Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:53 AM #26

Quote:
Originally posted by J-Rock
I've been reading and enjoying the forums for a few weeks now (thanks guys!), but finally felt it time to put in my little diatribe even if it falls off the track quickly.
First off, welcome to the forum mate.

Quote:
All this 'turnaround' against Freddie - I just don't get it. Freddie is simply beasotted. All the Freddie haters/dislikers/ex-fans seem to simply feel that he has somehow become 'unworthy' as a HM. It is so obvious - he is 23 (I'm 38 and see 23 as a young age of potential naivety, indeed it's not far out of adolescence!!) and he's simply been spellbound. He expresses this in perhaps unusual ways, some of which may appear rather sycophantic and even 'creepy' to some, but I just don't see this in him at all. For me, it really is a case of 'bless him' (with a touch of delusion - we have ALL been there in some form!). I really feel sorry for him now. Yes, he is still responsible for his actions and some of them have cringed me out, but when you really look at him all I can see is a kind soul. Look at the whole person and the whole time someone has been in the house. Also... (sorry, I may as well get it all out while I can!)....
Yeah, fair point with regards to Bea she's portayed herself as pretty much his ideal woman, and he's fallen head over heels, from the moment they sat on the smokers bench and she spilt alcohol on his jacket, the fella was smitten. Good on him, fancying someone, lusting after them, falling in love it's a beautiful thing, it's uncomfortable to watch someone fall for someone who has played him from the start.

I've never been a 'fan' of Freddie, and whilst yes some of his behaviour can be justified by his feelings for Bea, there have been a number of circumstances where I've thought - what a plonker.
1. the rabbit night - he gave this big melodramatic performance as if he were in a hollywood movie, acting as a lawyer defending a client in court, wildy gesticulating with his hands. Personally, if there's a problem...let's sit down, have a chat. No need for a showstopping performace, it just made more of a farce out of the situation. He's not in the house of commons yet!!
2. Most recently the snide comments about David whilst layed beside the pool with Markus. I dislike arrogance, and for him to agree with Markus that the two of them should have gone to the diary room to pick the most entertaining housemate, was immature, and extremely arrogant to believe he had a superior right over others to do anything in the house.

There's more instances, but I think you get the jist as to why personally i've not been too impressed with him at times.

Quote:
That song he sung was not only extremely funny (cringingly so on first listen, but has since made the family laugh out the windows on a few occassions - 'sex outside weather' one of best lines of the series), but also came from the heart. Again, true expression. To me this is TRULY being oneself. ****** those who think he's making a fool of himself.
Yes the song was from the heart, and I'm all for self expression, the intention behind the song was very sweet. My one problem is the delusion in that he sees himself as a talented singer, for a guy who prides himself on being intelligent I thought he'd have a bit more self awareness. Or maybe like you say it's just down to being young and his self awareness will develop with time.

Quote:
And as for 'derangingly' laughing at Lisa in that clip on C4 website where she's ranting at him - that is his laugh of slightly immature, but probably deserved revenge for all her previous plotting where she thought he was an easy target. She showed how threatened she was today. A bully never likes it when they have been stood up to/shown out/weakened etc..
Lisa was pretty nasty to Freddie in the first few weeks. Fair enough that since then Freddie has voiced his opinions to the likes of Siavash, markus, noirin and bea. I think there can come a time when a situation has calmed down to an extent, (i don't think Lisa has 'bullied' freddie since Chris left) and it's actually Freddie which is antagonising the situation. Revenge yes, but it was done in a very arrogant manner. Yes on the whole he's probably a nicer person than Lisa, but that air of superiority creeps in of 'i'm better than you' and I don't like that in a person.

Quote:
I do wish he'd part waves with Bea as he does seem to be riding on her waves, but it aint gonna happen I fear. She's even been holding his hand in bed most of tonight as she feels upset about being nominated! This will not stop me liking him. Either you like someone or you don't. I like him and unless he really 'hurts' someone in there, will continue to do so until the end.
Not nice to see anyone get their heart broken, it's a shame his feelings are getting in the way and he's unable to see Bea for what she is. I'm suprised Markus and Siavash haven't said 'you do know this girl is whinging about you behind your back'. Having as some would argue been bullied in the first few weeks, it seems somewhat ironic the roles have reversed and he's now supporting the behaviour of a bully.

That's just my take on it all mate, what I would say is that he has been an entertaining housemate. I think he's been put on a pedastol by some people when in reality he's just another human being with good and bad traits.
a_2009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:03 AM #27

Quote:
I've been reading and enjoying the forums for a few weeks now (thanks guys!), but finally felt it time to put in my little diatribe even if it falls off the track quickly.

All this 'turnaround' against Freddie - I just don't get it. Freddie is simply beasotted. All the Freddie haters/dislikers/ex-fans seem to simply feel that he has somehow become 'unworthy' as a HM. It is so obvious - he is 23 (I'm 38 and see 23 as a young age of potential naivety, indeed it's not far out of adolescence!!) and he's simply been spellbound. He expresses this in perhaps unusual ways, some of which may appear rather sycophantic and even 'creepy' to some, but I just don't see this in him at all. For me, it really is a case of 'bless him' (with a touch of delusion - we have ALL been there in some form!). I really feel sorry for him now. Yes, he is still responsible for his actions and some of them have cringed me out, but when you really look at him all I can see is a kind soul. Look at the whole person and the whole time someone has been in the house. Also... (sorry, I may as well get it all out while I can!)....

That song he sung was not only extremely funny (cringingly so on first listen, but has since made the family laugh out the windows on a few occassions - 'sex outside weather' one of best lines of the series), but also came from the heart. Again, true expression. To me this is TRULY being oneself. ****** those who think he's making a fool of himself.

And as for 'derangingly' laughing at Lisa in that clip on C4 website where she's ranting at him - that is his laugh of slightly immature, but probably deserved revenge for all her previous plotting where she thought he was an easy target. She showed how threatened she was today. A bully never likes it when they have been stood up to/shown out/weakened etc..

I do wish he'd part waves with Bea as he does seem to be riding on her waves, but it aint gonna happen I fear. She's even been holding his hand in bed most of tonight as she feels upset about being nominated! This will not stop me liking him. Either you like someone or you don't. I like him and unless he really 'hurts' someone in there, will continue to do so until the end.

aye it's all a good bit of fun innit!

Great post. I do think he is seeing the light with Bea - he told her early this morning that she moans too much and is bitchy and should chill out more.
olga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:14 AM #28

good first post
worth waiting for
luminoussun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:11 AM #29

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

I agree,well said,I'm still supporting Freddie
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:12 AM #30
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
UBB: Brian
BB11: Josie
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
UBB: Brian
BB11: Josie

Hes bloody annoying lets face it!
NettoSuperstar! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:16 AM #31

Quote:
Originally posted by gee
Quote:
Originally posted by VickyJ
I agree with every point you made there, brilliant first post
Triple agreed.
BB22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:48 AM #32

Quote:
Originally posted by arsenalforever
Quote:
Originally posted by jet
Quote:
I've been reading and enjoying the forums for a few weeks now (thanks guys!), but finally felt it time to put in my little ..........

First post my ass. Another account, more like.

You make excuses for him because he is '23'. My 16 year old wouldn't be cruel to anyone (like he was to David) just because he fancies someone. NO EXCUSE!

A man with a mind of his own and good morals wouldn't cast them aside for a woman who is obviously a big headed, patronizing bitch. If that is the sort of person he is attracted to, then there is something badly wrong with him.
You say unless he 'hurts someone' you will continue to like him. Don't you see that he hurt David, and was HORRIBLE to him - questioning in an arrogant way who he chose to be friends with?
That was way out of order, and his age is no excuse!
oh another hater and david was a prat anyway
To be fair, Jet makes a good point and surely "being a prat" is not a reason for someone to be ganged up on to the point of possible bullying. You can have a view on here without it coming from a position of hate you know.

I do agree with a lot of what J-Rock says, but there is 2 sides to all of this and we have to try to be more objective in what we see/say. I am certainly more in the Marcus & Freddie camp (but not Bea - great housemate/bitch) on the show in general, and I can't stand Lisa, but we can't be blind to the times when the ones we like are in the wrong. It doesn't mean that I suddenly want them evicted. Lisa and David have been unfairly treated lately (sometimes they've deserved it too) but she's still a bitch and I want her out to see to look on her face, just not yet though.
Len_Brennan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:58 AM #33

Freddie needs a slap round the head to see some sense.
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:26 AM #34

DO NOT LIKE HIM FREDDIE TO GO ON FRIDAY HE IS BITCHING NOW
starbell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:43 AM #35

OP great post!
minx36 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:16 AM #36

I have always liked freddie but since bea has been there he is doing just what lisa was doing in the first few weeks, every time bea has a go at david he gets involved, He has always called lisa for her and her little crew ganging up on people but he carnt see bea is using him. One night she tells him not to touch her then last nght on live feed she was snuggled up again, she is the game player if she stays on friday she will tell him to p..off again.I hope she goes then freddie mihgt get back to his old self
yvonne1959 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:36 PM #37

The problem with Jet's response is the assumption: 'first post my ass' - this simply discredits the rest of the response for me, but I read it anyway.

