Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 18-12-2010, 02:18 AM #26
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
LOL @ people feeling proud for not taking herion

Heroin is vile.

Once your hooked you are never truly off it, no matter what the so called experts say.

I could never be mates/even speak to a smackhead. They disgust me.

This might seem a bit hypocritical given that I have taken other drugs myself, but when I was younger I narrowly avoided my little brother falling on a dirty needle down my local park. left by the filthy smackheads the night before. Hence my hate for the scummy bastards.

I think heroin is in a totally different league to everything else.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 18-12-2010 at 02:18 AM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 02:34 AM #27
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

I think in some cases it's possible. Takes a lot of will power and it's easy to laspe. Best thing is not to hang around with the people you did it with.
Old 18-12-2010, 03:20 AM #28
Banned

Banned

I've never done any drugs, I just don't care for them. I don't really care for much though, I don't smoke or drink either although I'm not one of those insufferable people who believve themselves to be God's gift because of it. Straight Edge are a pair of words that make me cringe.

I say do what you like as long as you stay safe and no one gets hurt. It's your prerogative, no one else's so I don't judge people for taking them.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 03:42 AM #29

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: One Direction
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: One Direction
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

Never tried them. Never will. Sorry just my opinion, but i find them stupid.
Twilight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 03:53 AM #30
Honourary Super Moderator

Honourary Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
Never tried them. Never will. Sorry just my opinion, but i find them stupid.
You've no need to be sorry. I'm of the same view. Not sorry for it. If people want to do that, fair enough but they should have equal respect for those that dont
Kerry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 05:09 AM #31

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

There's nothing cool or clever about taking drugs, which includes booze as far as I'm concerned. I feel nothing but pity for people who need such stimulants to make themselves feel good. Why would anyone want to become dependent on poisons that, at the best, damages the body, but at the worst can damage relationships and potentially make a person dangerous to other people?

I'm fed up with hearing of people blaming their vile and anti social behaviour on drugs or alcohol - as far as I'm concerned if you CHOOSE to take them you are totally responsible for whatever happens to you and whatever behaviours you display towards others. Certainly the taxpayer should not have to pick up the tab via the NHS for sorting out drug addicts and alcoholics.

As for so called "recreational" drugs, Lol at the people who say "I won't get addicted", "I know my own limitations", "I won't get hooked", blah blah blah. YEAH RIGHT! Self justification is the usual M.O. of an addict.

But hey, if people want to put crap into their bodies, I really don't give a flying fart so long as they are only ones who suffer from it.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 07:19 AM #32
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Teenage years growing up in an American influence in the 70's /80's - with friends of my father having fought in Vietnam - drugs were part of how many of them 'coped' - lead me (with their kids) to trying out all sorts: LSD, speed, weed, pills of all sorts (half the time we didn't even know what they were, what the hell we were taking...christ!), coke etc.

Never touched heroin / crack cocaine. LSD probably the 'hardest' I tried, and liked - until I took too much, was out of it for about 3 days and had the most hellish and god awful bad trip - and without a lie, 27 years on - very very occasionally, I still will dream of the 'bad trip' flashback style. Hard to believe but very true.

Some of my parents friends, out of their minds on acid, were badly injured, never recovered. One broke their neck doing silly things such as standing in sinks, and diving to the floor: thinking they 'swimming pools'. Not good.

Now.....lucky if I have a spliff every few months, and stick to the fags and booze.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 08:44 AM #33
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody

drugs are stupid
anyone that takes them are asking to die
MeMyselfAndI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 09:03 AM #34
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI View Post
drugs are stupid
ah right. smoke a spliff and you're going to die.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 09:08 AM #35

i cant be bothered so ill let these guys tell you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBFScGicAp4
Old 18-12-2010, 10:41 AM #36
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Herod View Post
There's nothing cool or clever about taking drugs, which includes booze as far as I'm concerned. I feel nothing but pity for people who need such stimulants to make themselves feel good. Why would anyone want to become dependent on poisons that, at the best, damages the body, but at the worst can damage relationships and potentially make a person dangerous to other people?

I'm fed up with hearing of people blaming their vile and anti social behaviour on drugs or alcohol - as far as I'm concerned if you CHOOSE to take them you are totally responsible for whatever happens to you and whatever behaviours you display towards others. Certainly the taxpayer should not have to pick up the tab via the NHS for sorting out drug addicts and alcoholics.

As for so called "recreational" drugs, Lol at the people who say "I won't get addicted", "I know my own limitations", "I won't get hooked", blah blah blah. YEAH RIGHT! Self justification is the usual M.O. of an addict.

But hey, if people want to put crap into their bodies, I really don't give a flying fart so long as they are only ones who suffer from it.
Who said it's cool or clever? It's people like you that make this country all PC Guess it all depends how you're brought up. You seem to be going by ridiculous stereotypes and unfounded moral panic.
Old 18-12-2010, 10:41 AM #37
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI View Post
drugs are stupid
Always one
Old 18-12-2010, 10:54 AM #38
-

-

drugs are stupid
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 11:05 AM #39
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

I've never taken drugs to be cool or clever, I've taken them because I want to and I enjoy the experiences from it..... I can go out and have a load of drik come back the nect day, not know what I did and how I got home, with drugs it's different I remember everything vividly.
Old 18-12-2010, 06:59 PM #40
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Herod View Post
I feel nothing but pity for people who need such stimulants to make themselves feel good.
This must be one of the most tiring sentences churned out by the sobriety brigade. One of my golden rules when I was into taking drugs constantly was 'never take them when you are down, only when you are already happy'. It's the best realistic, day to day piece of advice along with learning your tolerance limits that you could ever hope to give anyone about drugs.

