Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 15-10-2016, 12:18 AM #1

Default The Exorcist TV series on Syfy - 9:00 PM - Wednesday 19th October

I've been getting press releases for this series which starts on Syfy on 19th October

Quote:
SYFY UNLEASHES THE EXORCIST IN UK PREMIERE THIS AUTUMN

10-PART SERIES STARS GEENA DAVIS, ALAN RUCK, ALFONSO HERRERA AND BEN DANIELS

This 10-episode television series is not a remake of the 1973 film, but a new chapter which takes place in Chicago, 40 years after the events depicted in the film. THE EXORCIST stars Academy Award® and Golden Globe®-winner Geena Davis (The Fly, Beetlejuice, Thelma & Louise), Alan Ruck (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Ghost Town, Twister), Ben Daniels (Law & Order UK, House of Cards), Alfonso Herrera (Sense8, The Chosen), Brianne Howey (Scream Queens) Hannah Kasulka (The Fosters) and Kurt Eqyiawan (Beasts of No Nation).

The series is executive produced by Jeremy Slater, Emmy® Award nominee Rolin Jones (Friday Night Lights, Weeds), Rupert Wyatt, Roy Lee (Hidden, Run All Night), James Robinson (Dream House), David Robinson (Dream House, The Good Shepherd) and Barbara Wall (Boss).

THE EXORCIST is a psychological thriller following two very different priests tackling one family’s case of horrifying demonic possession. Father Tomas Ortega (Alfonso Herrera) is the new face of the Catholic Church; progressive, ambitious and compassionate.

He runs a small but loyal parish in the suburbs of Chicago. He has no idea that his quiet life is about to change forever. Meanwhile, another priest finds himself locked in a life-and-death struggle with evil. Father Marcus Brennan (Ben Daniels) is a modern-day Templar Knight, an orphan raised since childhood by the Vatican to wage war against its enemies.

Father Marcus is everything Father Tomas is not; relentless, abrasive and utterly consumed by his sacred mission. Caught in the middle is the Rance family, members of Tomas’ parish. On the surface, they’re a normal, suburban family, but all is not as it seems in this household. The patriarch, Henry Rance (Alan Ruck), is slowly but surely losing his mind.

Eldest daughter Katherine (Brianne Howey) has become a recluse who refuses to leave her room. Her younger sister, Casey (Hannah Kasulka) thinks she’s hearing strange noises coming from inside the walls. And mother Angela (Geena Davis) has been plagued by recurring nightmares, each more frightening than the last. Angela believes there is something in the house, a demonic presence, growing stronger by the day.

Desperate, she begs Father Tomas for help, unwittingly setting the naïve young priest on a collision course with Father Marcus. Separately, each faces an insurmountable task, but together they become the only hope against an evil force that has been mobilising for centuries.

THE EXORCIST (10 x 60 minutes) is from Morgan Creek Productions in association with 20th Century Fox Television. THE EXORCIST is distributed by 20th Century Fox Television Distribution.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 11:56 AM #2
Namaste

Namaste

I've been thinking about watching this. Will probably give it a go sometime soon.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-10-2017, 12:30 AM #3
Namaste

Namaste

Just watched the first episode of this (a year after originally planning to ). Really liked it, creepy and set up the story nicely, really nice cinematography too. Good twist too with
Spoiler:

Casey being possessed rather than Kat as suggested
even though I'd already spoiled that for myself when researching the show

Loved the references to the movie too (Father Tomas coming across a news article about the film's events, the neck twist, Tubular Bells playing at the end).

Speaking of spoiling things for myself, I wish I wasn't already aware of the bigger twist later in the season with
Spoiler:

Angela being revealed as a grown up Regan MacNeil
but I'm sure knowing already won't affect my enjoyment of the show.

Last edited by Lostie!; 23-10-2017 at 01:03 AM.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-10-2017, 07:54 AM #4
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

maybe something to watch now for halloween

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
19th, 900, exorcist, october, pm, series, syfy, tv, wednesday