Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 20-09-2007, 09:15 AM #51

Warning issued to Kissylittlemissy for offensive posts and attacks on other members.
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 04:04 PM #52
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by spacebandit
Ok, posted it before but...

Who is this .... ??

Born of a virgin

Birthday Celebrated on December 25

His coming was announced by three kings

They followed a star in the east to his resting place

Baptised aged 12 folowing standard ritual and custom

Disappears for 18 years

Reappears at aged 30 and is baptised again

Baptiser was later decapitated

Starts his own ministry

Has 12 disciples

Perorms a Sermon on the mount

Is transfigured on the mount before his 12 disciples

Performs miracles, walks on water, raises the dead, heals the sick

Is betrayed by one of his desciples

Is crucified

after 3 days rises from the dead and ascends into heaven

Known by many names including the "Son Of God", "Son Of man" "The Truth and The Light"
"The Good Shepherd" " The Lamb Of God" "The Ressurection and The Life"

Worshippers end their prayers with "Amen"
Is this a reference to Akanatan the heretic Pharaoh? ?
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 05:01 PM #53

Quote:
Originally posted by KissyLittleMissy
Quote:
Originally posted by gracie24
I've studied so many different Philosophers ideas on life after death that they all make sense but I'm still not fully sure what I believe in.
I don't really believe in white, fluffy, angel type heaven though.

KissyLittleMissy - just because people do not believe in God, or are atheists, does not mean that they are bad people, or ignorant people. Many people find comfort in believing in God, which is probably how you've been bought up or chosen to make that decision yourself. You shouldn't take an offence to someone being an atheist as I do not get upset or offended because you believe in God. Religion is a comfort thing, such as actually beliving in life after death, that you can communicate with your loved ones once they've passed away, a lot of people couldn't even get through life if they knew that once you die you just die.
Everyone has their own personal beliefs but you shouldn't take such offence because of someone elses.
i think that atheists are just people who have lost all their faith in anything and have just closed their mind completely and thats sad and upsetting. i do take offence and you are right bout me being brought up that way and believing in God, my family is just like that way but were not religious nuts or anythin. i think there is a hereafter and our soul goes on, why not? if some want to be atheist and believe in no hereafter, thats a shame and a disgrace
Atheists or agnostics are people who are sensible enough not to be esily brainwashed by hand me down beliefs none of which can be proved one way or the other. Beliefs that could have been written by sane, insane or the genuinly deluded. Truth is none of us know the mental state of such writers. We do not know the level of intellince of such writers.

To believe in such unnown factors can be extremely dangerous and has led to societiies breeding fanatical attitudes one after the other based on someone elses writing and beliefs instead of ones own common sense.

Those with strong religious beliefs have far more closed minds than those that do not believe. Some are so fanatical in their beliefs that they think such beliefs should never be questioned. They try to stop questioning of their beliefs by claiming they are offended. No..The claim of offence is a way to try and shut people up who have a contradictory opinion.

The CLOSED mind of religion is responsible for the maniac behavour of countries addicted to religious beliefs and all the man invented control freak laws that come with their beliefs and cultures based on religious fanatisism.

As for my belief I suppose I would consider myself an agnostic. My mind is not closed neither is it subject to prehistoric writings that have no foundation of truth or common sense....One of the biggest mistakes one can make in life is to make your self gullable to others beliefs. Bottom line work things out for yourself don't steal from the minds of ancient writers who did not have at their disposal the knowledge we have today....

Believing in god brings comfort to some. Being controlled by religious cultures and institutions brings hell to many.....And in many cases war.......
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 11:10 PM #54

Quote:
Originally posted by Sticks
Quote:
Originally posted by spacebandit
Ok, posted it before but...

Who is this .... ??

Born of a virgin

Birthday Celebrated on December 25

His coming was announced by three kings

They followed a star in the east to his resting place

Baptised aged 12 folowing standard ritual and custom

Disappears for 18 years

Reappears at aged 30 and is baptised again

Baptiser was later decapitated

Starts his own ministry

Has 12 disciples

Perorms a Sermon on the mount

Is transfigured on the mount before his 12 disciples

Performs miracles, walks on water, raises the dead, heals the sick

Is betrayed by one of his desciples

Is crucified

after 3 days rises from the dead and ascends into heaven

Known by many names including the "Son Of God", "Son Of man" "The Truth and The Light"
"The Good Shepherd" " The Lamb Of God" "The Ressurection and The Life"

Worshippers end their prayers with "Amen"
Is this a reference to Akanatan the heretic Pharaoh? ?
Horus - 3500 BC

and there are many many more deity's pre-dating the Christ myth that share practically the same features and chronology
spacebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007, 05:28 AM #55
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Sorry - Akanatan was the one who tried to bring in Monotheism to ancient Egypt

I need to brush up on my Egyptology - can you recommend any good books there?

