Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:09 AM #26
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Whilst I have sympathy for any genuine ‘victims’ I would hope they would take some satisfaction from the fact that he is now gone and can no longer hurt anyone else. They have raised a question mark over him that will never disappear and I think it should be left at that.
If the victims are genuine, there's no need for the 'airquotes'.

But yeah, I do question what can be achieved by waiting until the accused is dead before pointing the finger.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:50 AM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
Why would any outsider want to re-use your post Arista?

Madame DR
they have before

These Naughty people
need Smacking

Young Scott is with me on that..............................
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:52 AM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Madame DR
they have before

These Naughty people
need Smacking

Young Scott is with me on that..............................
I hope it was a post of substance
Old 07-10-2017, 12:06 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
If the victims are genuine, there's no need for the 'airquotes'.

But yeah, I do question what can be achieved by waiting until the accused is dead before pointing the finger.
But did they wait? We know accusations were made against Savile prior to his death but were pushed under the carpet. We know of at least one incident with Heath and a missing child that was also pushed under the rug.

Savile and Heath were close. In fact it was Heath who fixed it for Savile to get an OBE. Both had close connections in Jersey. Savile was known to bring along boys from children's home on the island to Heath's boat and we know this to be fact. This doesn't make Heath guilty of pedophilia but it closely relates him to an infamous pedophile.

Children regularly went missing from these children's homes and in 2008 police started digging for bodies at Haut de la Garenne. We know that abuse was rife in this home but it was also one of the homes Saville was known to frequent and its also the home where children were taken for day trips on Heath's yacht.

In 1970 Jersey senator Ralph Vibert and Linda Corby reported a missing boy after a group of boys had been on a trip on Heath's boat but police were told by someone from above not to investigate.

We also know that Heath and Savile had close connections with Peter Jaconelli (The Scarborough Mayor) who was charged with sexual assault on underage boys.

The connection between Savile and Heath is suspicious. Heath may be innocent but if he's not, his victims deserve this investigation to continue.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:06 PM #30
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Calling someone a paedophile on a public site without proof is very silly thing to do, you and this site could be sued for libel.

Have high profile people been convicted?, yes
Have high profile people been accused by people and had their names cleared?yes.

Any one can make an accusation!

A friend of mine was caused of rape, he is a small blonde guy who was arrested finger
Prints taken dna taken put in a cell and interviewed several times, ctv came back from the club, in wich it showed the accuser leaving with a well built black ma.

He was put thru hell for the word of a liar, they are now trying to prosecute her.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:17 PM #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Calling someone a paedophile on a public site without proof is very silly thing to do, you and this site could be sued for libel.

Have high profile people been accused by people and had their names cleared?yes.

A friend of mine was caused of rape, he is a small blonde guy who was arrested finger
Prints taken dna taken put in a cell and interviewed several times, ctv came back from the club, in wich it showed the accuser leaving with a well built black ma.

He was put thru hell for the word of a liar, they are now trying to prosecute her.
We know Saville was a pedophile. Who is calling Heath one outright?
As for suing. Whoever it is who wants to sue would have to sue thousands of sites and hundreds and thousands of people! Try reading the comments section in every British newspaper that has one. Are those papers going to be sued? are the people making comments going to be hunted down and sued?

We are allowed to state our view/suspicions you know and we are allowed to put forward facts, which is what I did in my former post.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:23 PM #32
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:

Thing is, once someone is dead, people can say whatever they like about them. There is no libel etc applicable to a person once dead. That's why they are an easy target for this type of stuff.

I'm not saying Heath was innocent, I'm not saying he is guilty, but I would like to think there was strong evidence like there was with Saville before fingers are pointed, and so far, all i've seen is that there have been enough mutterings that the police would have questioned him if he were still alive. That doesn't imply any form of guilt whatsoever
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:37 PM #33
-

-

Quote:
The accusations are in mainstream media and all anyone on here has done is suggest that they might well be true, no one has stated as fact that the allegations are true. No one has said "He was definitely a paedophile".

Stop trying to shut down discussions you happen not to like with bull**** about legality to scare people out of commenting. If you have a counter-point to make, do so without the empty threats.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 07-10-2017 at 01:37 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:37 PM #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
The accusations are in mainstream media and all anyone on here has done is suggest that they might well be true, no one has stated as fact that the allegations are true. No one has said "He was definitely a paedophile".

