Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 16-07-2021, 05:49 PM   #1701
bitontheslide
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB19: Sian

hitman 3 ... loving it
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2021, 09:24 PM   #1702
ThomasC

Sky Rim was my last major play on Xbox 360.

Spent weeks then realised you can never actually beat the game, just runs over and over doing same missions...lost the feel then.

Currently doing the Halo games starting on Reach and enjoying it.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2021, 11:53 PM   #1703
parmnion
I'm a brawbag

Favourites:
BB18: Deborah
CBB18: Heavy D
BB17: Hughie
BB4: Cameron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
Sky Rim was my last major play on Xbox 360.

Spent weeks then realised you can never actually beat the game, just runs over and over doing same missions...lost the feel then.

Currently doing the Halo games starting on Reach and enjoying it.
I can't say I'm surprised that sky rim dissapinted you.
parmnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2021, 08:31 PM   #1704
Mystic Mock
Blues 28th best team.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
X Factor Celebrity: Jenny Ryan
Strictly 2019: Will Bayley

I've been replaying Miitopia over the last few days and it's been fun.

It's not a masterpiece but it is a really fun Game to play if you've got nothing better to do.
Old 19-07-2021, 08:34 PM   #1705
Mystic Mock
Blues 28th best team.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
most of my star signings kinda struggle first half of the season

current goalscorer for me is Ritsu Doan, yes a midfielder of origin but i put him in striker position, currently at 30 goals already

but yeah i'm also running one season, in championship as manager of Middlesbrough, just because i want to get them back in premier league the place where they belong of course
I might need to buy Ritsu Doan at some point.
Old 22-07-2021, 12:47 PM   #1706
Nicky91

Favourites:
Apprentice 2019: Lottie
Apprentice 2018: Sian
BB18: Raph
BB17: Georgina

i'm sooo good at Telltale Walking dead

currently into season 3

i'm trying to become friends with Clem, as Javi

some of my choices

at Prescott
Spoiler:

i went down to try and save Francine's life

at Junkyard
Spoiler:

i stayed behind with Clem, rather than going with the rest of family

as for
Spoiler:

Jesus
i
Spoiler:

trusted him and chose not to tie him up
Old 22-07-2021, 12:49 PM   #1707
Nicky91

Favourites:

find the controls on season 3 much better than previous two seasons so far

and as for dialogue choices, i try my best to remain polite, calm unless someone is being a downright asshole then i have no choice but to be nasty at them back
Old 22-07-2021, 01:52 PM   #1708
Mystic Mock
Blues 28th best team.

Favourites (more):

Just be hostile to the love interest in Season 3 Nicky and then you're well away.

I've played the first Luigi's Mansion Game on the 3DS and it is a decent Game, but I'm sorry the difficulty is far too high for my tastes (and I say that as someone that's beaten SMT: Nocturne & San Andreas) so I'm not a wimp when it comes to difficult Video Games.

However the level that beat me lasted over 40 minutes with no checkpoints, aggressive enemies, finding Mario's items which can be frustrating, and then the actual boss fight with Boo had clunky as hell controls and it ended up killing me.

Basically if Nintendo do a version of Luigi's Mansion that actually has a checkpoint at that level then I'd give the Game another chance as all of the levels that I'd played are actually well made, but to me there's a difference between difficult and then being unreasonable, and sadly Luigi's Mansion has fallen into the unreasonable camp for me.

I've also been replaying FIFA 12 which was fun to play.
Old 22-07-2021, 02:25 PM   #1709
Nicky91

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Just be hostile to the love interest in Season 3 Nicky and then you're well away.

I've played the first Luigi's Mansion Game on the 3DS and it is a decent Game, but I'm sorry the difficulty is far too high for my tastes (and I say that as someone that's beaten SMT: Nocturne & San Andreas) so I'm not a wimp when it comes to difficult Video Games.

However the level that beat me lasted over 40 minutes with no checkpoints, aggressive enemies, finding Mario's items which can be frustrating, and then the actual boss fight with Boo had clunky as hell controls and it ended up killing me.

Basically if Nintendo do a version of Luigi's Mansion that actually has a checkpoint at that level then I'd give the Game another chance as all of the levels that I'd played are actually well made, but to me there's a difference between difficult and then being unreasonable, and sadly Luigi's Mansion has fallen into the unreasonable camp for me.

