Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:21 AM #1

Default Charlie playing the ill mum card yet again!

Let me start by saying I fully appreciate that his mum being in a coma is awful and I sympathise with that.
But in my opinion what he is now doing is playing this card far too often in order to make people feel guilty about competing against him.
Charlie needs to appreciate that everyone in that house has entered a competition to win, they all have their reasons and people they may want to help with the money etc
I really do not feel its fair for him to keep on about the situation about his mum, I think this is the reason more and more people are saying they want him to win, he has obviously told them his story and they feel guilty now for trying to beat him.

Isaac said the main reason for him wanting to go last night was hearing charlie`s story
Without live feed we cant see what is being said through the day, but it is becoming apparant that charlie is saying about his story on a daily basis.
Now he is talking about charities and wanting to give to needy causes etc
Talking about the starving people abroad etc, bea is engaging him and is genuinely talking about the plight in the third world countries etc
But Im not so sure charlie is as passionate as he would like us to believe.
Wish he would just be himself and stop this guilt trip stuff he is putting on people
NONESHALLPASS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:23 AM #2
Jaydaughter

Favourites:
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’
BB13: Adam

Jaydaughter

Favourites:
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’
BB13: Adam

He's over doing it, it's reminding me of the X Factor.
Jayson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:24 AM #3
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Yeah they seem to be editing that out on the HL's, I only found out about it all yday.
InOne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:24 AM #4

Quote:
Originally posted by Jayson
He's over doing it, it's reminding me of the X Factor.
your right jay he's over playing it right now and its sicken me
arsenalforever is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:27 AM #5
MissKittyFantastico

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: Matt Cardle

MissKittyFantastico

Favourites:

I'm also starting to think that he must keep mentioning his mum.

The fact that Isaac knew about it when he had only been in the house two days speaks volumes really.

I'm with you, I feel terribly sad for him and his family, but to keep reminding people why you are there and trying to gain sympathy is a bit much.

On the other hand though, BB haven't actually SHOWN us him doing this, so we haven't been influenced by the story of his mum, I doubt very many of the voting public will even know about it tbh.

Him telling the HM's isn't going to help him win, unless we think that every HM who is evicted saying they want Charlie to win may somehow sway people towards voting for him?
MissKittyFantastico is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:28 AM #6

Quote:
Originally posted by NONESHALLPASS
Let me start by saying I fully appreciate that his mum being in a coma is awful and I sympathise with that.
But in my opinion what he is now doing is playing this card far too often in order to make people feel guilty about competing against him.
Charlie needs to appreciate that everyone in that house has entered a competition to win, they all have their reasons and people they may want to help with the money etc
I really do not feel its fair for him to keep on about the situation about his mum, I think this is the reason more and more people are saying they want him to win, he has obviously told them his story and they feel guilty now for trying to beat him.

Isaac said the main reason for him wanting to go last night was hearing charlie`s story
Without live feed we cant see what is being said through the day, but it is becoming apparant that charlie is saying about his story on a daily basis.
Talking about the starving people abroad etc, bea is engaging him and is genuinely talking about the plight in the third world countries etc
Wish he would just be himself and stop this guilt trip stuff he is putting on people
Charlie IS being himslf. He suffers from Attention Deficit Hypeactivity Disorder as a consequence of a Vagus nerve condition .
His apparent 'back-stabbing' that people refer to is a conseqence of his condition whereby in order to process knowledge he needs to share it. If you watch his so called 'back stabbing' anything he says abut people, he tells them about. he needs to share knowledge to achieve a consensus. He needs to estblish a common Weltanschauung (world view) before he can process knowledge himself. He can't operate in a world with secrets or competing perspectives because he doesn't know what to believe.
The_Long_Run is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:28 AM #7
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

I don't think many have said Charlie to win, and it's not like he is really favourite or anything.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:36 AM #8

Quote:

I agree, he is playing the guilt card far too often. I know he may not be aware of what he is doing, but it still has the same effect on the viewer as well as the other HMs.

As for Bea attempting to educate Charlie and Marcus about third world plights, it comes across as both condescending and a little misinformed, but I do applaud her intent.
Insane_Spirit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:39 AM #9

Quote:
Originally posted by MissKittyFantastico

The fact that Isaac knew about it when he had only been in the house two days speaks volumes really.

I'm with you, I feel terribly sad for him and his family, but to keep reminding people why you are there and trying to gain sympathy is a bit much.

On the other hand though, BB haven't actually SHOWN us him doing this, so we haven't been influenced by the story of his mum, I doubt very many of the voting public will even know about it tbh.

Him telling the HM's isn't going to help him win, unless we think that every HM who is evicted saying they want Charlie to win may somehow sway people towards voting for him?
Thats exactly what will happen when the hosuemates are evicted and asked who they would like to win most will say charlie.
Its happened a few times already
Old 02-08-2009, 01:43 AM #10
MissKittyFantastico

Favourites:

MissKittyFantastico

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Long_Run
Quote:

Charlie IS being himslf. He suffers from Attention Deficit Hypeactivity Disorder as a consequence of a Vagus nerve condition .
His apparent 'back-stabbing' that people refer to is a conseqence of his condition whereby in order to process knowledge he needs to share it. If you watch his so called 'back stabbing' anything he says abut people, he tells them about. he needs to share knowledge to achieve a consensus. He needs to estblish a common Weltanschauung (world view) before he can process knowledge himself. He can't operate in a world with secrets or competing perspectives because he doesn't know what to believe.
Are you Charlie's doctor or something?
Old 02-08-2009, 01:44 AM #11

Quote:
Quote:

Thats exactly what will happen when the hosuemates are evicted and asked who they would like to win most will say charlie.
Its happened a few times already
A few people I know have actually gone off Charlie since Noirin said she was backing him to win.
Insane_Spirit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:44 AM #12
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Long_Run
Quote:

Are you Charlie's doctor or something?