OK, age not an 'excuse', but you're talking like he's committed a crime. Age simply helps explain why and how Freddie has become infatuated with Bea (context), and then 'gone along' with alot of her 'flow'.

Much of the 'bitching' attributed to Freddie has simply been him nodding in agreement to some things said (and not all in my opinion - he has at times shown disagreement). I agree he has sometimes come across not so great. But this is the point: as soon as Freddie has shown certain 'traits' (that they have ALL shown in terms of taking sides, bit of bitching etc. that we ALL do in everyday life), the haters have come out gunning for him on their bandwagon.

It seems odd how David has suddenly appeared as a 'nice sweet guy' who is being picked on, when all I can remember before 'buttergate' was a man who was quite gobby and bitchin with Lisa. Not saying he's a bad man, but don't remember him being all sweet and innocent.

Freddie is an odd chap, with odd mannerisms and that's what makes him Freddie. Either you like him or you don't. To me he is an endearing character who has been a bit of a love sick puppy of late and made some mistakes...quite simple really...

J-Rock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:37 PM #38

Favourites (more):
I'm a Celeb 2012: Eric Bristow
X Factor 2012: James Arthur

Favourites (more):
I'm a Celeb 2012: Eric Bristow
X Factor 2012: James Arthur

i like freddie, hope he stays this week
Rob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:39 PM #39

freddies not going anywhere he still has some hardcore loyal fans who will vote to save him!!!!!! 09016 16 16 05!
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:51 PM #40

Quote:
Originally posted by jet
Quote:

First post my ass. Another account, more like.

You make excuses for him because he is '23'. My 16 year old wouldn't be cruel to anyone (like he was to David) just because he fancies someone. NO EXCUSE!

A man with a mind of his own and good morals wouldn't cast them aside for a woman who is obviously a big headed, patronizing bitch. If that is the sort of person he is attracted to, then there is something badly wrong with him.
You say unless he 'hurts someone' you will continue to like him. Don't you see that he hurt David, and was HORRIBLE to him - questioning in an arrogant way who he chose to be friends with?
That was way out of order, and his age is no excuse!
Please please explain how he was cruel to Davith? All he did was speak his mind and warn him about Lisa! He did not raise his voice, swear or name call unlike Lisa!
nickc25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:06 PM #41

The arrival of Bea has shown up the crass delusional side of his personality..........Not a pretty sight as with her around he behaves like his new name.....Like a halfwit......
SO TRUE, I LIKED HIM TO START WITH BUT EVEN BEFORE THE BITCH CAME IN HE WAS GETTING TO COCKY AND ARROGANT, HE SHOULD HAVE STAYED HIMSELF AND NOT CHANGE INTO THE ASS WIPE HE IS NOW, I DONT HATE HIM I JUST DONT LIKE HIM ANYMORE SIMPLE AS, HE IS A PATRONISING TOFFY NOSED ASS WIPE WHO HAS TEAMED UP WITH THE OTHER TOFFY NOSED ASS WIPE AKA QUEEN BITCH, HE'S LOST A LOT OF SUPPORTERS BECAUSE OF HIS DAFT INFATUATION WITH HER ACTING LIKE A 14 YEAR OLD SCHOOL BOY, "DO YOU FANCY ME " FFS A WAS PEEIN MA PANTS
nastynorrie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:58 PM #42

Nastynorrie - is there a reason for the capital letters - are you shouting?

Anyway, most of the 'bitching' and hatred comes from this site, not from the house. Interesting.

Personally, I would never vote Tory or normally associate with 'toffs' as you refer - but for me Freddie is his own person (indeed quite a unique one) and no way near as bad as some people are making him out to be. NO WAY NEAR. There, I'm doing it now! Simply because he has become infatuated (and led astray) and started to do what THEY ARE ALL DOING (Charlie as much as anyone!) in terms of opening his mouth a bit more, we then get proper hatred - seems more like prejudice/jealousy to me...

As for the '14 year old schoolboy reference' - you seem to be quoting Bea who at the same time you seem to despise. For me, him asking that question ('do you fancy me?') corroborates my argument that he is a rather endearing, immature, and sweet character. It was what he should have asked in the first/second week she was there. It was a long time coming and took some bottle. That would show that he is far less delusional than you and others claim. i.e. he was becoming aware she may not fancy him so he asked her outright. I loved his cool response 'that's a shame'. He took it well. For me a plus point. It's all about perceptions on here and if you've got it into your head that 'this one is a toff, or this one is a bitch', then that's all you'll see.......

