Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB21 Celebrity Big Brother January 2018 [CBB 21] (dubbed Year of the Women). Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Courtney Act - here.

Old 31-01-2018, 03:47 PM #126
Banned

Favourites (more):
CBB21: India Willoughby
CBBUSA: Omarosa Manigault
Banned

Favourites (more):

Well tbh I don’t think they’re defending it they’re just trying to highlight there’s no malice in what she believes like I think the op and certain people believe. Obviously it doesn’t work and it’s diabolical but it doesn’t come from a place of ‘fuk gays they suck’. As such for me it doesn’t attack her character and it shouldn’t for anyone else viewing imo
Marches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 03:49 PM #127
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

all I'm saying is I'm slightly shocked at people justifying it
Greg! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 03:52 PM #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
I don't think bitching about another HM on BB constitutes as Hate Speech, if it did, almost every HM ever would be locked up by now
YEP!

Indeed, I mean c'on most tune in to see the housemates b**** about each other thats why the producers put such a mix in there in there anyway.
Lstan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 03:58 PM #129

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Yeah, my words were taken a little too literally there. There had been a post made where the member called Malika fans scum. I said that insulting fans was not allowed but insulting housemates was (within reason). Of course its fine to criticize housemates BUT, just random posts of 'X is a bitch' or something add nothing at all to the forum. So insults are fine within reason, but preferable when part of a larger post. if that makes sense.
I agree I notice on DS they have a policy about what can be said about housemates, which I think is a good idea then we all know where we stand,something like this would be good.

With the new series of Celebrity Big Brother having started tonight we want to take the time to remind you that we want discussion on this forum to be constructive, civil and free from personal derogatory comments. What this means is that you can by all means voice how much you like / dislike a housemate and you can give criticism and your opinion as to why this might be. What we don't want to see are personal insults about appearance, homophobic or transphobic posts, sexist comments, comments about sexuality and how someone is a "slapper" or "slag" etc.

We have already had to take action against comments of this nature and this should go without saying really. Please keep the level of discourse civil, fun and remember that you are talking about other people.

If you have any questions regarding this you can PM or email us. You can also use the "flag" button to alert us to any posts you feel cross the lines that we've outlined here.

Let's keep this forum fun and productive and we hope you enjoy posting about the new series. Thank you.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 04:00 PM #130
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Sorry I have to agree that Shane was trying to manipulate the house into shutting Ann down, and she had not even done anything..he did this randomly. He then realized it would not work so stopped that rubbish. Am sure he thought he could get Wayne to attack easily...which was clearly what he was doing,. Might aswell have just came out and said 'go shout at Ann for opinions she has outside of the house that she has not brought up in here but I have suddenly decided its important but will not say anything to her myself'
...I can’t agree, Vicky...about Shane J trying to gain support to shut Ann down in the way that is referred to shutting down opinions etc...that would indicate that Ann was voicing opinions that he wanted to shut down, that there was something to shut down but she wasn’t and there wasn’t...and it wasn’t really Ann’s ‘opinions’ that he was trying to convey to some other housemates...(...which yes, I think wasn’t good at all and not for him to do..)...actively opposing legislations that bring equality goes a little beyond just having an opinion because of potential power and influence attached with that in a parliament position as Ann had, that would have a real affect on lives ...he was talking more about legislation and how Ann had opposed and casted votes against some of the freedoms that had enabled Wayne and Amanda to live their lives with their partners as that have done and do today.../...he obviously felt very frustrated and yeah maybe very negative toward Ann in that evening, so didn’t act great, I agree...but he didn’t try to shut her down or encourage anyone else to because there wasn’t anything to shut down, in that context...no discussions had taken place...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 04:12 PM #131
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...I can’t agree, Vicky...about Shane J trying to gain support to shut Ann down in the way that is referred to shutting down opinions etc...that would indicate that Ann was voicing opinions that he wanted to shut down, that there was something to shut down but she wasn’t and there wasn’t...and it wasn’t really Ann’s ‘opinions’ that he was trying to convey to some other housemates...(...which yes, I think wasn’t good at all and not for him to do..)...actively opposing legislations that bring equality goes a little beyond just having an opinion because of potential power and influence attached with that in a parliament position as Ann had, that would have a real affect on lives ...he was talking more about legislation and how Ann had opposed and casted votes against some of the freedoms that had enabled Wayne and Amanda to live their lives with their partners as that have done and do today.../...he obviously felt very frustrated and yeah maybe very negative toward Ann in that evening, so didn’t act great, I agree...but he didn’t try to shut her down or encourage anyone else to because there wasn’t anything to shut down, in that context...no discussions had taken place...
Which is part of the problem tbh. She had not actually said or done anything. he was bringing up stuff from outside of the house, to try and get others to have a random go at her and turn against her..for seemingly no reason except to get people to attack her as he had randomly decided that her opinions were an issue (despite actually having a convo about her voting record and concluding that he disagreed with her but its her right to have those opinions). Was very odd behaviour