I used drugs to expand an already good time. Not to self medicate or make up for something that was missing. We smoke weed to play Rock Band on the PlayStation. To make it better. Or watch Inception. To make that better. Without these things it would be a pretty humdrum experience just smoking and doing nothing but. The simple neurological fact is drugs like that, in situations like that will enhance the time you are having. Just like boozing responsibly on a night out will enhance your night out and will give you lasting, great memories. I cringe when I here self righteous 'good, clean living hurr' morons come out with stuff like 'well a good pumping iron session down at the gym will have you feeling like a good Ecstacy buzz in no time!'.

No. It wont.

It's a bare faced lie to tell people that you can experience everything drugs have to offer within the confines of a fulfilling reality. The next time you have a skydive or jog or kite flying in the park session with your dog that rivals a good, well prepared shared psychedelic experience on something like Psilocybin then you let me know. Really. Do let me know. I want in on it. That's not to piss on sober reality which is obviously the most consistent, come down free expeirence on offer where most of your happy memories will be made. I acknowledge that you see.

To answer the topic my view on drugs runs concurrent with my view on everything else : Do what you bloody well please, just don't hurt others along the way.

Last edited by Stu; 18-12-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 07:11 PM #41
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Not fussed really. There're a handful I'd always say no to because of the scare stories / personal experience with them (family members, etc.) but otherwise I'm quite laidback about it all... there's nothing more miserable than a zealot trying to dampen everyone else's lives because their own sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 07:20 PM #42
Z

Z

I agree with Stu's logic; people who take drugs at a low point are asking for trouble, those who take them to enhance a good time, fair play really. I've done drugs, both were legal at the time (one still is), wanted to see what they were like, I did, now I won't do them again. I'd never touch illegal drugs, and having seen the effect hard drugs had on some of my friends, that decision will always be final. One of my friends was doing heroin for "fun", she came dangerously close to going over that line of casual use to serious problem, lost most of her friends because of it and it's taken a year of weaning herself off these things and trying to rebuild her life to get it back on track; and she didn't even have what I'd consider a full blown drug addiction. It's sad to watch, but there's nothing you can do to discourage someone who wants to get themselves in that situation.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 10:02 PM #43
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Heroin for fun. Jesus christ. Sadly I have seen it happen to those of whom I knew very loosely. The suburb I live in is pretty ... eh ... low class and I can count five people in the past 18 months who went to school with me who overdosed on the stuff. On that note I am really, really against the 'tough on Heroin users' brigade that seek to crucify drug addicts at the weakest point in their lives. Nobody asks to be a Heroin addict. Sure most of us should know the dangers but often your family, social status, mindset, environment, young age etc can combine to push you to it. I have nothing but sympathy for the true victims of Heroin addiction. Because victims do exist and genuine human beings do exist beneath the veins.

Look at smokers. All of us start it KNOWING it will someday more than likely contribute to our death.

This topic has also made clear to me that you lot clearly consider H to be the big one. Which is wrong. It's nothing compared to Crystal Meth, which all loyal Dog The Bounty Hunter [What?, WHAT?] viewers will be familiar with. A far, far more devestating drug than Heroin without a doubt. If it catches hold big time in either of the British Isles we are screwed.

Meth is horrible stuff. Like being wired to a mains horrible.

Last edited by Stu; 18-12-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 18-12-2010, 10:06 PM #44
Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Lee.

Favourites:

Dog the Bounty Hunter? Dog the ****ing Bounty Hunter?? Jesus! What kind of plebs watch that ****??

*blushes*
Old 18-12-2010, 10:11 PM #45
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

-has watched it from time to time-

His wife is...jesus. I don't know where to start. Those tits could knock out Ali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-12-2010, 10:12 PM #46
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

She seems to be a bastion of glory to cocksteady males who honestly could not care less what the rest of a woman looks like as long as she has ginormous baps. The son is a little gob****e too. All a pack of gob****es, but it's hard to resist it when you are hungover at 10 in the morning.
Old 18-12-2010, 10:13 PM #47
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

I loved it when they all got battered by a load of Ice heads and ran lol
Old 18-12-2010, 10:14 PM #48
Lee.

Favourites:

Lee.

Favourites:

She's looking better nowadays and has lost a LOT of weight but man those breests!! I've never seen anything like them! Good looking face though
Old 18-12-2010, 10:17 PM #49
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge View Post
I loved it when they all got battered by a load of Ice heads and ran lol
My personal favourite is when the ditzy daughter unexpectedly caught the criminal mastermind on her own and armed with her Hawiian charm and bun in the oven attempted to stop him with the force of err ... whatever ... then got pushed slightly as the guy ran away.

Cue The Dawg who bursts onto the scene ten minutes later demanding she press charges for assault.

Last edited by Stu; 18-12-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 18-12-2010, 10:23 PM #50
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Tinsels View Post
My personal favourite is when the ditzy daughter unexpectedly caught the criminal mastermind on her own and armed with her Hawiian charm and bun in the oven attempted to stop him with the force of err ... whatever ... then got pushed slightly as the guy ran away.

Cue The Dawg who bursts onto the scene ten minutes later demanding she press charged for assault.
Ohhh I remember that, she made such a meal of it lol It looked like she pretty much tripped over herself. The Brother that ike dived on him playing hero would be more likely to get done for assault.

That is one thing that annoys me about the show, all the self righteous stuff they babble on about.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
attitude, drugs