Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2021, 08:28 PM #976

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Careful now having an opinion there. You may get done for slander
Lets hope the person charging me is being paid for the privilege and not just some power hungry has been.eh..
Old 12-03-2021, 08:32 PM #977

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

A big tell tale sign...

Meghan being interviewed first..alone, and not as this loving couple.

Sad ginger sacks having to come in later all grovelling like to hoover up her fakeness...

Fake fake fake..
Old 12-03-2021, 08:41 PM #978

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
No, I was not even 'possibly' insinuating that. I was saying he knows Andrew allegedly has a penchant for young girls and he is his favourite uncle. End of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Ain't I allowed to form my own opinion?

bet you wrote to jimmy saville!

Am I right?

Saville was before my time actually, but go off .
Old 12-03-2021, 08:41 PM #979

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

So the conversation about the titles and colour of skin and security etc...came before she was pregnant.

Hence her calling the subject, it. Rather than archie.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:01 PM #980
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
So you just hung around and said nowt as she spewed her bile..how cowardly are you.
I was a guest of someone else attending, we weren't there to speak, just to listen.
We were NOT the only people there.

ALSO there's nothing cowardly about me thank you very much.
How insulting to say that.

Last edited by joeysteele; 12-03-2021 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:33 PM #981
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Blame lockdown, boredom and nobody else to argue with TS.
Myself I find it quite funny how people are getting their knickers in a twist about nothing.
That’s TiBB for you!

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Old 12-03-2021, 11:43 PM #982

Old 13-03-2021, 05:30 AM #983
Adios

Adios

6 whole pages? Have they nothing better to print?

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Old 13-03-2021, 05:55 AM #984
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post
It's a pity that publication is allowed to be in print never mind cover anything.
Old 13-03-2021, 06:13 AM #985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn. View Post

I wonder if newspaper reporters ever go on to being screen play writers ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 13-03-2021, 06:45 AM #986
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
I wonder if newspaper reporters ever go on to being screen play writers ??

...’go on to be..’..?.....
Old 13-03-2021, 08:01 AM #987

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Jennie Bond's thoughts so similar to many of ours on here:

Finding peace is simple, Harry: step out of the spotlight.
The Sussexes’ interview with Oprah Winfrey today will only keep the couple in the public eye. Their pleas for privacy are a joke

Jennie Bond
Sunday March 07 2021, 12.01am, The Sunday Times

As the Duke of Edinburgh lies in his hospital bed, Prince Harry might have done well to heed the advice his grandfather has regularly handed out to his family: “Don’t talk about yourself, talk about everything else. Nobody’s interested in you.” Oprah Winfrey would beg to differ. And she is undoubtedly right.
We are all curtain-twitchers at heart, and her much-anticipated interview with Harry and Meghan, which will air in America today and here tomorrow, promises us the chance to peek over the palace walls and hear about the skulduggery within.

But aside from that, what is the point of the two-hour special? We know the couple were unhappy in their royal life, that they found the press coverage “toxic” and that they fled to America to protect their mental health.
It is five years since Harry authorised a palace statement complaining about the press targeting Meghan, and pinpointing the racist and sexist overtones of comment pieces and social media posts. It is almost 18 months since they blew the goodwill created by a successful tour of southern Africa with another explosive statement and an interview with ITV’s Tom Bradby.
The couple complaining about their lot in life, and the fact that no one had asked whether Meghan was “OK”, as the duchess praised Bradby for doing, sat badly with the suffering and abject poverty they had witnessed in preceding days.

I must admit I expected the main thrust of the Sussexes’ complaints to be against the media. But it seems now that Meghan, at least, is prepared to go further and attack “the Firm” as well. Oprah has done her job.
And yet I am still bewildered by the couple’s motive. People have asked me what my first question would be if I had somehow landed the interview. It would be: “Why the hell are you doing this? Go away, be private, live your lives in peace. That’s what you have begged for ... now just do it!”
It’s hard to take their pleas for privacy seriously when they have chosen to move to California: Celeb Central and the favourite hunting ground of the paparazzi. Even so, they could keep a low profile if they were careful, but they insist on popping up every other day on TV, radio and podcasts.