When i have time I will look up Horus on Wkki
Old 21-09-2007, 12:48 PM #56
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Retroman
KissyLittleMissy Im surprised you're not banned for such words.

You're constantly shouting beliefs at people and putting "" that smiley everywhere. Which is very immature and ironic...as you're the only one in this topic who's actually saying anything that people should be angry about.

Quote:
i said your ideas bout the bible were almost blasphemous, i just assumed from what you implied that you were atheist and a non believer and were rubbishing the bible by pointing out that it could have been written by insane people which aint nice really how could a book which has been passed down through the ages and created such a following be written by insane people, i neverccould come up with that assumption now way man
No way man? lol...you don't provide much of an argument do you. How do you know what mental state the writers of the bible were in? I never said they were insane, as ive already mentioned...I was reminding everyone that we don't know the people that wrote it, so how can we trust the writings of complete strangers?

You're placing almost all of your biblical beliefs in a book written by people you don't remotely know. That in itself is foolish, in my eyes.

Anyway, I already explained I wasn't saying the bible was written by insane people in my last post. Yet still you insist on putting sad smileys and making out Im condeming your religion yet again. Which seems like the actions of a spoilt little girl Im afraid.

Quote:
you did offend my beliefs and anybody who shares my beliefs would be horrified at what you said its awful, how could you even come up with it retroman, what are you!! i dont care if i offend you in return, i dont care who i ofend as anyone saying insanity may possibly be in the mind of writings such as those has to be aitheist, evry thing you have said tells us that, shame on you
Again with the sad smileys, it is quite clear that you're easily capable of becoming angry and frustrated, so please don't pretend you're sat there feeling upset and crying..I simply won't fall for it. Also, I never posted anything remotely offensive, I merely told you what I believe.

So please stop trying to make people feel sorry for you by trying to pass me off as some sort of blasphemous non believer.

And you should especially stop saying such things as "what are you!! how could you come up with it! I dont care if I offend you, I don't care who I offend, shame on you" etc

I haven't said anything remotely insulting, just expressed my views on life after death. Yet you're purposefully going out of your way to try and insult me [which you admitted.] Why is this? It really doesn't make sense. You're even potentially calling me insane?

What on earth is wrong with you?
You're launching a full scale attack on my opinion, without even the slightest hint of me provoking you. You have serious issues. And I suggest you stop the amateur dramatics.

Quote:
you say that insects and plants dont have the thoughts to know such things ii dont understand that either, nobody can say that as nobody is an insect/animal or plant. so if a tree gets hit by an axe and some bark falls off, the tree wont be feeling anything, nobody knows that,nobody so i wont be fooled no way
You are officially clueless.
It's scientific fact that tree's don't feel anything...they don't have a developed brain to pass signals of feeling or a nervous system. They're incapable of feeling. So get your facts straight before you argue about things you clearly know nothing about.

Quote:
i mentioned radio waves as that example was said at school when a kid spoke bout God being invisible, so our teacher used that example i am sure the technology that you mentioned can prove it
Your teacher proved nothing. Sound waves can be proven through various methods, so we know they're there. Heaven can't be proven, so they're two entirely unrelated things.

Quote:
anybody who is a true believer of God and belives the bible like i do and read what you are discussing would be a bit upset personally. i understand that, not very nice and upsetting. i am not forcing my beliefs onto you, i am just disgusted in some of what you are implying and suspecting, we can suspect that certain stories in the bible are nothing more than a made up story, but anything more than that opinion is almost blasphemy like i said it is. you are defo a nonbeliever and i am completely different and believe, so this discusuuion is going to be difficult on that basis
Most mature believers would accept my opinion. Christianity is not about condeming all non believers and telling them they need forgiveness from god like you told me. Anyone who is a half decent person doesn't take offense when someone announces they believe something different to them.

I actually can't believe you're still calling my opinion "blasphemy"
Do you even know what the word means?
You act as if I walked into a church and told everyone how wrong they are.

This topic is to express each individuals thoughts on life after death, it's not for Christians to call atheists "blasphemous"
This is nothing short of a personal attack, and id urge you to stop.

Quote:
i said that you need forgiveness as i think you do really for not understanding faith and totally ignoring the feelings of billions of believers
Excuse me?
Did I say I ignored the feelings of anyone? I think not.
I don't agree with them, but I don't go out of my way to tell them they're all wrong either.
Stop making out Im attacking the entire christian population of the planet, it's just a simple case of you going WAY overboard to try and make me look bad. Very child like behaviour if ever I saw it.

