Notices

CBB21 Celebrity Big Brother January 2018 [CBB 21] (dubbed Year of the Women). Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Courtney Act - here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2018, 11:52 PM   #101
GoldHeart
Senior Member
 
GoldHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 18,529

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 1: The Vivienne
The Circle 2019: Georgina
BB19: Akeem
IAC2018: Fleur East


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeeny View Post
i wonder would she date a trans man? not liking India at all very hypocritical and Malika was exactly right, shes a victim
India would never date a trans man that's the hypocrisy of it!!. i wish somebody asked her this and flipped the tables on her .
__________________
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:59 PM   #102
jaxie
Senior Member
 
jaxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 7,038

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke
Default

I will
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
I suppose where India’s issue lies is that by someone saying they wouldn’t date a trans person, that that person doesn’t see the trans person as an actual member of that gender, so by genuine saying he wouldn’t date her because she’s trans, he’s saying he doesn’t see her as an actual woman
India is being completely unrealistic and I think it's something a lot of people are unrealistic about for the sake of PC. India has had cosmetic changes so that India feels comfortable but those changes only go so far, it's still mostly the same body of a 50 year old man, same height, voice hip shape etc. The changes are a self desire but they don't magically transform you into Britney Spears in the eyes of others. People will be polite and respect your right to live as desired. But a straight man is attracted to women. India does not look like a woman so why would a straight guy want to date her? Most people are attracted to others through physical appearance initially. Your body change isn't necessarily going to make you more attractive to straight people.
__________________
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
Terry Pratchett

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 07-01-2018 at 12:03 AM.
jaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:40 AM   #103
Maru
Triumph of the Weird
 
Maru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Houston, TX USA
Posts: 5,821

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
BB17: Evelyn
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I will

India is being completely unrealistic and I think it's something a lot of people are unrealistic about for the sake of PC. India has had cosmetic changes so that India feels comfortable but those changes only go so far, it's still mostly the same body of a 50 year old man, same height, voice hip shape etc. The changes are a self desire but they don't magically transform you into Britney Spears in the eyes of others. People will be polite and respect your right to live as desired. But a straight man is attracted to women. India does not look like a woman so why would a straight guy want to date her? Most people are attracted to others through physical appearance initially. Your body change isn't necessarily going to make you more attractive to straight people.
Yeah, and I can understand where people don't really want to have this discussion with folk who already struggle everyday with their identity. To that end, I can understand how India's feelings were not just hurt in some trivial way.

Maybe in her real life, people handle her fragility differently (with kid gloves) and keeps these conversations to a minimum as a means to not exacerbate her dysphoria. But I also don't think that we should be encouraging this perception that just because you change your sex on your ID or have work done, that other's perception of your sex/gender should also change. These shouldn't be sold as a bill of goods, a means to achieving permanent acceptance in other people's eyes. What it should represent is your individual choice to live as a particular gender and to enjoy your legal rights while doing so (i.e. use the bathroom of that gender), to go with the internal work. To sell it as more than this is not only harmful but will lead to disappointment. I don't think she's fully transitioned spiritually/mentally in this respect.. she really does seem to treat it as though being a woman comes down to boobs, cloths and hair (the whole "diva" thing)... and just kinda missing out on everything else in the process. She could have a very good experience in the house if she would just let things happen.
__________________

Last edited by Maru; 07-01-2018 at 12:42 AM.
Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:03 AM   #104
jaxie
Senior Member
 
jaxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 7,038

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
Yeah, and I can understand where people don't really want to have this discussion with folk who already struggle everyday with their identity. To that end, I can understand how India's feelings were not just hurt in some trivial way.

Maybe in her real life, people handle her fragility differently (with kid gloves) and keeps these conversations to a minimum as a means to not exacerbate her dysphoria. But I also don't think that we should be encouraging this perception that just because you change your sex on your ID or have work done, that other's perception of your sex/gender should also change. These shouldn't be sold as a bill of goods, a means to achieving permanent acceptance in other people's eyes. What it should represent is your individual choice to live as a particular gender and to enjoy your legal rights while doing so (i.e. use the bathroom of that gender), to go with the internal work. To sell it as more than this is not only harmful but will lead to disappointment. I don't think she's fully transitioned spiritually/mentally in this respect.. she really does seem to treat it as though being a woman comes down to boobs, cloths and hair (the whole "diva" thing)... and just kinda missing out on everything else in the process. She could have a very good experience in the house if she would just let things happen.
In many ways I think India as a representative of trans just shows that much more counselling and less surgical procedure may be more appropriate in some cases. I don't think the surgery she has had is going to give India what she wants. There is a lot of talk about transformation but that has to be personal because your transformation isn't necessarily transforming others or how they will see you.
__________________
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
Terry Pratchett

