Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB18 Big Brother 18 UK was shown on Channel 5 in June and July 2017, and was won by Isabelle with Raph second. Discuss the series here.

Old 14-06-2017, 11:40 PM #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It's a copout attitude that ignores the problem and thus allows it to continue to BE a problem.

So people who see each other as equal...hence the 'I don't see colour' have a cop out attitude??... just no pleasing some people.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2017, 11:46 PM #152
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Well they are the very people who 'don't see colour'...but then you have accused those very people of being the problem.
Wanting people to 'stop bringing up race' (IE stop the discussion of race related issues) is not the same as wanting equality. Saying 'I don't see colour' is essentially saying that you are fine with the status quo.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2017, 11:48 PM #153
Banned

Banned

Quote:
So people who see each other as equal...hence the 'I don't see colour' have a cop out attitude??... just no pleasing some people.
People who say that rarely do see the races as equal, it's just a copout to try and stop people from discussing topics that make them feel uncomfortable.

I've said this in a multitude of different ways throughout this topic, if you don't understand where I'm coming from by now then you probably never will.
Old 14-06-2017, 11:48 PM #154
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Wanting people to 'stop bringing up race' (IE stop the discussion of race related issues) is not the same as wanting equality. Saying 'I don't see colour' is essentially saying that you are fine with the status quo.
Mate you're not going to get through to some people. Thanks for trying though.
Caravan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2017, 11:53 PM #155

im sooooo confused on what she was soo angry about lol
fitz2k2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2017, 11:58 PM #156

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Thought it was awful and uncalled for.

Jeez, are people saying that we didn't call Helen aggressive because she's white? Helen was aggressive as **** and she was seen as that from Day 2. Nothing to do with whether she was white or black.

In this series alone, we have heard of people calling Chanelle, Joe and Tom aggressive too. Are they black? No.

Effing race card, such a poor thing to bring out. I would understand if something like "well your a stereotypical angry black woman" was said, but it came from nowhere.

Does this mean I am never allowed to call a black person aggressive in the chance I may be called racist? I'll call any Dom, Dick or Harry aggressive if they are aggressive.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2017, 11:59 PM #157

[QUOTE=Mystic Mock;9361462]
Quote:

But that's all speculation on that front, at it's basic core they're more aggressive moments from Chanelle than what Hannah did I think.

Chanelle has shown more aggression than Hannah I agree. The bag over the head was jesting. The flick of the slipper was jesting but it backfired because it caught Hannah where it hurt although that wasn't her intention..her action caused hurt and would be deemed aggressive.The hat thing was her trying to be funny but then Kieran's reaction was no different to her silly reaction over his comment about her lips...it wasn't meant to offend.
It just shows how things can be taken out of proportion...
You can't get away from the fact that shouting at someone will be deemed as being aggressive..because you are angry. Physical aggression to me is going for someone in order to hurt them wether that is physical contact or throwing something at someone with the intent to hurt and that has never been Chanelles intention.
Old 15-06-2017, 12:04 AM #158

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Isabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** View Post

Jeez, are people saying that we didn't call Helen aggressive because she's white? Helen was aggressive as **** and she was seen as that from Day 2. Nothing to do with whether she was white or black.

In this series alone, we have heard of people calling Chanelle, Joe and Tom aggressive too. Are they black? No.

Effing race card, such a poor thing to bring out. I would understand if something like "well your a stereotypical angry black woman" was said, but it came from nowhere.

Does this mean I am never allowed to call a black person aggressive in the chance I may be called racist? I'll call any Dom, Dick or Harry aggressive if they are aggressive.
No but it seems like black female housemates are held to different standards. I mean there was someone in this thread claiming that Makosi was one of the most aggressive housemates of all time... After reading posts like that, Hannah definitely has a point.

Last edited by HBIC; 15-06-2017 at 01:32 AM.
HBIC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 12:09 AM #159

Quote:
People who say that rarely do see the races as equal, it's just a copout to try and stop people from discussing topics that make them feel uncomfortable.

I've said this in a multitude of different ways throughout this topic, if you don't understand where I'm coming from by now then you probably never will.
But people who say that DO see races as equal...I DONT SEE COLOUR...meaning EVERYONE IS THE SAME COLOUR.. If you don't get that then you never will.

Last edited by rusticgal; 15-06-2017 at 12:28 AM.
Old 15-06-2017, 01:09 AM #160
Banned

Banned

Quote:
But people who say that DO see races as equal...I DONT SEE COLOUR...meaning EVERYONE IS THE SAME COLOUR.. If you don't get that then you never will.
That's not even remotely the same thing.

People who want equality DO see colour because you have to see the differences to understand that there is problems. You can't say 'I want equality!' and then refuse to acknowledge barriers to said equality.

