Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 16-10-2017, 11:01 AM #126
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

The scars on my mind are on replay

Last edited by Smithy; 16-10-2017 at 11:02 AM.
Old 16-10-2017, 11:24 AM #127
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Most of you will be happy to know that the OP of this thread has been indefinitely banned for his persistant misogynistic comments in various threads. The replies in this thread were really the last straw. IMO he should have been banned months, if not years ago but he was given chance after chance. Its not for a differing opinion. Its for being just...disgusting basically. His hatred for women shines through every post he makes, and I genuinely think if these are his true views that he is a scary individual who needs professional help to get over it.
Good. This thread proved beyond all reasonable doubt that he pursues these lines of argument for effect and to provoke a reaction, I'm willing to give people the benefit of the doubt but if they're literally just going to ignore evidence and facts that are presented to them then it's clear they're not interested in a debate, but trolling.

There's plenty of people on here I disagree with that are capable of having a civilised debate, so I refute the idea that this is about 'shutting down free speech' or whatever. There's a difference between having conviction in your opinions and pretending to think a certain way for attention.
Old 16-10-2017, 12:14 PM #128
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Why? So people are forced to into the chat treads to talk about rimming?...no thanks.
It's the number 1 problem area with this site and it will never be sorted out. Better to get rid of it.
Old 16-10-2017, 12:18 PM #129
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It's the number 1 problem area with this site and it will never be sorted out. Better to get rid of it.
It's always been tough going but it used to be functional and it could quite easily be sorted out with a couple of clicks. I don't think I need to elaborate tbh...
Old 16-10-2017, 12:22 PM #130
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
It's always been tough going but it used to be functional and it could quite easily be sorted out with a couple of clicks. I don't think I need to elaborate tbh...
I agree. I used to love this section...a few years back. Yes its a mess now but hopefully this is the start of a mass cleanup of the site tbh. Theres only a couple of members I think do deserve to be ousted, but those couple do ruin it for everyone else IMO

Anyway, bit the bullet and got rid of one who was either a persistant troll, or a scary unhinged person so...
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 16-10-2017 at 12:23 PM.
Old 16-10-2017, 12:24 PM #131
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I agree. I used to love this section...a few years back. Yes its a mess now but hopefully this is the start of a mass cleanup of the site tbh. Theres only a couple of members I think do deserve to be ousted, but those couple do ruin it for everyone else IMO

Anyway, bit the bullet and got rid of one who was either a persistant troll, or a scary unhinged person so...
It feels like at this point that the majority of my posts in the towers are 'Ban ____' 'Why is this person still allowed here?'.

We're in desperate need of a purge tbh, too many trolls have been allowed to run riot for too long.
Old 16-10-2017, 12:54 PM #132
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
What get rid of it because people can't agree? Might as well get rid of the whole site then as the whole idea of BB is having strangers thrust together in a space and seeing how they interact isn't it?
Old 16-10-2017, 01:02 PM #133
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

Last edited by Kizzy; 16-10-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Old 16-10-2017, 01:04 PM #134
-

-

Quote:
It feels like at this point that the majority of my posts in the towers are 'Ban ____' 'Why is this person still allowed here?'.

We're in desperate need of a purge tbh, too many trolls have been allowed to run riot for too long.
PURGE PURGE PURGE PURGE PUR... ahh **** I'm going to get purged .
Old 16-10-2017, 01:05 PM #135
-

-

Quote:
having strangers thrust together in a space and seeing how they interact isn't it?
I lowkey love the fact that the answer is "basically it's always horrible"
Old 16-10-2017, 01:12 PM #136
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I lowkey love the fact that the answer is "basically it's always horrible"
Well it's a similar concept for a start, a microcosm, there will be drama and conflict but there will also be humour and compromise. I don't see the issue, if there are rule breaks they are dealt with relatively consistently.

Well the important thread had been dragged of course enough so I'll leave it on here, but I for one would be sad to not have a place to discuss issues like this.
Old 16-10-2017, 01:14 PM #137
0_o

0_o

Quote:
What get rid of it because people can't agree? Might as well get rid of the whole site then as the whole idea of BB is having strangers thrust together in a space and seeing how they interact isn't it?
Its not because people can't agree. Its because some members seem to just repeatedly troll and bait, and cry bias and moan about having posts deleted when they were nothing to do with the actual conversation and were only there to wind another member up. People disagreeing is what makes this section good, IMO. I love an actual debate, with people on both sides saying their views and why they think that, and maybe backing it up with evidence. What I do not like is the persistant trolling that seems to go on.

I have argued against having SD just taken away as I do remember a time when it was decent and have been attempting to get it back that way too. But it will take time. Hopefully not much time, but some time.

I am actuallty considering floating the idea of a minimum word count, for posts in this section, to make people actually put thought into their posts, and have less one liner baiting or sniping posts. I also would like (personally) a seperate politics forum.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 16-10-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 16-10-2017, 01:16 PM #138
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

I regularly notice SD get better instantly when a certain member gets banned for a week or so, and then the subforum comes right back down to **** when the ban is up...