Quote:
i said that"nobody can see it because you are alive, when you die you will know and your soul will rise from your dead corpse and then you shall see, as do all the rest of us" cause its true, when you are alive we cant see our soul rise from our body and when your dead, that would be the only time youd find that out. I know that when things whch exist we have an explaniation but that is because its physiaclly there. Santa does exist, (remember children read forums) monsters like loch ness monster could have existed once but today it would be dead, perhaps one of the last remaining dinopsaurs
"Cause its true" ?
How can you say that in the middle of a debate? lol, that's just ridiculous. How do you know it's true if you've never died?
You even said in a seperate post that nobody can know what happens after death, but in this post you're telling me it's fact?

You contradict yourself.

The loch ness monster could have existed but now it's dead = God and heaven must exist? LOL
What are you talking about?

Quote:
i read your last piece and all i can say that your aitheist views cannot comprehend what true believers know as real. god is real and god is there, you must have lost all of your faith or summin? any priest or vicar or nun would understand and the billions who feel the same are blessed and i do feel blessed while you obviously feel left out
If true believers know it as real, then why don't they prove it?
If someone 100% knows something without doubt, then there's always proof. If there is no proof, then you don't know.

As for losing my faith, my whole point is that I never had any faith in the first place. Faith/belief = uncertainty. I don't base my whole life on uncertainties..which is my own personal choice. And is not an attack on christianity like you're making out for some illogical reason.

As for me feeling left out...
If I felt left out id become a christian wouldn't I?
So you clearly don't have a clue what you're typing half the time, as it never seems to make any sense.
i was banned yesterday for my rule breaking

i am sorry for my mad smileys i just have much faith in God and the bible and from what i see in this discusssion there is much about questioning whether God exists and the bible is just written by insane people and that made me mad. i wont use the angry smily much more
i know its hard to really know bout the minds of people who wrote the bible in the first place. i know that the bible could be looked at as being a bunch of stories grouped together but i believe that some are stories - false ones and most are based on fact. but if you or others wish to believe that it isnt so then i guess you have the right to air that opinion - excuse me please

im not a spoilt girl, even though i am not from a poor family and want for very litttlt, but thats just me and my brothers and sisters. my actions in this discussion are just myself feeling upset. i read it all again and i have to admit tyhat i went over the top i also read wrong your post and said that you said they were insane, i realise that you meant maybe. i wasn't trying upset you personally it was just that you brought up this "insane" possibility and revelled in it kinda = but that is how i saw it i guess? i do get upset, but i dont cry about it like you assumed

i talked about the lochness monster as it is a belief that it existed and you brought up "monsters" as an example. i only gave an example in return thats all

if billions of people believe in it, then we can only assume from that majority that it must be real. in every school there are bibles, in evry library there are bibles, in evry prison there are bibles, should I go on. nobody can prove it. like nobody can prove how the dinosaurs died even though scientists, archaeologists can come up with some idea

i felt it was your views that could be perceived as being rather blaspemous against true believers of God, like i said - you kinda revelled init. nobody can prove it, but so many believe it and so do i, but if you dont then you dont right

if you think that what i write doesnt make sense, then you wont be able to reply to it, but youi have so you must undertsand mt writings then> otherwise you couldnt comprehend one bit, ps i do have reading difficulties but i do my best, but i dont expect asny understandings from you from what i reasd from you here
KissyLittleMissy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007, 12:50 PM #57
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny_01
Warning issued to Kissylittlemissy for offensive posts and attacks on other members.
Sandra Crossitt, my sister is very sorry for her behavior and won't do it again. im her brother jack and she asked me to post replies for her, I hope I am allowed to do that. Is she due to have her warning lifted shortly?
Old 21-09-2007, 12:56 PM #58

KissyLittleMissy2 your old account should be working. You only received a warning as far as I can make out. For the first warning the ban is 24 hours. Your warning was issued at 20-9-07 at 10:14 so it should be over now.

Have you tried posting using the old account?

Red
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007, 01:08 PM #59
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Moon
KissyLittleMissy2 your old account should be working. You only received a warning as far as I can make out. For the first warning the ban is 24 hours. Your warning was issued at 20-9-07 at 10:14 so it should be over now.

