Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 15-10-2017, 02:33 PM #26
Banned

Banned

As the stats have shown, genuine cases of false claims like this one are quite rare. I'm glad she got convicted but I hate how stories like this can have the opposite effect and make people less likely to seek justice for rape for fear of being accused of lying.
Old 15-10-2017, 02:59 PM #27
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
ONLY 5.7% of accusations lead to convictions out of around 200,000 accusations a year
That means 94.3% do not have enough evidence or are simply lies ? 94.3% of 200,000 is 188000 allegations with no evidence
188000? The whole business of victim mentality and fake accusations is a particularly feminine issue. Men have massively lower rates of false allegations.
As reported 8% in the usa in a year were proven false which is over 50,000 per annum known liars
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_accusation_of_rape

https://rapecrisis.org.uk/statistics.php

now before the false outrage begind, rape is disgusting rapists are vile and should be locked away for a very long time. we all agree on that. But false alelgations are also vile and disgusting and under reported. The fact 8% are proven liars destroying 50,000 lives a year is a massive issue which destroys everything. the innocents lives and their families. It waste billions of tax payers money across the usa the uk and around the western world. It destroys confidence in rape claimants. The sheer enormity of numbers of women making fake false ro vastly exaggerated accusations is extraordinary, especially in the case of famous men where often they seek attention and money.
It is clearly an epidemic and both sides must be reported before this bankrupts our police service and destroys more innocent men and their families and also destroys the chances of real rape victims chances of getting justice
Not having enough evidence does not mean the woman lied. But of course you would think it does.

Where does this 8% figure come from? I already asked this as I could not find it.

Its not as much of an epidemic as the amount of males who rape and sexually assault, yet for some odd reason I don't see you getting all worked up about that?

You focus on men getting their families and lives destroyed, yet I see nothing about how a male raping someone (male or female) also destroys lives.

You also seem to assume, that those done for rape, are always done for raping women. This is not the case at all.

https://qz.com/980766/the-truth-abou...e-accusations/

Quote:
Let’s start with the idea that false rape accusations ruin lives, and are therefore a universal risk to men. Generally, feminists dismiss this idea by arguing that false accusations are rare—only between 2% and 10% of all reports are estimated to be false. What’s equally important to know, however, is that false rape accusations almost never have serious consequences.

It’s exceedingly rare for a false rape allegation to end in prison time. This may be hard to believe, especially considering that rape is a felony, punishable with years of prison. However—to start with this worst-case scenario—it’s exceedingly rare for a false rape allegation to end in prison time. According to the National Registry of Exonerations, since records began in 1989, in the US there are only 52 cases where men convicted of sexual assault were exonerated because it turned out they were falsely accused. By way of comparison, in the same period, there are 790 cases in which people were exonerated for murder.
Quote:
Furthermore, in the most detailed study ever conducted of sexual assault reports to police, undertaken for the British Home Office in the early 2000s, out of 216 complaints that were classified as false, only 126 had even gotten to the stage where the accuser lodged a formal complaint. Only 39 complainants named a suspect. Only six cases led to an arrest, and only two led to charges being brought before they were ultimately deemed false. (Here, as elsewhere, it has to be assumed that some unknown percentage of the cases classified as false actually involved real rapes; what they don’t involve is countless innocent men’s lives being ruined.)

So the evidence suggests that even in the rare case where a man is the subject of a false rape complaint, chances are that the charges will be dropped without him ever learning about the allegations. This raises an obvious question: Why would false accusers go through the trouble of making a report to police, only to instantly withdraw it?
I hope this makes you feel better about those 'thousands' of innocent male lives being ruined truth. Maybe now we can focus anger at the thousands of males who DO actually rape other people (again, male and female)

Its actually interesting, that there are more false murder charges, than false sexual assault charges...52 cases in nearly 30 years where a male was falsely imprisoned for rape. Versus 709 people ion the same time that were falsely imprisoned for murder.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 15-10-2017 at 03:05 PM.
Old 15-10-2017, 03:08 PM #28
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Not having enough evidence does not mean the woman lied. But of course you would think it does.

Where does this 8% figure come from? I already asked this as I could not find it.

Its not as much of an epidemic as the amount of males who rape and sexually assault, yet for some odd reason I don't see you getting all worked up about that?

You focus on men getting their families and lives destroyed, yet I see nothing about how a male raping someone (male or female) also destroys lives.

You also seem to assume, that those done for rape, are always done for raping women. This is not the case at all.

