Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB 1 - 5 Celebrity Big Brother series 1 to 5 from 2001-2008.

Old 21-01-2009, 08:42 PM #26

Quote:
Originally posted by JDIZZEL
Quote:
Originally posted by Glenn
Please try and stay on topic - post removed - Red
I concur.
I believe they are, if you dont then thats your opinion, but I dont see why the need to having a go at forum members for them having an opinion
bradley27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 08:45 PM #27

Favourites:
The Apprentice 2013: Jason
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by ukturtle
1. Firstly, There are just as many British people who don't know much about WW1 and 2.
1. OH DEAR GOD?! How can a person in Britain NOT know unless they are very stupid/very ignorant/under 10 years old? In fact, I learnt it in year 4, and it's on the key stage 2 syllabus, so every child SHOULD know about the war. Maybe not all the facts but, jeeeez.

Oh and I have not watched this celeb big brother once, but if this Verne really DIDN'T know about Germany losing WWII then I really am shocked.
SiaSiaSia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 08:47 PM #28

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by 30stone
Id expect both of them to know what happened but i don't think not knowing makes them thicko's.

Enough people don't know, but they should be taught.
another good post by mr 30stone xx
Old 21-01-2009, 08:48 PM #29

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
What I dont understand is why you keep starting pointless threads. If you dont have anything constructive to put forward to anyone on this forum then dont bother at all, your getting tedious to say the least.
I concur.
I don't.
1) This forum is very, very boring at the moment so I hardly doubt it could be made more tedious
2) Bradley has the right to post what he likes (Within reason), and just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean he shouldn't bother. This isn't some sort of elitist website you know. If you don't like his posts, ignore him. Simple.
Old 21-01-2009, 08:49 PM #30
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by SiaSiaSia
Quote:
1. Firstly, There are just as many British people who don't know much about WW1 and 2.
1. OH DEAR GOD?! How can a person in Britain NOT know unless they are very stupid/very ignorant/under 10 years old? In fact, I learnt it in year 4, and it's on the key stage 2 syllabus, so every child SHOULD know about the war. Maybe not all the facts but, jeeeez.

Oh and I have not watched this celeb big brother once, but if this Verne really DIDN'T know about Germany losing WWII then I really am shocked.

People SHOULD know, I'm not arguing with that, But a lot of British people don't know many facts about WW1 and 2. Obviusly they know Germany lost, but for some, thats all they know about it.
Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 08:52 PM #31
Jen

Jen

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What I dont understand is why you keep starting pointless threads. If you dont have anything constructive to put forward to anyone on this forum then dont bother at all, your getting tedious to say the least.
I concur.
I don't.
1) This forum is very, very boring at the moment so I hardly doubt it could be made more tedious
2) Bradley has the right to post what he likes (Within reason), and just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean he shouldn't bother. This isn't some sort of elitist website you know. If you don't like his posts, ignore him. Simple.
Your opinion.
I'm just sick of threads that are very much alike made by the same person... they can be merged. It truly annoys me. Oh and I do.. I have ignored Bradley already.
Jen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 09:07 PM #32

Favourites:
BB11: Corin

Favourites:

Have you ever been to a American School?

You probably haven't been so you cant say "Maybe if history was told in America there wouldnt be so much ignorance."

History is tout in America but they have lots of History to Teach with all of the States and Other Countries they can't cover everything.

You also said "shut up you thick Americans and go and learn your history."

I say you shut up and get your facts right
Chri$ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 09:28 PM #33

Quote:
Originally posted by stonedape
This is Big Brother. I doubt Nikki or Charley know who lost WWI either, but we forgive them because they are so damn entertaining. If you want world history, go watch Jeopardy.
I dont forgive them, couldnt stand either of them. They are an embarassment to this country. Although I wouldnt have said Nikki was thick or ignorant, just plain old nasty and manipulative
Old 21-01-2009, 09:29 PM #34

Quote:
Quote:

Firstly, sad as it may seem, although I dont think it is many, there are no doubt quite a sizeable minority that dont know.

