Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 28-03-2020, 12:24 AM #76

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):

Instead of clapping why doesn't the government find more ways to help the NHS especially now when they're struggling.
Old 28-03-2020, 12:26 AM #77

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

I'm sure there are a good few reasons atm.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-03-2020, 12:27 AM #78

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I understand the gesture to show appreciation , but i just wish more was done to help the NHS and the workers
Old 28-03-2020, 12:36 AM #79

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
I understand the gesture to show appreciation , but i just wish more was done to help the NHS and the workers
I agree, because I think you mean at this present moment..

But what can we do?...sit at home and let them get on with it.??.pretending it's not happening.!!.
Maybe all go out and help all at once?...

or look out our windows and let them know we are with them in thier time of need..not ours!

When you look at it like that it actually has nothing to do with us, it's them...the people that chose that profession and thier determination to carry on..

Our modern day soldiers, in a very very serious modern war...people didn't deny others apprecitation in the past as the soldiers were sent of to die, so why should the event last night..??

I just wish I could do more myself, but I can't cause we can't....I nor anyone else should be held reposnible for that.

Last edited by parmnion; 28-03-2020 at 12:39 AM.
Old 28-03-2020, 12:37 AM #80
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldHeart View Post
That's my main issue with it, I think it's mostly empty praise, I just don't believe that when all of this is finally over people will be insisting on the NHS being better funded and better run and medical staff being given the respect that they have ALWAYS deserved - not just now that something big is happening. I think people will quickly forget that they were clapping in the street and will be happy for NHS staff to continue to be under-paid and taken for granted.

I would be very, very happy to be proven wrong. I would be ecstatic if this was some sort of turning point for healthcare across the whole world. But I just don't see it... And then in a few decades when the next new viral pandemic comes along (because this won't be the last), people will somehow still be shocked at how ill-prepared we were, and will be clapping in their doorways again for their new-found heroes.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 28-03-2020 at 12:38 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-03-2020, 12:41 AM #81

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
That's my main issue with it, I think it's mostly empty praise, I just don't believe that when all of this is finally over people will be insisting on the NHS being better funded and better run and medical staff being given the respect that they have ALWAYS deserved - not just now that something big is happening. I think people will quickly forget that they were clapping in the street and will be happy for NHS staff to continue to be under-paid and taken for granted.

I would be very, very happy to be proven wrong. I would be ecstatic if this was some sort of turning point for healthcare across the whole world. But I just don't see it... And then in a few decades when the next new viral pandemic comes along (because this won't be the last), people will somehow still be shocked at how ill-prepared we were, and will be clapping in their doorways again for their new-found heroes.

You are talking like the football will be back on by October, get a grip..nobody is going to forget this..not for many many many years.
Old 28-03-2020, 05:31 AM #82

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post

I just hope this is a lesson learnt, this definitely won't be the last virus pandemic but hopefully we'll be better prepared.

I wish it was a turning point aswell, I always worry about important services like the NHS as I would never want us to end up with a healthcare system like America.

Our NHS staff need more than cheers and clapping .
Old 28-03-2020, 06:53 AM #83
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

I voted labour last december, who actually had a plan to fund the NHS and it’s workforce, so my part was already done

Last edited by Samm; 28-03-2020 at 06:56 AM.
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-03-2020, 01:26 PM #84

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm View Post
I voted labour last december, who actually had a plan to fund the NHS and it’s workforce, so my part was already done
So relateable me too
Old 28-03-2020, 01:36 PM #85
Banned

Banned

Sadly too many people only care about the NHS workers when it affords them a chance to make themselves look good. It's the same with the army, how many people only care about the troops when it comes to gathering likes on Facebook or for a sense of self satisfaction in November?

If you truly care about the NHS, get knowledgeable on the politics behind it and remember this ordeal when the time comes to vote. Vote for whoever has the best policy's for the NHS, clapping won't change the dire circumstances and the stress these people are under.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bell, clapped, hope, rang