Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:39 AM #1

Default Madeleine Mccann-Why I don\'t think the parents did it

Since this case began it had never, ever become a possibilty to me that the Kate and Gerry Mccann were responsible for the dissapearence or maybe death of Madeleine. I think the behaviour of the Potuguese police is nothing but an utter outrage. The just want to close up this case and lock the parents up in jail purely beacuse they can'i be 'bothered' to come to another conclosion. They say the dogs could smell dead corpse on Kate's bible and her clothes. The last time I checked dogs can't speak. How do the police know what the dogs could smell. The blood found in hire car was a minute as a paper cut, but the parents are being accused of bundling Maddies corpse up in the car. They were accused of taking the corpse way 5 weeks after the disappearence. They have been filmed by news programmes and been followed around by papperazi since Madeleine dissapeared!
How on earth could they have got away with it. If the parents had been hiding the body for 5 weeks where would they keep it with family liason officers at their home the whle time. If Kate or Gerry was bad parents who didn't look after the children don't you think you would see headlines in The Sun or The Daily Star saying, " I saw Kate hit the children" from people who have got nothing better to do than ruin their lives. But no there has been nothong from their home town where people see them all the time and know them. But over their in Pourtugal they are throwing all sorts of accusations around.
To be honest it makes me feel sick.
Hugo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:44 AM #2
Frozen

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Callahan
CBB 11: Rylan Clark

Frozen

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Callahan
CBB 11: Rylan Clark

Quote:
Originally posted by {Checkmate}
Since this case began it had never, ever become a possibilty to me that the Kate and Gerry Mccann were responsible for the dissapearence or maybe death of Madeleine. I think the behaviour of the Potuguese police is nothing but an utter outrage. The just want to close up this case and lock the parents up in jail purely beacuse they can'i be 'bothered' to come to another conclosion. They say the dogs could smell dead corpse on Kate's bible and her clothes. The last time I checked dogs can't speak. How do the police know what the dogs could smell. The blood found in hire car was a minute as a paper cut, but the parents are being accused of bundling Maddies corpse up in the car. They were accused of taking the corpse way 5 weeks after the disappearence. They have been filmed by news programmes and been followed around by papperazi since Madeleine dissapeared!
How on earth could they have got away with it. If the parents had been hiding the body for 5 weeks where would they keep it with family liason officers at their home the whle time. If Kate or Gerry was bad parents who didn't look after the children don't you think you would see headlines in The Sun or The Daily Star saying, " I saw Kate hit the children" from people who have got nothing better to do than ruin their lives. But no there has been nothong from their home town where people see them all the time and know them. But over their in Pourtugal they are throwing all sorts of accusations around.
why would anyones parents kill there own child,I dont know?
Harry! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:21 AM #3

Quote:
Originally posted by {Checkmate}
i toyaly agreei hope shes found!
KKBL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:30 AM #4

Right, I'm not sure what to think, but some of your points are completely ridiculous.

Quote:
I think the behaviour of the Potuguese police is nothing but an utter outrage. The just want to close up this case and lock the parents up in jail purely beacuse they can'i be 'bothered' to come to another conclosion.
That's a rather bold remark to make, when clearly you have very little knowledge on the matter.

Quote:
They say the dogs could smell dead corpse on Kate's bible and her clothes. The last time I checked dogs can't speak. How do the police know what the dogs could smell.
Because it was a sniffer dog? I mean, come on, surely you could have realized that?

Quote:
The blood found in hire car was a minute as a paper cut, but the parents are being accused of bundling Maddies corpse up in the car.
So Maddie had a papercut in a car hired five weeks after her disappearence?

Quote:
They were accused of taking the corpse way 5 weeks after the disappearence. They have been filmed by news programmes and been followed around by papperazi since Madeleine dissapeared!
A fair point, I suppose, but they've not been filmed 24/7, have they?

Quote:
I'm not sure what the theory is on that, but it's likely they hid the body, then moved it after they thought it could be found. (This isn't a fact, but this is what could be a theory should the whole thing turn out to be true)
dupin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:33 AM #5
Nah

Nah

There is something not understandable in that story, it's quite hard ad that stage to say if they are guilty or not. We don't have much elements, they police does have but won't tell us. I just think we have to wait but something is clearly wrong there.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:44 PM #6

I don't know if they are guilty or not. What is clear however is the portuguese police are incredibly incompetent. As such any conclusion by the police be it clearing someone or accusing someone cannot be relied on in any shape or form

The latest piece of portugal police imbecility was when the questione the mother then released her so she could go back and tell her husband all the details of the questioning and then had him in for questioning the following day.

They allowed collusion between suspects. What sense does that make. Both parents should have been questioned independently at the same time. Any other way will only result in a corrupted result.