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:48 AM   #105
GoldHeart
Senior Member
 
GoldHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 18,529

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 1: The Vivienne
The Circle 2019: Georgina
BB19: Akeem
IAC2018: Fleur East


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
In many ways I think India as a representative of trans just shows that much more counselling and less surgical procedure may be more appropriate in some cases. I don't think the surgery she has had is going to give India what she wants. There is a lot of talk about transformation but that has to be personal because your transformation isn't necessarily transforming others or how they will see you.
Why did she go on BB she clearly needs counselling then . She keeps having these random outbursts everytime somebody has a different opinion and it's tiresome to see .

Ginuwine was being honest in the most gentlemanly way which was nice to see , i bet people assumed he'd be a rough argumentative person as he's a rapper.

India is pathetic the way she's pushing him and grabbing him, and even then he's still being polite and just laughing it off .

Malika even said if a guy didn't fancy her because his preference was for another ethnicity she wouldn't cry and moan about it .

Ginuwine is a straight man with 9 kids therefore he must fancy all women??? , India is delusional .
__________________
GoldHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:47 AM   #106
chuff me dizzy
User banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 44,726

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry
CBB8: Paddy
UBB: Brian


Default

If the boot had been on the other foot and Ginuwine had grabbed India to try to kiss her she would have kicked up such a stink,he would have been removed
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:38 AM   #107
lostalex
Senior Member
 
lostalex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California
Posts: 18,025


Default

gender and sex are 2 different things. 1 of them is real the other is not.
__________________
Don't be afraid to be weak.
lostalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:42 AM   #108
Nicky91
General Draconarius
 
Nicky91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: My Space Fortress
Posts: 55,832
Blog Entries: 61


Default

calling India a woman is shocking indeed, since i still see many male things about ha

i do get the feeling India went into CBB to argue, moan, whine and make everything go on about her
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:52 AM   #109
chuff me dizzy
User banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 44,726

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry
CBB8: Paddy
UBB: Brian


Default

If India had done to a man on the outside what she did to Ginuwine she would have got battered
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:31 AM   #110
poppsywoppsy
Senior Member
 
poppsywoppsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
calling India a woman is shocking indeed, since i still see many male things about ha

i do get the feeling India went into CBB to argue, moan, whine and make everything go on about her

I agree but would add that my feelings are that India went in to show how brave she has been, how wonderful she was for highlighting her struggles, educating the morons on every aspect of her 50 years as a man in the wrong body and never letting anybody forget how she has transitioned by getting her false boobs out at every opportunity to prove she is now a real woman.

It hasn't happened the way she wanted and her pique at realizing it is manifesting itself in petty spitefulness and throwing her toys out of the pram.
poppsywoppsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:46 AM   #111
Livia
שטח זה להשכרה
 
Livia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brasov, Transylvania
Posts: 30,048


Default

India hasn't experienced that whole being a teenage girl, going through puberty, experimenting with makeup and clothes, falling for the wrong bloke... consequently she has no idea how to dress herself as a fifty something woman, or how to act age-appropriately. You would have thought she had some female friends who would tell her straight... unless, as I suspect, she never thinks she's ever wrong. And her performance last night when she found out someone who has no shortage of female attention, didn't want to date her. She was embarrassing. However, I was really impressed with the others, there seems to be a really good, inclusive feeling in there, and I particularly liked Courtney's take on stuff, especially considering how India had insulted her earlier in the evening.

