Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB21 Celebrity Big Brother January 2018 [CBB 21] (dubbed Year of the Women). Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Courtney Act - here.

Old 25-01-2018, 10:14 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB15: Helen
CBB 13: Jim Davidson

Favourites (more):
BB15: Helen
CBB 13: Jim Davidson
Default Their Nan, my Mum

I am an older member of this forum, both my boys had the pleasure of growing up with their Nan, who educated them in the way books never could

she was an immigrant to this country and yet in later life, when my boys knew her most, she could be scathing about immigrants, particularly those from countries that fought us in a war that left this country, her adopted home, in a state of shock

What amazes me about the housemates who preach tolerance every minute, e.g Andrew, Shane J, is that they preach the importance of tolerance to every all races/colours/genders etc but have no tolerance of those who grew up in a different world, another age, ie: the elderly

Why would you hold a woman from the 1940's responsible for the difference in your thoughts and feelings

And yet you wont hold a woman who grows up, educated, in a Pakistani heirarchy to the same standards?
Old 25-01-2018, 10:44 PM #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda123 View Post
I am an older member of this forum, both my boys had the pleasure of growing up with their Nan, who educated them in the way books never could

she was an immigrant to this country and yet in later life, when my boys knew her most, she could be scathing about immigrants, particularly those from countries that fought us in a war that left this country, her adopted home, in a state of shock

What amazes me about the housemates who preach tolerance every minute, e.g Andrew, Shane J, is that they preach the importance of tolerance to every all races/colours/genders etc but have no tolerance of those who grew up in a different world, another age, ie: the elderly

Why would you hold a woman from the 1940's responsible for the difference in your thoughts and feelings

And yet you wont hold a woman who grows up, educated, in a Pakistani heirarchy to the same standards?

I so agree, I have been banging on about tolerance from those who expect tolerance from Ann.
poppsywoppsy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
mum, nan