Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 18-08-2009, 09:24 AM #1

Default Entertainment Vs Revenge

I've been a bb fan for the 10yrs it's been running. Year after year people vote the most entertaining people out early and the last three weeks or so are generally very boring. (remember last years winner????..I rest my case!)

I'm soooo tired of Bea being over dramatic and spend a lot of time giving out to the tele, ~~BUT~~ at least she gives us something to talk about, she's keeping the boards buzzing right now.

Fans of L/F are being treated to sleeping heads most nights of the week with the exception of one or two, namely Bea and Marcus, and occasionally Charlie. Love them or hate them they are the only reason L/F is interesting.

Lisa likes to get her little chicks into the duvet nests early, and only occasionally, generally because of a ruckus caused by Bea, Marcus or Charlie, are they up late, even then it's just for a fag and then back to bed.

Keeping Bea in, although it goes against the grain, would at least keep the show entertaining for the coming weeks, giving her even more arrogance and yes, making her more annyoing but entertaining (because we know she's disliked)

Losing David would also kick Lisa's entertainment value up a notch, putting the cat among the pigeons so to speak.

Before you dial your vote this week, decide whether you want boring or entertaining, especially those of us who have been canvassing for the return of L/F.
Shannieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 09:31 AM #2

I agree with you 100 per cent but it's not going to happen is it. The public wants it's revenge and wants it now.

I'm afraid we're in for 2 weeks of Happy House after Friday night
BJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 09:34 AM #3
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

You know as well as I do revenge always wins out!! And tbh, I'm not finding her entertaining anymore, infact I cant bear to watch her moaning anymore. Every HL show is just her crying or being nasty to/about someone or whinging with her poor me bullshit. No more Bea OUT!
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 09:37 AM #4

it always comes back to this dilemma but part of the joy is evicting the bad 'uns

to keep her in would be be seen as a reward for basic bad behaviour and awful personality flaws and its also asking people to put "on ice" their instinctive response to this

its like asking the police to let the serial killer carry on for another week since its creating some great gory news stories (i exaggerate)

This a show with a money "reward" built in to it ..its very natural for people to kick out the least likeable since they are seen as the least deserving
BitterFruit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 09:38 AM #5

Quote:
Originally posted by BJ
I agree with you 100 per cent but it's not going to happen is it. The public wants it's revenge and wants it now.

Like every other year Which makes me wonder if the're be a BB11. Maybe the producers will pick the two MOST HATED housemates from each of the last ten years and put them all in together for the next series...interesting eh? Can you see Nasty Nick, Mikosi and Noirin battling it out for the title, now THAT would be entertainment...lol
Old 18-08-2009, 09:39 AM #6

Quote:
Originally posted by BJ

Well so long as Marcus is in there to remodel his next victim into a hate figure by insidious manipulation, as he did with Sree, then Noirin and has now with Bea, it ain't gonna be a Happy House. Wonder who is next, I suspect he'll try with Siavash.
The_Long_Run is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 09:42 AM #7

Quote:
Originally posted by BitterFruit
it always comes back to this dilemma but part of the joy is evicting the bad 'uns

to keep her in would be be seen as a reward for basic bad behaviour and awful personality flaws and its also asking people to put "on ice" their instinctive response to this

its like asking the police to let the serial killer carry on for another week since its creating some great gory news stories (i exaggerate)

This a show with a money "reward" built in to it ..its very natural for people to kick out the least likeable since they are seen as the least deserving
Yep, I completely agree with you, and if this were next week, or the week after, I'd say get her out, (part of me is saying it already) But....wouldn't it be better to get rid of some of the dross first, leave the interesting one's in. If David goes, who will Lisa set her sites on? Will she decided on Bea? Will she end up having another row because she's got no-one to wind down with? I still think, leave her another week, and then when she's gained more confidence take her out. Revenge is a dish best served cold
Old 18-08-2009, 09:44 AM #8
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Long_Run
Quote:
Originally posted by BJ

Well so long as Marcus is in there to remodel his next victim into a hate figure by insidious manipulation, as he did with Sree, then Noirin and has now with Bea, it ain't gonna be a Happy House. Wonder who is next, I suspect he'll try with Siavash.
Haha, I think they were all capable of making people dislike all by themselves!!! And there is NO WAY Siavash will be hated
Old 18-08-2009, 09:44 AM #9

The trouble is , if Bea stays in it will become the Bea Show. And anyway, what is wrong with a Happy House??? BRING IT ON!!
Daffodil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 09:48 AM #10
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Daffodil
The trouble is , if Bea stays in it will become the Bea Show. And anyway, what is wrong with a Happy House??? BRING IT ON!!
Exactely and it's NOT entertaining, who wants to listen to someone crying and whinging??? I don't! Marcus is entertaining, I don't really like him but I'll be the first to admit he was entertaining. Noirin was entertaining though again maybe not the nicest of girls but Bea??? No, How is that entertainment?? she's like a nagging wife that men run to the pub tto avoid listening to!!
Old 18-08-2009, 09:52 AM #11
Nah

Nah

I didn't support Freddie and Bea was right to do what she did to him so to me it's not revenge.
he is the ultra mega bitch I have been waiting for so long, I enjoyed her, really I did but I think last night she took it a bit too far. It's time for her to go.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 09:57 AM #12

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

LOL Don't even try defending her and trying to convince us to not vote her out its a lost cause
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 10:00 AM #13

And so whay you suggest is to vote out someone like David, who is not as entertaining but deserves to win more than Bea in the final night, and then next week you would have us vote out someone like Sophie who is not the most entertaining but deserves to win over Bea in the final night.

Do you see where i'm going, where your suggesting we all go.

These threads are so annoying because they always pre-suppose that people that vote Bea like characters out of the house are acting out of a petulant, short sighted need to show revenge, to the Hm's we dislike, where as you in your wisdom and long term thinking wish to keep them in whilst voting out the ones that actually may deserve to win the money.

Let me be very clear, you cannot have it all, nothing can escape balance, if you want fun, fun,fun, be prepared to vote for a Charly, a Bea, or a Lisa to win the 80 grand cash prize.

Is that what you want, because that's what you'll get.

It is the Op's of threads like these that are short sighted, so stop making these idiotic threads and realise if Bea gets voted out it is because she deserves to go. Entertainmet is not God.
PaulyJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 10:05 AM #14

Quote:
Originally posted by Niamhxo
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Long_Run
Quote:
Originally posted by BJ

Haha, I think they were all capable of making people dislike all by themselves!!! And there is NO WAY Siavash will be hated
not even after we see what he does in the nominations tonight? I think people are getting a little tired of him too
wilful_woodpecker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 10:21 AM #15
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Haha, I think they were all capable of making people dislike all by themselves!!! And there is NO WAY Siavash will be hated [/quote]

not even after we see what he does in the nominations tonight? I think people are getting a little tired of him too [/quote]

I'm not, I think it's entertaining, alot more entertaining then someone whinging/crying!! Siavash to win !!!!!!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
entertainment, revenge