Last edited by Livia; 07-01-2018 at 10:47 AM.
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:04 AM   #112
MTVN
All hail the Moyesiah
 
MTVN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Country
Posts: 53,345

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli
CBB20: Paul Danan
CBB15: Cami Li


Default

Eh I can understand why it's a bit of a kick in the teeth for transwomen to hear that their very status as a transwoman rules them out as a viable partner for a lot of men and it undermines what they hoped to become by transitioning. I don't think India's view is that outrageous really and the counterarguments that people were making were quite poor in saying Ginuwine might also not be attracted to Malika etc. because like India said they're not talking about individuals..
MTVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:11 AM   #113
Shaun
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 106,218
Blog Entries: 17

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tayce
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
IAC2019: Ian Wright
RPDR UK 1: Sum Ting Wong


Default

She didn't put herself across well at all but that could very easily have been a disaster area for Ginuwine.

Whilst she made it about herself and everyone seemed to think she was just upset because he wouldn't go for her, she did have a point to be fair in that writing off an entire demographic is a little bit ignorant. It's not acceptable for people to say "I wouldn't date/marry/**** black guys" so this isn't really that different. Might not have found one attractive yet, and the biology might be confusing/off-putting, but it's still a sweeping generalisation, and something that a lot of people can excuse their bigotries with calling it "a preference".

Reminds me of that Sky show about 15 years ago, 'There's Something About Miriam'. It's very possible for people to pass as sexually desirable until someone mentions the dirty word and you have to wonder how many of those on that show would indeed have slept with her without the stigma. I have to admit I'm not well-versed on the biology/practicality of full MTF genital surgery though.

Sadly I think a lot of transphobia is going to be peddled because India happens to be a self-centred, ignorant drama queen, and that's not fair on her or anyone who's a little less whiney.
__________________
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:16 AM   #114
Livia
שטח זה להשכרה
 
Livia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brasov, Transylvania
Posts: 30,048


Default

Not being attracted to someone isn't racist. If someone's not into black guys, I think that's just like not being into blonde guys, or guys with tats. For some men, dating India would be like dating a man, she looks like a man - I'm stating that as a fact and not to be insulting. We can't all pretend that fancy everyone so as not to offend, surely! I'm pretty sure there are men out there who wouldn't date me for a variety of reasons... and one of them would be because I'm Jewish. My reaction is that it's their loss.

Last edited by Livia; 07-01-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:17 AM   #115
bitontheslide
self-oscillating
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 32,015

Favourites:
BB19: Sian


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
She didn't put herself across well at all but that could very easily have been a disaster area for Ginuwine.

Whilst she made it about herself and everyone seemed to think she was just upset because he wouldn't go for her, she did have a point to be fair in that writing off an entire demographic is a little bit ignorant. It's not acceptable for people to say "I wouldn't date/marry/**** black guys" so this isn't really that different. Might not have found one attractive yet, and the biology might be confusing/off-putting, but it's still a sweeping generalisation, and something that a lot of people can excuse their bigotries with calling it "a preference".

Reminds me of that Sky show about 15 years ago, 'There's Something About Miriam'. It's very possible for people to pass as sexually desirable until someone mentions the dirty word and you have to wonder how many of those on that show would indeed have slept with her without the stigma. I have to admit I'm not well-versed on the biology/practicality of full MTF genital surgery though.

Sadly I think a lot of transphobia is going to be peddled because India happens to be a self-centred, ignorant drama queen, and that's not fair on her or anyone who's a little less whiney.
I wouldn't go out with a guy, that's writing off an entire demographic too and perfectly acceptable. Sometimes its ok
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:18 AM   #116
Gusto Brunt
Senior Member
 
Gusto Brunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11,275


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
calling India a woman is shocking indeed, since i still see many male things about her

i do get the feeling India went into CBB to argue, moan, whine and make everything go on about her
Gusto Brunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:19 AM   #117
MTVN
All hail the Moyesiah
 
MTVN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Country
Posts: 53,345

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli
CBB20: Paul Danan
CBB15: Cami Li


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
She didn't put herself across well at all but that could very easily have been a disaster area for Ginuwine.

Whilst she made it about herself and everyone seemed to think she was just upset because he wouldn't go for her, she did have a point to be fair in that writing off an entire demographic is a little bit ignorant. It's not acceptable for people to say "I wouldn't date/marry/**** black guys" so this isn't really that different. Might not have found one attractive yet, and the biology might be confusing/off-putting, but it's still a sweeping generalisation, and something that a lot of people can excuse their bigotries with calling it "a preference".