They want to control their own narrative and will work only with handpicked journalists. Fair enough. But then we hear they have signed multimillion-dollar deals with Netflix and Spotify — both of which will demand their pound of flesh and publicity.
With Prince Philip ill, the timing could hardly be worse. But, having signed the deal, Harry and Meghan have ceded control — which is the one thing they have fought so hard to capture.

And so the battle lines will be redrawn. There will be an interesting few months ahead as the Queen and duke turn, respectively, 95 and 100. And in July, Harry is due to join William in unveiling a statue of their mother to mark what would have been her 60th birthday. Will he be there? Will he be welcome? The curtains will be twitching again.
Oprah’s interview will be a sensation and will command a huge global audience. But it may not gain this troubled couple public sympathy. What is certain is that it will once again shine an unforgiving spotlight on every aspect of their lives. It is a strange way to go about securing the privacy, compassion and kindness they say they crave.
Old 13-03-2021, 08:04 AM #988
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

good article.

I read that 13 of the 30 so headlines they flashed up to highlight "the toxic UK media" were from USA and Australian newspapers

Old 13-03-2021, 08:30 AM #989
-

-

I've already explained why wanting privacy doesn't mean they want to be completely out of public life, and why saying "we want privacy" clearly does not mean "we want to become hermits" and that privacy, in this context, actually means having some agency and control over which aspects of life to share and which to keep private.

Maybe Jenny would benefit from coming to Tibb and reading some of my posts...? I don't like to think of her sitting there so confused and frustrated . Pop her an e-mail invitation, Jet?
Old 13-03-2021, 08:31 AM #990

Prince Charles and Queen Elizabeth II are not seeing eye to eye in terms of the Prince Harry and Meghan Markle interview with Oprah Winfrey that has sent tremours down Buckingham Palace.

As per Us Weekly, the mother-son have approaches that are poles apart in regards to how they should be tackling the royal crisis at hand.

An insider revealed to the portal: “Charles and the Queen had very different plans for how to respond. Charles wanted to rebuke every claim made by Meghan and Harry and the Queen wanted to take a more modest approach.”

The grapevine further shared that the 72-year-old Prince of Wales “especially wanted to make a statement against the allegation that someone in the royal family was worried about how dark Archie’s skin would be” but he was “overruled by other members of the family.”

Old 13-03-2021, 08:37 AM #991
-

-

"No one was WORRIED about the skin colour, that's outrageous! Yes I asked what colour any baby might be and produced the Family Guy Peter Griffin Colour Chart Meme, but I wasn't Worried, that is a total lie, it was top bants and 5 years ago Harry would have pissed his pants laughing! Damn that Markle woman!!" protested Charls

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 13-03-2021 at 08:38 AM.
Old 13-03-2021, 08:42 AM #992

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I've already explained why wanting privacy doesn't mean they want to be completely out of public life, and why saying "we want privacy" clearly does not mean "we want to become hermits" and that privacy, in this context, actually means having some agency and control over which aspects of life to share and which to keep private.

Maybe Jenny would benefit from coming to Tibb and reading some of my posts...? I don't like to think of her sitting there so confused and frustrated . Pop her an e-mail invitation, Jet?
Nobody has said they should live like hermits. Nobody. Ever.
Old 13-03-2021, 08:44 AM #993
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:

yes TS but its the wanton failure to accept the reality of fame

they cant have selective privacy and then pick and choose when they want to use the media for financial gain. In Hollywood, there are very professional numerous freelance expert photographers who make their corn by snapping the likes of these 2 and its very,very worthwhile to do so. A good shot of either outwith an arranged photoshoot is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars currently.

At the moment they have zero goodwill with the written press in this country so they will have no compunction to use what is offered to them unlike say Simon Cowell who, if an unflattering pic or story was about to be run would probaly get a call from the editor prior to see what they can deal.
Old 13-03-2021, 08:53 AM #994
-

-

Quote:
Nobody has said they should live like hermits. Nobody. Ever.
Jenny Bond did Jet that's why I said you should invite her on here for a chat

"Finding peace is simple, Harry: step out of the spotlight.