basically he was trying to shut her down and manipulate the housemates into turning against her...but for stuff she hadn't even said
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 31-01-2018 at 04:13 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 04:47 PM #132
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Which is part of the problem tbh. She had not actually said or done anything. he was bringing up stuff from outside of the house, to try and get others to have a random go at her and turn against her..for seemingly no reason except to get people to attack her as he had randomly decided that her opinions were an issue (despite actually having a convo about her voting record and concluding that he disagreed with her but its her right to have those opinions). Was very odd behaviour

basically he was trying to shut her down and manipulate the housemates into turning against her...but for stuff she hadn't even said

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 04:48 PM #133

Quote:

I feel Shane tried to put his spin on whatever in Anne's past he could.

He can't speak to Ann because she can out think him, so he gets lost for words.

Did he forget the cameras caught his wrangling and scheming time and time again. He damned himself, he does not have any support now so cannot use his ploy of sitting back and letting others do his dirty work.

He is a first class rat.
Old 31-01-2018, 04:54 PM #134

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 04:57 PM #135
Right Flower

Right Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullen Girl View Post
i just saw this in another thread but it got locked so i’m continuing the discussion here teehee

what are your thoughts?

in MY opinion she’s scum
Do you know anything about it?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 05:00 PM #136
-

-

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Do you know anything about it?
don’t need to know anything about it

the name gives it away sis

‘conversion’ therapy

gays do not need to be converted and anyone that thinks they do, or supports the idea in any shape or form is SCUM

Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 05:00 PM #137
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Quote:

‘conversion’ therapy

gays do not need to be converted and anyone that thinks they do, or supports the idea in any shape or form is SCUM

Old 31-01-2018, 05:03 PM #138
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:

‘conversion’ therapy

then equally those that do support it are entitled to say that those that disagree with it are SCUM .... do you not see where that ends up?
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 05:06 PM #139
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Superb post.

I saw it near all that way too.

I only wish he had just raised what issues he wished with Ann herself.
That's where he went wrong.

I've said all along had he done so,Ann would have discussed it with him,I'd also dare bet she would have jumped at the chance to.

Love or hate her, agree with her or not,Ann has never backed off from stating and restating her opinions,likely ever.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 05:07 PM #140
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Superb post.

I've said all along had he done so,Ann would have discussed it with him,I'd also dare bet she would have jumped at the chance to.

Love or hate her, agree with her or not,Ann has never backed off from stating and restating her opinions,likely ever.
Indeed. This is why I was disappointed with him. if he has issues with her, he should go to her face, not try and get other random people to attack her. Thats childish and ridiculous, IMO.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 31-01-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 05:19 PM #141

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Quote:
Sorry I have to agree that Shane was trying to manipulate the house into shutting Ann down, and she had not even done anything..he did this randomly. He then realized it would not work so stopped that rubbish. Am sure he thought he could get Wayne to attack easily...which was clearly what he was doing,. Might aswell have just came out and said 'go shout at Ann for opinions she has outside of the house that she has not brought up in here but I have suddenly decided its important but will not say anything to her myself'
That's exactly what he did in my view too. And it seems like Amanda and Wayne thought so too.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 05:24 PM #142
haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

haunted

Favourites (more):

Quote:

I don't think he's necessarily trying to turn people against her but it maybe the fact that the other housemates (Amanda, Ashley, Jess, etc.) are just sweeping her views under the rug which is easy for them to do because they don't affect them. It's probably really frustrating to see everyone around him getting on with Ann saying things like "it's her opinion, whatever" for three weeks when her views/voting records have no impact on their lives as they are heterosexuals. As for Amanda and Wayne, they are part of an older generation and had to learn throughout their lives to just deal with people like Ann and that carried into the house. Shane J. doesn't feel like he needs to have respect for someone that has previously voted & advocated to make gay people's lives "less than" that of a straight person's and rightfully so. He's been respectful to her and her views during their stay and he's probably just had enough of it now.

Spoiler:

Last edited by montblanc; 31-01-2018 at 05:28 PM.
montblanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 05:33 PM #143
Banned

