Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2022, 08:57 PM #476
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Well I totally agree with this woman….
Brave and totally rinsed that "charity worker"
Old 03-12-2022, 08:57 PM #477
Not like us.

Not like us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Have you seen the South Park Political Theory? It's something i happen to believe. Very much centralist, that can lean either left or right depending on circumstance.

I know you hate the centralist, but we agree with you leftist on a lot more than you think. We just sometimes happen to ask the question. And are not blinded by political agendas from either side.

Funny the left hate the centralists, as at least 75% of the time we agree with you. All or nothing i guess. Not wonderfully democratic!
Haven't seen it, but I'll check it out.

I don't hate centrists, It's just become a label these days given to generally centre-right political opinions, and is just another way to enable tories.

I have little respect for tories, but I have even less for tories who pretend they're not tories, like Starmer and his new new labour party.

The only way to improve society for the better is to do something different than the capitalism of the last half century, and neither of the 2 parties are interested in anything other than business as usual.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:00 PM #478

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
What exactly’s that got to do with racism?
What exactly does being against animal abuse have to do with being against racism? You made the weird connection, i didn't. Maybe have a look at yourself if you're comparing animal abuse to racism. Says more about you than it does me?

Both things are completely underrated.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:03 PM #479
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
What exactly does being against animal abuse have to do with being against racism? You made the weird connection, i didn't. Maybe have a look at yourself if you're comparing animal abuse to racism. Says more about you than it does me?

well said swan

strong points made
Old 03-12-2022, 09:03 PM #480

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Well I totally agree with this woman….
https://youtu.be/GhHIzoqlg0c

^

on the other hand Nana also says this and I’m sure the likes of LeatherTrumpet are going to draw the line at that. He doesn’t seem to even believe white-black racism still exists.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude, don’t go hanging on to negativity and don’t go underselling yourself. That is all.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:05 PM #481

Quote:

The fact that there’s a question-mark there completely gives away the game that this is deliberate ‘subtle’ reverse-bait. You’re not really sure of anything you’re saying here, are you?

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude, don’t go hanging on to negativity and don’t go underselling yourself. That is all.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:07 PM #482
Not like us.

Not like us.

Riddle me this, if her version is unsubstantiated, why did she resign without challenging that version, and why did both the family and her godson condemn her remarks?
Old 03-12-2022, 09:11 PM #483

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
well said swan

strong points made
You wouldn’t know a strong argument if a barrister come up to you and whacked you with Mike Tyson’s gloves.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:12 PM #484

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
Haven't seen it, but I'll check it out.

I don't hate centrists, It's just become a label these days given to generally centre-right political opinions, and is just another way to enable tories.

I have little respect for tories, but I have even less for tories who pretend they're not tories, like Starmer and his new new labour party.

The only way to improve society for the better is to do something different than the capitalism of the last half century, and neither of the 2 parties are interested in anything other than business as usual.
That's fair. But you hammer Wes, which is fine, you see him as a Tory, that's up to you. I see him more of a Centre Left who could maybe be a bit more open minded. Because what the left are doing with Keir right now isn't working. I've admitted to you before i was wrong about Corbyn. I don't think he's a bad person, sometimes misled, but over all i can see the good in a number of his policies. I've also expressed my disdain for most Tories. I would never vote Tory. But as it stands i would never vote Labour either.

Anyway, without getting too deep. I feel the left struggle because so many want to see injustice when it isn't really there, the Central leaning person asks questions = Left "RACIST, PHOBE" The Right = "you make a fair point"

A tactical change and all that. Politics is the art of the possible. The Left continue to ask for the impossible. And berate those who question them, and brand them you know what
Old 03-12-2022, 09:15 PM #485

There’ll be people in the pub. tonight choking on their vodka-dipped naan bread laughing at the amount of ignorance displayed on this thread.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:17 PM #486

Wetherspoons had-better have a few ambulances on speed-dial. Some of the poor sods in there will need that and a certified Heimlich maneuver professional tonight.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:18 PM #487

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
The fact that there’s a question-mark there completely gives away the game that this is deliberate ‘subtle’ reverse-bait. You’re not really sure of anything you’re saying here, are you?
Im 100% sure of everything i post, and that's why instead of addressing some of the very understanding and sympathetic posts i made on this subject, you go after me with unrelated to bait, like animal abuse because you're all out of ideas and intellect to deal with actual discussion you don't agree with!

I never baited you, you telling me i feel more strongly about animal abuse than i do racism was pure bait. But people like you don't worry me, because people like you are looking for ONE answer in a situations with many questions.

Narrow mindedness is a poor trait, mate.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:19 PM #488

Eat your food and drink your drink safely, lads and ladettes out there reading this sorry-thread. This ignorance ain’t worth the laughter.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:21 PM #489
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
There’ll be people in the pub. tonight choking on their vodka-dipped naan bread laughing at the amount of ignorance displayed on this thread.
Im pretty sure the pub crowd have your firmly on ignore rerway

Old 03-12-2022, 09:22 PM #490

Quote:
Im 100% sure of everything i post, and that's why instead of addressing some of the very understanding and sympathetic posts i made on this subject, you go after me with unrelated to bait, like animal abuse because you're all out of ideas and intellect to deal with actual discussion you don't agree with!

I never baited you, you telling me i feel more strongly about animal abuse than i do racism was pure bait. But people like you don't worry me, because people like you are looking for ONE answer in a situations with many questions.

