Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 25-07-2016, 02:27 AM #1
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

I would think housing prices would be the least of Brexit's primary concern but I'm not well-informed on the topic tbh. I know some of the disagreements parallel issues we are working through within our own culture. It's much easier to just leave an a physical location here and find an affordable place to live in a rural location and still have room to grow. So housing prices aren't covered as closely as other areas such as job/salary growth. Most people seem to fall in line with the same thinking in Ammi's post.

I wonder if our own country will be put under such a similar scrutiny with regards to the economy after the national election is over. So many predictions going back and forth about the effect socially and politically, (especially in the case if Trump is elected), but the economy has only been loosely covered compared to those two areas even though it's just as relevant to the health of a country.

It's clear both our cultures are going through a dramatic shift from the status quo, sped up by social media and by new wave politics. A lot will have changed before things things settle and start to feel normal again. It's easy to get upset about it, but I find it reassuring because if you ask me, we were all becoming too complacent in an environment that is ever changing and we needed to get serious about discussing these issues and quit sugarcoating our own culture.

In Brexit's case, the vote did not go one side's preferred direction, but this is a chance to remove global interdependence and to more concretely define and develop one's own cultural lines and value systems further beyond fluffy ideals and arbitrary standpoints.

At least I can say this for the US, we have been bystanders in our own destiny for far too long due to the public's complacency and it can only be a good thing to have a public so emotionally and spiritually involved in it's future.

So much going on in Europe and US. It looks bad, but I think that ultimately it will be beneficial for us or in the very least, create experiences to draw from in which we can improve... (as may be the case if the US elects Trump).

I'll let you know if my home's worth drops dramatically in price here if Trump is elected.

Last edited by Maru; 25-07-2016 at 02:32 AM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
boosts, eu, exist, house, prices