Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 18-09-2017, 12:10 PM #101
You know my methods

You know my methods

If torturing people was very successful its an option but I seem to remember its a crap way to get intel. I think it would be better not to welcome in say middle aged child migrants with open arms or indeed any economic migrant. Maybe try and run immigration logically and not emotionally?
Old 18-09-2017, 12:54 PM #102
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
Wow!!!! And what exactly would you class 'waterboarding' as then ? It's ****ing TORTURE!!!!

Yeah, torture got lots of information during the Iraq debacle at the Black Sites, the vast majority of it false. People will say anything to stop being tortured (especially the innocent ones detained in error).........mad isn't it.
With an attitude like that let's hope you find yourself on the receiving end of torture one day so you can appreciate what a truly sub-human, barbaric thing it is. Have you not heard of the Geneva Convention ? Maybe you should look at the work Amnesty International do in support of Human Rights throughout the World. Educate yourself a bit why don't you.

I think these are probably your most ridiculous posts yet. You're the sort of person that decent, caring people are ashamed of.

How can we 'claim' to be more humain in the West if we resort to the same tactics as ''the terrorists'' ? Makes you as bad as them..........imo.
Is that what you seek - approval - for being more humane than others.

Personally I don't consider letting masses of people in, some of which are likely to be terrorists and will end up killing people, to be very humane. I read an estimate of about 10,000 terrorists getting into Europe posing as refuges - they can kill and maim a lot of people.

Most of the 'refuges' aren't even genuine refuges, but economic migrants. We are risking the lives of our children to give people from other countries a better life. Not a price worth paying in my book.

Do you just cross your fingers and pray it won't be you or yours who are called upon to make such a sacrifice? As long as it is someone else. To me that is putting your principles before that of the lives of others and playing with other peoples' lives.
Old 18-09-2017, 01:03 PM #103
No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

No filter

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Amanda Barrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I really don't think it matters much what level we are on, what level were we on when it happened, probably severe, lets face it nothing happens when we are at critical
Very true. Yeah it was severe. And we've been at severe for about five years now I think with the occasional rise to critical after an attack.
Old 18-09-2017, 01:18 PM #104

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Kiefer
RPDR UK 2: Ginny Lemon

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
What the **** are you on about ? Where did i say that ? Where did i even mention anything about immigrants ? Oh no, that's right.....I Didn't. Just you using your corkscrew 'logic' again to twist someone's point. Nothing new there then.

I would like to think that i treat my fellow human beings as humanely as is possible and i will always help a person if i possibly can, regardless of who they are, whether i know them, where they're from or what Nationality they are, but ''seeking approval'' is the last thing on my mind. It's just the right thing to do, imo, unlike torturing people.
You're the only one who's mentioned ''seeking approval'' so that's obviously the way you think but please don't tar me with the same brush. That's not what i'm about. I've never sought, expected or wanted ''approval'' for anything i've done in my life.

Last edited by JTM45; 18-09-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Old 18-09-2017, 01:23 PM #105
-

-

Quote:
What the **** are you on about ? Where did i say that ? Oh no, that right.....I Didn't. Just you using your corkscrew 'logic' again to twist someone's point. Nothing new there then.

I would like to think that i treat my fellow human beings as humanely as is possible and i will always help a person if i possibly can, regardless of whether i know them, where they're from or what Nationality they are, but ''seeking approval'' is the last thing on my mind. It's just the right thing to do, imo, unlike torturing people.
You're the only one who's mentioned ''seeking approval'' so that's obviously the way you think but please don't tar me with the same brush. That's not what i'm about.
We're supposed to buy the rhetoric that being ruthless and bigoted is to be considered "pragmatic and necessary" and, therefore, presumably, "moral".

"I don't seek anyone's approval... I don't care what people think about me... I support us doing whatever needs to be done no matter what the cost, to save the lives of British Babies. You don't because you only love Muslim babies, you hate British babies and fish and chips and the queen."

That's more or less what I read every time I come into a thread these days .
Old 18-09-2017, 01:44 PM #106

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
We're supposed to buy the rhetoric that being ruthless and bigoted is to be considered "pragmatic and necessary" and, therefore, presumably, "moral".

