Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 14-11-2013, 06:20 PM #26
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinearefine View Post
Alright can everyone in the world please refrain from saying that the winner didn't deserve to win, because like... they won so obviously they did? Especially for AUSTRALIA of all seasons, which had a fantastic winner and a strategically inept runner-up who had no one to blame for their loss but themselves.

If you win, you deserved it, end of story.
Geez, you didn't have to take it so literal.

Spoiler:

The only reason I said Colby may have deserved kit more is because he won immunity challenges when he was going to most likely be the target that week, so he basically made it to the end by himself, with the help of a few allies of course. And I love Tina, so I'm not hating on her at all, I was just saying that she didn't have many stand-out moments where it made you think "wow, she totally needs to win because of that" etc.

Oh and Australia is my favourite of the 3 I've watched. (I'm almost done with Marquesas now). I would probably rank them Australia > Borneo > Africa atm. Not sure where I'd put Marquesas yet, probably after Borneo or Africa.
Old 14-11-2013, 09:52 PM #27
Queen Bea

Favourites (more):
BB16: Chloe
BBUSA17: Da'Vonne
Queen Bea

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Geez, you didn't have to take it so literal.

Spoiler:

The only reason I said Colby may have deserved kit more is because he won immunity challenges when he was going to most likely be the target that week, so he basically made it to the end by himself, with the help of a few allies of course. And I love Tina, so I'm not hating on her at all, I was just saying that she didn't have many stand-out moments where it made you think "wow, she totally needs to win because of that" etc.

Oh and Australia is my favourite of the 3 I've watched. (I'm almost done with Marquesas now). I would probably rank them Australia > Borneo > Africa atm. Not sure where I'd put Marquesas yet, probably after Borneo or Africa.
The point I'm making is that logically the winner always deserves to win because.. they won? Whether or not you personally think the the other person deserved it more doesn't matter because the winner survived every vote and made it to the finals and were able to secure enough jury votes to win. Whether they had to win immunity challenges, make big game-changing moves, or ride coat tails to get to that position, if they got the jury votes to win they deserve to win.

Spoiler:

It has nothing to do with you hating on Tina or even this particular season at all. I actually like both Tina and Colby, but Colby was an idiot and could have easily won by eliminating Tina and taking Keith to the finals but he didn't and Tina beat him. Whether she had many stand-out moments or if Colby made it to the end by himself, she won. I'm sick to death of hearing people say that someone doesn't deserve to win, I debated people on it for like a year back in 2009 when I religiously watched it.
swinearefine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 10:06 PM #28
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The point I'm making is that logically the winner always deserves to win because.. they won? Whether or not you personally think the the other person deserved it more doesn't matter because the winner survived every vote and made it to the finals and were able to secure enough jury votes to win. Whether they had to win immunity challenges, make big game-changing moves, or ride coat tails to get to that position, if they got the jury votes to win they deserve to win.

Spoiler:

It has nothing to do with you hating on Tina or even this particular season at all. I actually like both Tina and Colby, but Colby was an idiot and could have easily won by eliminating Tina and taking Keith to the finals but he didn't and Tina beat him. Whether she had many stand-out moments or if Colby made it to the end by himself, she won. I'm sick to death of hearing people say that someone doesn't deserve to win, I debated people on it for like a year back in 2009 when I religiously watched it.
You make some valid points, and I understand what you're saying. I was just saying that, on paper, they don't seem to have many credentials to earn them the win.

But I think the winner played a flawless game and their social game was spot on, hence why they won. If we were looking at statistics, then the other person should've won. That's all I was saying :
Old 15-11-2013, 01:12 AM #29
Queen Bea

Favourites (more):
Queen Bea

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You make some valid points, and I understand what you're saying. I was just saying that, on paper, they don't seem to have many credentials to earn them the win.

But I think the winner played a flawless game and their social game was spot on, hence why they won. If we were looking at statistics, then the other person should've won. That's all I was saying :
ugh I have no idea what statistics you are talking about because the only statistics that matter is the 4-3 final vote. So on paper aka in reality they won and deserved to win.
swinearefine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 01:42 AM #30
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Quote:
ugh I have no idea what statistics you are talking about because the only statistics that matter is the 4-3 final vote. So on paper aka in reality they won and deserved to win.
I think he means immunity runs.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 01:56 AM #31
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
bow down to da quen b

now someone just needs to link SoBig to this post re: Natalie vs. Russell, Sandra vs. Russell, et cetera et cetera
Old 15-11-2013, 02:20 PM #32
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
I think he means immunity runs.
Yeah as on about.

Man I didn't wanna get into arguments on this thread If it I'll just say they deserved to win a leave it at that, even though my opinion is clearly different to yours.
Old 15-11-2013, 02:22 PM #33
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Oh and I'll have my Marquesas review up by tonight. I've just got the finale left to watch and then that's it.
Old 15-11-2013, 09:43 PM #34
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Ok, I've just finished Marquesas and I have to say I enjoyed it quite a lot actually. Probably rank it second out of the 4 I've seen, just below Australia.

Season 4 Marquesas Review:
Spoiler:

So starting off watching this I was really excited because it went back to being on a beach island and the challenges seemed more dynamic than Australia/Africa, so that was a plus.

On to the contestants. I don't really have many opinions on Peter and Patricia because they left really early and didn't make much of an impact. Same can be said for Hunter too, but he seemed like someone that could've turned out to be good if he stayed longer. I kinda liked Sarah at times and at other times I didn't. She was just kinda there to make the cast look more attractive in general and she just strutted around in her bikini all day doing no work for the tribe But I guess that made her quite funny, so she wasn't too bad to watch. I didn't care much for Gabriel and his whole "I'm not here to play the game" stuff, since he clearly was trying to stay in Next was Gina and I really liked her, I was rooting for her after the Tribe Swap because she was clearly outnumbered by Kathy, Paschal & Neleh, but unfortunately she was swamped out by them before merge.

On to the people that merged. I liked Boston Rob and his tactical methods and alliances, but I had a feeling it would catch up to him sooner or later, and it did. I loved the little alliance of him, Sean and Vecepia, and they were my 3 favourites of the season. I was SO happy when John got blindsided because he came across as so cocky and arrogant and expected to get to the end just by controlling all his little minions. I'm glad he got eliminated before Sean too, because that was kinda like a private victory for Sean. 'Can't you, feel a, brand new dayyyyyy?' I barely even remember Zoe that much, I just remember she was in John's little alliance that didn't work and then she got picked off after him. She didn't make much of an impact IMO. Then it was Tammy, who was really bitter at jury with her speech about morals and honesty No one cares love, just cast your vote and fade into irrelevance. She was a good antagonist though, but it wasn't exactly focused all on her. I didn't like Robert, or the General, or whatever you wanna call him. I don't know what it was about him, but I just didn't find him endearing or entertaining. He was a good rival to the alliance of 5 though, but in the end I wasn't too sad at his elimination.

Now on to Sean. I LOVED Sean! He was the life and soul of this season for me and he brought drama, entertainment and also someone to relate to as well. I liked his points about people assuming he was in an alliance with V for both being black (even though it was true ) and he clearly wanted to represent his community well. I was disappointed when he lost because I didn't think Vecepia would have a chance in hell to win after he left, but boy was I wrong. At least he got a car though. I felt so sorry for Paschal when he was voted off because no one even voted for him and he was basically given the last rock left in the bag and it ended up being purple. And then to top it all off he collapsed the next day. Poor guy. But I liked the bond between him and Neleh, I thought it was great and reminded me of Rodger and Elisabeth KATHY! I loved Kathy, always cutting deals left right and centre but still coming off as angelic and entertaining! I wanted her V to be the final 2, but I doubt V would've won then. I liked Neleh, but towards the end I was rooting against her purely because I wanted Sean or Vecepia to win. She seemed really sweet though and I enjoyed rooting for her for most of the show.

