Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB15 Celebrity Big Brother 2015 (CBB15) was shown January 2015 on CH5, and the winner was Katie Price. Discuss the series here.

Closed Thread

Old 31-01-2015, 07:11 PM #351
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope Springs View Post

Oh, so because it's on a reality TV show it's fine. You seriously don't get it do you. Just because you hear worse on a Friday night, and it's laughed off, that makes it acceptable too... (I'd reassess where I was spending my Friday nights personally)
You clearly do NOT live in the real world, because in the real world, rape threats are not laughed off and accepted. THAT my dear is reality. You need to go back and check yourself because up to now, everything you have put on this threat is accepting rape threats as normal and perfectly acceptable. YOU need to get a grip.
Old 31-01-2015, 07:12 PM #352
Banned

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Katie Hopkins
I'maCeleb2014: Jake Quickenden
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazerunner_888 View Post

Chuff should be warned
What on earth do you want Chuff warning for?

Chuff... Im warning you... please don't have ANY morals and please get a grip... it is perfectly acceptable to threaten someone that you are going to rape them... stop being such a wuss Chuff....

Is that what you think Mazerunner? I can't believe how people are so accepting of such a heinous crime.
Old 31-01-2015, 07:12 PM #353
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What points have you mentioned that are worth commenting on?
1. You think it's fine because FFS it's only reality TV...
2. YOU hear worse things on Friday nights...

You seriously disgust me.
I wouldnt let them get to you as thats what they want

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 31-01-2015, 07:12 PM #354

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:

OK I've taken the plunge into this thread. Of course what Perez said was inappropriate and the warning was fair though with his (3 warnings is it now?) One has to look back at Ken and wonder at the rules as they seemed very quick to throw him out and aren't in any apparent hurry with Perez.

Having said all that, people do say inappropriate things in temper, things they would never act on so to say it was seriously givn as a threat of rape is a huge exaggeration IMO.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 31-01-2015 at 07:14 PM.
Old 31-01-2015, 07:14 PM #355
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
OK I've taken the plunge into this thread. Of course what Perez said was inappropriate and the warning was fair though with his (3 warnings is it now?) One has to look back at Ken and wonder at the rules as they seemed very quick to throw him out and aren't in any apparent hurry with Perez.

Having said all that, people do say inappropriate things in temper, things they would never act on so to say it was a threat of rape is a huge exaggeration IMO.
Ive lost my temper lots of time Ive never threatened to anal rape anyone on national tv

Last edited by chuff me dizzy; 31-01-2015 at 07:14 PM.
Old 31-01-2015, 07:14 PM #356
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Having said all that, people do say inappropriate things in temper, things they would never act on so to say it was a threat of rape is a huge exaggeration IMO.
My argument is if it was the heat of the moment he would oof said it once not 3/4 times

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 31-01-2015, 07:15 PM #357
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What on earth do you want Chuff warning for?

Chuff... Im warning you... please don't have ANY morals and please get a grip... it is perfectly acceptable to threaten someone that you are going to rape them... stop being such a wuss Chuff....

Is that what you think Mazerunner? I can't believe how people are so accepting of such a heinous crime.
My morals are all intact I dont find rape funny
Old 31-01-2015, 07:16 PM #358
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Honestly Chuff, I cannot believe these peoples attitude..

Jeremy touches a dressing gown - he's satan unravelled...
Ken uses language that is antiquated and looks at the women's arses, which lets be fair, they haven't exactly been bashful about showing considering they're on national TV.. BOTH are removed from the house...

The American Psycho threatens to rape Callum, NOT just once, but it's fine, cos there was no intent, no harm done.. let's all go live in fluffy land...

seriously deranged.
I thought Jeremys removal was ridiculous
I didnt agree with Kens as such however I see why it had to be done...with the racist comments and that. Personally though I think relaity tv should show reality...and reality is that some people make bigotted comments sometimes

In this instance, I think Perez did deserve a warning. However I find it hysterical that some who dislike him are now calling it a 'rape threat'. For gods sake...I agree with annie on this really. I have said 'I'll ****ing kill you' and such when arguing and not once did I mean it and not once have I had someone as anal as to think that I was seriously threatening their lives.

The people saying this was a rape threat are (IMO) the very same people who will eventually get BB taken off air. The ofcom complainers who will ring in hysterical because a housemate farted twice in the presence of another housemate or something. Its just ridiculous how overboard people go in their support/hatred of housemates at times
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 31-01-2015, 07:16 PM #359

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamski94 View Post
My argument is if it was the heat of the moment he would oof said it once not 3/4 times
We can all be guilty of repeating ourselves? Specially in a fit of temper.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
Old 31-01-2015, 07:17 PM #360
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I wouldnt let them get to you as thats what they want
you know what though... I honestly find it really disturbing that people are so accepting of this... as I said earlier.. .Ken Morley SPOKE a few words out of turn and was booted out and treated like jack the ripper, Jeremy was pissed and touched a woman's dressing gown - booted out

That horrible little cretin, threatens to rape someone, and he's left alone... a tap on the wrist from BB... and people on here think it's acceptable.. makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach.
Old 31-01-2015, 07:17 PM #361
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
We can all be guilty of repeating ourselves? Specially in a fit of temper.
No because you would realise the first time you said it that is was unacceptable

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 31-01-2015, 07:18 PM #362
0_o

0_o

Quote:
No because you would realise the first time you said it that is was unacceptable
Yeah, we all think entirely rationally when wound up
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 31-01-2015, 07:19 PM #363
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I thought Jeremys removal was ridiculous
I didnt agree with Kens as such however I see why it had to be done...with the racist comments and that. Personally though I think relaity tv should show reality...and reality is that some people make bigotted comments sometimes

In this instance, I think Perez did deserve a warning. However I find it hysterical that some who dislike him are now calling it a 'rape threat'. For gods sake...I agree with annie on this really. I have said 'I'll ****ing kill you' and such when arguing and not once did I mean it and not once have I had someone as anal as to think that I was seriously threatening their lives.