Reminds me of that Sky show about 15 years ago, 'There's Something About Miriam'. It's very possible for people to pass as sexually desirable until someone mentions the dirty word and you have to wonder how many of those on that show would indeed have slept with her without the stigma. I have to admit I'm not well-versed on the biology/practicality of full MTF genital surgery though.

Sadly I think a lot of transphobia is going to be peddled because India happens to be a self-centred, ignorant drama queen, and that's not fair on her or anyone who's a little less whiney.
MTVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:19 AM   #118
waterhog
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,085
Default

we all have preferences that we find attractive and are draw to people. just because you say it - does not make you wrong.


I am looking for a long term lover that can stomach ???? poetry. and I will promise her a love of my life poem every day of my life. but she can not be called narcissis ?
waterhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:21 AM   #119
Livia
שטח זה להשכרה
 
Livia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brasov, Transylvania
Posts: 30,048


Default

I wonder what the answer would be if someone asked Ginuwine whether he would date someone born a woman... who is over 50. I can guess what the answer would be and I doubt any of the 50+ women in there would go and throw themselves on the bed sobbing.
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:21 AM   #120
Jake.
-
 
Jake.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 35,545
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Not being attracted to someone isn't racist. If someone's not into black guys, I think that's just like not being into blonde guys, or guys with tats. For some men, dating India would be like dating a man, she looks like a man - I'm stating that as a fact and not to be insulting. We can't all pretend that fancy everyone so as not to offend, surely! I'm pretty sure there are men out there who wouldn't date me for a variety of reasons... and one of them would be because I'm Jewish. My reaction is that it's their loss.
But Ginuwine said he wouldn’t date any trans woman, didn’t he? Not just India? So it wouldn’t matter how much of a woman they looked
Jake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:22 AM   #121
Shaun
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 106,218
Blog Entries: 17

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tayce
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
IAC2019: Ian Wright
RPDR UK 1: Sum Ting Wong


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Not being attracted to someone isn't racist. If someone's not into black guys, I think that's just like not being into blonde guys, or guys with tats. For some men, dating India would be like dating a man, she looks like a man - I'm stating that as a fact and not to be insulting. We can't all pretend that fancy everyone so as not to offend, surely! I'm pretty sure there are men out there who wouldn't date me for a variety of reasons... and one of them would be because I'm Jewish. My reaction is that it's their loss.
It's generalising every single black person as the same - not worthy of your body, how is it not racist? It's not hateful, sure, but I'm entirely uncomfortable with just going "no jews, no latinos" or whatever on a dating profile. Maybe I'm just not fussy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
I wouldn't go out with a guy, that's writing off an entire demographic too and perfectly acceptable. Sometimes its ok
An interesting point but is more down to your requirement of a sexual partner (presumably, not a penis) rather than something like their skin colour, hair colour, operation history etc.
__________________
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:36 AM   #122
chuff me dizzy
User banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 44,726

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry
CBB8: Paddy
UBB: Brian


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake. View Post
But Ginuwine said he wouldn’t date any trans woman, didn’t he? Not just India? So it wouldn’t matter how much of a woman they looked
But that is his choice and no one can tell him he's wrong
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:37 AM   #123
Jake.
-
 
Jake.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 35,545
Blog Entries: 1


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
But that is his choice and no one can tell him he's wrong
I didn’t say it wasn’t his choice, I was clarifying what he’d said
Jake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:44 AM   #124
Livia
שטח זה להשכרה
 
Livia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brasov, Transylvania
Posts: 30,048


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
It's generalising every single black person as the same - not worthy of your body, how is it not racist? It's not hateful, sure, but I'm entirely uncomfortable with just going "no jews, no latinos" or whatever on a dating profile. Maybe I'm just not fussy

Well, that is what I heard............

Last edited by Livia; 07-01-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:46 AM   #125
Livia
שטח זה להשכרה
 
Livia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brasov, Transylvania
Posts: 30,048


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake. View Post
But Ginuwine said he wouldn’t date any trans woman, didn’t he? Not just India? So it wouldn’t matter how much of a woman they looked
Maybe he's just not attracted to transsexuals. I don't see a problem with that. Not everyone fancies everyone.
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
clashes, date, ginuwine, india, transgendered, woman, wouldn’t

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:32 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts