Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 30-09-2007, 11:50 AM #401

Quote:
Originally posted by spacebandit
Quote:
Originally posted by Sticks
This morning I read this on the Sun Online website

As one of those on a certain side of this argument, it is ironic I bring this to your attention.

Do you want us to remove our posts and should this thread now be locked, or is the Sun being paranoid?
Paranoid ..No

Consolidating a position to put themselves in good stead to buy their story...absolutely.

The Sun are taking the same position as most other UK papers, tame and subservient in order to be included in the future bidding wars...got to keep in the McCanns good graces.

That reactionary comment on the Suns sight is just that - scaremongering of the highest order to protect them while they jockey for position against the othersnewspapers.

An opinion is not either libel or slander in UK Law.

I am of the opinion that they had something to do with the childs disappearance, because after watching the whole sorry tale unfold, I see gaps in their story and the whole thing just doesn't add up - that is not libel, I'm not stating it as fact, it is my opinion.

Sometimes there is a fine line between an opinion and an accusation........Reckless to take the chance with opinions so strong they could be argued as being an accusation....
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 07:16 PM #402
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

If you watch this clip from Sky News at the part where Kate McCann is speaking. Note lack of tears. Some have said that this is a coldness which indicates that she is just putting on an act, as she knows exactle what has happened.
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 09:02 PM #403
Z

Z

I still think that's an unfair point to make, not everybody is the type to start weeping when something terrible happens to them, she might be the type of person who feels they have to put a brave face on. Plus, if she suddenly started crying now, people would say she's being fake.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:33 AM #404

Soz Red.
Dr43%er is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:01 AM #405

I read in the news of the world yesterday that an anonymous email was sent to the prince of Wales website saying that a disgrunteld employee of the apartments is bein traced after a tip that she took Madeline to spite her employers!

This email was allegedly then sent to Portugal and a number of the facts in it checked out!
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:22 AM #406

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny_01
I read in the news of the world yesterday that an anonymous email was sent to the prince of Wales website saying that a disgrunteld employee of the apartments is bein traced after a tip that she took Madeline to spite her employers!

This email was allegedly then sent to Portugal and a number of the facts in it checked out!
forgive the cynicism in the belief that an anonymous email is not worth the virtual paper it is written on.

The News Of the World is The Suns sister paper, and in line for the bidding wars to come for the McCanns story, so they certainly don't want to alienate the golden goose.

If I was trying to deflect attention I'd be sending anonymous emails and letters as well, to deflect attention. Especially if I had a well meaning friend or supporter in the country in question who I had convinced of my innocence

Governments do it, they call it a false flag operation.

I am still seeing a tame press and a hamstrung police operation - if all suspects were treated as leniently as the McCanns in the murder of a british citizen, the British police may as well just admit that their best function is served by dishing out speeding and parking tickets.

we may decry the Portugese Police, but in the disappearance / suspected murder of a British national, regardless of the jurisdiction of the event, the British police are entitled to investigate, especially when the chief suspects are also British.

yet we see none of that.

the same for social services - who I will repeat for the umpteenth time would be all over the low income class family like a bad rash, spiriting away the other children, if similar circumstances applied of beer and chips rather than a foreign holiday and a nice restaurant.

If they are innocent I will hold my hands up and say Thank God - a childs death at the hands of its parents either deliberatley or accidentally is too horrific to contemplate,

but until the British police pursue suspects without fear or favour, regardless of who they are, like they would do if it was my family or yours, or anyone else here - I'll still quote the bard in the loudest voice I have that "theres something rotten in the state of Denmark"
spacebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:02 PM #407
Banned

Banned

I just seen the front page of the Daily Express newspaper and its says Madeleine is in Morroco you see more proof that photo must of been her after all. I still believe it was her despite that girl being found not to be her.
Amy21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:13 PM #408

Quote:
Originally posted by Amy21
I just seen the front page of the Daily Express newspaper and its says Madeleine is in Morroco you see more proof that photo must of been her after all. I still believe it was her despite that girl being found not to be her.
Ok so thats your opinion but I find it hard to believe that its Maddie even after they have tracked the woman and little girl down
~Kizwiz~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:24 PM #409

The McCanns are now seaking guidance from psychics!!!

Full Story
Old 01-10-2007, 03:26 PM #410

Quote:

Full Story
I have to try and put myself in their position, what would I do if my 3 year old went missing for such a long time without closure..... I think I might do this too.

HOWEVER, why tell the media? Surely its a private affair and should remain between them and the psychics

why all the hoo har of publicity?
Old 01-10-2007, 03:31 PM #411

I am pretty sure Kiz that they didnt tell the media, it seems to have come from another family member, and when you read right through they appear not to have yet used any psychics just family members suggesting it!

Like you Kiz I would do anything I possibly could in a search for my children so would never rule this out myself. As devote catholics though they may well choose not to use this route directly themselves.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:53 PM #412

Quote:
there is living in denial and theres the far off place where you seem to be living
Old 01-10-2007, 04:58 PM #413

Quote:
Originally posted by kizwiz
Quote:

Full Story
I have to try and put myself in their position, what would I do if my 3 year old went missing for such a long time without closure..... I think I might do this too.

