Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 22-08-2009, 10:39 PM #51
Banned

Banned

Fair enough, I'm just very skeptical because you get a sudden thrust of people hateing and proverbially 'hanging' a HM on here, all at the same time. In Charlie's case he's been the same throughout. I also observe this same phenomenon on DS, where in 1 or 2 days a sudden mass of Charlie hate infested the forum. It just seems all very convenient and bandwagon like.
AhmedFan2004 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 10:41 PM #52

Quote:
Originally posted by AhmedFan2004
But alchemists, Charlie hasn't been fake or fooled anyone, like Bea. He's been the same from the start, good or bad. He always did his pranks and fooled around, from the start. He's always been friendly as well, but with a harsher side to him.

It's not like he turned on the bad-ness this past week. He's been the same. Hence why I refer to scapegoating, timed propoganda, etc.

It's his turn for the chop, so to speak.
K fair enough but my opinion has been that Charlie is fake and that he is only acting like the nice guy and ive thou that from the begining,probable from when him and Kris stole the drink and Charlie still tried to lie about it,but fair enough Charlie does seem to be the new BB hate figure but all I can say is rightly so.
And I know it does seem like more people have started to not like him this last week but I just think less people are being fooled by the fake cheeky chappie routine he has been doing.
I just find it hard to believe that people hadnt sussed out Charlie before now cause its been obvious for so long.
All the telling every1 how much of a nice guy he is just isnt on,a nice guy doesnt go around telling people so,and he turns on the niceness to certain people and others he doesnt.
Just remember back to the new housemates coming in Charlie didnt make any of them feel welcome infact he was an utter tosser to all the new housemates when they came in,he was nice to them the night they came in but after that he was a ignorant ****.
alchemists1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 10:44 PM #53

Quote:
Fair enough, I'm just very skeptical because you get a sudden thrust of people hateing and proverbially 'hanging' a HM on here, all at the same time. In Charlie's case he's been the same throughout. I also observe this same phenomenon on DS, where in 1 or 2 days a sudden mass of Charlie hate infested the forum. It just seems all very convenient and bandwagon like.
Could it be that people get annoyed by seeing the same thing at the same time given that they are watching the same show?

Also a forum means someone posts a topic and it's discussed so if someone posts I hate charlie and alot of people agree that's just responding to a topic.

I kinda get that you like to think your own way and not appear part of a group so see people who do that as nob ends (probably lol) but on a show like this people are either going to like him or not so it's just your on the liking him band wagon, and if your opinion is that you don't have an opinion, how non conformist of you, why do you care that other people have one?
pixee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 10:47 PM #54
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by alchemists1
Just remember back to the new housemates coming in Charlie didnt make any of them feel welcome infact he was an utter tosser to all the new housemates when they came in,he was nice to them the night they came in but after that he was a ignorant ****.
All the newbies were treated like garbage. Hira ignored, Tom ostracized for being muscular and good looking, Kenneth pigeon-holed very quickly, Bea was liked only because of being a blonde female, David was stereotyped and played about by Bea, etc.

None of them are particularly nice people, all in all. They all have their negative points. Especially if one chooses to focus on them.

I will say now, whether he reads the situation rightly or wrongly, Charlie is willing to defend people and stick his neck out on the line. I do think his heart is in the right place a lot of the time.

He's shown far more affection in there than many others. Freddie was praised on the forums, but I've never seen him show compassion to anyone, hug them, comfort them, etc.

Whilst Marcus was isolated, he was too busy trying to get into Bea's pants. Loyal.
Old 22-08-2009, 10:50 PM #55

I think the only conclusive bandwagon thats been jumped on is the Marcus phenominum lol every1 hated him but now he is gettin called a legend.
Old 22-08-2009, 10:51 PM #56

Quote:
Quote:
All the newbies were treated like garbage. Hira ignored, Tom ostracized for being muscular and good looking, Kenneth pigeon-holed very quickly, Bea was liked only because of being a blonde female, David was stereotyped and played about by Bea, etc.