Stop trying to shut down discussions you happen not to like with bull**** about legality to scare people out of commenting. If you have a counter-point to make, do so without the empty threats.
YES TS
but TOM WATSON, LABOUR FOOL MP
- STOP BURNING UP NHS CASH on it

Never ever get arista angry
TW..........
Old 08-10-2017, 09:41 AM #35
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

I agree, there appears to have been a degree of protection around this man as there was for savile due to his connections, status and money.
However the people that have come forward deserve to be taken seriously by the police, the tory mantra of 'if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear' is very apt.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:44 AM #36
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I agree, there appears to have been a degree of protection around this man as there was for savile due to his connections, status and money.
However the people that have come forward deserve to be taken seriously by the police, the tory mantra of 'if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear' is very apt.
Of course there's protection around it, as I said this / Savile is the absolute tip of the iceberg and it will simply never all come out... because frankly people just don't want it to. It upsets their view of the world / authority / order.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 08-10-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:57 AM #37
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Good point there is a deep rooted class system that prevents anyone considered part of the elite being guilty of such crimes, surely that is a disease of the uneducated and unwashed?
Should the establishment be rocked by an expose I don't quite know how it would be received by the public, out and out denial most likely to save their rose coloured British view.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:28 AM #38
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Of course there's protection around it, as I said this / Savile is the absolute tip of the iceberg and it will simply never all come out... because frankly people just don't want it to. It upsets their view of the world / authority / order.
That may or may not be true but some choose to believe in such ‘class protection’ without any actual evidence, to fit in with their own left wing beliefs that the majority of haves have to be corrupt and all the have nots are simply victims who have played no part in their situations. :snore:
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:30 AM #39
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Good point there is a deep rooted class system that prevents anyone considered part of the elite being guilty of such crimes, surely that is a disease of the uneducated and unwashed?
Should the establishment be rocked by an expose I don't quite know how it would be received by the public, out and out denial most likely to save their rose coloured British view.
Aren’t a lot of the have nots ‘uneducated and unwashed’. Shows what you really think of them.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:39 AM #40
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

1 or a couple of allegations can be written off as nonsense. This many... hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:20 PM #41
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
i just dont think thats true at all. There is momentum and a will to bring people to justice, and to root out the problem. The world changed when the investigation into Saville happened, and it opened up many new areas for investigation.

Whatever people think of Heath (I'm old enough to remember him, and my opinion was not great), he is dead, if he did children harm, he can't now. We should be focussing efforts on eliminating the possibility of it happening again. and never allow people to hide behind protective barriers of status whether that be wealth, race, religion or anything else. When we get that, those long since guilty and dead can continue to rot
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:08 PM #42
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Cliff Richard had twelve accusers.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:26 PM #43

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Cliff Richard had twelve accusers.
But cliff knows way too much.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:35 PM #44
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Yup, the connections to Saville as well don't look good either. Too many things regarding him connects to other events and circumstances related to other peadophiles.

I suppose the investigations will tell us either way but I'm willing to bet it will confirm what's already been said.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:05 AM #45

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Another dead one being investigated today..cyril smith....kitty will be sweating.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:20 AM #46
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:

You clearly think I take these news stories personally, I don't,
If the family of ted heath wanted to take people to court regardless of were else its written they could.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:48 AM #47
-

-

Quote:
You clearly think I take these news stories personally, I don't,
If the family of ted heath wanted to take people to court regardless of were else its written they could.
"Forget The Sun, forget The Mail, who gives a stuff about the dozens of online tabloids reporting this, I have one goal and one goal only; I'm going to sue members of an obscure forum about a defunct TV show."

Old 10-10-2017, 01:09 AM #48

tHIS thREAD GETS ME angry

TOM WATSON :LABOUR MP
STOP BURNUIBNG OUR NHS MONEY on this
Old 10-10-2017, 01:14 PM #49

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

It's quite shocking how many of these cases have come out of the woodwork. I haven't the seen any if the evidence and can't really comment on whether he was guilty or not but there certainly seems to be some guilt with regard to covering up all these accusations which have come to light with Saville. I hope we are moving towards listening to those who come forward.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
heath, paedophile, ted