"I don't seek anyone's approval... I don't care what people think about me... I support us doing whatever needs to be done no matter what the cost, to save the lives of British Babies. You don't because you only love Muslim babies, you hate British babies and fish and chips and the queen."

That's more or less what I read every time I come into a thread these days .
Spot on TS!!!
And it's this kind of rhetoric that is largely responsible for what's going on now. Blocking out the rest of the World (or the 'undesirable' types, as these people like to see them) is clearly not going to fix anything, just create more of a divide and more hostility, here and abroad.
Old 18-09-2017, 01:50 PM #107
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Spot on TS!!!
And it's this kind of rhetoric that is largely responsible for what's going on now. Blocking out the rest of the World (or the 'undesirable' types, as these people like to see them) is clearly not going to fix anything, just create more of a divide and more hostility, here and abroad.
yeah, lets all get on like they do in say the middle east, asia or africa

bloody britain and their terrible ways

Old 18-09-2017, 02:00 PM #108
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post

"Everyone is bad so why should we be any better"

?

Very ruthless and pragmatic of you, LT
Old 18-09-2017, 02:02 PM #109

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

So we should follow their example then ? We (the West) have had a lot to do with prolonging, agitating and even causing many of the problems in those countries.

The people of Britain, on the whole, are good people and i'd prefer it to stay that way and not get all ignorant, ill-willed and right-wing.

Last edited by JTM45; 18-09-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 18-09-2017, 02:38 PM #110

Quote:

Personally I don't consider letting masses of people in, some of which are likely to be terrorists and will end up killing people, to be very humane. I read an estimate of about 10,000 terrorists getting into Europe posing as refuges - they can kill and maim a lot of people.

Most of the 'refuges' aren't even genuine refuges, but economic migrants. We are risking the lives of our children to give people from other countries a better life. Not a price worth paying in my book.

Do you just cross your fingers and pray it won't be you or yours who are called upon to make such a sacrifice? As long as it is someone else. To me that is putting your principles before that of the lives of others and playing with other peoples' lives.
You really are frightened aren't you?

I tell you what I warn my kids about. I warn them about speeding drivers and the inconsiderate bastards who drive whilst using their mobile phones. Only yesterday my friends little Italian Greyhound was killed whilst walking, on a leash and on the pavement, by a careless driver. I warn them about drunken gangs looking for fights. One's already had an awful experience with that. I warn them about remaining calm when they cycle through London and some pilock who doesn't like cyclists tries to run them off the road. Two of my sons have had that happen to them. I warn them about not carrying their wallets in their back pocket or purse in a backpack.

Whilst my kids know to stay away from and report suspicious packages, the last thing on my mind when they go out is terrorists getting to them. I refuse to make them suspicious of everyone because the chances of them getting killed by a car, a driver with road rage or a drunken thug is far higher than being killed by a terrorist.
Old 18-09-2017, 02:48 PM #111

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

The really important things and the things that are far more likely to be a danger to them then TS, and the things that will be of real use to them in everyday life in the UK. You sound like a great parent.

Imagine bringing your kids up with an unrealistic, exaggerated and obsessive fear of terrorism and to fear people who aren't like you. Just sad.

Last edited by JTM45; 18-09-2017 at 02:51 PM.
Old 18-09-2017, 03:37 PM #112
User banned

User banned

Quote:
So we should follow their example then ? We (the West) have had a lot to do with prolonging, agitating and even causing many of the problems in those countries.

The people of Britain, on the whole, are good people and i'd prefer it to stay that way and not get all ignorant, ill-willed and right-wing.
Many of the ill-willed left wing are more right wing than the right wing.
Old 18-09-2017, 03:38 PM #113

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Wow!!!! And what exactly would you class 'waterboarding' as then ? It's ****ing TORTURE!!!!