None of them are particularly nice people, all in all. They all have their negative points. Especially if one chooses to focus on them.

I will say now, whether he reads the situation rightly or wrongly, Charlie is willing to defend people and stick his neck out on the line. I do think his heart is in the right place a lot of the time.

He's shown far more affection in there than many others. Freddie was praised on the forums, but I've never seen him show compassion to anyone, hug them, comfort them, etc.

Whilst Marcus was isolated, he was too busy trying to get into Bea's pants. Loyal.
Who did he defend out of curiosity?

Btw Freddie stepped in to defend Siavash when Noirin threw him to the "wolves".

He hugs and makes a fuss of people as they leave on live television if that is what you mean?
Old 22-08-2009, 10:52 PM #57
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by pixee
I kinda get that you like to think your own way and not appear part of a group so see people who do that as nob ends (probably lol) but on a show like this people are either going to like him or not so it's just your on the liking him band wagon, and if your opinion is that you don't have an opinion, how non conformist of you, why do you care that other people have one?
Just seems rather contrived and non-coincidental that all of a sudden you get a large number of FMs who converge in their view of Charlie as being bad, nasty etc, yet he's been the same all along.

Appears as 'timed' hate and propoganda, rather than anything in-line with the show. I'm not against opinions per se, but 'group' attacking of HMs for no reason does infuriate me. Look how much stick Lisa got on here, 98% being lies, false claims and abuse!
Old 22-08-2009, 10:54 PM #58

As housemates get evicted you have to change to someone else or not bother voting anymore and everyone is entitled to their own opinion as to who to vote for
questain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 10:58 PM #59

Quote:
Quote:

K fair enough Charlie's heart might be in the right place and he is not as nasty as say Bea,as in no concious atall but Charlie has held back and people have'nt seen the real Charlie so we dont really know if he is a good guy or not,but on the evidence of the times Charlie's mask has slipped he doesnt come across as a nice guy.
In general this Big Brother there hasnt been any genuinly nice people in the house,they have all been selfish self centred all about themselves kinda people,with maybe the exceptions being Hira and Tom but we will neva know cause they were'nt really in there long enough to really see what they are all about..
Old 22-08-2009, 10:58 PM #60
Banned

Banned

Quote:

He hugs and makes a fuss of people as they leave on live television if that is what you mean?
Like I said, his heart is in the right place. Whether he reads the situation right or wrong isn't all that important. He thought Bea was being ganged up on and upset, so he defend her and showed compassion. He doesn't see everything that we see either, remember Bea was nice around Charlie.

Charlie's a good guy, he's shown far more compassion than many of the 'popular' HMs on here. Freddie hasn't comforted anyone or showed much compassion at all, he's not socially in-tune at all.

He defended Siavash moreso because he was angry at Noirin. But even when he 'stood up' for Angel, he never used to hug her, show compassion or comfort her. He just used to spar with Lisa. Same with Marcus, he just left him isolated and stuck with Bea.

It's easy to focus on things that show HMs in a good or bad light. Simple. Now it's Charlie's turn to get a roasting. The 'negative' spotlight.
Old 22-08-2009, 11:01 PM #61

Quote:
Quote:
Just seems rather contrived and non-coincidental that all of a sudden you get a large number of FMs who converge in their view of Charlie as being bad, nasty etc, yet he's been the same all along.

Appears as 'timed' hate and propoganda, rather than anything in-line with the show. I'm not against opinions per se, but 'group' attacking of HMs for no reason does infuriate me. Look how much stick Lisa got on here, 98% being lies, false claims and abuse!
I said 2 weeks ago i think he has a nasty side to him, infact i think he's displayed the most actual aggression in the house.

You don't seem able to grasp that we are all watching the show at the same time so will form an opinion of each HM after that show, given what we already know so it may appear as sudden group hate as you say.

The Lisa thing i even agree with you on alot of it has proven false.