Like I've said before, 'I don't see colour' is not a cool progressive statement, it's regressive and it discourages valid discussion of race by painting it as wrong. People who believe and identity with statements like that are part of the problem, not the solution.
Old 15-06-2017, 01:33 AM #161
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Why wasn't Tom labelled aggressive by other HMs for slamming all the stuff off the kitchen counter in a previous episode?
Why wasn't Chanelle labelled aggressive by other HMs for the slipper kicking/throwing, spitting, bag over head, hitting head/hat
Why wasn't Imran labelled aggressive by other HMs for cussing out Chanelle and Elle?
Why wasn't Kayleigh labelled aggressive by other HMs for yelling swear words at others multiple times?
etc.....
yet the black women get labeled aggressive..... Hannah and Deborah were verbally assertive (didn't hurl constant swear words) yet Rebecca can scream "shut up" when Deborah is trying to explain how the label "aggressive" makes her feel.
Caravan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 04:13 AM #162

Favourites:
BB17: Jayne

Favourites:
BB17: Jayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
because it gets on some peoples tits when colour comes into it, like it or not some coloured people have chips on their shoulder about colour and bring the subject up themselves, even that black bloke on BBots said she shouldn't have done that
Colored peopled? Good lord. What century is this?!
letmein is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 04:27 AM #163
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravan View Post
Many of the people calling the sisters aggressive supported Helen
Have you been a lurker for years
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 04:29 AM #164
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 05:50 AM #165
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Quote:

Spot on. If someone is aggressive and angry for a reason, its fair enough. But anything outwith that and anyone will get called out for it.

I am pig sick of all the unnecessary drama in house these days, its not a new phenomena, and it isn't entertainment.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 07:00 AM #166

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Austin
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Austin
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Calling a black women "aggressive" is offensive. That's it.

azi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 07:54 AM #167
Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

i get her point but i did find them being somewhat aggressive. hell a lot of them have been. i could be wrong but i only remember seeing Deborah, Hannah & Sukhvinder being called aggressive by other HM. maybe Kayleigh as well? why in the hell didnt anyone call Lotan aggressive then if those two are called that. bunch of bs that is. perhaps being apart of the so called clique. Lotan didnt need to stir that ship up more to begin with. Hannah was done, eating her food and that doucher came in muddling his words back & forth saying he should/shouldnt say nothing & couldnt make up his mind whether to walk out or not. so he goes ahead & starts being passive aggressive & **** blew up some more.
Old 15-06-2017, 07:55 AM #168
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

How many times has she flashed the race card ? and how pathetic was Suhk sat crying .....Lets not forget the sisters were born in ENGLAND to Nigerian parents, in her vt ,she bragged she had won Miss Nigeria ( was there only her who entered ) and she she said "I won Miss Nigeria for my country, and won it in the UK " so who's the racist here ?
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 07:56 AM #169
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by azi View Post
Calling a black women "aggressive" is offensive. That's it.

Not if they ARE aggressive
Old 15-06-2017, 07:56 AM #170
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Have you been a lurker for years
Spotted that one yesterday, clearly a banned member ^^
Old 15-06-2017, 08:00 AM #171
El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

I still dont get why Hannah over reacted in the first place, her pulling the race card really annoyed me, Why have we not seen this tension between Lotan and Hannah before, I mean Lotan nomianted her for a similar reason that she involves herself in everything, which we have failed to see so far, the only times the sisters have argued back is if someone was arguing with them. So Lotans excuse is flawed, and he needs to look in the mirror when he accuses of others of getting involved when he is the main one sticking his nose in everything to look like the hero.

Both Lotan and Hannah can go for all I care, her over-reaction and his fakeness.

DrunkerThanMoses is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 08:00 AM #172

I can't say too many people are surprised it's happened, or are they? It's almost like Big Brother set it up so that it would but I hate conspiracies so I ain't even going to bother with that.

Being mixed race (my dad is African American) it's embarrassing to see people pull that card so quickly. It makes them look weak and desperate for attention. I can't support her at all now which is disappointing as I really had high hopes for both her and Deborah.

Last edited by snail69; 15-06-2017 at 08:01 AM.
snail69 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 08:02 AM #173
baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

baddie

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Michele
CBB22: Natalie Nunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Not if they ARE aggressive
in this instance though other housemates have threatened others, swore at others, thrown stuff around in a rage, chanelle hit Kieran just the other day but Rebecca brands Hannah as aggressive just for raising her voice? I'm not saying Rebecca is racist, in her head she probably wasn't thinking of race at all but I can understand why hannah felt that had she been white she wouldn't of been perceived to be as aggressive.
armand.kay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 08:02 AM #174
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by snail69 View Post
I can't say too many people are surprised it's happened, or are they? It's almost like Big Brother set it up so that it would but I hate conspiracies so I ain't even going to bother with that.

Being mixed race (my dad is African American) it's embarrassing to see people pull that card so quickly. It makes them look weak and desperate for attention. I can't support her at all now which is disappointing as I really had high hopes for both her and Deborah.
The race card is the most popular card in the BB house, always has been
Old 15-06-2017, 08:07 AM #175

i would say the bully card is the most popular these days

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
card, hannah, race