Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB15 Big Brother 15 - aka Big Brother: Power Trip. The launch date was Thursday 5th June 2014. Discuss the series won by Helen Wood here.

- - - - - - - - - -

Old 29-06-2014, 09:56 PM #26

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith
Love Island 6: Sophie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicadanielle View Post
I would never usually excuse a housemate with this but I do get the feeling that Ashleigh's getting a bad edit. They make it out like she literally never speaks to anybody but Danielle, which I just doubt is the case. Plus, Chris said in the DR vids today and has said before that he thinks Ashleigh is "amazing"... It just doesn't match with what we're seeing in the highlights. I reckon she engages with people a lot more than what we see, and that when she does she might actually have a smile on her face
She has had a bad edit a few nights in a row if that's the case Jessica. I doubt very much if the editing staff would be that cruel to show someone in a bad light bitching all the time unless a good percentage of the day has been just the two girls on their own. Now that I think of it, unless there is a task those two girls don't sit with anyone and even if they do they are still talking away snidely to each other. I am so so disappointed in Ashleigh
rionablue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2014, 10:00 PM #27

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I would never usually excuse a housemate with this but I do get the feeling that Ashleigh's getting a bad edit. They make it out like she literally never speaks to anybody but Danielle, which I just doubt is the case. Plus, Chris said in the DR vids today and has said before that he thinks Ashleigh is "amazing"... It just doesn't match with what we're seeing in the highlights. I reckon she engages with people a lot more than what we see, and that when she does she might actually have a smile on her face
Chris has been praised on here for his insightful observations of the housemates.
Old 29-06-2014, 10:01 PM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rionablue View Post
She has had a bad edit a few nights in a row if that's the case Jessica. I doubt very much if the editing staff would be that cruel to show someone in a bad light bitching all the time unless a good percentage of the day has been just the two girls on their own. Now that I think of it, unless there is a task those two girls don't sit with anyone and even if they do they are still talking away snidely to each other. I am so so disappointed in Ashleigh
I do agree, they look so miserable sat up in that pod bitching about everybody and refusing to join in with anybody, and I'm also quite disappointed in the lack of smiling from the pair of them! But we've seen the odd time where Danielle seems to get on really well with Winston, and as I said before, Chris saying he really likes Ashleigh, suggesting they are maintaining friendships with them but we're just not seeing it. I know those are two really small examples, but it just surprises me that they could be acting so miserable ALL of the time and still remaining friendly with any of the hms.
jessicadanielle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2014, 10:03 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post
Chris has been praised on here for his insightful observations of the housemates.
Are you saying that he must be "right" because he's usually insightful?
Old 29-06-2014, 10:12 PM #30

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Are you saying that he must be "right" because he's usually insightful?
Most of the comments are slating Ashleigh.

I'm hoping people remember Chris's positive comment about Ashleigh and to also point out that the majority opinion on here is that Chris's observations on the housemates are spot on.
Old 29-06-2014, 10:15 PM #31
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
I cant see how anyone can defend Ashleigh after tonights highlights show. She was in my top 6 or 7 housemates for a long time now she is heading to the end of the pile. I am bitterly disappointed in her.

When she entered the house she looked so beautiful and I thought she would be a good housemate and have girly time with the other girls. She has turned into a bitter girl with a constant miserable look on her face. She is doing herself no favours isolating herself like that. Kim was very close to her and Danielle and even before Kim started gravitating towards the cool gang Ashleigh headed under Toyas wing and started bitching about the girl who had been friendly with her as did Danielle.

Danielle is no saint either and tonights episode didn't show any of them in a good light. The worst part was when Kim went up to join them and tried to encourage them to go down and see what Mark was up to and none of them would. I know they cant stand Helen but Helen wasn't even in the garden at the time. Ashleigh and Danielle have both sealed their fate in the house. I have never been so disappointed in a housemate as I have in Ashleigh. She doesn't like THESE PEOPLE. If she watched BB before she will realise that all the housemates can be crass, dirty, bitchy, and different in many ways. I wish she would just go home now. Im done with her
Really well said,I agree with every word, great post. Totally spot on.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2014, 10:16 PM #32

Quote:

I'm hoping people remember Chris's positive comment about Ashleigh and to also point out that the majority opinion on here is that Chris's observations on the housemates are spot on.
Ah yeah I see, this is exactly what I was thinking. I don't think his opinion is gospel or anything but I just can't imagine him calling a girl who sits there constantly miserable and never ever joins in "amazing"
Old 29-06-2014, 10:18 PM #33
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Moany bore, she's excluded herself and I hope she's next to go.
Old 29-06-2014, 10:19 PM #34

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Really well said,I agree with every word, great post. Totally spot on.
Thanks Joey
Old 29-06-2014, 10:25 PM #35
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BBUSA19: Cody

To be the fair, this house (like most BB houses let's be real) seems like a miserable place to lie in and I think anyone would want to kill themselves if everything surrounding them was dictated by whether or not Helen was able to have a drink. You can't blame Ashleigh for being miserable in that godforsaken hellhole.