The people saying this was a rape threat are (IMO) the very same people who will eventually get BB taken off air. The ofcom complainers who will ring in hysterical because a housemate farted twice in the presence of another housemate or something. Its just ridiculous how overboard people go in their support/hatred of housemates at times
Well said Vicky

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Old 31-01-2015, 07:19 PM #364
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam

Personally I think this thread is sick. Discussions cause arguments and facts solve them. No discussion, he said what he said and it does not matter which way you cut it, he deserved a warning....was it a rape threat....probably not, but nevertheless, BB are not treating everyone the same and THAT IS THE CRIME HERE, not what chipolata dick said or how he said it.

Last edited by sampvt; 31-01-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old 31-01-2015, 07:19 PM #365

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Ive lost my temper lots of time Ive never threatened to anal rape anyone on national tv
Have you never said 'up yours'? I'm sure we've all said things in anger that someone could interpret as a threat if they really want to court that kind of controversy.

― Richard Dawkins

Last edited by jaxie; 31-01-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Old 31-01-2015, 07:20 PM #366
more more more

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jade
BB15: Ashleigh

more more more

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jade
BB15: Ashleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Oh dear god, he didn;t threaten to rape him
Actually technically he did.
Old 31-01-2015, 07:21 PM #367
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Having said all that, people do say inappropriate things in temper, things they would never act on so to say it was seriously givn as a threat of rape is a huge exaggeration IMO.
Jaxie, the American knew exactly what he was saying, and the intent behind it was to goad callum into punching him in his sorry little face.
the point I have been trying to make is maybe he did say it as a "joke" or just to goad him, but rape is not, never has been, and never will be a joke. if that is the way he wants to conduct himself in his own little world, fine, crack on petal cos one day someone is going to shove their fist right in his little pathetic face, but on national television, no. not acceptable, never acceptable. never has been, and never bloody will be. Rape, be it male or female, is something not ever ever to be joked about and personally think channel 5 need to step in and sort this out. I am totally disgusted.
Old 31-01-2015, 07:21 PM #368
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Personally I think this thread is sick. Discussions cause arguments and facts solve them. No discussion, he said what he said and it does not matter which way you cut it, he deserved a warning....was it a rape threat....probably not, but nevertheless, BB are not treating everyone the same and THAT IS THE CRIME HERE, not what chipolata dick said or how he said it.
He definitely deserved a warning

Rape threat...is just ridiculous. Inappropriate baiting more like.

Agree about BBs consistency but as I said earlier, they seem desperate to keep him (ala secret room twist) so I doubt anything he says will get him kicked out. If he does anything terrible then it will be hidden away from us like when jay crapped in the freezer :S

BB have been overly harsh this year with both ken and jeremy I feel. Its not a good thing to be calling for MORE warnings. I really think warnings should be a last resort. Helen apparently got 14 or so...so they are USELESS anyway.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 31-01-2015, 07:24 PM #369
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
However I find it hysterical that some who dislike him are now calling it a 'rape threat'. For gods sake...I agree with annie on this really. I have said 'I'll ****ing kill you' and such when arguing and not once did I mean it and not once have I had someone as anal as to think that I was seriously threatening their lives.

I'd like to see how you would react to someone threatening what Perez did last night. I have never complained to Ofcom about big brother, and I really find it a worrying indictment on todays society that this is seen as acceptable. Im glad I live in my version of reality and not yours.
Old 31-01-2015, 07:25 PM #370

I didn't equate it initially with a rape threat but it definitely crossed the line over sexually demeaning a straight man by describing and intending a sex act towards him which would not be described as consensual.

If it had been said to a woman, Perez would be long gone.

Last edited by poppsywoppsy; 31-01-2015 at 07:26 PM.
Old 31-01-2015, 07:27 PM #371
0_o

0_o

Quote:
I'd like to see how you would react to someone threatening what Perez did last night. I have never complained to Ofcom about big brother, and I really find it a worrying indictment on todays society that this is seen as acceptable. Im glad I live in my version of reality and not yours.
If someone threatened to rape me, I would report them to the police

If someone said to me what Perez said last night, I would laugh in their face. As he never threatened anything...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 31-01-2015, 07:27 PM #372
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy View Post
I didn't equate it initially with a rape threat but it definitely crossed the line over sexually demeaning a straight man by describing a sex act which would not be described as consensual.

EXACTLY the point. But he didn't say it to a woman, he said it to a man, and of course... male rape never happens, it's only a joke, and worse things happen at sea....
Old 31-01-2015, 07:28 PM #373
Witch

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
Witch

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy View Post
I didn't equate it initially with a rape threat but it definitely crossed the line over sexually demeaning a straight man by describing and intending a sex act towards him which would not be described as consensual.

This
Old 31-01-2015, 07:29 PM #374
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If someone threatened to rape me, I would report them to the police

If someone said to me what Perez said last night, I would laugh in their face. As he never threatened anything...
fine. good for you.
im pleased for you that you find it amusing.
Old 31-01-2015, 07:30 PM #375
Witch

Favourites (more):
Witch

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazerunner_888 View Post

Chuff should be warned