Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB4 Cameron, Ray, Scott, Jon Tickle, Nush and the others from Big Brother 4 in 2003.

Old 23-08-2003, 06:07 AM #26
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

The knives are out for love rat (apologies to rats) Scott
Sorry lapsed in to Scum speak there

From the Sun On Line

So Scott is the real villan. The mugger can not be as he is a victim of society and desparately needs a holiday safari to Africa with a social worker.

The villenisation of Scott seems some what familiar but one can not put one's finger on it.
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2003, 03:55 PM #27

Poor Nush I hope she gets better soon!!
Some people have no feelings
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2003, 05:29 PM #28

I saw that Scott story and see no truth in it. Even the Sun put it in a little coloum at the bottom of the page in the middle of the paper thinking it was wasnt really worth a mention Even it it is true Nush had probably told em to go there. As for women being all over them, well they would wouldn't they. Ray was there. This mugging thing as well it seems a bit of a London disease because we don't hear it happening up here in the Liverpool area. Scot wants to bring Nush home up to Liverpool. For all the moans about Scousers, we love our celebs and wouldn't go beating them up after a night out.
steve_o is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2003, 08:12 PM #29
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

According to the Star this has cost Nush £1m.
Old 23-08-2003, 08:22 PM #30

That figure is quoted in THIS SKY NEWS ARTICLE as well.
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2003, 10:04 PM #31

It just gets worse.

My blood is boiling.
AndyJK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2003, 11:45 PM #32
Administrator

Administrator

Quote:
Posted by steve_o
I saw that Scot story and see no truth in it.
Me neither, Steve.

Typical tabloid sensationalism. Scott and Ray go for a drink - they were best mates in the BB house after all - while Nush has her operation . . . . . . . so what?

Sticks, you're absolutely right to point out the comparisons between this story and the down and out utter lies that were printed about Paul being a 'love rat'. We know now for certain that they were complete fabrications (not that we had any doubts at the time!), and I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the same applies in this instance.

I may be green, but I'm no cabbage!
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2003, 12:08 AM #33

Don't know why I keep spelling Scott with one t. It looks like it's something I'm going to have to get used to in the worse circumstance. Get it right steve_o.
Old 24-08-2003, 09:15 AM #34
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Exclusive interview with Nush and Scott in the Sunday Mirror today.

Sorry you will have to buy it as:
[list=1][*]They still have last weeks paper on their website[*]The page is too big for my scanner [*]Mirror Group Newspaper lawyers do not want me breaching copyright by putting it up here.[/list=1]
Old 24-08-2003, 09:46 AM #35
Jolly good

Jolly good

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/news/content_objectid=13327067

Quote:
NUSH: MY HELL

Aug 24 2003

EXCLUSIVE: WOUNDED NUSH FIGHTS AGONY AND VOWS..

By James Saville

BRUISED and battered, Big Brother star Nush Nowak relived the horror of her violent street mugging as she lay in agony in hospital yesterday.

She fought back tears as she spoke of her terrible ordeal after undergoing a gruelling eight-hour operation to fix a broken thigh bone and shattered kneecap.

But she vowed defiantly: "I'm not going to let this animal ruin my life."

I was invited to visit Nush, 23, at London's Royal Free Hospital by her family. There she told me about the moment the ruthless thug pounced on her "like an express train" as she walked home with Big Brother housemate Scott Turner after a night out in North London.

Her attacker leapt out at her from a garden and ripped her bag from her shoulder, sending her tumbling on to the pavement. He then jumped into a waiting car which zoomed off.

"I've never been so frightened in all my life," she said. "It sent me into a massive state of shock and I was trembling all over.

"What has the world come to when someone has to stoop this low just for a mobile phone and £20?"

Nush's injuries are so painful she is still on a morphine pump which she says makes her feel "spaced out".

Doctors say the spiral fracture to her femur is so severe she will not be able to put weight on it for up to eight weeks.

"They have put a 12-inch metal rod right through my thigh bone along with pins to keep it all in place and there's wire in my knee," said Nush. "I'm likely to have to live with these in my leg for the rest of my life."

As she spoke emotionally in her private room she bore little resemblance to the bubbly Nush millions came to love on the Channel 4 reality show earlier this summer.

She lifted her arm to show me a huge black and blue bruise. It seems that only now is the full horror of last Wednesday's savage mugging finally hitting her.

"I saw this young black man come out of a front garden and felt an almighty tug on my right shoulder," she said. "The mugger yanked my bag down with such force it sent me tumbling to the ground.

"My whole weight went bang on to my left knee as I landed on the pavement. There was a sickening cracking sound and a searing, unbelievable pain.

"It was like an express train had hit me. It was so quick and sudden.

"As I laid on the floor, I remember thinking, 'I want to lift my leg but I can't'. I could feel the break as I tried. It was an awful sensation. I knew something was seriously wrong because my leg sticking out at a weird angle. The pain was unbearable. I was screaming and in floods of tears. I lay there shaking and couldn't believe what had happened. I still can't now."

Nush told how Scott tried to chase the attacker but was foiled when the man jumped into a waiting car. Her Big Brother pal then called for an ambulance and she was taken straight to A & E.

"They were giving me oxygen because the pain was so unbearable. I swore at the top of my voice. I felt I had to say sorry to other patients afterwards because I'd been shouting so much. An X-ray confirmed that I'd broken my femur."

Three hours later she was taken into the operating theatre for emergency surgery.

Meanwhile Scott phoned her parents who quickly drove from the family home in Malvern, Worcs, leaving her younger brother Joe with friends.

"We were just frantic with worry," said mum Elzbieta, a staff nurse. "But it looks like the operation was successful and Nush is a real fighter anyway.

"I didn't expect her to be able to talk for several hours after the operation. But typical her, she phoned me from the recovery room as soon as she woke up."

