Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB5 Nadia, Michelle, Stuart, Jason and the rest of the Big Brother 5 housemates.

Old 07-09-2004, 08:01 AM #1

Default Stuart and Michelle laughed over BB sex claims

Quote:
Stuart Wilson and Michelle Bass say they "laughed" when they heard they'd gone down as the first couple to have sex in the Big Brother house.

But, in an interview with Heat magazine, they still refused to divulge exactly what happened under the table.

Bookies paid out to people who bet there'd be sex in Big Brother 5 following the incident in which the couple hid themselves from the cameras.

But Michelle said: "That's there business, nothing to do with us." And Stuart added: "They potentiallyt lost a lot of money for themselves then."

But they would still not confirm or deny having sex under the table.

Stuart said: "Our explanation is just that we wanted some privacy." While Michelle added: "We went under the table to have some private time so we're clearly not going to discuss it now are we."

Heat then tried to get the couple, who say they've only spent one day apart since the end of Big Brother, to drop their guard but without success.

After Michelle told the interviewer to draw their own conclusion, Heat responded: "OK my conclusion is that you had sex."

Michelle responded: "Fair enough. But that is your conclusion."
Article from Ananova
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 08:55 AM #2

Quote:
Originally posted by Amy

But Michelle said: "That's there business, nothing to do with us." And Stuart added: "They potentiallyt lost a lot of money for themselves then."
I'd have thought they'd made enough money out of their relationship without the need to give us any more details
I think they are fast becoming the new double version of Mrs I won't go away goody
rachb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 04:12 PM #3

Quite agree Rachb - these two are certainly milking things for what they can. Still I suppose if magazines are stupid enough to pay them loads of money - then why shouldnt they take it.

They talk about a relationship, but there are still living in a goldfish bowl. Wonder how they will get on when the hype dies back and they have to bo back to normal living.
BusyBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 07:38 PM #4
Oldgit

Oldgit

I saw the ananova article on the computer at work during my lunch, now I am at home. I have now seen the whole Heat article. It's actually quite touching. I'll paraphrase a few extracts, because it is copyright and Heat chooses not to publish on the internet.

Polly Hudson observes that now they are out of the house, Stuart is more open about his feelings and as a result Michelle is more secure, and is not the possessive girlfriend from Hell she saw on BB. She observed Stuart being approached by a beautiful female fan and says Michelle did not bat an eyelid. Stuart also talks of how he spelled "I love you" to Michelle on her hands under the covers.

The reference to whether or not they had sex in the house was really prompted by the questioning. They both took the attitude that they have said they had private time together, and it would no longer be private if they said what really happened, whatever it was! The bit about laughing was at the end. When Stuart was asked how he reacted when he was told the he and Michelle had sex on TV, he said he laughed.

Despite the fact that being together is making them a few bob, I don't think they could fake it to a sufficient extent. When you consider that Polly Hudson was cynical about them and disliked Michelle in the house, she seems pretty convinced.

I posted on this site a lot following BB2 and I still remember that there were a few people who thought that the Paul and Helen romance was faked for (a) votes in the house and (b) money afterwards. We now know that was not the case. I don't know how long Michelle and Stuart will last, but I am convinced that they did not fake a romance for either of these reasons no more than Paul or Helen did.

I think it's nice to see these two young people happy, and I would also say that Michelle displayed every emotion, both positive and negative, that it was possible to display in the house, her heart was out there on her sleeve. We've had plenty of fakes over the years, and whilst I can understand some people slagging her off on a few sites (no names no packdrill) I thought we were a little more "nice" here!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 08:25 PM #5

I think for me everything happened a little too quickly with these two both inside and once out of the house.I think they are in a very strange situation and think that had they given the relationship some time before telling all how much they love each other I may indeed have taken more notice.
I don't blame them for cashing in on their new found fame but I would have thought a few choice magazine interviews would have been great.As I'm not a fan I now see how all the people that didn't like Helen and Paul felt about their publicity while I was loving every article that featured them.
I do think that these two will stay together now and I'll admit I had my doubts but they do seem to be more genuine since leaving the house.
I'm just worried that they will replace Jade and every time they so much as sneeze we have to hear about it.
I'm sure like Lee & sophie who I never thought would stay together they will have a long and happy future together.
but thats just my opinion we can't like everyone and for me I think I was just disappointed as we hoped for another Helen and Paul romance.I now know that's not likely to ever happen again.
rachb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 09:51 PM #6
Oldgit

Oldgit

Nice post, rachb.

I think that there were two barriers to Helen and Paul's romance: Helen's relationship outside, and Paul's early "fling" with Penny. As he became more attracted to Helen in the ensuing weeks he did not want to be cast as the bad guy, that is not a criticism. Indeed I think that Paul's heart was wrestling with his conscience from about week 4 and it was incredible to watch, that's why before BB5 Paul was my favourite housemate ever. I think the relationship would have moved on quicker had it not been for his scruples, I don't think Helen would have held back. But it did make it fascinating and of course we could not help but love the way they looked at each other whilst sticking to the "no snogging" rule that Paul had imposed! That, coupled with Helen's persona, gave the affair an "innocence" that had us all spellbound.

Helen was not as innocent as some thought, you only have to read a lot of her conversations in the BB2 book, but as a couple, there was an innocence about their relationship itself.

Stuart and Michelle's situation was markedly different. Stuart fancied Michelle immediately. On day one, he kept going back to her on the pretext that he had forgotten her name. Michelle was attracted to both Stuart and Victor and flirted with both of them early on. Marco also fancied Stuart, but in befriending him realised that Stuart was straight and fancied Michelle, which is why on an early truth or dare game he dared Stuart to snog Michelle. I think it was around day 5. And the rest, as they say, is history.

I think Paul's snog with Penny was around the same time. He realised it was a mistake straight away. If she had been the right one for him, I don't see him behaving as he did toward Helen for the next 8 weeks but he still would have been the same guy, just different circumstances.

You're right as you say there will never be another Paul and Helen. There will never be another Stuart and Michelle either. If there is a romance in a future BB, it will be two different people and it will probably take a completely new course.

I also have to say I did watch a lot of live feed in BB5 as I was off work sick at the time. Michelle DID behave quite badly during the Wedding Task (though I thought it was hilarious, I did worry about her health) but during the chained task I think the editing made the possessive, jealous side of her character look far worse than it was. She had two problems with that task: not just the fact that Stuart was chained to Shell, but also that she was changed to the one person in the house that she despised: Jason. Even so, I was impressed how she kept it in during the day, but one or two moments each day where she wanted Stuart were included on the edit and it looked like she was behaving like that all the time. It was really not the case. Almost excluded from the edits on the C4 shows were the number of times Stuart initiated hugging and kissing. If you watched it during the day, you would conclude that, far from being henpecked, Stuart was quietly in control of the relationship!

Anyway, I've gone on long enough!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb, claims, laughed, michelle, sex, stuart