You just seem annoyed that people are expressing a negative opinion about a housemate your seeing a different side to. I assume you dislike at least one housemate? let's assume Bea, were you joining the band wagon?
Old 22-08-2009, 11:04 PM #62
Banned

Banned

Quote:
let's assume Bea, were you joining the band wagon?
Yes I did dislike her. But the point is, Charlie has been the same throughout. But this same self was considered rather positively up until last week. He was even liked for befriending Freddie, helping him integrate into the group, chatting to him, etc. People suddenly ditch all the positives now he's the new scapegoat. They weren't too fussed about his bad points in the past.
Old 22-08-2009, 11:06 PM #63

Quote:
Quote:

Like I said, his heart is in the right place. Whether he reads the situation right or wrong isn't all that important. He thought Bea was being ganged up on and upset, so he defend her and showed compassion. He doesn't see everything that we see either, remember Bea was nice around Charlie.

Charlie's a good guy, he's shown far more compassion than many of the 'popular' HMs on here. Freddie hasn't comforted anyone or showed much compassion at all, he's not socially in-tune at all.

He defended Siavash moreso because he was angry at Noirin. But even when he 'stood up' for Angel, he never used to hug her, show compassion or comfort her. He just used to spar with Lisa. Same with Marcus, he just left him isolated and stuck with Bea.

It's easy to focus on things that show HMs in a good or bad light. Simple. Now it's Charlie's turn to get a roasting. The 'negative' spotlight.
I agree with you that Freddie showed little physical compassion but if from what i understand from comments his friends have made etc, he is quite socially awkward, but you are right in that respect.

I've not seen him even speak to Marcus to be honest, i'll give Lisa credit for making more of an effort with him lately.

And giving someone credit for reacting in a situation even if they react badly is a bit of a false praise. I think it just comes down to you been on band wagon of liking him lol no bad thing just different wagon.
Old 22-08-2009, 11:09 PM #64

Quote:
Quote:
Yes I did dislike her. But the point is, Charlie has been the same throughout. But this same self was considered rather positively up until last week. He was even liked for befriending Freddie, helping him integrate into the group, chatting to him, etc. People suddenly ditch all the positives now he's the new scapegoat. They weren't too fussed about his bad points in the past.
I see the point your making but i don't think it is a sudden thing he has always had people who have claimed he was faking it, sob story etc there are more now for sure but people have to discuss housemates that are in there, there are less of them so more focus on each housemate = more focused discussion, because theres less of them to discuss
Old 22-08-2009, 11:11 PM #65
Mmmm Delicious!

Mmmm Delicious!

Quote:
Originally posted by Pmccaff2009
Mate...

Everyone DOSENT Dislike him,

Everyone loves him, its litte freaks on here who think Charlies hated...

But like it or not, its just too bad no one has heard of TiBB There for no one cares what you lot think,

Charlie will win because of what the public think!

Dont listen to little idiots on here
Touched a nerve
Dolphin-and-Whale is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 11:13 PM #66
Mmmm Delicious!

Mmmm Delicious!

I just don't like the chap, simple as. Him and David are the only one's I dislike
Dolphin-and-Whale is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 11:13 PM #67
Banned

Banned

Quote:
And giving someone credit for reacting in a situation even if they react badly is a bit of a false praise. I think it just comes down to you been on band wagon of liking him lol no bad thing just different wagon.
He didn't react badly per se, he just misread the situation and hadn't figured Bea out. But he comforted Bea when he thought she was genuinely upset and showed good character.

And until that point, Freddie had actually been pestering Bea because he wanted to fcuk her, following her around everywhere and even waiting in the garden for her. So she wasn't even totally in the wrong at that point.

But Charlie showed his heart and willingness to defend people, which IMO are very good qualities. Neither which Freddie shows.

You can say I'm on a bandwagon if you like, but at least there's no weird timing about it.
Old 22-08-2009, 11:14 PM #68

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by dbfs
ENTERED THE BIG BROTHER HOUSE
Yet nobody had a bad word to say until a week ago, yet he's been the same, throughout. Just funny that, isn't it. The trolls need another HM to criticize and try and bring down, how pathetic ...
Wrong. look at the dates on Charlies posts.