Red
Yes, I tried after the date you gave - but there was a red triangular warning sign next to her picture, I shall look again. Sorry again for her behavior, she won't do it again. I own the computer, see!
Old 21-09-2007, 01:13 PM #60

Quote:
Originally posted by KissyLittleMissy2
Quote:

Red
Yes, I tried after the date you gave - but there was a red triangular warning sign next to her picture, I shall look again. Sorry again for her behavior, she won't do it again. I own the computer, see!
The warning symbol might be active for a while but the posting ban should be over and your sister should be able to post.
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007, 01:17 PM #61
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by KissyLittleMissy2
Quote:

Red
The warning symbol might be active for a while but the posting ban should be over and your sister should be able to post.
Thankyou Red moon.
Old 21-09-2007, 02:37 PM #62
Banned

Banned

I started again, as both usernames were experiencing problems.

anyway here goes my opinion,

Giving my personal opinion of things - I have always believed in god and have prayed many times in my life. My parents made us go to church, but not too often. We went once a month on a Sunday, it was like a ritual - I guess their way of telling us that we must all recognize that god is part of our lives. It was handed down from my grandparents on my mothers side - who was very religious. I remember visiting when I was 8 or 9 years old and there was pictures of jesus and mary and crosses everywhere. Sadly they have both passed away now and they live near Dover, which is miles away from Halifax, where we live.

I do understand that the bible could be one big story book, which has just been passed down through many, many generations and so many of us just believe in a book containing pure fictitious stories - but with good morals and meanings throughout. It has been read by myself a couple of times and I find it quite a hard read and not as enjoyable as my grandparents would say. They swore by every part. I feel that anyone saying bad things about god and religion may get a hostile response as they get offended. My sister got offended, but the way she handled it was rather offensive to other members here and I can only apologise on her behalf.
I think that a lot of us would like to believe that there is a heaven and that when we die we shall see saint Peter at the gates of heaven - welcoming us with open arms. I can't think of anyway of us proving that we shall ever see him or heaven or hell or god either. That can never be proven, but for most of us, we can believe in the possibility only.
Jack_Crossitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007, 11:49 PM #63

Quote:
Sorry - Akanatan was the one who tried to bring in Monotheism to ancient Egypt

I need to brush up on my Egyptology - can you recommend any good books there?

When i have time I will look up Horus on Wkki
Go here

http://www.wilsonsalmanac.com/jesus_similar.html

Interesting read
Old 21-09-2007, 11:54 PM #64

We don't know and we will probably never know so I think people should live life while they can instead of pondering over unanswerable questions like this.
Arneldo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-09-2007, 06:04 AM #65
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

While we are swapping links

Try this one
Old 22-09-2007, 06:46 AM #66
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : Arneldo
We don't know and we will probably never know so I think people should live life while they can instead of pondering over unanswerable questions like this.
Yes I said that earlier in the thread, it's a waste of time to think about it now. Same for the end of the world or the asteroids. Enjoy life !
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-09-2007, 12:01 PM #67

Quote:
While we are swapping links

Try this one
The problem with the argument presented there is that it claims Jesus, as is the JC of christianity, is a "historical figure"

The truth is there are no contemporaneous accounts of Jesus Christ - which is baffling if he existed. as the Romans were prodigious scribes, as were the Greeks - yet not one single reference to the "King Of The Jews" who was executed and ascended to heaven in full view of the assembled plebs exists anywhere, or has even been known to exist - except in the minds of the evangelicals.
Old 22-09-2007, 01:21 PM #68
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Tacitus
Flavius Josephus
Pliny the Younger
Old 22-09-2007, 11:54 PM #69

Quote:
Tacitus
Flavius Josephus
Pliny the Younger
Tacitus 56 - 117 AD

Flavius Josephus 37 - 100 AD [sometime after, exact date unknown]

Pliny the Younger [Gaius Plinius Caecilius Secundus] 63 - 113 AD

Jesus Christ 8–2 BC - to 29–36 AD

The earliest known writings are "Pauls letters" - which are accepted to date from no earlier than 50 AD, but scholars accept more likely fall closer to 100 AD

and The Gospel Of Thomas - though no date for this writing is given any credence before 40 AD, and again scholars accept the date for this writing as anything between 40AD - 100AD, and the Jesus of Thomas is far removed from the Jesus of the NT

The Q Document has never been proven to have ever existed, and it was first theorised by herbert marsh in 1801, though Marsh was a Bishop and its existence has never gone beyond theory - current biblical scholars do not accept it with the exception of the evangelicals and the born agains, most notably in the USA

the Gospels it is generally accepted were written between 70 - 100 AD, and "standardised" at the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD

There are NO contemporaneous accounts
Old 24-09-2007, 03:42 PM #70

Quote:
Originally posted by Arneldo
okay now that's just freaky cause i said those words to my mum like an hour ago!
Kate.. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
death