Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 31-08-2009, 08:35 PM #1

Default You want to know the real reason they are dropping BB?

Because the audience is older. Also, because the BB audience has got to know the way the whole thing is made etc. BB have to keep coming up with more interesting/complex ideas and they have a problem with that.

Long gone are the days when a BB audience would be satisfied with a load of teen - 20 something celebrity wannabees getting their pants off. No longer are BB fans impressed with endless sing songs and tasks that relate to sing songs and singing... "OOOhhh whos in the shower now..." and "Who are they with?...."

As HMs average age (and IQ) has risen BB has failed to change the show with it! BB puts people in the BB house with a brain and expects them to behave the same as 20 years olds who just want to get pissed and do singing tasks in the vain attempted to get a recording contract. Note that Sophie is the 'classic' HM, drunken slag basically.

CH4 choose people who can think for themselves, Marcus, Siavash, Freddie etc. and then constantly stifle their efforts to entertain.

The massive rule breaking this year is a reflection of how out of touch CH4 BB is from the HM and the BB fans.

Ghostinthehouse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 08:47 PM #2

no way
this bb is the thickest yet
sophie, charlie, lisa and david have all been proven morons....

roderigo and siavash and markus havent been proved morons, but they havent exactly come across as intelligent either..

freddie was not clever, at all, he was an actor, a weirdo, who thought he was, even the psychologist said that he was always wrong
yodofrodo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 08:48 PM #3

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):

Its ran out of steam, the producers have ran out of ideas and the ratings are sh*t. Thats why its been axed

Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 08:48 PM #4

put me in! I think my IQ is average.. but as long as there is genuine entertainment thats all that matters!
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 08:49 PM #5

Favourites (more):
BB12: Jay
CBB8: Jedward

Favourites (more):

[rquote=2507850&tid=144854&author=yodofrodo]no way

roderigo and siavash and markus havent been proved morons, but they havent exactly come across as intelligent either..

freddie was not clever, at all, he was an actor, a weirdo, who thought he was, even the psychologist said that he was always wrong[/rquote]
kisywisy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 08:49 PM #6
OAP Member

OAP Member

Have to disagree, BB8 was the worst ever in terms of thickness, I dont think there was one housemate in there with even one titter of wit.

I am an older viewer of BB and have watched since the beginning and can say this BB has been one of the most enjoyable.

: dance::d ance:
bansheewails is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 08:49 PM #7

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Josie

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Josie

You're Avatar scares me

BB ran out of things to do, really they have done everything they can do that will be shocking to viewers and housemates
Barbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 08:50 PM #8

Disagree completely. The Big Brother demographic has remained constant throughout its run. The people who have stayed with it throughout its entire run are kind of a small core of fanatically loyal fans. There are just as many people who would have been babies or small children when BB started who count themselves fans now, just as there are many many who used to watch loyally and don't anymore, and those who've always maintained a passive, casual interest in the programme.

How else would you explain the fact that, year on year, most of the people on this forum are teenagers?
Bombardier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 08:52 PM #9
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

freddie was not clever, at all, he was an actor, a weirdo, who thought he was, even the psychologist said that he was always wrong[/rquote]

Freddie is very intelligent you idiot.
And she was wrong, most of the time he was right (with the gameplan theories), he only got Beas personality wrong, and
she said he gets everything wrong just becuase he misjudged Bea, silly biatch.
Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 08:54 PM #10
Banned

Banned

[rquote=2507882&tid=144854&author=-BB~Jordan-][rquote=2507850&tid=144854&author=yodofrodo]no way

Freddie is very intelligent you idiot.
And she was wrong, most of the time he was right (with the gameplan theories), he only got Beas personality wrong, and
she said he gets everything wrong just becuase he misjudged Bea, silly biatch.[/rquote]

He wasn't very socially intelligent, just as she said. He was thick to keep impressing his opinions on people who didn't want to hear them, and quite often he was wayyyyyy off the mark with what he thought.
setanta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 08:55 PM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

If Freddie was that thick he wouldn't have got into Cambridge or Oxford or wherever

Sophia was this years most intelligent housemate based on IQ test- she got 129. Anything below 80 and you're retarded. Lisa got 55.

Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 08:59 PM #12

I will MISS my summer with bb
sonia1tam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 09:01 PM #13

I agree with some of the above it's just had it's day, i'm sure xfactor for example won't be on in 10 years time. Reality tv shows of any kind are difficult to keep successful once everyone has seen the stories and suprises before.
pixee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 09:02 PM #14

BB is long in the tooth more and more people find other things to do with they'er time i.e the internet the internet as over taken TV by the amount of people who use or watch TV in other words more people are online right now than people watching TV.

the other thing with BB is its got a stigma about it, people are ashamed of saying they like it or watch it because if you do watch it or like it you are a sad bast*rd sorry but its true.

i think the best way for BB is take it on line as i have said more people send more time at they'er P.C's than in front of the TV these days last time i looked was 48% watch TV / 52% send time on PC what anyone wants to watch they can download and watch when ever they like. this is the chance BB could be waiting for! imagin world wide watching?? think 10 million would watch like on TV at its hight? you must be joking online it would be more like 30-40+ million IMHO.
nut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 09:04 PM #15