On to Queen Vecepia!!! I am so happy she won. Her gameplay reminded me of Tina from Australia, who I loved! And Vecepia was the first African-American winner, which is fantastic. I thought she played the game strategically and in a way which she didn't make many enemies. She stayed under the radar when she needed to and won challenges when necessary. I definitely think she was stronger than she was letting on to be. I was so relieved when she won, I thought she deserved it 100%. I hope she comes back in a future season.

IDK who I'd want back in the future (I've heard Boston Rob comes back again in the future) but I wouldn't mind Neleh, Vecepia, Sean and Kathy returning again.

So now I've finished my 4th season, I can move on to number 5, which is Thailand! I'm hoping it will be good because I become more interested in a season when there is constantly something going on. Then again, most seasons are slow-burners and only really kick-off post-merge.
Old 15-11-2013, 09:54 PM #35
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Thailand sucks... Even Jeff hates it

Spoiler:

Last edited by reece(:; 15-11-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 15-11-2013, 10:05 PM #36
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Thailand sucks... Even Jeff hates it
Oh God... not looking forward to it at all then.
Old 15-11-2013, 10:24 PM #37
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Get it over with because a fabulous season comes after it

Spoiler:

Old 16-11-2013, 07:20 PM #38
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Get it over with because a fabulous season comes after it
I hope you're right. I'm 8 episodes into Thailand and I think I've died of boredom twice
Old 17-11-2013, 09:18 PM #39
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

I finished Amazon like this morning but I cba ranking it tonight. It was awful and the write-up will probably be very short so I'll review it tomorrow. From what I've seen of Amazon so far, it seems pretty good
Old 17-11-2013, 09:36 PM #40
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I finished Amazon like this morning but I cba ranking it tonight. It was awful and the write-up will probably be very short so I'll review it tomorrow. From what I've seen of Amazon so far, it seems pretty good
Ya'll better be talking about Thailand here

Spoiler:

Old 18-11-2013, 06:34 AM #41
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Ya'll better be talking about Thailand here
Yeah I meant Thailand I was tired last night.
Old 23-11-2013, 02:12 PM #42
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Finished Thailand and Amazon. I'm not even gonna go into detail on Thailand because it was so awful. I'll just outline my brief points.

Thailand:
Spoiler:

Ugh, where do I begin. I'm not even gonna talk about each contestant in order of elimination because a lot of them don't even deserve a write-up . It actually started off as pretty enjoyable for the first 3/4 episodes, but after Ghandia left, she took all the drama and excitement with her and it became so dull so quickly. I was only rooting for Shii-Ann and Ghandia, and I liked Helen for a while but she quickly became irritating for me to watch. I liked Ted too, but boy was he dull. I couldn't stand Robb! He was such a douche and acted like he was entitled to everything and was always isolating Shii-Ann. I also really disliked Clay. He was such an arrogant redneck (like Ted said in his jury speech) and if it was true about the racist remarks, then I dislike him even more now. I thought Jan was sweet but she wasn't exactly someone worthy of winning so I'm glad she didn't. I thought Brian was a deserving winner but I have no doubt that he'll be one of my lowest ranked winners by the time I'm done with all the seasons. It felt like he only really got a proper edit when it got past the halfway point. Also, WTF @ them letting the tribes live together but then they hadn't actually merged? It TOTALLY screwed up Shii-Ann's game and that's the reason why she was eliminated. If they had just let the tribes merge at Top 10, this season would've been much better because I think Shii-Ann would've lasted longer. It was sad to hear her tell Ted that she thought she was segregated by her tribe for being a racial minority

Yeah, I'm done with this write-up. If I didn't mention other contestants it's because they were either not memorable or I just didn't care enough or have an opinion about them to write about them. The only ones I want back for All Stars are Ghandia and Shii-Ann, everyone can fade into irrelevance plz.

