Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

View Poll Results: How has the government done with Covid-19?
Excellent job 2 5.26%
Excellent job
2 5.26%
Good job 5 13.16%
Good job
5 13.16%
Ok job 6 15.79%
Ok job
6 15.79%
Bad job 18 47.37%
Bad job
18 47.37%
Terrible job 7 18.42%
Terrible job
7 18.42%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 01:10 PM #226
Not like us.

Not like us.

Dont forget, Boris decided his end of year holiday wasn't enough for a new pm, so he took half of February off for another holiday, with the virus already rampaging across Europe and well on it's way here.
Old 02-05-2020, 01:43 PM #227
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
You should never make excuses for any governments that lie, even the ones you happen to support. Hold them accountable, don't try to sweep inconvenient truths under the carpet.

the 100k figure is dodgy and if they are lying about that, what else are they lying about?
I dont know, im sure you have a long list

Btw I have never voted Tory but I have Labour including our current useless London Mayor, I am supporting the current governments efforts to get on top of the crisis yes, unlike you who are willing them to fail

Btw did you sort out the distance errors in your shop...shameful if you havent addressed it

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 02-05-2020, 02:14 PM #228
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post

Btw I have never voted Tory but I have Labour including our current useless London Mayor, I am supporting the current governments efforts to get on top of the crisis yes, unlike you who are willing them to fail

Btw did you sort out the distance errors in your shop...shameful if you havent addressed it
Another unnecessary comment... are you aware what you are suggesting here? I've been accused of this too, that there is some joy in the failings we've experienced in the country due to the slow response and PPE issues. And worse are hoping for worse.

Can you understand how insulting that is? This goes beyond politicising the issue it's downright offensive.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:40 PM #229
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
, unlike you who are willing them to fail
Nobody is willing them to fail. What a cruel and unusual thing to say.

But, they are failing. It is not helpful to be blind to this because tens of thousands of people are dying. I’m guessing there’s tens of thousands of people yet to come.

People claiming their efforts are good or excellent as it stands are the ones who are truly (unintentionally) willing the country to fail if anything.

Demand more from your government.

Last edited by Withano; 02-05-2020 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:58 PM #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
They’ll be counted, as well as the ones they have to resend, even more fudged numbers for them to get themselves of to, shameful

Wow ... such paranoia

How do you sleep at night !?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-05-2020, 04:02 PM #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Nobody is willing them to fail. What a cruel and unusual thing to say.

But, they are failing. It is not helpful to be blind to this because tens of thousands of people are dying. I’m guessing there’s tens of thousands of people yet to come.

People claiming their efforts are good or excellent as it stands are the ones who are truly (unintentionally) willing the country to fail if anything.

Demand more from your government.

Thousands are dying across the world so are all governments failing?

We are fairly unique I’d say ... 70 million crammed into a relatively small landmass !!

I see people comparing our death count unfavourable with flamin New Zealand yet although we both share roughly the same landmass they have under 5 million population !

Old 02-05-2020, 04:11 PM #232
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Thousands are dying across the world so are all governments failing?

We are fairly unique I’d say ... 70 million crammed into a relatively small landmass !!

I see people comparing our death count unfavourable with flamin New Zealand yet although we both share roughly the same landmass they have under 5 million population !

Several governments across the world has done poorly in protecting their citizens. Yes? Would you disagree?
Old 02-05-2020, 05:38 PM #233

Quote:
Several governments across the world has done poorly in protecting their citizens. Yes? Would you disagree?

Name them ...

Old 02-05-2020, 07:28 PM #234
Banned

Banned

Quote:

What a load of ****. I'm not willing anything to fail, you just cannot handle criticism of the government. Governments should be held accountable for their actions, if you disagree with that then you'd probably love living in China or North Korea but I for one believe in freedom. If you see that as me willing the government to fail in the middle of a crisis then that is a catastrophic failure on your part to understand what I'm saying. Do better.

Nice attempt at baiting there at the end, stay pressed and obsessed and remember your basic reading comprehension, it'll help you differentiate between wanting to hold a government accountable to it's lies and hoping it fails xx.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:38 PM #235

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Considering this is Britain, and the way Britain is today..the government has done exceptionally well on keeping the population under control and the army off the streets.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:51 PM #236
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It’s terrifying that there could have been 200k+ less worldwide deaths if governments acted promptly, but this doesn’t matter to some. All efforts were still excellent in some people’s eyes. Terrifying.

If nobody had your attitude, there would be far less deaths because the government would have to listen to the people.

Unfortunately, they are right in knowing they can literally get away with murder.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:15 PM #237

Quote:
It’s terrifying that there could have been 200k+ less worldwide deaths if governments acted promptly, but this doesn’t matter to some. All efforts were still excellent in some people’s eyes. Terrifying.

If nobody had your attitude, there would be far less deaths because the government would have to listen to the people.

Unfortunately, they are right in knowing they can literally get away with murder.

You know that you’re agreeing with yourself there ?