There is a weird unhealthy obession there lol Charlie has a stalker!
Old 02-08-2009, 01:46 AM #13

u know pete of bb6 played "god said i will win, if i dont win, god doesn't exist etc.", then he won bb!

maybe manipulating housemates and public obviously works sometimes.

however, charlie's story seems genuine, i think.

charlie does need the money!

his story of gay bashing, coma mama etc are very very sad.

he needs sympathy and empathy.

it is not a bad things if he wins!
camertone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:50 AM #14

I think regardless, big bro should give a donation to charlies cause. he's put hours in and entertained us so his loss of time with his mum should be credited to a worthwhile cause
Big_Kahuna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:50 AM #15

Quote:
Originally posted by camertone
u know pete of bb6 played "god said i will win, if i dont win, god doesn't exist etc.", then he won bb!

maybe manipulating housemates and public obviously works sometimes.

however, charlie's story seems genuine, i think.

charlie does need the money!

his story of gay bashing, coma mama etc are very very sad.

he needs sympathy and empathy.

it is not a bad things if he wins!
He shouldnt win just for that, i have sympathy but i dont want him to win this simply because people are sorry for him.
I want a person who has entertained me to win

And here he is yet again going on abot his mothers story to marcus
Old 02-08-2009, 01:53 AM #16

Favourites (more):
BB12: Jay
CBB8: Jedward

Favourites (more):

sorry but if my mum was in a coma, i would talk about it. he doesn't seem like the type of person that would actually use something as serious as that to win a gameshow.

whether the other hm feel bad for him is their choice. they aren't voting for him anyway, it's the public, so it makes no difference and it's not been on the HL shows so can't influence the public
kisywisy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:53 AM #17

Quote:

And here he is yet again going on abot his mothers story to marcus
What a judgemental expression 'going on about'. He is just telling Marcus how much he loves his Mum. How proud he is of her.
The_Long_Run is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:57 AM #18
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Well just as long as housemates don't nominate him just cos of his sob story.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:58 AM #19

Quote:
Originally posted by kisywisy
sorry but if my mum was in a coma, i would talk about it. he doesn't seem like the type of person that would actually use something as serious as that to win a gameshow.

whether the other hm feel bad for him is their choice. they aren't voting for him anyway, it's the public, so it makes no difference and it's not been on the HL shows so can't influence the public
IF my mum was in a coma i wouldnt be on BB full stop
I dont care if i had waited 10 years to get on I wouldnt go on knowing my mum was in hospital

I didnt say he shouldt talk about his mum, what i said was he keep repeating the same story about her being in hospital all the time, its apparant that it is affecting h/m`s people are commenting in there all the time how much they would like to see charlie win.
Marcus has said it, freddie has, lisa, kris did, saffia did and noirin did the other night
If he is upset about losing these months with her etc then why enter in the first place? he said its not about the money
Old 02-08-2009, 01:58 AM #20
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

When Siavash had the choice to make one housemate immune for nominations, nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww we know why he chose Charlie!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:00 AM #21

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by InOne
Well just as long as housemates don't nominate him just cos of his sob story.
i think they all nominate people they have had spats with or don't get on with.

don't think he's been nominated yet coz he's not really ruffled any of their feathers except rodrigo
Old 02-08-2009, 02:02 AM #22
MissKittyFantastico

Favourites:

MissKittyFantastico

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:

I dont care if i had waited 10 years to get on I wouldnt go on knowing my mum was in hospital

I didnt say he shouldt talk about his mum, what i said was he keep repeating the same story about her being in hospital all the time, its apparant that it is affecting h/m`s people are commenting in there all the time how much they would like to see charlie win.
Marcus has said it, freddie has, lisa, kris did, saffia did and noirin did the other night
If he is upset about losing these months with her etc then why enter in the first place? he said its not about the money
I actually said this myself when I first heard about his mum, I don't think I would have gone on a show where I could be gone for 4 months.

How would he feel if she suddenly passed away (God forbid) and he wasn't there with her?
Old 02-08-2009, 02:04 AM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:

you have got no proof that he keeps talking about it though. they have got limited things they can talk about in the house, lets be honest. they can either talk about other hm or what's happened in the house or family/friends on the outside.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:04 AM #24

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I actually said this myself when I first heard about his mum, I don't think I would have gone on a show where I could be gone for 4 months.

How would he feel if she suddenly passed away (God forbid) and he wasn't there with her?
Probably what he has asked is they keep him informed of any change he needs to know about etc
They usually do that dont they??
It wouldnt be enough for me though, I would have to be near and definately not on BB
Old 02-08-2009, 02:06 AM #25
MissKittyFantastico

Favourites:

MissKittyFantastico

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by InOne
When Siavash had the choice to make one housemate immune for nominations, nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww we know why he chose Charlie!
For God's sake get your facts right.

He chose Marcus.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
card, charlie, mum, playing