Yeah, torture got lots of information during the Iraq debacle at the Black Sites, the vast majority of it false. People will say anything to stop being tortured (especially the innocent ones detained in error).........mad isn't it.
With an attitude like that let's hope you find yourself on the receiving end of torture one day so you can appreciate what a truly sub-human, barbaric thing it is. Have you not heard of the Geneva Convention ? Maybe you should look at the work Amnesty International do in support of Human Rights throughout the World. Educate yourself a bit why don't you.

I think these are probably your most ridiculous posts yet. You're the sort of person that decent, caring people are ashamed of.

How can we 'claim' to be more humain in the West if we resort to the same tactics as ''the terrorists'' ? Makes you as bad as them..........imo.
**** them...they are lower than pedos in my book...at least pedos can claim illness..torture the **** out the scumbag...he wanted to burn a tube carraige passengers to death.....you sympathise all you want...whilst more planning goes on....me and mi5 will thank those men who gather the info that saves lives of british citizens whilst you cry into your wine glass about the poor wittle tewowists.

Last edited by parmnion; 18-09-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 18-09-2017, 03:42 PM #114
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post

I tell you what I warn my kids about. I warn them about speeding drivers and the inconsiderate bastards who drive whilst using their mobile phones. Only yesterday my friends little Italian Greyhound was killed whilst walking, on a leash and on the pavement, by a careless driver. I warn them about drunken gangs looking for fights. One's already had an awful experience with that. I warn them about remaining calm when they cycle through London and some pilock who doesn't like cyclists tries to run them off the road. Two of my sons have had that happen to them. I warn them about not carrying their wallets in their back pocket or purse in a backpack.

Whilst my kids know to stay away from and report suspicious packages, the last thing on my mind when they go out is terrorists getting to them. I refuse to make them suspicious of everyone because the chances of them getting killed by a car, a driver with road rage or a drunken thug is far higher than being killed by a terrorist.
Lets just accept adding another risk to the list then. In for a penny in for a pound. Tell that to the families of the thousands across Europe you have lost loved ones to Islamic terrorists.

Sounds to me that you make them suspicious of a lot of things. Everything but the biggest menace to our country in decades - Islamic terrorists. Each to their own.
Old 18-09-2017, 03:54 PM #115
User banned

User banned

Quote:
The really important things and the things that are far more likely to be a danger to them then TS, and the things that will be of real use to them in everyday life in the UK. You sound like a great parent.

Imagine bringing your kids up with an unrealistic, exaggerated and obsessive fear of terrorism and to fear people who aren't like you. Just sad.
You missed the point entirely and as usual put words in people's mouths to present your interpretation of their words as fact.

You may see the loss of British lives in Britain at the hands of Islamic terrorists as 'collateral damage' I don't. I see it as something that can be reduced if we are more careful about who we let into our country.

That does not mean 'whites only' your implied words, not mine - but people whose backgrounds can be checked and verified as posing no significant risk to our people. People who have skills to offer to our country to help make it prosper. Not anybody who forces their way into our country under false pretences.
Old 18-09-2017, 04:22 PM #116

Quote:
Lets just accept adding another risk to the list then. In for a penny in for a pound. Tell that to the families of the thousands across Europe you have lost loved ones to Islamic terrorists.

Sounds to me that you make them suspicious of a lot of things. Everything but the biggest menace to our country in decades - Islamic terrorists. Each to their own.
So warning your kids about the danger of speeding cars and rowdy drunks is to make them suspicious...REALLY? Was that a last-ditch attempt to have the last word? You know the other thing I did? I told my kids to watch out for lurking men around playgrounds and I showed them how to cross the road and the dangers of not looking left, right and left again. I had no idea that in some peoples eyes, that made me a bad parent!

I'm bored of you now... so I'll leave you to have that last word.
Old 18-09-2017, 04:24 PM #117
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:

"I refuse to make them suspicious of everyone "

"because the chances of them getting killed by a car, a driver with road rage or a drunken thug"

so basically watch out for everyone everyone

Old 18-09-2017, 08:46 PM #118
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
What the **** are you on about ? Where did i say that ? Where did i even mention anything about immigrants ? Oh no, that's right.....I Didn't. Just you using your corkscrew 'logic' again to twist someone's point. Nothing new there then.

I would like to think that i treat my fellow human beings as humanely as is possible and i will always help a person if i possibly can, regardless of who they are, whether i know them, where they're from or what Nationality they are, but ''seeking approval'' is the last thing on my mind. It's just the right thing to do, imo, unlike torturing people.
You're the only one who's mentioned ''seeking approval'' so that's obviously the way you think but please don't tar me with the same brush. That's not what i'm about. I've never sought, expected or wanted ''approval'' for anything i've done in my life.
Check out post 99 of this thread where you said to Oliver "Lets hope that you find yourself on the receiving end of torture one day"
Old 18-09-2017, 09:31 PM #119
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
"I refuse to make them suspicious of everyone "

"because the chances of them getting killed by a car, a driver with road rage or a drunken thug"

so basically watch out for everyone everyone

it aways happens to you,or your friends doesn't it DM, I have walked my dog for the last 10 years in London, never an issue with a driver on the pavement, funny that you would tell your kids to watch out for speeding cars on the pavement but not possibly being killed in a fireball on the tube

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 18-09-2017 at 09:35 PM.
Old 18-09-2017, 09:36 PM #120
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:

No just realistic..

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 18-09-2017, 10:06 PM #121

Quote:

it aways happens to you,or your friends doesn't it DM, I have walked my dog for the last 10 years in London, never an issue with a driver on the pavement, funny that you would tell your kids to watch out for speeding cars on the pavement but not possibly being killed in a fireball on the tube
Go and have a word with yourself woman. What you are doing here is quite blatantly accusing me of lying. Un****ing believable.
Old 18-09-2017, 10:12 PM #122

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Check out post 99 of this thread where you said to Oliver "Lets hope that you find yourself on the receiving end of torture one day"
It was relevant in the context which i posted it. Do you really believe that i'd like anyone to be tortured (which you'd know that i clearly wouldn't if you'd have taken any notice of the rest of the post and the other posts posted 'in context' with it.) ?

But hey..........if plucking one small bit out of my post and quoting it out of context makes you feel like you're making an actual point and being somewhat relevant to the topic then who am i to stop you. Anyone with half a brain can see it for what it is.
If i could be bothered and i wanted to be a petty desperado i could go and take parts of sentences from your posts and post them out of context but it's not even necessary. You do the job yourself. I wouldn't even have to take stuff out of context with your posts.

Last edited by JTM45; 18-09-2017 at 10:35 PM.
Old 18-09-2017, 10:28 PM #123

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No just realistic..
If you look at the evidence and statistics then it clearly isn't ''realistic''.

Quote:

Why wouldn't you want to warn your kids about the thing that's thousands of times more likely to be a serious danger to them ? In 2015 over 25,000 people were killed or seriously injured in road accidents. Between 2010 and 2017 49 people died as a result of terrorism.
Terrorist deaths in the UK have been lower in recent years then they were all through the 70's and 80's.

Last edited by JTM45; 18-09-2017 at 10:31 PM.
Old 18-09-2017, 10:33 PM #124
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
It was relevant in the context which i posted it. Do you really believe that i'd like anyone to be tortured (which you'd know that i clearly wouldn't if you'd have taken any notice of the rest of the post and the other posts posted 'in context' with it.)

But hey..........if plucking one small bit out of my post and qouting it out of context makes you feel like you're making an actual point and being somewhat relevant to the topic then who am i to stop you. Anyone with half a brain can see it for what it is.
If i could be bothered and i wanted to be a petty desperado i could go and take parts of sentences from your posts and post them out of context but it's not even necessary. You do the job yourself. I wouldn't even have to take stuff out of context with your posts.
You got busted.
Old 18-09-2017, 10:42 PM #125

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
You got busted.
How exactly ?

You, yet again, made yourself look petty and ridiculous and had your lazy attempt at a dig squashed and its me who got ''busted'' ? Alternative reality ?
How can i even compete with such a superior intellect ?

Last edited by JTM45; 18-09-2017 at 10:43 PM.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
critical, level, raised, terror, threat, uk