Old 02-05-2020, 08:28 PM #238
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What a load of ****. I'm not willing anything to fail, you just cannot handle criticism of the government. Governments should be held accountable for their actions, if you disagree with that then you'd probably love living in China or North Korea but I for one believe in freedom. If you see that as me willing the government to fail in the middle of a crisis then that is a catastrophic failure on your part to understand what I'm saying. Do better.

Nice attempt at baiting there at the end, stay pressed and obsessed and remember your basic reading comprehension, it'll help you differentiate between wanting to hold a government accountable to it's lies and hoping it fails xx.

So i take it by your failure to respond you never bothered to protect your customers by moving the stickers 2m apart, a simple enough task, yet the government is not doing a good enough job for you, got it

A reminder of what you said

No, it just encourages people to defy the lockdown for pointless ****, social distancing will not be observed because it isn't being observed now. Most shops I go (including my own work place) into have those distancing stickers everywhere but most of them aren't even spaced a meter apart, never mind two.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 02-05-2020 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:32 PM #239

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
You know that you’re agreeing with yourself there ?

And he expects the government to cope with a world wide pandemic fit enough for his eyes.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:05 PM #240
Banned

Banned

Quote:
[/B]

So i take it by your failure to respond you never bothered to protect your customers by moving the stickers 2m apart, a simple enough task, yet the government is not doing a good enough job for you, got it

A reminder of what you said

No, it just encourages people to defy the lockdown for pointless ****, social distancing will not be observed because it isn't being observed now. Most shops I go (including my own work place) into have those distancing stickers everywhere but most of them aren't even spaced a meter apart, never mind two.
Cherie, why do you think it's acceptable to bring up my life like that? If I said the same thing to you, you would have blown up so practice some self awareness and know that this is not the path to go down.

Honestly, you're being very ****ing creepy. You is a TV show, not a how-to manual.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:09 PM #241

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Dezzy..you openly brought your life onto the forum when you plugged your book.

So it's fair for Cherie to simply ask you about your work environment during such difficult times...no?
Old 02-05-2020, 09:12 PM #242
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post

So it's fair for Cherie to simply ask you about your work environment during such difficult times...no?
Not when her friends used that information to harass me outside of the forum, no.

I get the feeling that she's trying to fish for more details about my work and I won't oblige.

You guys don't understand this but I'm entitled to a life outside of this forum. You and yours' need to follow my lead, I'd never pull that **** on any of you, don't feel justified in bringing my personal life into **** it doesn't belong in.

Last edited by Tom4784; 02-05-2020 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:17 PM #243
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Cherie, why do you think it's acceptable to bring up my life like that? If I said the same thing to you, you would have blown up so practice some self awareness and know that this is not the path to go down.

Honestly, you're being very ****ing creepy. You is a TV show, not a how-to manual.
Lol you posted on the forum ...you know nothing about me...if I had posted what you did on the forum I would say its fair game..

It’s not creepy to quote something you posted so don’t bother trying to move the goalposts and intimate that you haven’t bothered to protect your customers, its someone else’s responsibility .. probably the government ...we get it

Old 02-05-2020, 09:21 PM #244
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Lol you posted on the forum ...you know nothing about me...if I had posted what you did on the forum I would say its fair game..

It’s not creepy to quote something you posted so don’t bother trying to move the goalposts and intimate that you haven’t bothered to protect your customers, its someone else’s responsibility .. probably the government ...we get it
You just don't get it, do you? You lack empathy, Cherie.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:22 PM #245
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Not when her friends used that information to harass me outside of the forum, no.

I get the feeling that she's trying to fish for more details about my work and I won't oblige.

You guys don't understand this but I'm entitled to a life outside of this forum. You and yours' need to follow my lead, I'd never pull that **** on any of you, don't feel justified in bringing my personal life into **** it doesn't belong in.
Lol I have no need or desire to fish for information,, I’m just gifted with a half decent memory, you said yourself you sign off peoples holidays so you are management and even if you weren’t in the current climate most people would bring an error in distancing to management attention.... ...don’t drag me into your book review thing..nothing to do with me mate as well you know...

Old 02-05-2020, 09:22 PM #246
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post

Cheers Parm... xx

Old 02-05-2020, 09:24 PM #247
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You just don't get it, do you? You lack empathy, Cherie.
My friends would not agree

Old 02-05-2020, 09:30 PM #248

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

But you brought your life onto the forum via your book, what happened after that has sod all to do with Cherie.

You are taking your anger that's built up from that incident out on Cherie and that's very unfair cause she is simply asking you a question about another side of your life..you ain't prince harry son..you can't pick and chose!
Old 02-05-2020, 09:35 PM #249
Banned

Banned

My life is not up for debate, end of.

Last edited by Tom4784; 02-05-2020 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:52 PM #250

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
My life is not up for debate, end of.

Unless there's profit to be made.

Stop cluthing your pearls.Cherie asked a simple question that merely whiffed the smell of your life
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
covid19, good, government, job