Amazon:
Spoiler:

This was such a REFRESHING season! It was so much more enjoyable than Thailand. I think most of that was to do with the cast of contestants. I think I appreciated every single one of them in some way because most of them contributed to the series in a positive way. I was a little skeptical of the Male/Female divide at first but it turned out to be perfect for this season. I'd probably actually rank it 1st out of the 6 I've seen so far. In hindsight, it's just a bit better than Australia IMO, so it's up there as my number one for now.

Ok, so I'll talk about each contestant in order again like I usually do. I don't really remember much of Ryan, but that's because he was first out so he didn't make much of an impact on the show. I liked Janet and I wanted her to stick around for longer, but she didn't come across as someone who would've done well post-merge. I really wanted Daniel to stay for longer because he seemed like one of the better guys out of the Tambaqui tribe. I LOVED Joanna, I was so gutted when she was voted off because she was so confident and a vocal member of the tribe. It was hilarious how ghetto she became when she argued with Christy . I don't remember much about Jeanne, but I did like her at times. She was a victim of editing unfortunately. On to Shawna... I was undecided on her because I liked her at times and at other times I was just like 'ugh, go home'. I found it hilarious how she was complaining about wanting to go home and they all just kept her there even though she was desperate to go home And then she started to enjoy it more and BOOM! She was voted off

On to the mergers. I thought Roger was too over-confident and I'm glad he was voted off by the others for that same reason. Dave was someone who I barely remember, so I don't really have any opinions on him. I remember he was trying to get alliances at one point, but he wasn't memorable enough IMO. I really liked Deena - she reminded me of Sue from Borneo - and I had hoped she'd make the finale, but I think she just got a little too big for her boots and that was her downfall. Same can be said for Alex too, but his elimination came at a good time because it provoked Rob & Jenna to argue and that was entertaining to watch I LOVED Christy and it was quite interesting to watch her progress because she obviously had some difficulty getting along with everyone because of her disability, but i loved her jury speech, even though she totally went back on it at the finale.

I loved Heidi too She was so attractive and I actually thought she would be a bitch but she was far from it. Her alliance with Jenna was so amazing and I was rooting for them both. I didn't think much of Butch until the final few episodes where I started to warm to him more. I liked Rob throughout the whole season and I thought he would win because he was clearly the mastermind of the series. He deserved final 2 over Matt IMO, but idc because everything played out nicely in the end. I was unsure on Matt because I only started to like him towards the end, but in hindsight he played a great game. I thought Jenna made a mistake taking him to the end because I was sure he would win, but boy was I wrong. JENNA She was one of my favourites throughout the whole season and I was elated when she won! I didn't expect it at all! And it was a major shock when she won by 6-1. I was so happy, she was underestimated by the others and that's why she won I think.

I hope Rob, Jenna, Heidi and Deena come back for All Stars.

Now on to Pearl Islands! I've seen people saying how great of a season it is and I'm really excited to watch it!
Old 28-11-2013, 06:33 PM #43
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

I've finished Pearl Islands but no one's reading this anymore except Reece so I don't think there's much point in writing long reviews

I'll just discuss it with Reece on his profile page instead.

EDIT: Oh and Marc too

Last edited by Headie; 28-11-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Headie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2013, 06:42 PM #44
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

I'm ever so enthusiastic about Survivor

Spoiler:

Old 28-11-2013, 06:45 PM #45

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Pearl Island
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2013, 06:46 PM #46
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Pearl Slayland is definitely the best early season.

Spoiler:

Old 28-11-2013, 06:49 PM #47
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Pearl Islands is BY FAR the best I've seen out of the 7 seasons so far. The whole cast was just perfect and the Top 2 is the icing on the cake!
Old 28-11-2013, 06:51 PM #48
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Pearl Slaylands definitely has the best final two along with Micronesia and China

Spoiler:

Old 28-11-2013, 06:51 PM #49
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

I've been silently reading all of your reviews don't worry!
Old 28-11-2013, 07:14 PM #50
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by troynuncdicit View Post
I've been silently reading all of your reviews don't worry!
Yay! Another person I can add to my list of discussing seasons with

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
seasons, started, survivor, watching