Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

View Poll Results: ???????
Yes 16 40.00%
Yes
16 40.00%
No 24 60.00%
No
24 60.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-05-2018, 06:33 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
absolute bollocks, just people trying to satiate out basic desire to feel important, same as pretending to see ghosts or talking to spirits. It just makes the person feel important and that people are interested in them

I have often seen pansexual ghosts.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 06:37 PM #27
haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

haunted

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Can a childs persona attract them?
i think you missed the point

Spoiler:

montblanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 06:47 PM #28
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Nah, pansexuality is not a thing.

It doesn't matter if someone thinks they're "nonbinary", they still either look male or female, and people will be attracted to them accordingly. Same with transpeople - some transwomen will unfortunately just look like dudes with long hair, so someone who likes long haired guys might fancy them as that.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 06:49 PM #29

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Originally Posted by montblanc View Post
i think you missed the point
Thats why i am asking a question thanks.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 06:50 PM #30
haunted

Favourites (more):

haunted

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Thats why i am asking a question thanks.
oh sorry i thought you were being sarcastic

Spoiler:

montblanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 06:53 PM #31
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Your understanding of pan is different to mine.

My understanding of bi, is that gender matters. They are sexually attracted to men because they love cock (etc) and women because they love tits (etc), whereas a pansexual can love both of these genders, but not because of their genitals. Genitals arent a factor that they consider when searching for a companion, which is unlike bi people.

Bi people are sexually aroused by men and women, whereas pansexual people do not care if they are men or women, they are instead aroused by their persona, and gender would therefore not matter.

I dont even know if that makes sense, but I cant make a third paragraph on it, thats so extra.

Bi loves men and women because they are men or women, pan love men and women because they are people that they like.
It's just word vomit. A straight person might love tits, but fall in love with a flat chested woman because he loved her personality. That doesn't mean he needs a new made up label, it just means that looks/biological features aren't all that matters.

A bisexual person can be attracted to both sexes, be it for their personalities or features. There's no need to call it "pansexuality" when it's the former.

Old 20-05-2018, 06:58 PM #32
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
It's just word vomit. A straight person might love tits, but fall in love with a flat chested woman because he loved her personality. That doesn't mean he needs a new made up label, it just means that looks/biological features aren't all that matters.

A bisexual person can be attracted to both sexes, be it for their personalities or features. There's no need to call it "pansexuality" when it's the former.
I disagree... if theres anything that umpteen years of Big Brother, and Big Brother forums has taught me, its that plenty of people are sexually attracted to those they despise, pan people won’t relate to that.

Last edited by Withano; 20-05-2018 at 06:58 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 07:00 PM #33
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I disagree... if theres anything that umpteen years of Big Brother, and Big Brother forums has taught me, its that plenty of people are sexually attracted to those they despise, pan people won’t relate to that.
They're more likely to be bisexuals who won't fancy someone they don't like. Straight people can be un-attracted to people of their preferred sex if they have crappy personalities - they don't suddenly have a whole new sexuality.

Old 20-05-2018, 07:03 PM #34

Nope.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 07:04 PM #35
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
I think the difference between them is that bisexual people are attracted to two genders (hence the 'bi'), whereas pansexual preferences are indiscriminate: they don't see gender.

I don't think there's an implication of bisexual transphobia.
It's a pointless and pretentious difference, I'm bisexual and as long as I'm attracted to someone, I don't care what gender they consider themselves.

Quote:
I also disagree with the four sexualities thing because it contradicts my belief in the scale.
If you aren't exclusively attracted to one gender then you're bisexual in my eyes (or asexual if you have no sexual impulses at all obvi).

Quote:
Your understanding of pan is different to mine.

My understanding of bi, is that gender matters. They are sexually attracted to men because they love cock (etc) and women because they love tits (etc), whereas a pansexual can love both of these genders, but not because of their genitals. Genitals arent a factor that they consider when searching for a companion, which is unlike bi people.

Bi people are sexually aroused by men and women, whereas pansexual people do not care if they are men or women, they are instead aroused by their persona, and gender would therefore not matter.

I dont even know if that makes sense, but I cant make a third paragraph on it, thats so extra.

Bi loves men and women because they are men or women, pan love men and women because they are people that they like.
But by that definition it does make bisexuals look transphobic or close minded when I think most bisexuals would be DTF with trans as long as there's a sexual attraction there. I just don't think what would be a personal preference should necessitate the need for a sexuality that does have the effect of making bisexual people, regardless of their preferences, seem transphobic and like a lesser form of pansexuality.

I just find it all very pretentious.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 07:05 PM #36
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They're more likely to be bisexuals who won't fancy someone they don't like. Straight people can be un-attracted to people of their preferred sex if they have crappy personalities - they don't suddenly have a whole new sexuality.
But they’d only be heterosexual if they are sexually attracted to the opposite sex? Not really comparable to somebody who isn’t attracted to a person’s sex.
Old 20-05-2018, 07:06 PM #37

Quote:
Because in 2018, the default label is straight. We're still living in a heteronormative society.
As you'd expect it to be. No matter how open-minded we can be about alternative sexual lifestyles heterosexual's still the bio standardand so it should be.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 07:06 PM #38
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post

But by that definition it does make bisexuals look transphobic or close minded when I think most bisexuals would be DTF with trans as long as there's a sexual attraction there. I just don't think what would be a personal preference should necessitate the need for a sexuality that does have the effect of making bisexual people, regardless of their preferences, seem transphobic and like a lesser form of pansexuality.

