Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:11 AM #26
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

He may have had a panic attack he may not have its down to the individual to make their own decision.

He does have problems communicating with people, he does not have problems verbalising his feelings.

He may be eccentric, he may have dyslexia, he may even have a touch of Aspergers syndrome. Thats between him and his doctor.

He may just be a good actor. He certainly can be dramatic.

Both he and his family knew what he was letting himself in for when he entered BB. He obviously thought he was strong enough to cope with all the various pressures he would come under in the house.

The one thing you have to understand is Endemol cover their butts, if he was in severe distress they would have had him pulled out or someone into him if that was not possible. They have medical personnel monitoring the house at all times.

If he had received medical assistance they would have stated that in the show, as they have done on numerous previous occassions, if only to prevent people making complaints to both CH4 and OfCom.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:43 AM #27
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mike888
Believe me, from someone who suffered panic attacks for years and years, if all my attacks had been like that it wouldn't have screwed up my younger years so much. That was just attention seeking, and for someone who wants to become a politician yet can't handle an insult from a stupid scheming little wannabee Halwit needs to seriously reconsider his ambition. He really needs to toughen up, he's just coming across as a pathetic little wimp at the moment!
Yep, and thanks for your real-life experiences to provide contrast to the issue.

His attention seeking was pathetic, he decided to use his DR crocodile tears and his 'panic attack' at poor Bea to gain pathetic sympathy votes.

Any HM that simultaenously boosts Lisa's popularity and dimishes Halfwit's (mediocre, apart from biased nerdy forums) popularity, gains my gratifications. She is entertaining though.

Bea's had to endure 3 days of her mind being utterly fcuked over by Halfwit, who has pounded her to death with the same topic over and over, and the same over-analysing babble. Awful.

He's refused to leave her alone upon kind request, and in the end she had no choice but to get totally drained and distressed by it.

His solution was his crocodile tears in the DR and his 'panic attack' for being called negative.

If he can't hack the SHOCK HORROR of being called 'negative' (LOL!), why dish it out?

Bea doesn't get sympathy because she's not crazy and doesn't have a 'panic attack'?

Nonsense.
LisaFan! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:46 AM #28
MissKittyFantastico

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: Matt Cardle

MissKittyFantastico

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: Matt Cardle

Quote:
Originally posted by LisaFan!
Quote:
Believe me, from someone who suffered panic attacks for years and years, if all my attacks had been like that it wouldn't have screwed up my younger years so much. That was just attention seeking, and for someone who wants to become a politician yet can't handle an insult from a stupid scheming little wannabee Halwit needs to seriously reconsider his ambition. He really needs to toughen up, he's just coming across as a pathetic little wimp at the moment!
Yep, and thanks for your real-life experiences to provide contrast to the issue.

His attention seeking was pathetic, he decided to use his DR crocodile tears and his 'panic attack' at poor Bea to gain pathetic sympathy votes.

Any HM that simultaenously boosts Lisa's popularity and dimishes Halfwit's (mediocre, apart from biased nerdy forums) popularity, gains my gratifications. She is entertaining though.

Bea's had to endure 3 days of her mind being utterly fcuked over by Halfwit, who has pounded her to death with the same topic over and over, and the same over-analysing babble. Awful.

He's refused to leave her alone upon kind request, and in the end she had no choice but to get totally drained and distressed by it.

His solution was his crocodile tears in the DR and his 'panic attack' for being called negative.

If he can't hack the SHOCK HORROR of being called 'negative' (LOL!), why dish it out?

Bea doesn't get sympathy because she's not crazy and doesn't have a 'panic attack'?

Nonsense.
I like the way you have picked on the post where someone who has suffered with panic attacks disputes the fact that Freddie had one tonight when all over the board there are people like myself who also suffer with them and other anxiety issues, who have stated that what they saw with Freddie could very much BE called a panic attack or severe state of anxiety at least.

As usual you are picking the posts that suit your POV and ignoring other people who disagree with you.

How convenient yet again.
MissKittyFantastico is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:47 AM #29
0_o

0_o

LOL there Are other examples of people using personal experiences to explain freddies behaviour. Why pick up on the ONLY one that says it was not a panic attack. Ahmedfan you are ridiculous beyond belief
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:03 AM #30

Freddie showed all the symptoms of a panic attack. He is an intelligent man who was tryin to compute conflicting data comin into his head. I was not just Bea. We saw him having a very supportive conversation with Siavash at the bus-stop at the end of which he thanked Siavash for his support. Subject to the edit, and we don't know what interval there was in this, Freddie went to the bedroom and Marcus followed him in to say 'Don't trust Siavash" Freddie is asking himself who can I trust. On Fag-gate night, Marcus did the same trick saying 'don't trust Bea' and without telling where it came from Freddie began demonstrating to her that he didn't trust her and telling her she was whingey and moany.

Marcus has been a very bad influence on Freddie (deliberately) and has removed the support structures upon which Freddie was relying.

Yes Freddie had a panic attack and most people seem able to accept that at face value. However, Bea was also clearly in mental distress at the sudden change in attitde that she had encountered from Freddie. She was not attackig him wilfully and vindictively, she was trying to understand the situation and telling Freddie off for the way he was treating her.

Bea HAS seen what Marcus has been up to, sadly Freddie is believing Marcus when he tells him you can't trust ANYONE exept me. Freddie's mind is trying to rationalise inputs he is receiving that conflict with that INSTRUCTION from Marcus. Of course he is hit with a panic attack when is brain says 'does not compute' and he goes round and round in circles trying to make sense of it. The only way to make sense of it is trust everyone EXCEPT Marcus!
The_Long_Run is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:01 AM #31

My my thanks for all the interesting posts both positive and negative (dont worry I've got tablets to control the attacks if need be) Just 2 points to finish off with, if you've never suffered a panic attack then dont pretend to be an authority on them. I dont believe even qualified medical professionals know exactly what sufferers go through if they have never experienced it for themselves, I'm damn sure mine didnt. Secondly if there is a doubt about Freddie's mental condition then surely he should be assessed by a GP in order to see if he is fit enough to remain in the house. Its up to BB to look after the well being of all the housemates. Thanks again folks..... night
mike888 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:13 AM #32

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by tremault
do some more research. panic attacks are different for different people.
You need to do some research. In fact 'panic attacks' are not that different between people.
I wonder if the people who are saying 'Its different for everyone!' are actually just saying that in a sort of 'bluff' or assumption that it will be true.

Urinating is different for different people. That is about as sensible a claim too.
Yes, well I guess we all urinate 'differently' but the fact is that we all pee because of and in the same physiological ways each time.

Same for 'panic attacks'. Its the same thing for everyone.
ElProximo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:18 AM #33

Quote:

That is a Great Case for his Eviction
this friday.

Bea needs to Lay more into him
it will do him good in the long run.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:54 AM #34

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaye
I've suffered them at all levels for about 18months. From extreme and crying desperatly in bed thinking I was about to die (racing heart, blacking out, dizzyness, fitful, racing mind etc) to looking completely normal in the street but crumbling inside. There really is a vast range of symptoms and they can be very physical. Not just mental. It's the scariest thing I've ever coped with and I'm afraid (much to some peoples disgust) I will always sympathise with people that go through that on ANY level. Even mild anxiety
Only true anxiety and panic attack sufferers would know this.

I hear you it's sounds pretty much like myself. And yes... I also sympathise with people too at ANY level of this illness...
mcka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:56 AM #35

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaye
I've suffered them at all levels for about 18months. From extreme and crying desperatly in bed thinking I was about to die (racing heart, blacking out, dizzyness, fitful, racing mind etc) to looking completely normal in the street but crumbling inside. There really is a vast range of symptoms and they can be very physical. Not just mental. It's the scariest thing I've ever coped with and I'm afraid (much to some peoples disgust) I will always sympathise with people that go through that on ANY level. Even mild anxiety
Only true anxiety and panic attack sufferers would know this.

I hear you it's sounds pretty much like myself. And yes... I also sympathise with people too at ANY level of this illness...
mcka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:12 AM #36

Quote:
Anyone that knows me knows I don't like Freddie, but last nights highlights were gross. I think Freddie really couldn't handle the venom of Bea. I actually felt sorry for him, Bea had no reason to rip him apart like she did. She's a first class two faced biatch!! She quietly ripped him apart. Remember he loved her... it was the ultimate betrayel hence his reaction. My vote will be for marcus tonight the house would be a duller place without him.
tas666 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:49 AM #37

Quote:
True
Entervoice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:12 AM #38

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Entervoice
Quote:
True
False.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:19 AM #39
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally posted by ElProximo
Quote:
Quote:
True
False.
^^Bollox

They are different for different people, and even for the same person they can have varying degrees of intensity.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:27 AM #40

There really are some sick individuals on this board. It seems that the result of this gameshow and the desire to 'up' your favourite by putting down the others at all costs trancends even basic levels of human decency and compassion. Thats a prety grim state of affairs...go you
smellthecoffee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:31 AM #41

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

I think it was more of a mini breakdown rather than a panic attack, but people deal with panic attacks in different ways so who knows, and the method he was using to calm himself down was one that someone from anger management calms themselves down, Im not saying he used to go to anger managment classes, but it could be likely as you can tell in pervious arguments he manages to keep calm.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:32 AM #42

What ever anyone says about Freddie, positive or negative, their is no denying that he has been the talking point of this years Big Brother!
rsefitpro2009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:34 AM #43

Quote:
Originally posted by smellthecoffee
There really are some sick individuals on this board. It seems that the result of this gameshow and the desire to 'up' your favourite by putting down the others at all costs trancends even basic levels of human decency and compassion. Thats a prety grim state of affairs...go you
agreed.
k1ck3m0n is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:35 AM #44

Quote:
Originally posted by rsefitpro2009
What ever anyone says about Freddie, positive or negative, their is no denying that he has been the talking point of this years Big Brother!
Agreed.
Combo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:35 AM #45

Quote:
Wow the freak is soooo suitable to be a politician. Creepy, slimey and totally untrustworthy. He would fit in well with the other politicians
Zien is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:36 AM #46

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by VickyJ
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
True
False.
^^Bollox

They are different for different people, and even for the same person they can have varying degrees of intensity.
In a previous post I compared this to saying "Urination is different for different people'.
Well wonderful!
You would probably add to that "Bollox. there is also different degrees of urination intensity'.

