed in the family. From day one I has suspected that Madeline's parents should be prime suspects. They are clever and devious people, so hiding the body would have been no problem for them. They would have figured out how to do it.

If this was in the UK, they would have been charged with murder weeks ago.

Remember that lass who claimed her fiancée was killed by road ragers, and it turned out she had stabbed him in a fit of rage? People do these things and lie to cover up.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:10 AM #150
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

More evidence from British police that Kate is hiding something

The evidence that they killed Madeline is mounting everyday

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
discussion, important, leads, madeleine, madeline, mcann, mccann, news, police