Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2020, 02:03 PM   #26
Marsh.
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 77,805


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard. View Post
I’m sorry, other people are defending it by saying that basically “well a 4* hotel isn’t all that” which I find absolutely absurd and quite disturbing. And then you bring rich people into it who are living it up which isn’t really relevant. We should think about the people who might be disadvantaged by this I.e. the homeless and other asylum seekers and criticising the government for having no plan or place to put them.
They didn't say 4* isn't all that. They said just because they're sleeping in a hotel room doesn't mean they're getting a 4* service.

How are rich politicians abusing their positions and wealth not relevant?

They're certainly more relevant than whatever Farage is trying to do by mocking asylum seekers. They have a room in a hotel oh how lucky they are!

It's obviously temporary accomodation until they're moved into permanent housing or are sent elsewhere.

Last edited by Marsh.; 02-08-2020 at 02:04 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:07 PM   #27
Oliver_W
#BaconLettuceMayo
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 9,355

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley


Default

Like obviously we've got a housing crisis and a pretty high population density, so people should be being turned away - anyone landing here is a demonstration of several countries' failure to work their borders. Something obviously does need to be done to keep them away.

But in the meantime, they can't exactly be left to wander the wilderness.
__________________


Some of my favourite comicbook pages! Click on it to see them bigger!! The theme is "inspiration" ... sort of
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:08 PM   #28
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 19,754

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

Politicians have a way of making people hate people who use taxpayer money to live, all while sitting in their second or third homes they claim on their taxes or their expenses
__________________

Last edited by Liam-; 02-08-2020 at 02:08 PM.
Liam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:17 PM   #29
Livia
שטח זה להשכרה
 
Livia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brasov, Transylvania
Posts: 29,207


Default

Maybe they need a sociologist to explain why illegals should be living in an hotel while there are sooooo maaaaaaanny indigenous people living on the street... many of them having served their country.

Don't bother calling me a racist for this view, I've heard it alllllll before on here.
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:23 PM   #30
Marsh.
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 77,805


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Maybe they need a sociologist to explain why illegals should be living in an hotel while there are sooooo maaaaaaanny indigenous people living on the street... many of them having served their country.

Don't bother calling me a racist for this view, I've heard it alllllll before on here.
I don't think anyone's saying more shouldn't be done for the homeless.

Unless you're suggesting asylum seekers should be left to wander aimlessly? Which is a ridiculous consideration.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:24 PM   #31
Dezzy
Babs
 
Dezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 42,507

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
BB17: Jayne
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard


Default

I won't watch anything fronted by that weasel, everything he does is to push his agenda and he is in support of implementing an insurance based healthcare system over the NHS because that's what the people who pay his bills wants him to preach to his ignorant masses.
__________________
Dezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:24 PM   #32
Nicky91
Nickeh
 
Nicky91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Posts: 42,854
Blog Entries: 24


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Maybe they need a sociologist to explain why illegals should be living in an hotel while there are sooooo maaaaaaanny indigenous people living on the street... many of them having served their country.

Don't bother calling me a racist for this view, I've heard it alllllll before on here.
sort of truth in that Livia i guess, i'm not calling you a racist


however i should ask you this Liv, the children who are among the immigrants from war/conflict/corrupt countries they do deserve a better life, proper home, proper education, nice and safe way growing up

would you want them to live on a street then?
__________________
#ProudKimSeokJin(BTS's Jin)Stan



Spoiler:

The Circle Nicky's Hall of Fame:
Joey/Romain/Eléa/Sammie/Ines/Rudy-Gabriel
Joao&Edmundo''Nelia''/Marina
Nicky91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:28 PM   #33
Livia
שטח זה להשכרה
 
Livia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brasov, Transylvania
Posts: 29,207


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
sort of truth in that Livia i guess, i'm not calling you a racist


however i should ask you this Liv, the children who are among the immigrants from war/conflict/corrupt countries they do deserve a better life, proper home, proper education, nice and safe way growing up

would you want them to live on a street then?
These hypothetical people you're talking about... how many countries did they cross to get to the UK?
Livia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:37 PM   #34
Liam-
Senior Member
 
Liam-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cardiff.
Posts: 19,754

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB20: Sarah Harding
BB18: Deborah


Default

The rich and powerful make average people angry, bitter and jealous that less well off people get assistance, all while they rake in all the wealth they possibly can.

‘Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain’ comes to mind

Capitalism is rotting society from the inside out
__________________
Liam- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:48 PM   #35
rusticgal
Senior Member
 
rusticgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 18,177
Default

Well I agree with Wizard...they should be accommodated in more basic accommodation...plenty of Travelodges/Novotels etc. They all offer good facilities until they get housed. We look after Asylum seekers...and as much sympathy I have for them its a shame when we have homeless people living on the streets who deserve better.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:52 PM   #36
Dezzy
Babs
 
Dezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 42,507

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
BB17: Jayne
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
The rich and powerful make average people angry, bitter and jealous that less well off people get assistance, all while they rake in all the wealth they possibly can.

‘Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain’ comes to mind

Capitalism is rotting society from the inside out
Yup, it's a system that's been in place for generations and will be in place for generations more because the majority of people will take a shred of false superiority over improving things for everyone. Why take a stand for those on benefits? For the poor and infirm if you can't benefit from it? Better to look down on them from a few centimetres above them while ignoring the boot of the rich and powerful on your neck.

After all, life would be better without immigrants and the poor, and single mothers and.... whatever the Daily Mail blames the collapse on society on while defending the interests of the cancer that is at the root of all our societal issues.
__________________
Dezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:53 PM   #37
Cherie
Cherie Bomb 2020
 
Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 45,480
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites:
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli


Default

The elephant in the room is that while technically they are asylum seekers they paid traffickers to get them from a safe country to the UK, all young men as well, meanwhile, families with young kids and elderly people are living in refugee camps with no way out, if the UK is to help anyone it should be directly from refugee camps, France should be looking after these people or one of the numerous countries they travelled through
__________________
So practice what you preach!
Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:30 PM   #38
Wizard.
Stay-at-home mom
 
Wizard.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 15,638
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 6: Siannise
BBUSA21: Nicole
Love Island 5: Molly-Mae


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
Well I agree with Wizard...they should be accommodated in more basic accommodation...plenty of Travelodges/Novotels etc. They all offer good facilities until they get housed. We look after Asylum seekers...and as much sympathy I have for them its a shame when we have homeless people living on the streets who deserve better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
The elephant in the room is that while technically they are asylum seekers they paid traffickers to get them from a safe country to the UK, all young men as well, meanwhile, families with young kids and elderly people are living in refugee camps with no way out, if the UK is to help anyone it should be directly from refugee camps, France should be looking after these people or one of the numerous countries they travelled through
here here
Wizard. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
farage, hotel, illegal, immigrants, investigates, luxury, nigel, star, staying

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:26 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts