Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB21 Celebrity Big Brother January 2018 [CBB 21] (dubbed Year of the Women). Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Courtney Act - here.

Old 31-01-2018, 05:55 PM #151

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Amanda Barrie
BB18: Chanelle

Favourites (more):

The first man I ever had a relationship with went through this. He was taken away from his family in his teens actually I think he was 12, strapped to a bed, given electro shock treatment, put in ice baths and it damaged him for life.

Last edited by pontyboi; 31-01-2018 at 05:55 PM.
pontyboi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 05:57 PM #152
haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

haunted

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
Are you familiar with the concept of democracy? People with opposing opinions vote and the majority wins the vote. What they were voting for then becomes law and EVERYONE abides by it. That doesn't mean everyone has to agree with it. Brexit was a very clear example.

Democracy encompasses all opinion ... Ann was part of that process, and a very valuable part too.
how is this related to my post

Spoiler:

montblanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 05:57 PM #153
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg! View Post
Here are 2 examples of people defending or justifying it that Paula D must have missed
It mystifies me too Greg.
It's one of the last things worthy of support or defence in any context.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 05:59 PM #154
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by montblanc View Post
I don't think he's necessarily trying to turn people against her but it maybe the fact that the other housemates (Amanda, Ashley, Jess, etc.) are just sweeping her views under the rug which is easy for them to do because they don't affect them. It's probably really frustrating to see everyone around him getting on with Ann saying things like "it's her opinion, whatever" for three weeks when her views/voting records have no impact on their lives as they are heterosexuals. As for Amanda and Wayne, they are part of an older generation and had to learn throughout their lives to just deal with people like Ann and that carried into the house. Shane J. doesn't feel like he needs to have respect for someone that has previously voted & advocated to make gay people's lives "less than" that of a straight person's and rightfully so. He's been respectful to her and her views during their stay and he's probably just had enough of it now.
He was basically telling Wayne to go attack her for her voting record. Of course he was purposely trying to get people to turn against her. Its frustrating to watch as it seemed to be brought up randomly, but with LF we could have known the context of it all and it might totally change the story. From what we have seen though, it seemed random and manipulative.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 06:01 PM #155

Quote:
it doesn't matter if they didn't win she still voted for them and Ann hasn't been a saint in there either. Ann makes snide comments, faces, rolls her eyes, etc. at anything that coincidently have to do with the LGBT or women. The moment with Wayne & Shane J. showcased that. She's continuously showing her disapproval towards people like Shane J. and he's just getting fed up of it.
We take a lighter view, when Ann rolls her eyes or covers her face, we find it hilarious. In fact we wait for it, predict it, "Oh Ann's going to cover up in a minute" and when she does, we laugh.

Jess and Ashley laughed too. You cannot say Shane hasn't baited her into it either, then he laughs at the outcome.

Her demonstrations in the Diary Room are also funny, then the next minute, there she is doing the most ridiculous things.

Where is the sense of humour here. It is all angst, wringing of hands and a witch hunt, whilst Ann is having the time of her life.
Old 31-01-2018, 06:02 PM #156
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

Quote:
how is this related to my post
Quote:
it doesn't matter if they didn't win she still voted for them and Ann hasn't been a saint in there either. Ann makes snide comments, faces, rolls her eyes, etc. at anything that coincidently have to do with the LGBT or women. The moment with Wayne & Shane J. showcased that. She's continuously showing her disapproval towards people like Shane J. and he's just getting fed up of it.
thats why, Ann was a democratically elected MP, she actually had the best attendance record of any MP while she was representing her constituency. Democracy does not revolve around everyone having the same opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and not to be hounded for holding it.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 06:03 PM #157

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
He was basically telling Wayne to go attack her for her voting record. Of course he was purposely trying to get people to turn against her. Its frustrating to watch as it seemed to be brought up randomly, but with LF we could have known the context of it all and it might totally change the story. From what we have seen though, it seemed random and manipulative.
Ann has been an entertaining housemate but how can you back up her opinions which are something you would find in Afghanistan?
Old 31-01-2018, 06:04 PM #158
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I saw it more as trying to gain others support to challenge the views of Ann.
Not attack her.
Why on earth does he need the support of others to challenge her though? That makes it sound even worse tbh. I cannot bring up something thats bothering me unless I have managed to convince everyone around me to back me up when I say it? Nah.
Quote:
There's a misconstrued view he wanted Wayne to talk to Ann on the issues.
Wayne even said to Amanda Shane hadn't asked him to do so at all.
Its not misconstrued at all. It was clear what he was doing and he did want Wayne to go and start.
Quote:
I agree he should have gone directly to Ann himself.
I would have respected him for doing this. Very near the start of the show he had this out with Ann about her voting record, and it seemed a mature convo where they were polar opposites but both respected each others right to an opinion.

I am not bothered at all about him challenging her on her views. I like conversations about difficult topics. I just dislike the childish sneaking around behind someones back. Seems the rest of the housemates (bar Malika) agree too.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 31-01-2018, 06:05 PM #159
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontyboi View Post
Ann has been an entertaining housemate but how can you back up her opinions which are something you would find in Afghanistan?
I don't back up her opinions? I think I disagree on her entire voting record tbh. Except maybe the shackling prisoners thing, as I know the context behind it and it was basically a...better to be handcuffed in hospital that give birth inside a prison thing. And they were not shackled during active labour either. And of course the prisoners are a flight risk. Apparently when it came out it turned out that the woman who was shackled had tried to escape twice already, including once trying to jump out of a window whilst pregnant.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Vicky.; 31-01-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Old 31-01-2018, 06:06 PM #160
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yes he was
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 06:06 PM #161
haunted

Favourites (more):

haunted

Favourites (more):

Quote:
i agree with you on the Wayne thing that was a bit out of order

Spoiler:

Old 31-01-2018, 06:12 PM #162
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontyboi View Post
The first man I ever had a relationship with went through this. He was taken away from his family in his teens actually I think he was 12, strapped to a bed, given electro shock treatment, put in ice baths and it damaged him for life.
Absolutely awful.

