Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2017, 11:54 PM #9
Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise

Lisa Scott-Lee Expert

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise

S1. Ep1. "Welcome To The Hellmouth":

In spoiler tags incase RileyH doesn't want to read before writing his opinion

Spoiler:

Even though I must've watched this episode countless of time the opening scene where Darla turns around to bite that guy still shock me for some reason (love Darla). I love the early seasons because they're so reminiscent of those 90's teen drama's but Buffy was always so much more. Joss Whedon balances horror and comedy so perfectly you'll find it hard to find another writer who does it so perfectly. Also the 90's fashion is so nostalgic I just love Buffy's first outfit when she joins Sunnydale High (crop top and red velvet skirt HELLO).

Although Xander and Willow are great characters (obviously, Scooby gang <3)
Cordelia really shines as a character more than most as she gets the best lines "It's in the bad part of town. You know, just a few block away from the good part of town". It's mad to think that Charisma auditioned for the role of Buffy and Sarah Michelle for Cordelia. I also love the introduction of the library where so many things are going to happen and the start of Buffy's relationship with Giles. Her meeting Angel in the back alley too with all that sexual tension.

I forgot how good the vampire prosthetics are, they don't look cheap or 20 years old (anyone else think that the demonic look is hot? The Master, I would bang) and the props and settings are so detailed and realistic like in The Master's layre for example.

Oh I forgot this episode was in two parts </3 To be continued... I wonder if Buffy will survive or die after one episode

Quote of the episode: "Seize the moment. Cause tomorrow, you might be dead"
- Buffy Summers

Overall, an iconic introduction to the slayer, Sunnydale, the Scooby Gang and vampires.

5/5 Stars.
Wizard. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
buffy, rewatch, riley, rileyh, slayer, slayers, thread, vampire, witch