Old 05-08-2009, 03:03 PM #43
OAP Member

OAP Member

Freddie is a sweet man, who instead of lowering himself to lisa's agressive level, laughs at her! The best way to deal with her in my opinion was to show her that he wasn't listening to her.

Great first post and don't let people put ou off!

bansheewails is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:13 PM #44

OK, so please PLEASE justify to me how Halfwit was 'bullying' anyone?

The point you guys keep making is that he raised the issues he had with David "in front of people" - well, they were the ones being spectators - he didn't ask for them all to be there.

The issues he raised were just that he is being friends with Lisa when he's seen her bitching and being nasty in the weeks leading up to his entry into his house. He didn't call names, he didn't swear, he didn't raise his voice, he wasn't aggressive. He gave his opinion - that is NOT bullying.

David swore/ raised his voice/ was unnecessarily mean to people / refused to explain his opinions (ie because they can't be explained - he has no good reason to dislike certain people, he just doesn't because Lisa doesn't/)
Lisa was aggressive, foul-mouthed and insulting as well, and also wouldn't listen.

I know who's behaviour I would prefer as my own in a situation like that.
LaRainbow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:16 PM #45
Lemon Twerper

Lemon Twerper

LOVE the Username J-ROCk
MargeryFan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:30 PM #46
The Ounce

Favourites:
BB11: Ben
The Ounce

Favourites:
BB11: Ben

Quote:
Originally posted by ElProximo
One very good point:
He is, after all, 23 years old. When you get in your thirties you can really see just how 'adolescent' that age was.
At the time, nobody thinks that. You are convinced you got it all figured out.

I suppose what has turned everyone off was that he was beyond confident in his 'analysis' and to the point of sheer arrogance and even disbelief anyone would question it.
Of course we at home have the advantage of knowing he is wrong. Camp Frankenstein is annoying as hell and I couldn't handle him for more than 2 minutes at a time,
but,
he has not come in with any 'game plan', doesn't work off of his advantage of what happened before and has actually befriended those people who he likes and doesn't like.
He sure as hell wouldn't have taken up with Lisa instead of Freddy if that were true!
Freddy and even Siavash have become as deluded and arrogant as Marcus and now cannot even comprehend how anyone would not act according to their 'paradigm' they are so certain.

But Freddy was getting on my tits weeks ago and has been downhill ever since.
His 'maniacal laughter' does not, in itself, bother me as much as yet again another annoyingly inappropriate response with more inexplicable nasal wheezing, titters and drawls.
Seriously, he is mentally retarded and probably from drug-induced gay sex orgies.
Obscenely wealthy, lazy, useless, arrogant twit.
You've been saying Freddie is "mentally retarded" in several posts now. The definition for mental retardation is an IQ that falls below 70. Freddie's was about 125. ;/
Stardoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:02 PM #47

WELL SHE MUST OF FANCIED HIM LAST NIGHT, SHE HELPED HIM LETS JUST SAY RELIEVE HIMSELF OF HIS SEXUAL TENSIONS, DIRTY SNOOTY TRAMP BORN TO HAND JIVE IS HER NEW SONG
Old 05-08-2009, 05:12 PM #48

It seems Freddie still has plenty of support. One month to go and much more can happen yet. I do fear, though, that people will use Bea (Bea's 'Smug' Gang etc.) to get at Freddie. He found himself in that situation due to his relationship with Marcus and then the 'honey-trap' laid by Bea. He is 'guilty by association', even though Lisa was the gangmaker from the start anyway, so only natural that another 'gang' would be formed in the house. This is the social experiment that BB is all about (partly scripted or not). Remember, as much as a bitch Bea is (and I'm NOT a fan), remember WHO she is/has been bitching against...Noirin, Isaac, Lisa (and Lisa's 'gang'...well David)...

Does sort of make sense dunnit!!

In fact the more I think about it the more ridiculous this 'bullying' accusation is getting. There are now simply two warring factions in there.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:22 PM #49

THERE'S ALWAY'S A DIVIDE IN THE HOUSE, REMEMBER THE LIP STICK BITCHES, WELL WE HAVE FREDDY BEA MARCUS SIAVASH AND THEN WE HAVE LISA DAVID DOGFACE RODRIGO HIRA AND CHARLIES A GO BETWEEN BUT TO ME THE BIGGEST BITCH SO FAR IN BB IS BEA BY A MILE
Old 05-08-2009, 05:34 PM #50

Welcome and thankyou for a great 1st post. You would after reading the posts on here think that non of the male forum members have ever been besotted with a female. He doesnt deserve all the hate hes getting imo.
xmynxiex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
'bandwagon', freddie, rolling