Beyond all decency and not in any way worthy of a scrap of support.
It really should be seen as assault.

Last edited by joeysteele; 31-01-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 31-01-2018, 06:14 PM #163
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
i agree with you on the Wayne thing that was a bit out of order
...yeah it was montblanc and I don’t defend that...but for for the most part, he’s respectful and communicates his opinions well, even in explaining the perspective of others if they have been upset or annoyed etc...which is why I feel, this wasn’t his ‘typical’ behaviour and for whatever reason, feeling very heightened emotions that evening...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 06:14 PM #164
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Absolutely awful.

Beyond all decency and not in any worthy of a scrap of support.
It really should be seen as assault.
Surely it would be today..should have been then too. Electroshock treatment should never ever have been a thing. Plus this was on a ****ing 12 year old. Whoever did that should have been jailed for child abuse tbh
Quote:
Quote:
Old 31-01-2018, 06:15 PM #165
haunted

Favourites (more):

haunted

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy View Post
We take a lighter view, when Ann rolls her eyes or covers her face, we find it hilarious. In fact we wait for it, predict it, "Oh Ann's going to cover up in a minute" and when she does, we laugh.

Jess and Ashley laughed too. You cannot say Shane hasn't baited her into it either, then he laughs at the outcome.

Her demonstrations in the Diary Room are also funny, then the next minute, there she is doing the most ridiculous things.

Where is the sense of humour here. It is all angst, wringing of hands and a witch hunt, whilst Ann is having the time of her life.
when someone has a background of voting against certain LGBT rights & then they roll their eyes, make faces, etc. at anything to do with the LGBT what makes you think the LGBT person wouldn't get offended? It's the context. And you can't use Jess or Ashley as examples because they aren't gay.

& it isn't about "having a sense of humor" because even though I strongly dislike Ann I can admit she has a lot of funny moments through out the series

Spoiler:

Old 31-01-2018, 06:17 PM #166
0_o

0_o

Quote:
when someone has a background of voting against certain LGBT rights & then they roll their eyes, make faces, etc. at anything to do with the LGBT what makes you think the LGBT person wouldn't get offended? It's the context. And you can't use Jess or Ashley as examples because they aren't gay.

& it isn't about "having a sense of humor" because even though I strongly dislike Ann I can admit she has a lot of funny moments through out the series
She does this at nearly everything though, its not only LGBT stuff. Any human contact, any expression of love/emotion, any swearing (even light language), any mention of being drunk, any request from BB to do a task, any noise while she is wanting quiet, any innuendo...anything at all
Quote:
Quote:
Old 31-01-2018, 06:17 PM #167
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Surely it would be today..should have been then too. Electroshock treatment should never ever have been a thing. Plus this was on a ****ing 12 year old. Whoever did that should have been jailed for child abuse tbh
..no, I’ve known it to be used quite recently, in the last few years.../..not for homosexuality I have to say, for severe depression...
Old 31-01-2018, 06:17 PM #168
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..no, I’ve known it to be used quite recently, in the last few years.../..not for homosexuality I have to say, for severe depression...
Shock treatment is still going? Jesus...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 31-01-2018, 06:19 PM #169
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Absolutely right Vicky.
That was despicable what was carried out there.
Old 31-01-2018, 06:19 PM #170
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Shock treatment is still going? Jesus...
..the situation I know of was for bipolar.../.she eventually committed suicide...so well, it didn’t work..those awful shocks she went through...
Old 31-01-2018, 06:21 PM #171
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Ann rolls her eyes at loud music ,what phobic is that or is it an "ist" And the last time i looked there was no law against rolling your eyes
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 06:23 PM #172
haunted

Favourites (more):

haunted

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
thats why, Ann was a democratically elected MP, she actually had the best attendance record of any MP while she was representing her constituency. Democracy does not revolve around everyone having the same opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and not to be hounded for holding it.
oh i think you misinterpreted my post. I wasn't saying that Ann doesn't have the right to her opinion/votes in the parliament, I was explaining why Shane J. would feel a type of way towards Ann because of her voting history.

Spoiler:

Old 31-01-2018, 06:24 PM #173

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
She does this at nearly everything though, its not only LGBT stuff. Any human contact, any expression of love/emotion, any swearing (even light language), any mention of being drunk, any request from BB to do a task, any noise while she is wanting quiet, any innuendo...anything at all
I did read that she had a detained retina ,I wonder if that affects her facial expressions sometimes.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 06:26 PM #174
haunted

Favourites (more):

haunted

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Ann rolls her eyes at loud music ,what phobic is that or is it an "ist" And the last time i looked there was no law against rolling your eyes
the context.

Ann rolling her eyes at loud music is different from rolling her eyes listening to a conversation between two gay men uplifting each other about their sexuality especially with her history in the parliament.

Spoiler:

Old 31-01-2018, 06:26 PM #175

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..the situation I know of was for bipolar.../.she eventually committed suicide...so well, it didn’t work..those awful shocks she went through...
Lots of people who have bi-polar commit suicide,I know someone who did,it must be an awful thing to have, to get that low

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ann, conversion, supporting, therapy