Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 03-03-2021, 11:04 AM #1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I did wonder about that, as Zizu seems to be the only one so far who I know of that has been told what vaccine he would receive, if maybe there was a vaccine hesitancy over AZ in his part of the world

what do you think Zizu?

Mmmm .. I really have no idea ..

My appointment letter came from a major hospital ... maybe they do things differently from surgeries or pharmacies etc ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:09 AM #1277
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Pfft. Thats so unfair. I will likely be among the last to get this (rightly so really though, given stats)

The carer thing..have mentioned it to Gavin and he says *maybe* it went on wh has claimed carers in the past, because his son does not get it now but did during the first lockdown as his college hours were none existant at that stage. I mean he still does the same amount of helping her, yet when his college was off, he could get some help to do so which seems silly to me. His course is only 3 days a week yet classed as fulltime so...
i simply got a letter from the NHS and thats because my age band is eligible for vaccination.

What should be of concern is that they are giving next to no doses of the vaccine to GP's now and directing 99% of the supply to vaccination centres, which is a real bummer for those that can't travel easily to one of these centres
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:12 AM #1278
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
i simply got a letter from the NHS and thats because my age band is eligible for vaccination.

What should be of concern is that they are giving next to no doses of the vaccine to GP's now and directing 99% of the supply to vaccination centres, which is a real bummer for those that can't travel easily to one of these centres
I didnt know this..seems daft..our GP is still doing/booking them as thats where Gav needs to go on friday, and our neighbour has to go next tuesday too. Unless those will be delayed/changed when the day somes closer :S
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:15 AM #1279
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
I didnt know this..seems daft..our GP is still doing/booking them as thats where Gav needs to go on friday, and our neighbour has to go next tuesday too. Unless those will be delayed/changed when the day somes closer :S
my GP was getting 600+ doses a week, and now they get less than 100. With that supply its just not feasible to do much from GP's
Old 03-03-2021, 11:19 AM #1280

Quote:
my GP was getting 600+ doses a week, and now they get less than 100. With that supply its just not feasible to do much from GP's

What happens when everyone needs their second dose though ??

Old 03-03-2021, 11:25 AM #1281
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:

weird my son got his text and he had a choice to go to the GP (not ours) or a vaccination centre, he got called about 3 weeks ago

I think there are also pop up vaccinations going on

I actually don't know anyone who has been vaccinated in the same place at this stage

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:26 AM #1282
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
What happens when everyone needs their second dose though ??

I think you will receive your 2nd vac in the same place you got your first one maybe?

also they are ramping up as 2nd does are coming on stream more and more now so plan to double vaccinations by end of March to accommodate 2nd doses

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 03-03-2021, 11:28 AM #1283
0_o

0_o

I don't think there ARE any of the centres here...like, I live in the middle of a lot of fields and space with bugger all besides the one 'strip' of a couple of shops/takeaways, and the doctors. When we first moved here, the doctors didn't exist either, was really just this little tiny village in the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:29 AM #1284

Quote:
I heard they were scaling back GPs doing 1st dose vaccines so they could concentrate on 2nd doses as the people getting close to 2nd doses are all older and so prefer to visit their GP. Most people now.eligible are more able to travel to the big vacc centres

Last edited by AnnieK; 03-03-2021 at 11:29 AM.
AnnieK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:29 AM #1285
0_o

0_o

I really think they should be forgetting the 'all adults in the UK plan' for NOW. And focussing more on the more vulnerable again with their second doses. Then focus on other groups.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-03-2021, 11:30 AM #1286
0_o

0_o

Of course 50% of all UK adults vaccinated!!! makes a better headline than '20% of the most vulnerable in the country vaccinated fully' though.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-03-2021, 11:33 AM #1287
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
I don't think there ARE any of the centres here...like, I live in the middle of a lot of fields and space with bugger all besides the one 'strip' of a couple of shops/takeaways, and the doctors. When we first moved here, the doctors didn't exist either, was really just this little tiny village in the middle of nowhere
my closest centre is 24 miles away, which is pretty impractical for those without a car or not on public transport routes
Old 03-03-2021, 11:36 AM #1288