When they search they do half a search and then go back weeks later to do another more complete search. Imbeciles is the only description worthy of the portuguese police utter complete incompetent imbeciles...Which probably has cost a child it's life......
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:00 PM #7

I believe that the McCanns are innocent until proven guilty. There's definately something not adding up on both the McCann's part and the portugese police. I cannot see how it is physically possible for them to dispose a body when they are literally being hounded by the media 24 hours a day. And if, like is suggested, the body was temporarily hidden for about 4 weeks after her death then why wasn't it found? It must have been hidden fairly close to the apartment and the police apparently combed the area. Also, with the heat of the portugese climate, surely the body would have began to smell and decompose making it more obvious. Nothing adds up in this case. Why were the blood samples sent to the UK? If, like the portugese police have suggested, Kate gave her child a fatal overdose of sedatives how did they find traces of her blood? And the hire car which had traces of her blood, was hired 4 weeks after her disappearence. I'm no doctor, but surely if she died on the 3rd of May, why would there be traces of blood in the hire car? Blood can only be transferred from different materials when wet, and the blood would surely have dried and clotted way before then.

I think before people point the finger, they need to remember such cases as Sally Clark for example. Peoples' lives can be completely destroyed by false accusations of this degree. Saying that you think someone is a murderer with little evidence or justification is an extremely bold comment to make.
Jack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:07 PM #8

Alternately the child was killed earlier than they claim she "disappeared".

We only actually have the McCanns word on the timeframe,

hypothetically, if something happened to the child a few hours before the kidnap timeframe, they had plenty of time to clean up the scene - drive X miles into the middle of nowhere, hide the body then come back, go out for dinner then start screaming abducted.

There is no body, no autopsy can place time of death, even if the body was found today it would not be accurate.

Once again - the Belgium question.

They went all over the place to shake hands with celebs, and for so called sightings.

The one sighting that so convinced police that it may be real, that they ordered a DNA test on a glass was in belgium.

The results took a week - the the media waited with baited breath

Why did the McCanns not go there, as they said they would search everywhere....... was belgium not glamorous enough ? , no-one famous to shake hands with like there was in Rome and Madrid etc etc

or

Why bother going there if you know the "sighting" is not for real ?
spacebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:12 PM #9

Quote:
Originally posted by spacebandit
Alternately the child was killed earlier than they claim she "disappeared".

We only actually have the McCanns word on the timeframe,

hypothetically, if something happened to the child a few hours before the kidnap timeframe, they had plenty of time to clean up the scene - drive X miles into the middle of nowhere, hide the body then come back, go out for dinner then start screaming abducted.

There is no body, no autopsy can place time of death, even if the body was found today it would not be accurate.

Once again - the Belgium question.

They went all over the place to shake hands with celebs, and for so called sightings.

The one sighting that so convinced police that it may be real, that they ordered a DNA test on a glass was in belgium.

The results took a week - the the media waited with baited breath

Why did the McCanns not go there, as they said they would search everywhere....... was belgium not glamorous enough ? , no-one famous to shake hands with like there was in Rome and Madrid etc etc

or

Why bother going there if you know the "sighting" is not for real ?
I agree that the McCanns could have killed Madeleine and hidden her body before they allegedly found her missing but that doesn't explain the blood found in the hire car which was hired 4 weeks after she apparently went missing.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:29 PM #10

Can the british governemtn/britsh police get involved? as its english people who are involved?
Benji is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:57 PM #11

i dont think they did it because know one can kill their child! well i would'nt anyway!!! but they carnt have dun it!!!!
n.l.o7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:27 PM #12

Quote:
Originally posted by n.l.o7
i dont think they did it because know one can kill their child! well i would'nt anyway!!! but they carnt have dun it!!!!
I'm sure the stastistics disagree - when children are killed, a lot of the time, it is the parents that are responsible - of course, that doesn't mean it's 100% true in this case. And also, I think the police think the killing of Maddie was by accident, if it was her parents.
dupin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:15 PM #13

Im starting to think they are involved- but I bloody well hope Im wrong
Chrizzle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:24 PM #14

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack

I agree that the McCanns could have killed Madeleine and hidden her body before they allegedly found her missing but that doesn't explain the blood found in the hire car which was hired 4 weeks after she apparently went missing.
Easily explained, the Portugese Police were incompetent and un-professional, they were clearly swept up in the "abduction" story, and only too willing to jump all over an expat Britain as the culprit.

No-one wanted to believe the parents could be responsible - and it wouldn't suprise me if the portugese police were not hugely releived to have a non-portugese suspect.

As soon as they take the gloves off and start investigating properly two things happen

The parents become suspects

after months of saying they would never leave, and days after saying they would stay to clear themselves, they run back to UK, where, according to Gerry McCanns sister on BBC News they arecall so releived that the press are so supportinve of them and are dismissing the allegations against them.

