Notices

CBB20 Celebrity Big Brother Summer 2017 [CBB 20] was was won by Sarah Harding. Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 24-08-2017, 11:51 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
Default The Sam and Amelia show - to take the heat off Sarah/Chad.

The whole episode and BOTS too revolved around him and Amelia. They made a 5 course meal out of very little, you'd think that he'd asked her to marry him early on or something instead of saying he'd like to take her out for dinner and liking her. And it was unfair how they embarrassed Amelia too in public just for our gratification, there was no need for it, she and Sam would have talked when they got out.
Why did they do it? -
I guess they had to sacrifice someone to take the heat off the cheating Sarah and the awful Sarah/Chad showmance, which wasn't even given the time of day. Talk about sheer transparency.
I must say Amelia was terrific tonight. She didn't make the meal out of it that the shows did, as she knows the truth. If only she could win - she's gone up so much in my estimation.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 11:53 PM #2
A great thief

A great thief

Amelia has gone up a lot in my estimation tonight Sam has done the opposite.
Old 24-08-2017, 11:58 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

I couldnt hear much over kate prices mouth roaring in the background....or see much...sarahs face..was she ok with this snub?

Last edited by parmnion; 25-08-2017 at 12:00 AM.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 12:00 AM #4

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyHollyoaks View Post
Amelia has gone up a lot in my estimation tonight Sam has done the opposite.
He hasn't done anything awful, Amelia doesn't think so and she is one of the most honest and straightforward people ever to be on BB. In the BOTS garden tonight she was still saying that she was going on a date with him so something else must have happened yesterday that we don't know about....hmmm....
Old 25-08-2017, 01:48 AM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

It's despicable really how the show had ex HM's coming on embarrassing a lovely girl like Amelia in public when there was no need for it, there is only one day to go in the show and she and Sam had already spoken about talking about things when they got out. Why do that - exploiting a young girls vulnerability for the titillation of the viewers.

She is such a sweet girl I'm bloody furious how the show focused on her and Sam, who has done little wrong really, except that early on he said he would like to take her to dinner but was wary as he had other stuff to deal with and and she agreed he had told her so, and maybe didn't fancy her as much as he did at first (shock, horror!) Though he obviously likes and respects her - I haven't seen anything to the contrary - and I still think there is something there...

It was as if it was the worst thing a man has ever done to a woman on BB, OMG this is BIG - lets have a whole episode and a BOTS episode too about it all. Lets milk it !!!!

Meanwhile Harding cheating on her BF in public and the very dubious 'romance' with Chad wasn't even mentioned. Talk about favouritism and being let completely off the hook!

Sam was thrown under the bus and the lovely Amelia was the sacrificial lamb - to divert unwelcome attention from Sarah/Chad of course.

BB has spoken. Sarah wins, Chad the Lad is 2nd, or the reverse. Yippee!

Last edited by jet; 25-08-2017 at 02:12 AM.
Old 25-08-2017, 07:52 AM #6

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

I think the show only really addressed what a lot of people were noticing about Sam's hot and cold towards Amelia. Sam is the one who should spoken to her and a long time before this. Amelia is going to be embarrassed wheher she learned it now or later so I don't think that could be avoided, unless Sam had been more honest sooner so she didn't wear her heart on her sleeve so much. I think he listens to Jemma too much. Jemma is quite a negative influence.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 25-08-2017 at 07:55 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 08:03 AM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
It's despicable really how the show had ex HM's coming on embarrassing a lovely girl like Amelia in public when there was no need for it, there is only one day to go in the show and she and Sam had already spoken about talking about things when they got out. Why do that - exploiting a young girls vulnerability for the titillation of the viewers.

She is such a sweet girl I'm bloody furious how the show focused on her and Sam, who has done little wrong really, except that early on he said he would like to take her to dinner but was wary as he had other stuff to deal with and and she agreed he had told her so, and maybe didn't fancy her as much as he did at first (shock, horror!) Though he obviously likes and respects her - I haven't seen anything to the contrary - and I still think there is something there...

It was as if it was the worst thing a man has ever done to a woman on BB, OMG this is BIG - lets have a whole episode and a BOTS episode too about it all. Lets milk it !!!!

Meanwhile Harding cheating on her BF in public and the very dubious 'romance' with Chad wasn't even mentioned. Talk about favouritism and being let completely off the hook!

Sam was thrown under the bus and the lovely Amelia was the sacrificial lamb - to divert unwelcome attention from Sarah/Chad of course.

BB has spoken. Sarah wins, Chad the Lad is 2nd, or the reverse. Yippee!
Agree with everything you say. Sam was surging in votes yesterday. I suspect that he was getting too close for comfort to a certain someone hence the totally contrived storyline the night before the final,not that I am sceptical or anything. I agree with you that I think the whole episode was to detract attention from the behaviour of another couple on the show.

To put things into perspective he told a girl he fancied her etc but explained that he had too much baggage going on in his outside life to commit to anything whilst in the house. He also said he had no intention of getting into a showmance. Amelia was totally aware of his situation which she confirmed on BBBOTS last night. How that was then construed to the point where you would have thought he was the devil incarnate I don't know, particularly when Sams easy option could have been to totally play along with the showmance but the fact that he didn't want to hurt his ex on the outside or Amelia was admirable in my opinion. Certainly better than cheating on your partner and totally flaunting the fact for him to watch.
Trasadkel1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 08:11 AM #8
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Amelia is a good looking girl, she will have a queue of lads ready and willing to take her out on a date. She isn't going to lose any sleep over someone who maybe will take her out for a meal, if he can be arsed and his girlfriend allows it

It is a non event, and i do think it was highlighted to ensure the win for Sarah.

Of those remaining, i would rather Amelia won now, just to stick 2 fingers up at the producers and the Sarah and Chad bore fest.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
amelia, heat, sam, sarah or chad, show, thompson