Quote:
I really think they should be forgetting the 'all adults in the UK plan' for NOW. And focussing more on the more vulnerable again with their second doses. Then focus on other groups.
The problem with that comes though if they start wanting to implement vaccine passports type things. If they want to start opening the economy they need as many people with some protection.
Old 03-03-2021, 11:46 AM #1289
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
The problem with that comes though if they start wanting to implement vaccine passports type things. If they want to start opening the economy they need as many people with some protection.
The vaccine passport thing...I don't believe would ever happen for..visiting shops and stuff really. I am convinced thats media scaremongering. I can see it for foreign travel though..and would support it for that reason. I would not support this idea some have of being refused entry to the supermarket unless you can prove vaccinated status tbh...we don't do that with anything else..and like with the 'more dangerous' illnesses we vaccinate against, aslong as a certain number are willing to have it, a small percentage refusing doesn't make too much difference. Its only 'an issue' if large amounts refuse, and according to the last data I saw, like 94% of uk adults were willing to have it(mind, that was on the daily star or something, so not sure on accuracy!)

Also, as I see it, making it complulsary for most areas of everyday life...is basically forcing people to get it. And going down the road of removing consent for medical procedures (even something as generally harmless as a vaccine) is a very slippery slope.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-03-2021, 11:50 AM #1290
0_o

0_o

Quote:
my closest centre is 24 miles away, which is pretty impractical for those without a car or not on public transport routes
Bloody hell..we are maybe 10 miles from newcastle so that would be the closest here. Awkward as **** to get to though for many. Older people especially and I swear our village is mainly like..OAPs. So very much hoping our gp manages to keep up with the vaccines, instead of sending people elsewhere.

Mind, from what I have heard, a LOT of people in gateshead/newcastle had appointmens which are being cancelled very quickly now too.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-03-2021, 11:54 AM #1291

Quote:
Bloody hell..we are maybe 10 miles from newcastle so that would be the closest here. Awkward as **** to get to though for many. Older people especially and I swear our village is mainly like..OAPs. So very much hoping our gp manages to keep up with the vaccines, instead of sending people elsewhere.

Mind, from what I have heard, a LOT of people in gateshead/newcastle had appointmens which are being cancelled very quickly now too.

I had an appointment cancelled and it was rather distressing .. I’d rather not have one than be offered one to see it cancelled.

It’s presumably unavoidable but ..

Old 03-03-2021, 11:55 AM #1292
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I heard they were scaling back GPs doing 1st dose vaccines so they could concentrate on 2nd doses as the people getting close to 2nd doses are all older and so prefer to visit their GP. Most people now.eligible are more able to travel to the big vacc centres
That makes sense

Old 03-03-2021, 11:56 AM #1293
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

..I think that also it depends what your GP surgery facilities are in terms of storage etc...and also deliveries to individual practices/centres and areas...there have been delivery delays to my county, but not for every Gp surgery...

....(...actually I’ve not read back so maybe I’m talking about something entirely different...I often do.....)....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:57 AM #1294
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Agree with that, the first dose give the most protection, there is a very small bump of protection with the second dose, and I think it also keeps people at home while waiting for it, while if they had their second dose they might think oh vey I am off!

Old 03-03-2021, 12:34 PM #1295

Default Light at the end of the tunnel - Covid [vaccine news]

I wonder how much protection I’ve got at the moment !

I had my first Pfizer jab 8 days ago ( Tues evening- 23/2/21 ) and I’m due to return to full time work this Friday !!

I don’t think there’s any real cover until day 21 and on Friday I will have 10 days cover

Last edited by Zizu; 03-03-2021 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-03-2021, 12:40 PM #1296
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Germany is going to use AZ on 65+ age group after more information they received from UK

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:41 PM #1297
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Agree with that, the first dose give the most protection, there is a very small bump of protection with the second dose, and I think it also keeps people at home while waiting for it, while if they had their second dose they might think oh vey I am off!
i will stick with the no contact until 1 month after i have had the 2nd jab ... after that, i'm going to have a ball
Old 03-03-2021, 07:02 PM #1298

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Our surgery is classed as a local hub, they are giving jabs to vulnerable and older patients from other surgeries in the surrounding villages and towns.
Whilst doing this they have obviously had to cut back on other services.
My docs rang me up to make an appointment to go for my jab, before I received the actual letter, I cheekily asked if they could do hubby at the same time as he is my carer.
Fantastic service from start to finish, cones were removed so hubby could park next to the door, then I was asked if I would like to sit in the car for the 15 minutes they like you to stay after the jab, rather than in the marquee.
Nurse at the door kept an eye on us as she was checking off people from her list letting them in for jabs.
The NHS are doing an amazing job.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 02:38 PM #1299
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

i had my jab today