Supporting Lisa I can understand AhmedFan but Charlie? Come off it. Your head must really be hurting thinking of arguments to support him.
zukhov is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 11:16 PM #69
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by zukhov

Wrong. look at the dates on Charlies posts.
'Nobody' wasn't meant to be taken literally. But he is all of a sudden, the new hate figure. For basically being exactly the same since the early weeks.
Old 22-08-2009, 11:17 PM #70

Quote:
Originally posted by CallumJoshuaSturt
Whats Charlie done for everyone to start disliking him?????
talk shiit
Nigeria_Bob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 11:18 PM #71

Quote:
Quote:
See my answer to that is in my opinion Charlie didnt befriend Freddy at that time he acted like he was his friend for the camera ie for the viewers,I actually thou Charlie was 1 of the people who bullied Freddy,anyways as for the past week and people not liking Charlie I just think now theres less people in there to dislike people are looking more into the actions of housemates and the longer BB has went on its gettin harder to defend Charlie.
There's only so much a housemate can do before it becomes obvious what they are upto.
If you seriously cant see threw Charlie and dont think he puts on the nice but dimb act then id say to you when you watch BB just look for it,just keep your eye on him and watch his facial expressions,and in particular watch how he acts towards Siavash and to a lesser degree Rodrigo.
Ive been saying it for weeks Charlie is faker than Sophies breasts and the only thing that has puzzled me is how its took some people so long to see what Charlie's really like,I'm just glad that at last people can see him for what he is, a FAKE ass bitch lol.
Old 22-08-2009, 11:20 PM #72

Hes a new 'hate' figure because the others have been shot down and now he has appeared on the radar. Apart from rows with Rodrigo Charlie has had less airtime than Hira. He got away with it before because there were bigger fish to fry. Also as the end of the show approaches he is becoming increasingly desperate to win and its getting bloody obvious.
zukhov is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 11:20 PM #73

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
See my answer to that is in my opinion Charlie didnt befriend Freddy at that time he acted like he was his friend for the camera ie for the viewers,I actually thou Charlie was 1 of the people who bullied Freddy,anyways as for the past week and people not liking Charlie I just think now theres less people in there to dislike people are looking more into the actions of housemates and the longer BB has went on its gettin harder to defend Charlie.
There's only so much a housemate can do before it becomes obvious what they are upto.
If you seriously cant see threw Charlie and dont think he puts on the nice but dimb act then id say to you when you watch BB just look for it,just keep your eye on him and watch his facial expressions,and in particular watch how he acts towards Siavash and to a lesser degree Rodrigo.
Ive been saying it for weeks Charlie is faker than Sophies breasts and the only thing that has puzzled me is how its took some people so long to see what Charlie's really like,I'm just glad that at last people can see him for what he is, a FAKE ass bitch lol.
I actually didn't think of that the whole issue with Freddie was that it was constant piss taking behind his back
Old 22-08-2009, 11:22 PM #74

Quote:
Originally posted by zukhov
Hes a new 'hate' figure because the others have been shot down and now he has appeared on the radar. Apart from rows with Rodrigo Charlie has had less airtime than Hira. He got away with it before because there were bigger fish to fry. Also as the end of the show approaches he is becoming increasingly desperate to win and its getting bloody obvious.
Exactly what i've tried to point out, you have 12 house mates every housemate get's less exposure or focus, less you have more focus you have. We are hardly going to carry on talking about how badly Bea is behaving when she isn't there.
Old 22-08-2009, 11:23 PM #75

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I see the point your making but i don't think it is a sudden thing he has always had people who have claimed he was faking it, sob story etc there are more now for sure but people have to discuss housemates that are in there, there are less of them so more focus on each housemate = more focused discussion, because theres less of them to discuss
/\/\
What they said!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
charlie