I just find it all very pretentious.
I agree, bi people, hetero people etc etc, some are very dtf trans. Thats not the key difference between bi and pan imo.

Quote:

The difference is bi people seeking out both genders because theyre aroused by both genders (may include trans), or pan people seeking out any gender, because they literally can be aroused by any gender depending on their personality (also, may include trans).

Last edited by Withano; 20-05-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Old 20-05-2018, 07:08 PM #39
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
But they’d only be heterosexual if they are sexually attracted to the opposite sex? Not really comparable to somebody who isn’t attracted to a person’s sex.
What do you mean? I said "straight person" and "preferred sex" - there are two genders, and both terms I used are gender neutral, so could apply to either. I'll rephrase then:
A straight woman can find an otherwise attractive man repulsive if he had a crappy personality. She doesn't suddenly have a whole new sexuality just because persona overrode genitals.

Likewise, a bisexual person who prioritizes personality doesn't have a whole new sexuality. It's just for them looks/genitals aren't the most important thing. There's absolutely no need to invent a new label for that.

Old 20-05-2018, 07:10 PM #40
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What do you mean? I said "straight person" and "preferred sex" - there are two genders, and both terms I used are gender neutral, so could apply to either. I'll rephrase then:
A straight woman can find an otherwise attractive man repulsive if he had a crappy personality. She doesn't suddenly have a whole new sexuality just because persona overrode genitals.

Likewise, a bisexual person who prioritizes personality doesn't have a whole new sexuality. It's just for them looks/genitals aren't the most important thing. There's absolutely no need to invent a new label for that.
And a pansexual person isn't fundamentally attracted to a persons sex, so these parallels dont really work.
Old 20-05-2018, 07:12 PM #41
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And a pansexual person isn't fundamentally attracted to a persons sex, so these parallels dont really work.
No, they're a bi person who doesn't care about what sex a potential partner is.

Old 20-05-2018, 07:13 PM #42
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I agree, bi people, hetero people etc etc, some are very dtf trans. Thats not the key difference between bi and pan imo.
That's even worse, it sounds like you're making bi people out to be shallow sex mad maniacs, another problem with the Pansexuality label as it enforces that bisexual stereotype.

I don't think you can explain your way around it, the pansexual label is inherently condescending and outright derogatory to bisexuals, it demeans us, it reduces us to our base extincts and takes away the luxury of preference that other sexualities are seemingly allowed to have without being demeaned by a pretentious alternative.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 07:17 PM #43

Yes, but it's because I call myself Demisexual, so I don't think it would be fair to act like it's nonsense for someone to call themselves Pansexual if that's how they feel. Since I found something I identify so strongly with.
Jessica. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2018, 07:18 PM #44
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
That's even worse, it sounds like you're making bi people out to be shallow sex mad maniacs, another problem with the Pansexuality label as it enforces that bisexual stereotype.

I don't think you can explain your way around it, the pansexual label is inherently condescending and outright derogatory to bisexuals, it demeans us, it reduces us to our base extincts and takes away the luxury of preference that other sexualities are seemingly allowed to have without being demeaned by a pretentious alternative.
Well, I think that what it means? Dont shoot the messenger lol.

Some people are sexually attracted to men because they are men, some people are sexually attracted to women because they are women, bi people are sexually attracted to both, asexual people are sexually attracted to neither, pansexual people are sexually attracted to personality.

I guess people can be sexually attracted to literally anything... even objects or animals... if some people say they are sexually attracted to personalities, instead of persons, then theres a label for that.

Thats my understanding of it anyway. Pans would still want to **** them silly once they find the sexiest persona. They’re no less of a sex-mad-maniac than the average bi, I’d imagine.

Last edited by Withano; 20-05-2018 at 07:21 PM.
Old 20-05-2018, 07:20 PM #45
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica. View Post
Yes, but it's because I call myself Demisexual, so I don't think it would be fair to act like it's nonsense for someone to call themselves Pansexual if that's how they feel. Since I found something I identify so strongly with.
Yeh, i was about to bring up demisexuals too, they are quite similar in a way. Its more to do with romantic attraction than sexual attraction perhaps?
Old 20-05-2018, 07:22 PM #46

Quote:
Yeh, i was about to bring up demisexuals too, they are quite similar in a way. Its more to do with romantic attraction than sexual attraction perhaps?
No, it means you don't find anyone attractive at all, until you build a very strong friendship and emotional connection. You are basically asexual outside of that. So it counts as a branch of asexuality.
Old 20-05-2018, 07:22 PM #47
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

I'm a DemiLovatoSexual. If you don't think that's valid, it's literal hatespeech!!11

Old 20-05-2018, 07:23 PM #48

Quote:
I'm a DemiLovatoSexual. If you don't think that's valid, it's literal hatespeech!!11
Old 20-05-2018, 07:25 PM #49
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica. View Post
Could you potentially fall for both genders, if you struck up the right emotional connection etc?

Old 20-05-2018, 07:26 PM #50
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Post in this thread are really offensive

Why should we have to declare what gender we want? Why can't we let our head and heart decide on the person and not the gender they identify as?

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
pansexuality, thing