I've also been replaying FIFA 12 which was fun to play.
i like most of the characters so far in season 3, am now at episode 2 ''ties that bind part 2''

the revelation of
Spoiler:

Richmond been taken over by new frontier, and we sent Eleanor and Kate to that without protection, the looks on most their faces
Old 22-07-2021, 03:25 PM   #1710
Mystic Mock
Blues 28th best team.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
i like most of the characters so far in season 3, am now at episode 2 ''ties that bind part 2''

the revelation of
Spoiler:

Richmond been taken over by new frontier, and we sent Eleanor and Kate to that without protection, the looks on most their faces
I think I remember that scene.
Old 22-07-2021, 03:36 PM   #1711
I like BB

The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony on the PS3.

Pac-Mania from Pac-Man Collection on the GBA SP.

World Rally Championship, and a bunch of games from Taito Legends 2 on the PS2.

Last edited by I like BB; 22-07-2021 at 03:37 PM.
I like BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 02:58 PM   #1712
Dezzy
Babs

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
BB17: Jayne
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

I'm playing through FFVII Remake on the PS5, I was planning on just playing the DLC, but then I realised that my saved data was on the PS4 that I wiped and got rid of so I'm using it as an excuse to play though again.

I've also started Cris Tales on the Series S, it's cute so far. I like the time mechanics in battles. So, like, you can poison an enemy, fling them into the future and they'll instantly take all the poison damage at once. Or you could use that poison attack on an enemy in the past, bring them back to the present and that poison will have spread to their allies. It's quite an interesting system.
Old 26-07-2021, 03:47 PM   #1713
Toy Soldier
Duke of Sussexy

I'm not entirely convinced that save data will transfer between FFVII remake entries. I hope it does, to make it feel like a more cohesive "single long game" once all parts are released, but I feel like it's going to start over as pseudo-level-1 just with a more powerful "base level" to reflect the experience gained in the first game.

I feel this is especially likely given that it's apparently a bit of a headache to transfer the PS4 save data for it to the PS5 version... you basically have to install the PS4 version before you get the PS5 version, go into the game menu, upload the save to PSN, quite, completely delete the PS4 version data, THEN get the PS5 version, and download the save from PSN. If you do it in the wrong order you can't downgrade from PS5 version to PS4 version to access the save file .

So... it's not been designed in a way that particularly has me thinking they'll be carrying over the data. The vast majority who played part 1 on PS4 simply won't have access to that data on PS5 (which presumably, most people will be playing part 2 on, if there even is a PS4 version).
Old 26-07-2021, 09:44 PM   #1714
Mystic Mock
Blues 28th best team.

Favourites (more):

Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal.

It's a fun Game so far, it's annoying trying to get the badges though.
Old 02-08-2021, 01:58 PM   #1715
Nicky91

Favourites:

can someone help me out? pls pls

i have finished TWD season 3 new frontier just now, and i went into Final season, so it told me ''import local save'' which i did, basically same save file from all previous seasons, but it still told me, verify some of your choices, is this normal? so all of my choices move over into final season?
Old 02-08-2021, 02:02 PM   #1716
ArgyESC
#Equivocal

Favourites:
X Factor 2016: Saara Aalto

slither.io
Old 05-08-2021, 02:13 AM   #1717
Mystic Mock
Blues 28th best team.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
can someone help me out? pls pls

i have finished TWD season 3 new frontier just now, and i went into Final season, so it told me ''import local save'' which i did, basically same save file from all previous seasons, but it still told me, verify some of your choices, is this normal? so all of my choices move over into final season?
It's perfectly fine Nicky, just put in all of the stuff that you did in the first three Seasons and you're away.
Old 05-08-2021, 02:15 AM   #1718
Mystic Mock
Blues 28th best team.

Favourites (more):

Oh and I've played Home Sweet Home on the PS4, that is some creepy ****, and the difficulty is sadistic but oddly fair at the same time.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:01 AM   #1719
Nicky91

Favourites:

so i had my start on TWD final season

love it already, Clem & AJ

as for the ''romance'' i'm more drawn towards Violet, who i feel is so similar to my Clem, and Louis is soooo similar to all the people i travelled with in previous seasons who ended up dying, music is fun yes but in a world like that music is noise so it is dangerous as it attracts walkers

as for the train station,
Spoiler:

i pushed Abel out of window towards the walkers

i petted Rosie, of course love her too
Nicky91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 02:13 PM   #1720
Dezzy
Babs

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I'm not entirely convinced that save data will transfer between FFVII remake entries. I hope it does, to make it feel like a more cohesive "single long game" once all parts are released, but I feel like it's going to start over as pseudo-level-1 just with a more powerful "base level" to reflect the experience gained in the first game.