The others have completely got her character wrong though. Everyone uses her age as an explanation for everything and writes her off as only being 18, but she'll surprise them.
Old 29-06-2014, 10:41 PM #36

She made me laugh tbh <3

Vladimir is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2014, 11:12 PM #37

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

i like the fact she has prinicples and is willing to stand by them. rather than suck up, she does what she has to do as she lives with them but she doesn't like them and good on her for knowing scum when she see's it
but saying that she should try and be happy. and not let them make her miserable like it.

its a shame the whale jale hasn't got any dececy to do the same. instead she'd arther slag her of or shall i say slug her of with her new bully best mates.

whats interesting is not one person is taking the time to help ashleigh except danielle and shes no good.
you'd think someone would make a effort to befriend her.
Old 29-06-2014, 11:40 PM #38
Ladies Man

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Audley
BB15: Marlon
Ladies Man

Favourites (more):

I don't like her at all. I do think that to a degree she is a smart girl but the dumbest thing she could have done is isolate herself from the rest of the house and stick with Danielle. I know some of Toya's fans have gravitated towards her but I don't think that people who were neutral on how they felt about her have good feelings about her anymore.

I hate it when people cry and say they wanna leave but don't. You know where the door is bitch leave if it's so bad then. She's so miserable she's not fun at all. She's just a spiteful bitch and all she's done is set herself up to be evicted next week. Everyone is gonna turn on her no matter what happens because everyone in the house sees right thru her.
Old 29-06-2014, 11:47 PM #39

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbil901 View Post
I don't like her at all. I do think that to a degree she is a smart girl but the dumbest thing she could have done is isolate herself from the rest of the house and stick with Danielle. I know some of Toya's fans have gravitated towards her but I don't think that people who were neutral on how they felt about her have good feelings about her anymore.

I hate it when people cry and say they wanna leave but don't. You know where the door is bitch leave if it's so bad then. She's so miserable she's not fun at all. She's just a spiteful bitch and all she's done is set herself up to be evicted next week. Everyone is gonna turn on her no matter what happens because everyone in the house sees right thru her.
Chris: "Ashleigh's brilliant. If we lived in the same town we'd be best mates" (one week ago)
Chris "Ashleigh's amazing" (tonights HL's)
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2014, 11:52 PM #40
Ladies Man

Favourites (more):
Ladies Man

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Chris: "Ashleigh's brilliant. If we lived in the same town we'd be best mates" (one week ago)
Chris "Ashleigh's amazing" (tonights HL's)
Well maybe not the whole house. She's not gonna get voted out by Danielle, Chris or Matthew. As far as everyone else I think she's screwed and depending on who she may be up with that could be her downfall as well.
Old 29-06-2014, 11:55 PM #41

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol View Post
i like the fact she has prinicples and is willing to stand by them. rather than suck up, she does what she has to do as she lives with them but she doesn't like them and good on her for knowing scum when she see's it
but saying that she should try and be happy. and not let them make her miserable like it.

its a shame the whale jale hasn't got any dececy to do the same. instead she'd arther slag her of or shall i say slug her of with her new bully best mates.

whats interesting is not one person is taking the time to help ashleigh except danielle and shes no good.
you'd think someone would make a effort to befriend her.
Kim bloody tried tonight and also several times in the past week or so. Ashleigh is just not interested. Danielle will, from time to time go to Kim and they might have a chat or exercise together but Ashleigh never does. I think Toya had a bit to do with Ashleighs change of character cos she had been so close to Kim as well as Danielle in the first week or two. So disappointing
Old 29-06-2014, 11:59 PM #42
Ladies Man

Favourites (more):
Ladies Man

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Kim bloody tried tonight and also several times in the past week or so. Ashleigh is just not interested. Danielle will, from time to time go to Kim and they might have a chat or exercise together but Ashleigh never does. I think Toya had a bit to do with Ashleighs change of character cos she had been so close to Kim as well as Danielle in the first week or two. So disappointing
That's the primary reason why I started to dislike Ashleigh. I think she based her all of her opinions about the HM's on what Toya told her. She's basically Toya's slave.
Old 30-06-2014, 01:53 AM #43

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh

Yeah, she is very insightful and observant. Just like a few days ago when she said the combined IQ of all the housemates (apart from herself, obviously) was 50 and they all had brains the size of a pea.

A Beautiful Mind 2: Insights of Ashleigh
Achilles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2014, 02:15 AM #44
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGoth View Post
The motivation of the five with the power is very telling.

Kim, Helen and Jale are all trying to save people out of friendship and loyalty. Ashleigh & Dani are trying to do it out of spite, just to get rid of Ash.
To be fair though each week they are (well, in this series, the power HM is) asked to nominate HMs. Therefore they are sorta drilled in to thinking about who they want out not who they want to stay. As this is just another weekly eviction process, Ashleigh and Danielle have just kept that in mind.

You could also argue Kim, Helen and Jale are being selfish wanting to immediately save their friends, and not asking themselves as a collective with Ashleigh and Danielle 'Who deserves to stay?'. Helen did this briefly, but only voiced the positives of her friends.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2014, 07:07 AM #45
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2014, 07:08 AM #46
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
To be fair though each week they are (well, in this series, the power HM is) asked to nominate HMs. Therefore they are sorta drilled in to thinking about who they want out not who they want to stay. As this is just another weekly eviction process, Ashleigh and Danielle have just kept that in mind.

You could also argue Kim, Helen and Jale are being selfish wanting to immediately save their friends, and not asking themselves as a collective with Ashleigh and Danielle 'Who deserves to stay?'. Helen did this briefly, but only voiced the positives of her friends.

Great point Jords.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ashleigh, hm, insighful, observations, spot