As for Verne I think it was WW1 rather than 2, not that it makes it that much better
Old 21-01-2009, 09:35 PM #35

Quote:

What I dont understand is why do you Respond to them if you think they are pointless .
Mr.X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 09:36 PM #36

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I concur.
I don't.
thank you. I dont know why others have to get personal. I have been to America quite a few times and have American relatives and friends, and I can tell you they are as a nation very ignorant of world events and world history. You rarely get any world news out there unless it involves Americans abroad.

My American friends and family always say the biggest thing when they are over here is how they are able to hear about whats going on in the world. It has improved with BBC World on cable out there, but the vast majority of Americans, especially outside of the major cities, still have no grasp of world events or world history and thats in the main because they are educated to believe that Americans did everything and won both wars as a favour for us, rather than in both cases being dragged into a war they didnt want to help out in. They believe it was America and the others that beat Germany, rather than the Allies including America for the last half that won. And thats why they have the attitude they have.
Old 21-01-2009, 09:37 PM #37

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

People SHOULD know, I'm not arguing with that, But a lot of British people don't know many facts about WW1 and 2. Obviusly they know Germany lost, but for some, thats all they know about it.
which at least seems to be more than Verne knows
Old 21-01-2009, 09:38 PM #38

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I concur.
I don't.
Your opinion.
I'm just sick of threads that are very much alike made by the same person... they can be merged. It truly annoys me. Oh and I do.. I have ignored Bradley already.
yet you are on a thread I started and commenting about it...... I'm sorry I dont understand
Old 21-01-2009, 09:40 PM #39
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Chri$

You probably haven't been so you cant say "Maybe if history was told in America there wouldnt be so much ignorance."

History is tout in America but they have lots of History to Teach with all of the States and Other Countries they can't cover everything.

I know right? American istory is so wierd! I can hardly remember it but I remember talking about the presedents and stuff lol
Ninastar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 09:41 PM #40
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe they didnt likve in the uk at the time?? ( like me lol)
Ninastar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 09:42 PM #41

Quote:

actually I have been to an American school as part of an exchange and I have American relatives and friends and do know that mostly Americans are ignorant of world facts. You disagree with me then prove my point by saying they dont have time to learn it as they are "taught" American history. And was part of my point.

Unfortunately the only bit of world history they do get taught causes the ignorance and incorrect comments we heard from LaToya and Verne tonight and is why Americans are generally viewed that way around the world
Old 21-01-2009, 09:45 PM #42

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninastar
Quote:

I know right? American istory is so wierd! I can hardly remember it but I remember talking about the presedents and stuff lol
The one good thing that is taught in America is having pride in their country but unfortunately they teach it in such a way as to diminsh others
Old 21-01-2009, 09:51 PM #43

Quote:
Originally posted by bradley27
Quote:

actually I have been to an American school as part of an exchange and I have American relatives and friends and do know that mostly Americans are ignorant of world facts. You disagree with me then prove my point by saying they dont have time to learn it as they are "taught" American history. And was part of my point.

Unfortunately the only bit of world history they do get taught causes the ignorance and incorrect comments we heard from LaToya and Verne tonight and is why Americans are generally viewed that way around the world

The US is the most hated country in the world, go figure
Mr.X is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 09:52 PM #44
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I concur.
I believe they are, if you dont then thats your opinion, but I dont see why the need to having a go at forum members for them having an opinion
You are within every right to have an opinion, but I am entitled to challenge it. All you have caused is another bickering thread over a pointless topic, when really you could of just posted in the highlights topis at the time.
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 09:52 PM #45
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.X
Quote:
Quote:

The US is the most hated country in the world, go figure
England isn't far behind though, I think we are just as hated.
Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 10:00 PM #46

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ninastar
Quote:

The one good thing that is taught in America is having pride in their country but unfortunately they teach it in such a way as to diminsh others
Actually I have been in my school for 4 Months and we have Learnt about Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, UK, Italy, Germany and a Few More.

They teach about the US and Other countries.
Chri$ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 10:02 PM #47
Classic

Classic

But yeah but no! iNiT!!

World War 2 came to an end with the fall of the Berlin wall.

And the Roman Empire fell in the 15th AD not the 5th AD..

There is alot of people that don't know history.
andyman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 10:10 PM #48
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Andy, your avatar disturbs me.
lily. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-01-2009, 11:54 PM #49
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally posted by Linda
Andy, your avatar disturbs me.