Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-05-2021, 01:27 PM #76
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Conservative voters here are part of the public, so you are insulting them.
Choosing to be offended doesn't make what I say a direct insult at you. You're just choosing to be disingenuous and pretend to be offended in order to try to enact consequences against me because you cannot tolerate that I have an opinion you don't like.

You're not arguing against what I'm saying, you're trying to completely remove it. You really don't like freedom of speech, huh?
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 01:38 PM #77

Quote:
Conservative voters here are part of the public, so you are insulting them.

On Dezzy it is Great he speaks his mind
He corrected me
I agree I needed correcting.

Thats why TIBB is better than other Forums

Speak your mind
do not attack posters.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 01:42 PM #78
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
On Dezzy it is Great he speaks his mind
He corrected me
I agree I needed correcting.

Thats why TIBB is better than other Forums

Speak your mind
do not attack posters.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 01:49 PM #79

Great One Alf

Top Quality Film
Old 07-05-2021, 02:08 PM #80

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Choosing to be offended doesn't make what I say a direct insult at you. You're just choosing to be disingenuous and pretend to be offended in order to try to enact consequences against me because you cannot tolerate that I have an opinion you don't like.

You're not arguing against what I'm saying, you're trying to completely remove it. You really don't like freedom of speech, huh?
You aren’t offending me and I’m not pretending anything because I don’t vote Conservative. I’m in N. Ireland and have always voted SDLP.
You say that Conservative voters are spineless and up Boris’s arse. That then applies to Conservative voters who post here, how could it not?
Of course you don’t insult anyone personally because you could get infracted, but you are still indirectly insulting them. It’s ridiculous to deny it.
I believe in freedom of speech for all which is why I can use mine to give my opinion of your freedom of speech, not to silence it.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 04:31 PM #81
Banned

Banned

Quote:
You aren’t offending me and I’m not pretending anything because I don’t vote Conservative. I’m in N. Ireland and have always voted SDLP.
You say that Conservative voters are spineless and up Boris’s arse. That then applies to Conservative voters who post here, how could it not?
Of course you don’t insult anyone personally because you could get infracted, but you are still indirectly insulting them. It’s ridiculous to deny it.
I believe in freedom of speech for all which is why I can use mine to give my opinion of your freedom of speech, not to silence it.
You're trying to turn a general statement into an insult aimed at other members, thus, attempting to get it seen as such and likely removed. You can't say it's freedom of speech while at the same time you're making a conscious effort to limit my own.
Old 07-05-2021, 04:40 PM #82

Last edited by arista; 07-05-2021 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-05-2021, 05:10 PM #83

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You're trying to turn a general statement into an insult aimed at other members, thus, attempting to get it seen as such and likely removed. You can't say it's freedom of speech while at the same time you're making a conscious effort to limit my own.
You aren't insulting members directly so they wouldn't be removed, but you are making indirect insults. Obviously. Freedom of speech means you are free to do that and I am free to comment on it and point out that you can't argue with the inarguable.

Last edited by jet; 07-05-2021 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-05-2021, 06:58 PM #84

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Best moment of the elections for me.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 07:52 PM #85
Banned

Banned

Quote:
You aren't insulting members directly so they wouldn't be removed, but you are making indirect insults. Obviously. Freedom of speech means you are free to do that and I am free to comment on it and point out that you can't argue with the inarguable.
And I'm free to point out the flaws in what you're saying.

You didn't argue against what I'm saying, you didn't offer up a counterpoint, you just went straight to disingenuous outrage to negate what I was saying.
A very lazy method.

You tried to use what I always say about freedom of speech against me but it completely flops considering that I'm not trying to silence you. You feigned outrage at what I said to score points and I pointed out how that is an effort to undermine what I said by making out that I'm insulting people when I'm talking in broad terms. You can be offended all you want, that is your opinion but you tried to get offended over words you've stuffed down my throat. That isn't freedom of speech because you're not arguing against what I've said, you're arguing against what your interpretation of what I've said.

This is why you should focus on forming solid arguments rather than parroting what is said to you to attempt a gotcha.
Old 07-05-2021, 09:18 PM #86

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And I'm free to point out the flaws in what you're saying.

You didn't argue against what I'm saying, you didn't offer up a counterpoint, you just went straight to disingenuous outrage to negate what I was saying.
A very lazy method.

You tried to use what I always say about freedom of speech against me but it completely flops considering that I'm not trying to silence you. You feigned outrage at what I said to score points and I pointed out how that is an effort to undermine what I said by making out that I'm insulting people when I'm talking in broad terms. You can be offended all you want, that is your opinion but you tried to get offended over words you've stuffed down my throat. That isn't freedom of speech because you're not arguing against what I've said, you're arguing against what your interpretation of what I've said.

This is why you should focus on forming solid arguments rather than parroting what is said to you to attempt a gotcha.
It's quite simple - I had an opinion which had you clutching your pearls and I will repeat that you can't argue with the inarguable, so I won't be replying to any more of your waffle and insults.
Old 08-05-2021, 12:15 AM #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Best moment of the elections for me.

Yes Labours Paul Williams
Running away.
Old 08-05-2021, 02:35 PM #88
Banned

Banned

Quote:
It's quite simple - I had an opinion which had you clutching your pearls and I will repeat that you can't argue with the inarguable, so I won't be replying to any more of your waffle and insults.
You took offense to my comments on tories, yet you accuse me of pearl clutching for responding to your accusations? My whole argument against you this thread is that you're literally feigning outrage to try to cancel out an opinion you dislike. To accuse me of pearl clutching just goes to show that you're only concerned with parroting what I say without understanding the context at all.

You're gonna have to do better, playground tactics work well in the playground, but you're just gonna make yourself look childish if you keep playing 'I know you are, but what am I?'

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
6th, byelection, conservative, contest, hartlepool, hill, labour, mike, mp, resigned, win