Stepdad David Shields added: "She will be bouncing back before we know it - she's being really brave and philosophical - we are proud of her."

Nush was given a combination of morphine and pethidine to numb the pain after the op. But she said: "I'm still in constant throbbing pain." Her thigh bone was broken by a sudden twist rather than a snap, and her kneecap was shattered during the fall.

Nush said her night out with fellow Big Brother contestants started happily.

"Myself, Scott, John Tickle and Gos all got together for a bit of a reunion drink along with members of the production team," she said.

They met in a bar in Islington to watch the England v Croatia soccer match. From there, they went to a nearby nightclub.

"We stayed until about 2am. John and Gos decided to leave but Scott and I went on to another club in Soho with one of the show's editors. I have been staying at my aunt's in Kentish Town and told Scott he was welcome to sleep on the couch. We got a taxi there but jumped out along the main street to go to the 24-hour store because we were starving hungry.

"It was only a five-minute walk back to the flat. We were walking on the right-hand side of a dimly-lit street with Scott nearest to the road when it happened. It was a fantastic night and I never imagined it would end like this...it hasn't sunk in."

Detectives believe it was a carefully calculated crime carried out away from CCTV cameras. Nush's Indian embroidered shoulder bag contained her purse with around £20, a Nokia mobile phone and a selection of Polaroid photographs.

"One was of me and Scott together in Cyprus. It made me laugh to look at because we were just mucking around when it was taken."

Despite their obvious close friendship both Nush and Scott yesterday denied they are lovers.

"We're getting really fed up with all the speculation we are boyfriend and girlfriend," said Nush. "We are not. Scott is a really good friend and that it how it is staying."

Scott added: "Why can't people get the message? It's getting beyond a joke."

NUSH'S blossoming showbiz career has been dealt a massive setback by the attack."I had just got an offer to present a show for MTV as well as a yoga video," she said.

"I just hope that people will understand the situation and give me a chance when I'm better. I can't let this ruin my future.

Nush fears the gang had been told she was staying in the area

"It's quite possible they knew who I was. I believe the getaway car must have driven past as we were walking and dropped off the mugger so he could get into position.

"This will make me think twice about going out in London. I hoped to move here for good, but if I do I will have to get a flatmate or two."

Nush doesn't know how long she will have to stay in hospital. "People here have been great and I've had so many visits," she said. "I'm still a bit dazed but I'm so grateful."

Yesterday the Sunday Mirror took Scott back to the scene of the attack as police made a special appeal for witnesses.

Liverpudlian Scott, 28, said: "I feel like I should have done more. I tried to chase them but it was no use - I'm just gutted I couldn't have stopped it happening.

"The whole thing has been a living nightmare. I caught a good glimpse of the culprit so I'm praying the police can catch him and bring him to justice. He was 5ft 7in, quite petite and wore dark clothing.

"At the time I was more concerned about Nush. She was lying in the road, screaming in agony. I had to dial 999 but I didn't know what road I was on so I had to sprint down to the bottom to find out then sprint back up.

"I didn't like leaving Nush for those few seconds but I had no option. I could tell how serious it was by how much pain she was in. I just remember her swearing at the top of her voice. I had her blood all over my shirt. I felt so sorry for her. I stayed all night at the hospital. I felt I couldn't leave until her parents had arrived."

Det Sgt Andy Thomas, who is leading the investigation, said: "We're doing everything we can to catch this brute."

He urged anyone who had seen or heard anything in relation to the attack - which happened in the Leighton Road area - to call the robbery squad on 0208 733 6906.

How her leg was mended

DURING Nush's eight-hour operation surgeons removed her kneecap. A hole was then drilled through her femur - thigh bone - and a 12-inch titanium rod was passed down the inside of the bone.

The rod was then bolted in place with two short pins (inset). Meanwhile her kneecap was put back together and held in place by wire.

Nush will have a scar on her knee and four on her thigh.
I think the insinuations in The Sun's story are a load of rubbish as well by the way. The Sun is probably jealous that a rival newspaper has the exclusive story.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2003, 10:17 AM #36

I find it a bit odd that the Mirror has so much information on this and an "exclusive" story.

Although I am pleased to find out a bit more about how Nush is doing, I am also slightly unnerved about some of the content - e.g. why the whole thing about Scott sleeping on the sofa and the denial about them being boyfriend and girlfriend coming up again???
kaphc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2003, 05:28 PM #37

As long as Nush gets better I'm not botherd anymore about the in's and out's about weather there going out together. I'm glad of the news, and I'm glad they've given a newspaper the story. Even if it is bad news, at least we know a bit more of what happened. I just hope that the people who were going to give her a job eg MTV give her a chance and wait until she's better. I also hope that as it's been in the paper it might jog someone's conscience about who the low life was who did this to her. It's really p***** me off how anyone can stoop so low. Nush who wouldn't hurt anyone of all people.
Old 24-08-2003, 08:15 PM #38
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Sorry but I can not see any of the companies like MTV waiting. They are not charities.

I suspect in a few weeks or months time, Nush will be having to hobble to the Job centre to sign on. There they will not believe she is unfit for work.

I remember that a job centre in 1993 told a lady who had been on long term sick that she could get work as a nude model at the local art college.

Oh and the mugger will get a nice expenses paid holiday to Africa because of how he had a deprived upbringing
Old 25-08-2003, 03:45 PM #39

Quote:
I find it a bit odd that the Mirror has so much information on this and an "exclusive" story
Quite right. It would be nice to feel that you could believe what is written in the tabloids nowadays.

I hope the facts in this article are true.

There are alot of people out there genuinely concerned for Nush.

Hope you are getting a bit better with each new day, Nush.
Di2001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
mugging, nush, terror