Old 16-10-2017, 01:17 PM #139

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Well,it’s been fun here at times specially during onseason but that’s it for me.
You can’t ever have an open and free political debate section with the threat of a ban hammer over you for expressing your opinions.Truth was very anti feminist which it seems is not an accepted view to take in here.Pro feminism posts only.
I might not have agreed with everything he said but I don’t have to.Nobody has to.Just tell him where he’s wrong.Suppressing opinions doesn’t lead to debates,It just makes people afraid to air their real views.Honestly you may aswell close down SD like Dezzy wants or rename it as eventually it’ll just become a load of people agreeing with each other when it comes to emotive issues.

Take care everyone and all the best to you all.

Old 16-10-2017, 01:20 PM #140
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Truth was very anti feminist which it seems is not an accepted view to take in here.
I'll be honest, I don't think you've entirely grasped the situation.
Old 16-10-2017, 01:20 PM #141
0_o

0_o

Same to you NM

If you genuinely cannot see what the issue is in turning every thread into an anti woman thread... making up rubbish when faced with facts, and then accusing others of not backing up their sources...spamming copy and paste responses into random threads... refusing to actually engage, instead chosing to just repeat over and over again your false/copy pasted stats...if you truly cannot see that this is very different to just disagreeing, then fair enough and I will be sad to see you go.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 16-10-2017, 01:22 PM #142
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

It has nothing to do with anti feminism though it's the deliberate antagonisation of other posters

If in this thread he had responded to Vicky's evidence with posts like 'okay I've read that, but I think that's wrong because x, and here's evidence as to why' there wouldn't be a problem - instead he (as usual) chose to resort to petty 'youre lying again' and 'this radical feminist liberal loony left misandrist site' posts. They're not constructive, they are quite blatantly designed to provoke a reaction
Old 16-10-2017, 01:23 PM #143
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Well,it’s been fun here at times specially during onseason but that’s it for me.
You can’t ever have an open and free political debate section with the threat of a ban hammer over you for expressing your opinions.Truth was very anti feminist which it seems is not an accepted view to take in here.Pro feminism posts only.
I might not have agreed with everything he said but I don’t have to.Nobody has to.Just tell him where he’s wrong.Suppressing opinions doesn’t lead to debates,It just makes people afraid to air their real views.Honestly you may aswell close down SD like Dezzy wants or rename it as eventually it’ll just become a load of people agreeing with each other when it comes to emotive issues.

Take care everyone and all the best to you all.

To be fair I agree to an extent, I find Truth more or less harmless and also quite entertaining, and like Withano I genuinely believe that there is only and has only ever been one member (since I've been using the forum, anyway) who makes this section almost unusable. Probs not supposed to say that though .
Old 16-10-2017, 01:24 PM #144
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I hate women like that it's the reason why men are automatically found guilty when accused of rape

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 16-10-2017, 01:25 PM #145
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Also to whomever brought up the subforum bans, I agree - when they were trialled and someone was removed from SD for a while the whole place was a lot less like a cesspool.
Old 16-10-2017, 01:25 PM #146
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam. View Post
I hate women like that it's the reason why men are automatically found guilty when accused of rape
PURGE PURGE P...
Old 16-10-2017, 01:29 PM #147
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Hmm can you expand on what you mean by this please? On the contrary, most guys accused of rape are not found guilty. Even if there is evidence they did rape someone, if there is any room for doubt then they are not found guilty.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 16-10-2017, 01:30 PM #148
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Its not because people can't agree. Its because some members seem to just repeatedly troll and bait, and cry bias and moan about having posts deleted when they were nothing to do with the actual conversation and were only there to wind another member up. People disagreeing is what makes this section good, IMO. I love an actual debate, with people on both sides saying their views and why they think that, and maybe backing it up with evidence. What I do not like is the persistant trolling that seems to go on.

I have argued against having SD just taken away as I do remember a time when it was decent and have been attempting to get it back that way too. But it will take time. Hopefully not much time, but some time.

I am actuallty considering floating the idea of a minimum word count, for posts in this section, to make people actually put thought into their posts, and have less one liner baiting or sniping posts. I also would like (personally) a seperate politics forum.
Well can't argue with that I guess, it happens no getting away from it. The word count thing is a good idea as is a politics forum.
Old 16-10-2017, 01:31 PM #149
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Hmm can you expand on what you mean by this please? On the contrary, most guys accused of rape are not found guilty. Even if there is evidence they did rape someone, if there is any room for doubt then they are not found guilty.
I mean guilty in society if a man is falsely accused of rape he will always be looked down on because people will only remember that part

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 16-10-2017, 01:39 PM #150
0_o

0_o

Quote:
I mean guilty in society if a man is falsely accused of rape he will always be looked down on because people will only remember that part
Ah got ya. Yeah if the case is publicized, mud does stick. Even if the guy is proven not guilty, there will always be some who believe that there is 'no smoke without fire'.

I don't see why this idiot lying is the reason for this trial by media thing though? Rather than she would be someone who contributes to it.
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
10, allegations, false, jailed, rape, women, years