Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB2 Brian Dowling, Helen and Paul, Dean and the rest of the Big Brother 2 housemates from 2001.

Old 17-12-2001, 09:47 AM #1

Default Job on Liberty

Whahay! Congratulations on your first thread Penny.

I also posted this on TalkBB, but I think Penny deserves a thread.

During one of my regular newsagents loitering sessions yesterday I saw that either the People or News of the World had a very short item about Penny. If I remember correctly ..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Big Brother's Penny Ellis is still presenting a program on Liberty Radio.
WHY?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not entirely sure whether the WHY was a comment from the sub-editor wondering what the point of the story was, or if they really didn't understand the role of a DJ in a radio broadcast.

Has anyone heard this show, or even know the frequency they broadcast on? It would be interesting to hear how Penny is doing after all this time out of the house. If she's been doing it for a while she's probably pretty good by now.
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2001, 10:01 AM #2
Administrator

Administrator

Hi Feefs - well done on making the first post in Penny's thread.

Found this info on Radio Liberty - their website is currently under construction:

Liberty Radio broadcasts music and conversation to London and the surrounding area 24 hours a day on 963 & 972 Medium wave Liberty Radio plays classic hits from the 70's, 80's & 90's and is where you'll find presenters such as: Nick Pandolfi/Sadie Nine, Charlie Jordan, Alton Andrews, Matthew & Myma, Tom Davies, Penny Ellis, Vicky Jay & Neile James.

.... and yes, there's our Penny!! Must try to tune in some time - although it doesn't say if they broadcast nationwide, and their signal might not reach across the border to bonnie Scotland! :santa:

.... and I've just realised it says that it only broadcasts to London and the surrounding areas, so I've no chance!

Anyone nearer to London and able to tune in?? :rudolph:
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-12-2001, 11:43 AM #3

I've just done a bit of internet rummaging myself and come up with the following.

Radio Show For Penny
Former Big Brother housemate Penny Ellis has been signed by London's Liberty Radio to host her own regular Saturday morning radio show.
Her programme will be broadcast from 10:00 to noon from Liberty's headquarters in east London.
Tom Davies, Liberty's Programme Director, said: "Big Brother's loss is our gain. Penny has attracted a lot of attention since the show and we can't wait to get her on air, she will bring a huge amount of interest to the show and to Liberty."
Penny Ellis said: "The opportunity that Liberty has given me is really fantastic. When I first visited Liberty's studios, there was such a great atmosphere and buzz, I immediately felt at home. It's great to be based in Stratford and keep my roots here, whilst being able to talk to people from the whole of London."

Assuming she's still doing the original Saturday morning slot, I won't be able to listen to her until the New Year. I too will be in bonnie Scotland.

Also on my rummagings I found these two websites of interest

http://www.celebagents.co.uk/html/penny_ellis.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/kent/uncovered/...y_ellis2.shtml

The first is for some agents you can ring to book Penny. I see they also hire out Mike McLean from the Big Breakfast, which could explain why she's worked with him a few times. The blurb about her is a bit strange, but the photo is nice. In fact the whole site is a bit wierd. They have the most bizarre list of celebs for hire.

The second link is to an interview she gave for the local BBC site.
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
job, liberty