The Sussexes’ interview with Oprah Winfrey today will only keep the couple in the public eye. Their pleas for privacy are a joke"

Its never too late to learn something new.
Old 13-03-2021, 08:57 AM #995
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
yes TS but its the wanton failure to accept the reality of fame

they cant have selective privacy and then pick and choose when they want to use the media for financial gain. In Hollywood, there are very professional numerous freelance expert photographers who make their corn by snapping the likes of these 2 and its very,very worthwhile to do so. A good shot of either outwith an arranged photoshoot is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars currently.

At the moment they have zero goodwill with the written press in this country so they will have no compunction to use what is offered to them unlike say Simon Cowell who, if an unflattering pic or story was about to be run would probaly get a call from the editor prior to see what they can deal.
They seem outwardly to be happier, and express vocally being happier, with their celebrity existence in the US and their new level of self-determination in dealing with the press than when they were senior royals living in the UK being managed by "the institution" ... Which is entirely down to them...

You can't just say "Umm no let me explain why you are NOT happier" when they blatantly are . You might not want them to be, but at some point you, jet and Jenny have to accept what they're expressing as their reality rather than insisting it's another way because that's how you imagine it should work.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 13-03-2021 at 08:59 AM.
Old 13-03-2021, 09:07 AM #996
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
They seem outwardly to be happier, and express vocally being happier, with their celebrity existence in the US and their new level of self-determination in dealing with the press than when they were senior royals living in the UK being managed by "the institution" ... Which is entirely down to them...

You can't just say "Umm no let me explain why you are NOT happier" when they blatantly are . You might not want them to be, but at some point you, jet and Jenny have to accept what they're expressing as their reality rather than insisting it's another way because that's how you imagine it should work.
i could care less how happy they are tbh

i still think they should consider my candle business plan

Old 13-03-2021, 09:08 AM #997

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Jenny Bond did Jet that's why I said you should invite her on here for a chat

"Finding peace is simple, Harry: step out of the spotlight.

The Sussexes’ interview with Oprah Winfrey today will only keep the couple in the public eye. Their pleas for privacy are a joke"

Its never too late to learn something new.
If you don't know the difference between 'spotlight' and going about your life/work in a much less showy, PREACHY podcasts, big TELL ALL interview way, I can see where your confusion comes from. The Obama's would never. The Royals would never. They got CLASS!

Last edited by jet; 13-03-2021 at 09:08 AM.
Old 13-03-2021, 09:10 AM #998
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
i could care less how happy they are tbh
And doesn't that just sum up the issue LT!
Old 13-03-2021, 09:17 AM #999
-

-

Quote:
If you don't know the difference between 'spotlight' and going about your life/work in a much less showy, PREACHY podcasts, big TELL ALL interview way, I can see where your confusion comes from. The Obama's would never. The Royals would never. They got CLASS!
Figuring out what THEY are happy with has nothing to do with me, or you, or Jenny Bond... I wouldn't want any sort of spotlight but if they've changed things and are now happy with it, then they've made the right decision for themselves, and it's bizarre that you and Jenny are insisting "no u haven't it's just the same!". It doesn't matter what you think of it . As with LT it's fine if you and Jenny don't care whether or not they're happy, but you don't get to decide what they should and shouldn't be happy with.
Old 13-03-2021, 09:29 AM #1000

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Figuring out what THEY are happy with has nothing to do with me, or you, or Jenny Bond... I wouldn't want any sort of spotlight but if they've changed things and are now happy with it, then they've made the right decision for themselves, and it's bizarre that you and Jenny are insisting "no u haven't it's just the same!". It doesn't matter what you think of it . As with LT it's fine if you and Jenny don't care whether or not they're happy, but you don't get to decide what they should and shouldn't be happy with.
No **** Sherlock.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
air, emerge, frontrunner, harry, interview, itv, meghan, oprah