HOWEVER, why tell the media? Surely its a private affair and should remain between them and the psychics

why all the hoo har of publicity?
Because publicity is the be and end all - no publicity and the media start to fade and then the poilice may finally get up the nads to do their jobs and interview them properly, and the family members and friends - just like what happens to other people in the real world
Old 01-10-2007, 08:13 PM #414

Quote:
Quote:
there is living in denial and theres the far off place where you seem to be living

Sometimes though I wish I had that kind of conviction about this whole mess. I always wanted them to find their daughter (still do) and for them not to be involved and part of me will be so happy if they are proved innocent BUT all that said I just cant get my head round the things they have done and said.

They seem intent on remaining in the public eye, not just keeping Madelines photo but themselves in front of the press 24/7. I hate this media machine the family have turned into, I hate that they have a paid "spokesman" that is being funded by the kind donations of people who wanted to pay to help to try and find this poor little girl.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:13 PM #415

Quote:
Originally posted by Sticks
If you watch this clip from Sky News at the part where Kate McCann is speaking. Note lack of tears. Some have said that this is a coldness which indicates that she is just putting on an act, as she knows exactle what has happened.

Also on Sky news the fact a British expert refused to risk his reputation in helping the Portuguese police because of the mess of an investigation by them.....

The crying example you give is quite frankly meaningless. People react to grief in different ways. In front of people/cameras hold themselves together. The fact she did not show tears is I think clutching at straws to try and convince yourself she is guilty...

I don't know if they are guilty or not. Until proper evidence materializes instead of the souped up gossip and leaks thus far heard then no one can surely come to a difinitive conclusion...
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:08 PM #416
Banned

Banned

Quote:

I am NOT crazy in the head or living in any land i feel in my whole body that Madeleine is out there alive somewhere with her kidnappers and they keeping her hidden away. But they cant hide forever they WILL get caught out and Madeleine will be found and brought back home to her family and friends. This WILL happen so there. I will be the one who is right and you all will be wrong.
Amy21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:09 PM #417

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

Amy, its not about being right or wrong, its about the life of a little girl who could possibley be dead, and you going on about your right and everyone else is wrong, is extremely pathetic
Billy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:11 PM #418

Have you really just turned 21?
Old 02-10-2007, 05:12 PM #419

Quote:
This WILL happen so there. I will be the one who is right and you all will be wrong.
And I would love to see that happen really I would, her being reunited with her family that is.

But I think this is more about you being right than anything else...... and it shouldnt be.

Please Amy, I beg you, stop with the I will be right you will all be wrong.... its getting tiresome
Old 02-10-2007, 05:20 PM #420

Was it your IQ score?
Old 02-10-2007, 05:23 PM #421
ylvis♥

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

ylvis♥

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Quote:
Quote:

I am NOT crazy in the head or living in any land i feel in my whole body that Madeleine is out there alive somewhere with her kidnappers and they keeping her hidden away. But they cant hide forever they WILL get caught out and Madeleine will be found and brought back home to her family and friends. This WILL happen so there. I will be the one who is right and you all will be wrong.
Sorry but I think you are. You have proven this on many occasions and it is quite difficult for me to believe you're 21. 21 year-olrds don't act like you, they know the difference between opinion and fact.
Sarah. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:00 AM #422
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by bananarama
[Also on Sky news the fact a British expert refused to risk his reputation in helping the Portuguese police because of the mess of an investigation by them.....

The crying example you give is quite frankly meaningless. People react to grief in different ways. In front of people/cameras hold themselves together. The fact she did not show tears is I think clutching at straws to try and convince yourself she is guilty...
This was something others had mentioned. The forensic evidence seems quite compelling. Now they have replaced the police chief heading the inquiry, I noticed how the McCanns were saying how they would cooperate with whoever was running the investigation.

What absolute rot

There are 40 questions they refused to answer. If they were innocent, why did they not answer them?

Why did they suddenly change a trip to Spain at the last moment, and go on a day when the shops would be shut.

What about the missing hours when nobody apart from the McCanns actually saw Madeline.

Why was the scent of death on the cuddle toy, the steps, in the apartment?

Kate shouting that Madeline had been taken, instead of she's gone is highly suspicious, as if a party line had been concocted.

Now we have wild speculations about mythical maids sacked by mythical clubs. Gerry cooking up a story that maybe the mythical abductor was in the room when he last checked it.

Remember 90% of all homicides happen in the home.

The most realistic scenario is that the McCanns killed their own daughter and covered it up. They are intelligent doctors and would have found a way to hide the body.

I notice on the findmadeline.com site, they have a paypal account, maybe Paypal should be alerted that they might be unwitting accomplices to fraud.
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:24 AM #423

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr43%er
Was it your IQ score?
That high?
Mrluvaluva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:46 AM #424

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrluvaluva
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr43%er