I hope this makes you feel better about those 'thousands' of innocent male lives being ruined truth. Maybe now we can focus anger at the thousands of males who DO actually rape other people (again, male and female)

Its actually interesting, that there are more false murder charges, than false sexual assault charges...52 cases in nearly 30 years where a male was falsely imprisoned for rape. Versus 709 people ion the same time that were falsely imprisoned for murder.
Ive given you this twice already

in the United States, the FBI Uniform Crime Report in 1996 and the United States Department of Justice in 1997 reported that 8% of accusations for forcible rape had been through investigation determined to be false

8% to be known false cases is a staggering amount, tens of thousands of innocent people and their families destroyed by lies and gossip
Old 15-10-2017, 03:09 PM #29
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
As the stats have shown, genuine cases of false claims like this one are quite rare. I'm glad she got convicted but I hate how stories like this can have the opposite effect and make people less likely to seek justice for rape for fear of being accused of lying.
That is simply untrue
Old 15-10-2017, 03:12 PM #30
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Ive given you this twice already

in the United States, the FBI Uniform Crime Report in 1996 and the United States Department of Justice in 1997 reported that 8% of accusations for forcible rape had been through investigation determined to be false

8% to be known false cases is a staggering amount, tens of thousands of innocent people and their families destroyed by lies and gossip
Ah right Wikipedia. Sorry :S

Apparently false claims are estimated at between 2 and 10% so I am willing to take your 8%

Are you willing to read the link I posted, about how only 52 men, since 1989, were imprisoned for false accusations of sexual assault (accusers both male and female)

Or are you just going to continue saying that thousands of innocent male lives are ruined, when all evidence shows this is not the case?

Quote:
That is simply untrue
They are astonishingly rare. Especially to get to a court room with a false allegation. And especially compared to the number of men who do actually rape (again, these men rape both men and women)

2 false cases a year make it to the court stage. And even with these 2 cases, its not to be assumed that the person complaining (does not state if male or female, could be either) was actually raped and just accused the wrong person.

But yeah, 2 cases a year. Not exactly the epidemic that you claim. 6 a year arrested, is not an epidemic either (though obviously it would be best if they were not arrested if they did not commit a crime...but all crimes a few people will get accused when they did not do it). Compared to the thousands upon thousands of males that DID rape. But the few false claims are apparently the epidemic, not male violence.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 15-10-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 15-10-2017, 03:15 PM #31

Quote:
Rape with an object comes under 'sexual assault by penetration' and the sentences are the same as they are for rape. Infact rape with an object is much more likely to result in a conviction, as the person who did it can't really claim that it was consensual and lie their ass off as noone would consent to, for example, a broken bottle shoved into their anus.

If someone is prosecuted for rape, they are a male. No doubt about it. Given how our laws work. Which is why its so annoying to see the endless stories in the press about 'woman prosecuted for rape' when one look at the photo tells you its a bloke who dresses up as a woman. Or just a bloke who has told people he is a woman and its been reported as that on nothing.
Bloody hell. I knew law was one hell of a dense subject but my god I can't keep track.
Old 15-10-2017, 03:16 PM #32
User banned

User banned

Quote:

what you are saying here is also untrue and ignores the FACT 94% of rape accusations are chucked out for little or no evidence or siimply proven to be lies delusions or made up. 94% is a staggering figure which is of 188,000 innocent men falsely accused per year , their lives destryed by lies and gossip. 188,000 per year in the UK alone. Now you choose to ignore that as you choose to look at this purely from the female perspective which is cold and cruel and simply dishonest. Yes out of the 188000 thrown out I am certan there are thousands who are guilty but there isnt enough evidence. but in a civilies society you must have evidence and it must go through the courts otherwise what do we have? anarchy? trial by gossip ? trial by media by twitter? by facebook? a kangaroo court when men get beaten up or killed or gossip spread by false accusers?

how would you feel if you or your loved ones were falsely accused your reputations and lives destroyed by a woman who simply lied? exaggerated? maybe through revenge or delusions or mental health issues etc etc etc
The other side of this is NOT being fully reported in this dumbed down black or white politically correct radically feminized culture
Old 15-10-2017, 03:21 PM #33
0_o

0_o

Quote:
what you are saying here is also untrue and ignores the FACT 94% of rape accusations are chucked out for little or no evidence or siimply proven to be lies delusions or made up. 94% is a staggering figure which is of 188,000 innocent men falsely accused per year , their lives destryed by lies and gossip. 188,000 per year in the UK alone. Now you choose to ignore that as you choose to look at this purely from the female perspective which is cold and cruel and simply dishonest. Yes out of the 188000 thrown out I am certan there are thousands who are guilty but there isnt enough evidence. but in a civilies society you must have evidence and it must go through the courts otherwise what do we have? anarchy? trial by gossip ? trial by media by twitter? by facebook? a kangaroo court when men get beaten up or killed or gossip spread by false accusers?

how would you feel if you or your loved ones were falsely accused your reputations and lives destroyed by a woman who simply lied? exaggerated? maybe through revenge or delusions or mental health issues etc etc etc
The other side of this is NOT being fully reported in this dumbed down black or white politically correct radically feminized culture
Thats a no then. A no to looking at proven evidence. Great and unsurprising.

Again, not enough evidence does not mean that the allegation was false. And if something was proven to be lies/delusion the accuser would be prosecuted.

I just refuse to believe the ridiculous rape myths that claim that women who just regret having sex will 'cry rape', given they would be subjecting themselves to internal exams, very personal questions and likely their entire sexual history being dragged up in court as some kind of defense, because of course if a woman has had sex in the past that means that she is always available for sex. Someone who regretted having sex would just want to forget all about it, not drag it out for months and months and let the world know about it.

Again, you say 94% are chucked out with no evidence which means the person made it up and it was proven. If this is the case, why are more people not done for wasting police time? 109 women in 5 years were done for this as their claims were proven false. Do you really think that the court, the police and such just 'let them off' in false claims? They seem to take them very seriously given ALL women who were done for this were prosecuted. Infact, being proven to have a false claim seems to be taken even more seriously than actually raping someone.

Any woman who lies about this is an utter twat and deserves a long sentence. But I also think the same of men who do rape, of which there are thousands more of them.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 15-10-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Old 15-10-2017, 03:22 PM #34

False allegations are under reported?

What does that even mean?
Old 15-10-2017, 03:23 PM #35
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Liars come in both sexes.
Old 15-10-2017, 03:27 PM #36
User banned

User banned

Quote:

Again, not enough evidence does not mean that the allegation was false. And if something was proven to be lies/delusion the accuser would be prosecuted.

I just refuse to believe the ridiculous rape myths that claim that women who just regret having sex will 'cry rape', given they would be subjecting themselves to internal exams, very personal questions and likely their entire sexual history being dragged up in court as some kind of defense, because of course if a woman has had sex in the past that means that she is always available for sex. Someone who regretted having sex would just want to forget all about it, not drag it out for months and months and let the world know about it.

Again, you say 94% are chucked out with no evidence which means the person made it up and it was proven. If this is the case, why are more people not done for wasting police time? 109 women in 5 years were done for this as their claims were proven false. Do you really think that the court, the police and such just 'let them off' in false claims? They seem to take them very seriously given ALL women who were done for this were prosecuted. Infact, being proven to have a false claim seems to be taken even more seriously than actually raping someone.

Any woman who lies about this is an utter twat and deserves a long sentence. But I also think the same of men who do rape, of which there are thousands more of them.
Not to mention this is not the 1950s - why would a woman be concerned about regretting having sex to the point she made a false allegation. There is no shame in women making such mistakes any more. If you have regrets you just move on. What’s done is done.
Old 15-10-2017, 03:28 PM #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Liars come in both sexes.
Obviously. But the figures when it comes to specifically lying about rape speak for themselves.
Old 15-10-2017, 03:28 PM #38
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Was once sat in court at the back, were can be a member of the public, and a man faced a charge of putting his hand in a woman's vagina
Old 15-10-2017, 03:29 PM #39
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Not to mention this is not the 1950s - why would a woman be concerned about regretting having sex to the point she made a false allegation. There is no shame in women making such mistakes any more. If you have regrets you just move on. What’s done is done.
Exactly. Its just a ridiculous myth that some like to spread around as if its fact.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/d...eport-2017.pdf

Some good reading for anyone interested. It seems for violence (including sexual violence) against women and girls...the prosecution rate is improving. About ****ing time. 6% of rape cases being prosecuted is ridiculous, though I understand if its a 'he said she said' case then it should not really be in court. Luckily, it usually isn't and cases that get to court tend to have significant evidence behind them.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 15-10-2017, 03:30 PM #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
This tbh. I'd imaging the only people who lie about something like this are the people who have specific vendettas against the people they accuse.

Rather than just regretting a one night stand.
Old 15-10-2017, 03:31 PM #41
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Obviously. But the figures when it comes to specifically lying about rape speak for themselves.
Yes, many many more males lie about raping, than people lie about being raped. Males are raped too so they can be included in the 'accusers' stats. I doubt many males lie about being raped either, probably about the same amount as females who lie. All in all, many more males lie about rape than anyone else.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 15-10-2017, 03:31 PM #42
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
We don't know the true figures, I said in another thread a friend was falsely accused of rape, you can get paid thousands if your are a victim of crime
Old 15-10-2017, 03:32 PM #43

Is that 6% of rape cases that make it to court result in a prosecution or 6% of reports lead to a conviction?
Old 15-10-2017, 03:32 PM #44
User banned

User banned

Quote:

Its a yes I have provided you proof and evidence and links but you like to ignore proof evidence you prefer to listen to listen and believe and spread unsubstantiated vile gossip
Old 15-10-2017, 03:33 PM #45

Quote:
We don't know the true figures, I said in another thread a friend was falsely accused of rape, you can get paid thousands if your are a victim of crime
Meaning?
Old 15-10-2017, 03:33 PM #46
0_o

0_o

Quote:
This tbh. I'd imaging the only people who lie about something like this are the people who have specific vendettas against the people they accuse.

Rather than just regretting a one night stand.
Most false claims are actually made by someone other than the person who was 'raped'. For example parents reporting rape if their teen has been caught having sex.

The rest seem to be mainly mentally ill people. Along with a few who do it for monetary gain (as apparently being victim of a crime you can get compo)

Though even with this, the numbers who lie are very small. They should not exist at all, but there are false claims in all areas of law. When someone claims they were burgled, and it turns out it was false, there is not cries of 'this will stop genuine victims coming forward'. Same if someone lies that they were attacked in the street. Why is it so different with rape?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 15-10-2017, 03:35 PM #47
0_o

0_o

Quote:
We do, as the police have given them
Quote:
Is that 6% of rape cases that make it to court result in a prosecution or 6% of reports lead to a conviction?
I think its 6% of reports that lead to a conviction.Not sure how many make it to court.

Quote:
Its a yes I have provided you proof and evidence and links but you like to ignore proof evidence you prefer to listen to listen and believe and spread unsubstantiated vile gossip
You have not provided me with proof at all? You gave me a wikipedia link, which can be edited by anyone but I already said I am willing to believe it?

How the hell am I spreading unsubstantiated vile gossip...my links have been from the bloody police themselves, or reports containing the police evidence Are you saying you believe the police are also in on this 'epidemic' and are hiding the true figures as they are vile feminists?

Again WHY no anger at the thousands upon thousands of males who have been convicted of rape? Why focus on the small number of females (and males) who lie about rape?
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 15-10-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Old 15-10-2017, 03:40 PM #48
User banned

User banned

Quote:

I think its 6% of reports that lead to a conviction.Not sure how many make it to court.

You have not provided me with proof at all? You gave me a wikipedia link, which can be edited by anyone but I already said I am willing to believe it?

How the hell am I spreading unsubstantiated vile gossip...my links have been from the bloody police themselves, or reports containing the police evidence Are you saying you believe the police are also in on this 'epidemic' and are hiding the true figures as they are vile feminists?

Again WHY no anger at the thousands upon thousands of males who have been convicted of rape? Why focus on the small number of females (and males) who lie about rape?
I have provided anger at the vile male rapists and I have provided evidence on both sides. you choose to ignore the 188000 cases thrown out and the thousands of false allegations because of your bias and lack of empathy compassion for these 100s of thousands of falsely accused male victims across the western world
The bias against men is in your head sadly and you choose to ignore the evidence of 100s of thousands of false or massively exaggerated allegations made by dishonest or vindictive or in some cases mentally disturbed women
Unlike you I have empathy for all victims, regardless of gender or gender bias, empathy for victims of rape and victims of false allegations of rape.

Last edited by the truth; 15-10-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 15-10-2017, 03:41 PM #49
0_o

0_o

Quote:
I have provided anger at the vile male rapists and I have provided evidence on both sides. you choose to ignore the 188000 cases thrown out and the thousands of false allegations because of your bias
Which does not mean it was a false claim.

There are not thousands of false allegations. This is all in your head.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 15-10-2017, 03:41 PM #50
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:

What the police say don't mean a lot to me, like cases that get dropped as people change their minds
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
10, allegations, false, jailed, rape, women, years