Well researched and well understood:
Panic Response, similar to many other human physiological responses like 'Laughing' or 'Yawning' or 'cold temperature response' are UNIVERSAL for all living human beings.
Yes.
This is not a 'who knows' debate but you only need to:
- be subject to panic attacks (which are not really 'attacks') for a decade,
- spend years studying this physiological miracle
- meet and eventually counsel hundreds of people who experienced these.

Again, you can go ahead and say 'well its different for everyone',
but,
what you have said is as helpful as saying 'digesting food is different for everyone,
or
"well laughing is different for everyone"
or
"well how the body responds to cold temperatures is different for everyone".
Well wonderful. what a great insight.
Meanwhile - all of those things are most definitely going to follow the same principles in all humans.
They are not 'randomly sorted' or to be believed that one person might digest solids in their kidney,
while another squirts insulin on his birthday,
yet another might urinate gasses.

One of THE most fascinating things a new person will encounter the first time they hear detailed testimonies from others in group:
How not only are the physiological symptoms largely the same but even how SPECIFIC thoughts, sometimes even word-for-word the self-talk is between them and others and how exactly identical so many 'interpretations' are between different people.
Which is massively helpful as (for example) they believed that nobody else ever looked at a kitchen knife on the counter and had a scary thought "what if I picked that up and cut myself",
yet,
20 other 'panic attack sufferers' had word-for-word identical thoughts.

Anyways.. I wish you would stop posting deliberately stupid antagonisms at me.
I know you wont but I can dream cant I?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:41 AM #47

mike888 Male - I agree mate

Ive worked in a hospital and a care home, that wasnt a F**cing panic attack....

the guy is now attention seeking coz he knows he was in the f**ckin wrong..

hope he goes on Friday, if he doesn't we will need to cringe for another few weeks
craigie2405 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:42 AM #48
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by VickyJ
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
True
False.
^^Bollox

In a previous post I compared this to saying "Urination is different for different people'.
Well wonderful!
You would probably add to that "Bollox. there is also different degrees of urination intensity'.

Well researched and well understood:
Panic Response, similar to many other human physiological responses like 'Laughing' or 'Yawning' or 'cold temperature response' are UNIVERSAL for all living human beings.
Yes.
This is not a 'who knows' debate but you only need to:
- be subject to panic attacks (which are not really 'attacks') for a decade,
- spend years studying this physiological miracle
- meet and eventually counsel hundreds of people who experienced these.

Again, you can go ahead and say 'well its different for everyone',
but,
what you have said is as helpful as saying 'digesting food is different for everyone,
or
"well laughing is different for everyone"
or
"well how the body responds to cold temperatures is different for everyone".
Well wonderful. what a great insight.
Meanwhile - all of those things are most definitely going to follow the same principles in all humans.
They are not 'randomly sorted' or to be believed that one person might digest solids in their kidney,
while another squirts insulin on his birthday,
yet another might urinate gasses.

One of THE most fascinating things a new person will encounter the first time they hear detailed testimonies from others in group:
How not only are the physiological symptoms largely the same but even how SPECIFIC thoughts, sometimes even word-for-word the self-talk is between them and others and how exactly identical so many 'interpretations' are between different people.
Which is massively helpful as (for example) they believed that nobody else ever looked at a kitchen knife on the counter and had a scary thought "what if I picked that up and cut myself",
yet,
20 other 'panic attack sufferers' had word-for-word identical thoughts.

Anyways.. I wish you would stop posting deliberately stupid antagonisms at me.
I know you wont but I can dream cant I?
I cant be bothered to read another one of your ridiculously long and usually bullshit filled posts, so answer me this one question. If they are not different for different people, how come some people dont even realise they take them, until afterwards when they are diagnosed, because they are so mild, and others feel like they are having a heart attack? How come some people merely get breathing problems whilst others visibly suffocate? How come some people vomit during, and others dont? Come on mr expert...lets hear you contradict my partners GP
Old 12-08-2009, 08:44 AM #49

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Being as you like to talk analy,YOU are talking a load of crap,my dad is a doctor and panic attacks are NOT the same in everyone,they can vary in symtoms,I suggest before you spout off your lack of medical knowledge you look it up.as for Freddie being a wimp,rather a wimp,than a verbally abusive person
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:45 AM #50

He does not have Aspergers - He engages, looks people in the eye and can empathise.

He did not have a panic attack - He felt anxious and wanted some attention by saying he was having a panic attack.

He has no inner resources to sustain himself after Bea gave him some straight talking.

In conclusion he has a paperthin personality and uses his perceived intelligence to gain authority. When that authority is challenged and broken down he has nothing to fall back on. Hence the pathetic performance last night.
Luanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
arse, attack, freddie, panic