Narrow mindedness is a poor trait, mate.
I hear there’s an unexpected surplus of Christmas turkeys doing the rounds in most shops for discounted prices. Get yourself one, use it for Sunday rice/roast and ditch the veganism for one weekend, maybe.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:24 PM #491

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Wetherspoons had-better have a few ambulances on speed-dial. Some of the poor sods in there will need that and a certified Heimlich maneuver professional tonight.
Quote:
Eat your food and drink your drink safely, lads and ladettes out there reading this sorry-thread. This ignorance ain’t worth the laughter.
Insults when intellectual, multiple opinions are put forth. Instead of addressing with respectable argument and debate. Toys are thrown from ones pram!!

Typical behaviour from those with narrow minds!
Old 03-12-2022, 09:24 PM #492
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
Riddle me this, if her version is unsubstantiated, why did she resign without challenging that version, and why did both the family and her godson condemn her remarks?
Never complain, never explain, it was easier for her to take it on the chin, I’m sure at 83 you would do the same, throw yourself under the bus for the sake of it, she has not been at the Queens side for 60 years and not learned how to handle things, it’s not like she is going to rock up on Lorraine to give her side is it

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 03-12-2022 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:25 PM #493

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Im pretty sure the pub crowd have your firmly on ignore rerway

Even-so, I’d rather be ignored than laugh-mocked for astounding ignorance. At least every other person who’s posted on this thread has had at least something vaguely reasonable and honest to say. Yours are just pure bait. I won’t call you the r.-word but at the end of the day by one’s fruits we shall know one.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:26 PM #494

Quote:
Insults when intellectual, multiple opinions are put forth. Instead of addressing with respectable argument and debate. Toys are thrown from ones pram!!

Typical behaviour from those with narrow minds!
I’ve been one of the more intellectual voices on this thread. At this point I’m just tired and having a bit of fun. I’d relax if I were you.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:27 PM #495
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

what i don't understand is what the charity worker thinks she can achieve from it. It's a lady in her 80's that she has called out for not being in tune with the current times. It's a lone, isolated, old woman that she has targeted, which really isn't a good look no matter what side of the debate you are on.

If the objective is to call out old people who will be gone soon enough, i guess it's job done. If it's intending to affect the views of young people, they will be looking to their own grandparents and thinking they wouldn't want them vilified, so yeah, what's her objective
Old 03-12-2022, 09:27 PM #496

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
I hear there’s an unexpected surplus of Christmas turkeys doing the rounds in most shops for discounted prices. Get yourself one, use it for Sunday rice/roast and ditch the veganism for one weekend, maybe.
Please stop asking to be embarrassed.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:28 PM #497
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
Please stop asking to be embarrassed.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:29 PM #498
Not like us.

Not like us.

Quote:
That's fair. But you hammer Wes, which is fine, you see him as a Tory, that's up to you. I see him more of a Centre Left who could maybe be a bit more open minded. Because what the left are doing with Keir right now isn't working. I've admitted to you before i was wrong about Corbyn. I don't think he's a bad person, sometimes misled, but over all i can see the good in a number of his policies. I've also expressed my disdain for most Tories. I would never vote Tory. But as it stands i would never vote Labour either.

Anyway, without getting too deep. I feel the left struggle because so many want to see injustice when it isn't really there, the Central leaning person asks questions = Left "RACIST, PHOBE" The Right = "you make a fair point"

A tactical change and all that. Politics is the art of the possible. The Left continue to ask for the impossible. And berate those who question them, and brand them you know what
You've just placed your inherent biases into that framing, which is fine, but just be aware that you're doing it, and that it isn't neutral observation.

Corbyn wasn't misled. he stood on his platform, a great platform by the way that would actually address many of the issues the country faces, especially today. But we got may and Johnson instead. that's democracy. Offering the same things as tories, is not a strategy that will work, when the actual tories are prepared to pander to the even more base instincts of the right. It was the labour right that worked to prevent Corbyn winning in 17, when he had a chance in a non-brexit election. That is a fact that can be proved as labour files and internal documents over years have been released.

Socialism is an economic philosophy, the rest is just nonsense.
Old 03-12-2022, 09:30 PM #499
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
what i don't understand is what the charity worker thinks she can achieve from it. It's a lady in her 80's that she has called out for not being in tune with the current times. It's a lone, isolated, old woman that she has targeted, which really isn't a good look no matter what side of the debate you are on.

If the objective is to call out old people who will be gone soon enough, i guess it's job done. If it's intending to affect the views of young people, they will be looking to their own grandparents and thinking they wouldn't want them vilified, so yeah, what's her objective
and "in charge" of a charity

chilling

Old 03-12-2022, 09:30 PM #500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post

I don’t think Ngozi’s deliberately trying to vilify anyone but at the end of the day she had an experience that was quite painful to her and she wants to talk about it. Supposing she’s telling nothing but the non-biased truth (and of that I have little doubt) and this challenges (if not publicly weeds out) some of the prejudiced attitudes other people have at Buckingham Palace, I suppose that’ll be mission-accomplished. Some things really do need to be talked about and racism, merely alleged or not, is one of them. I don’t think it was her intention for an old lady to get the boot.

Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
africa, black, country, friend, godmother, insulted, lady, part, prince, resigns, royal, staff, william