I feel this is especially likely given that it's apparently a bit of a headache to transfer the PS4 save data for it to the PS5 version... you basically have to install the PS4 version before you get the PS5 version, go into the game menu, upload the save to PSN, quite, completely delete the PS4 version data, THEN get the PS5 version, and download the save from PSN. If you do it in the wrong order you can't downgrade from PS5 version to PS4 version to access the save file .

So... it's not been designed in a way that particularly has me thinking they'll be carrying over the data. The vast majority who played part 1 on PS4 simply won't have access to that data on PS5 (which presumably, most people will be playing part 2 on, if there even is a PS4 version).
I think there will be some sort of crossover, but only for people who have the PS5 version. I think it'll be a case of keeping Summon Materia and potentially weapon and skill progress.
Old 07-08-2021, 03:04 PM   #1721
Nicky91

Favourites:

i'm into final season of TWD

into the end of episode 2 of Life is Strange

into experimenting with FIFA 21

and i got my shortlist already sorted, for my birthday wishes, i only want to continue with LiS when i can also move on with Before the Storm, and then onto True Colors, i think i'll skip the second one, but maybe wise to play BtS since one of its characters Steph is in that, maybe there are things what i say or do, what she'll mention in True Colors idk episodic adventures have me puzzling like such all the time

i so wish telltale would still exist, since their games i find fab, and i think there were still so much more series/movies they would've been able to make also episodic adventure genre out of (like i think Alien franchise would've worked better with Telltale, or Spiderman, or a game based upon Riverdale would also been nice, for you to interact with some of main characters but still your own storyline)

so many game ideas i have myself
Old 11-09-2021, 09:40 AM   #1722
Nicky91

Favourites:

had started over with TWD New Frontier, i had ****** up with some of my choices somehow (tbh i think i'm going to play season 1, season 2 few more times either since you got many many outcomes, choices, dialogue options) and i still have to play 400 days and Michonne for first time

my F1 2021 game we ordered that now, and will arrive on tuesday already made a decent longlist of team names, and driver name ideas (i want existing former driver names but also few original name ideas of course)

Last edited by Nicky91; 11-09-2021 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-09-2021, 02:24 PM   #1723
Dezzy
Babs

Favourites (more):

Cris Tales

It has a good first half and a truly terrible second half. The battle system starts off great as there's a time manipulation mechanic that they really make use of during the first half but it's basically thrown to the wayside in the second.

It's like they ran out of budget in the second half as the story has no flow to it and you're forced to return to each of the previous four cities three times in a row before the final battle for padding purposes. The game is also only around 15 hours long which is pitiful for a RPG and when you eventually see the world map, it's literally just four small islands floating in a vast empty sea.

It's a mess and and full-priced one at that. I pity anyone who actually brought this game.

As a Game Pass game, I'd give it a 5/10 since I really did enjoy the first half but if I spend £35 on this game, I'd have given it a 2/10 at best. It's a £10 game at best being sold for more than triple the price.
Old 14-09-2021, 08:19 AM   #1724
Toy Soldier
Duke of Sussexy

I’m still on Ghost of Tush, taking my time and not getting huge amounts of time to play (and I got distracted by an epic Stellaris campaign for a couple of weeks). Also I got the PS5 upgrade and it was buggy as **** for the first week- I was a bit worried - it was having loading issues . menu elements taking ages to pop in was the first sign but the main issue was that it drastically affected AI pathing and NPC positions. In short, enemies couldn’t pathfind properly and we’re getting hilariously stuck in random places, but worse than that, they weren’t “physically” where they seemed to be. Sword would go right through them. There was also a split second delay in their combat animation vs the actual hit which made dodging and parrying - basically the pillars of the combat system - nearly impossible.

They did patch it relatively quickly, thankfully.

Anyway I am now playing through the new island before finishing The main game… once you start it you have to finish it, the enemies are tougher than main game, and you get a tonne of new abilities. I feel like I’m going to be arriving back in the main game massively OP .
Old 14-09-2021, 09:52 AM   #1725
Nicky91

Favourites:

my f1 2021 game arrives today for ps4

i wanted that one, more after looking you don't necessarily need a steering wheel controller, but i am pretty good around R1, R2, L1 L2 controls and the joysticks

and it can't be more difficult than on PC which was all complicated letters

Last edited by Nicky91; 14-09-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
game or s, playing