They ran to where the media is tamest
spacebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:44 PM #15

Quote:
Originally posted by spacebandit
Quote:
Originally posted by Jack

Easily explained, the Portugese Police were incompetent and un-professional, they were clearly swept up in the "abduction" story, and only too willing to jump all over an expat Britain as the culprit.

No-one wanted to believe the parents could be responsible - and it wouldn't suprise me if the portugese police were not hugely releived to have a non-portugese suspect.

As soon as they take the gloves off and start investigating properly two things happen

The parents become suspects

after months of saying they would never leave, and days after saying they would stay to clear themselves, they run back to UK, where, according to Gerry McCanns sister on BBC News they arecall so releived that the press are so supportinve of them and are dismissing the allegations against them.

They ran to where the media is tamest
I mean how did the blood get there? If you say that they killed her then hid the body before or on the night of May 3rd, how then, 4 weeks later, can there be traces of blood in a car which was hired 4 weeks later? I completely agree with your above comments though.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:54 PM #16

I dont think that the McCans killed their little girl.

But one thing bugs me.

Kate washed Maddies fav toy, cuddle cat after she went missing. I have a daughter about the same age as maddie and she also has a fav stuffed toy. If, god forbid, anything happened to my little girl I would never ever wash her scent off anything let alone her fav thing.

I would keep it forever smelling of her tokeep me close
~Kizwiz~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:52 PM #17

The portuguese are now saying the investigation could take another year. Doesn't sound as if the so called blood in the car forensic evidence is very strong otherwise they could have charged them before they left. Let alone take another year doing what ever....

A british forensic expert has said that all the forensic evidence this far found is too late.....Taken weeks after the so called crime and contaminated due to other people using both car and indeed using the apartment.......Even if what was claimed by the police was true it could not stand up in court because of the incompetence of the police.

Also it would be quite normal for DNA to be found in the car 5 weeks later as the parents would still have DNA from the child on their clothing. Any DNA other than blood could be explained away for this reason.

The mention of blood in the hire car is after all only hear say thus far. The police have not actually said what the DNA evidence is comprised of........
Old 09-09-2007, 07:00 PM #18

Quote:
Originally posted by bananarama
The portuguese are now saying the investigation could take another year. Doesn't sound as if the so called blood in the car forensic evidence is very strong otherwise they could have charged them before they left. Let alone take another year doing what ever....

A british forensic expert has said that all the forensic evidence this far found is too late.....Taken weeks after the so called crime and contaminated due to other people using both car and indeed using the apartment.......Even if what was claimed by the police was true it could not stand up in court because of the incompetence of the police.

Also it would be quite normal for DNA to be found in the car 5 weeks later as the parents would still have DNA from the child on their clothing. Any DNA other than blood could be explained away for this reason.

The mention of blood in the hire car is after all only hear say thus far. The police have not actually said what the DNA evidence is comprised of........
True. I think it's clear that the portuguese police are trying to frame the McCanns (maybe "frame" is a strong word). They are probably bluffing a lot of things and are adamant for a confession and want to make Kate crack.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:04 PM #19

In my opinion i think that they killed madeleine by mistake, kate said she gave maddie child painkillers and i think that she might of given her more than she needed( accidenlty overdosed her) and it killed her. but i have no thoery with what they woudl do with the body
Xander is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:07 PM #20
Banned

Banned

I think it's an utter outrage, the portugese police are incredibly Incompetent, even when they were looking for maddie they didn't look or try hard enough, they only followed up on sightings weeks after they had happened and now they are blaming the parents? It is abviously a way of 'closing the book' on the case because they can't be bothered. The evidence is incredibly weak against the McCanns yet the portugese police have turned the whole of Portugal against the McCanns.

They are not even trying, and I can tell you why it's because Maddie and her family is english, If it was a portugese child that had gone missing in the same circumstances i bet you they'd work twice as hard.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:22 PM #21

It's in the tourist interest of the portuguese to have the parents guilty. The idea that the resort has child kidnappers would endanger their tourist popularity.......Hence blame it on the parents........
Old 09-09-2007, 08:26 PM #22
Banned

Banned

I'm not sure what to think to be honest. Unfortunately in this day and age, we can't discount the possibility that the parent's killed their child, accidentally or otherwise.

No matter what the McCann's do now, there will be some people who will construe their actions as suspicious.

That is, of course, until the truth comes out. And unfortunately, that will only happen if and when the child is found. At this stage, I don't hold out much hope for her being found, dead or alive.
RockStar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:05 PM #23

We can all look at why we think the parents might or might not be involved but sadly until real evidence or Madeline are found then we will not know.
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
don't, madeleine, mccannwhy, parents