Favourites (more):
Banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by montblanc View Post
I don't think he's necessarily trying to turn people against her but it maybe the fact that the other housemates (Amanda, Ashley, Jess, etc.) are just sweeping her views under the rug which is easy for them to do because they don't affect them. It's probably really frustrating to see everyone around him getting on with Ann saying things like "it's her opinion, whatever" for three weeks when her views/voting records have no impact on their lives as they are heterosexuals. As for Amanda and Wayne, they are part of an older generation and had to learn throughout their lives to just deal with people like Ann and that carried into the house. Shane J. doesn't feel like he needs to have respect for someone that has previously voted & advocated to make gay people's lives "less than" that of a straight person's and rightfully so. He's been respectful to her and her views during their stay and he's probably just had enough of it now.
Ann didn’t win those votes and she hasn’t brought them up in the house, they’re not legal. Funnily enough I find those who didn’t bring it up 24/7 to be decent people when hounding someone like that won’t acomplish anything. Keep in mind Shane j is fully aware of this he’s just trying to push a malicious agenda against a not malicious person with some quite obtuse views that she hasn’t forced down anyone’s throats
Marches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 05:43 PM #144
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Indeed. This is why I was disappointed with him. if he has issues with her, he should go to her face, not try and get other random people to attack her. Thats childish and ridiculous, IMO.
I don't think he was wanting others to attack her.
Many of us,myself at times particularly can be childish.
That's not a crime.

I saw it more as trying to gain others support to challenge the views of Ann.
Not attack her.

There's a misconstrued view he wanted Wayne to talk to Ann on the issues.
Wayne even said to Amanda Shane hadn't asked him to do so at all.

I agree he should have gone directly to Ann himself.

A lot of people however, (and I'm not saying this is the case,just a thought),like to sound out back up for their own stance,before they set out to addresss controversial issues with another or others.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 05:44 PM #145
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

...I still don’t see the shutting down thing, Vicky because there was nothing to shut down...that’s the thing isn’t it, like you say there was no communication happening between them to shut down...hmmm, what I felt I saw was..that it wasn’t ‘random’ as such with his behaviour that night, it was more a build up of things, maybe of disapprovals Ann had shown, with facial expression etc, calling his and Andrew’s playfight ‘obscene’ and such the like, there were a few things, I can’t recall them all...and maybe his emotions were quite on the surface because of Andrew being evicted and feeling the loss of his closest friend in the house...so yeAh, they had, had a previous conversation in the early days but in that kind of environment, it’s easy to see how people still can have little blips, I think that’s just a human quality
so I don’t find that bit odd as such at all...he had a blip, Amanda took him to task and told him what for and that was that, they were all brilliant and gracious the next day with what I felt were sincere apologies from him...and gracious acceptances from them...

...anyways I’ve quoted Joey’s post as well because I completely agree with him in that I wished he had expressed what he was feeling at that moment to Ann herself, which is where he was in the wrong completely...in balance of his character though with what he’s displayed in the house for the most part, I do feel personally that it was just all a bit of a blip that night, so don’t really feel disappointment with him beyond that...he had a bad day is what I think....

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Superb post.

Old 31-01-2018, 05:48 PM #146
haunted

Favourites (more):

haunted

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marches View Post
Ann didn’t win those votes and she hasn’t brought them up in the house, they’re not legal. Funnily enough I find those who didn’t bring it up 24/7 to be decent people when hounding someone like that won’t acomplish anything. Keep in mind Shane j is fully aware of this he’s just trying to push a malicious agenda against a not malicious person with some quite obtuse views that she hasn’t forced down anyone’s throats
it doesn't matter if they didn't win she still voted for them and Ann hasn't been a saint in there either. Ann makes snide comments, faces, rolls her eyes, etc. at anything that coincidently have to do with the LGBT or women. The moment with Wayne & Shane J. showcased that. She's continuously showing her disapproval towards people like Shane J. and he's just getting fed up of it.

Spoiler:

Old 31-01-2018, 05:50 PM #147
haunted

Favourites (more):

haunted

Favourites (more):

Quote:
it was more a build up of things, maybe of disapprovals Ann had shown, with facial expression etc, calling his and Andrew’s playfight ‘obscene’ and such the like

Spoiler:

Old 31-01-2018, 05:52 PM #148
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by montblanc View Post
it doesn't matter if they didn't win she still voted for them and Ann hasn't been a saint in there either. Ann makes snide comments, faces, rolls her eyes, etc. at anything that coincidently have to do with the LGBT or women. The moment with Wayne & Shane J. showcased that. She's continuously showing her disapproval towards people like Shane J. and he's just getting fed up of it.
Are you familiar with the concept of democracy? People with opposing opinions vote and the majority wins the vote. What they were voting for then becomes law and EVERYONE abides by it. That doesn't mean everyone has to agree with it. Brexit was a very clear example.

Democracy encompasses all opinion ... Ann was part of that process, and a very valuable part too.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 05:52 PM #149
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Can people read ? instead of just being happy to believe people who dont like her, this story is not so black and white, she wanted to help gays who didn't WANT to be gay,so maybe go and read up ,people at one time thought it would cure them the gay person WANTED the therepy. loving these new words converstion therapy oh how people are grasping at it,
Facts are not allowed and totally ignored
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 05:53 PM #150
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I think he’s also a bit in love with Andrew and the poor guy in turmoil with his beloved gone...../...poor Shane...

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ann, conversion, supporting, therapy