[rquote=2507935&tid=144854&author=nut]BB is long in the tooth more and more people find other things to do with they'er time i.e the internet the internet as over taken TV by the amount of people who use or watch TV in other words more people are online right now than people watching TV.

the other thing with BB is its got a stigma about it, people are ashamed of saying they like it or watch it because if you do watch it or like it you are a sad bast*rd sorry but its true.

i think the best way for BB is take it on line as i have said more people send more time at they'er P.C's than in front of the TV these days last time i looked was 48% watch TV / 52% send time on PC what anyone wants to watch they can download and watch when ever they like. this is the chance BB could be waiting for! imagin world wide watching?? think 10 million would watch like on TV at its hight? you must be joking more like 30-40 million IMHO.[/rquote]

This is a good point the things that do well now are family shows, a late night show like BB will always have to share with x amount of other channels people have digi boxes now obviously aswel so even terrestrial tv has more options
pixee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 09:15 PM #16

[rquote=2507865&tid=144854&author=bansheewails]Have to disagree, BB8 was the worst ever in terms of thickness, I dont think there was one housemate in there with even one titter of wit.

I am an older viewer of BB and have watched since the beginning and can say this BB has been one of the most enjoyable.

: dance::d ance:[/rquote]

I have to agree, I've really enjoyed BB10, as I have all the previous series. It's impossible to compare one with the other because they are all so different. Every year we have the same old story that the current BB is the worst ever, yet I can guarantee people will miss it when it finishes. Next year is going to be really sad for everyone that loves this show, and if you don't feel the same, why on earth are you on this forum?
mike888 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 09:26 PM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

[rquote=2507929&tid=144854&author=pixee]I agree with some of the above it's just had it's day, i'm sure xfactor for example won't be on in 10 years time. Reality tv shows of any kind are difficult to keep successful once everyone has seen the stories and suprises before.[/rquote]

but x factor itself basically took over from popstars and that started in... 2000(?) and x factor still has a while left. britain's got talent may take over but there hasn't really been anything like bb
Old 31-08-2009, 09:28 PM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

[rquote=2507935&tid=144854&author=nut]BB is long in the tooth more and more people find other things to do with they'er time i.e the internet the internet as over taken TV by the amount of people who use or watch TV in other words more people are online right now than people watching TV.

i think the best way for BB is take it on line as i have said more people send more time at they'er P.C's than in front of the TV these days last time i looked was 48% watch TV / 52% send time on PC what anyone wants to watch they can download and watch when ever they like. this is the chance BB could be waiting for! imagin world wide watching?? think 10 million would watch like on TV at its hight? you must be joking online it would be more like 30-40+ million IMHO.[/rquote]

this could be the way forward for bb. the first online reality tv show (would it be the first??)

i would worry about it crashing though!! would have to have some mighty servers to support it!!
Old 31-08-2009, 11:28 PM #19

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Favourites (more):

[rquote=2507793&tid=144854&author=Ghostinthehouse]Because the audience is older. Also, because the BB audience has got to know the way the whole thing is made etc. BB have to keep coming up with more interesting/complex ideas and they have a problem with that.

Long gone are the days when a BB audience would be satisfied with a load of teen - 20 something celebrity wannabees getting their pants off. No longer are BB fans impressed with endless sing songs and tasks that relate to sing songs and singing... "OOOhhh whos in the shower now..." and "Who are they with?...."

As HMs average age (and IQ) has risen BB has failed to change the show with it! BB puts people in the BB house with a brain and expects them to behave the same as 20 years olds who just want to get p****d and do singing tasks in the vain attempted to get a recording contract. Note that Sophie is the 'classic' HM, drunken slag basically.

CH4 choose people who can think for themselves, Marcus, Siavash, Freddie etc. and then constantly stifle their efforts to entertain.

The massive rule breaking this year is a reflection of how out of touch CH4 BB is from the HM and the BB fans.

[/rquote]

Yes, some very bang-on calls and definitely that is the real underlying problem.
It is true that Big Brother does get 'new generations' of viewers as it goes along. The 18-22 year olds who just started watching,
however,
There is something essential about keeping that original core supporting audience the programme was built on.
and,
That 'founding audience' were a lot of people 25+.
Remember:
The season(s) were NOT 'teen party' orientated. Big Brother was had a more adult drama theme. It was even considered a very serious social experiment. Can you remember that respectable journalists would discuss the implications and meanings of the Big Brother experiment.
It was more serious venture and not targeted at teenagers.
Okay.
As each season went on that core 'founding audience' was getting older and needed to see more complex social situations, more intriguing dynamics, more psychological dilemmas.
But those are hard to do.
A tit-monster taking a shower is easy. It probably did grab a lotof insta-ratings.
Any viewers who left for lack of sophistication could be easily replaced with 18 year olds and then some when gay guys run naked or some models have sex,
anyways.
It seems to me there had to be some point in the middle where everyone was happy,
but,
at this point it has to be impossible for someone who was (at the time) 30 and appreciated BB1 to now be 40 and watching people (who could be their kids) having outrageous naked pillow fights or trying to engage with the most childish 'relationships'.

The problem with bubblegum is that the thrill doesn't last long.

ElProximo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 11:41 PM #20
Sod orf

Sod orf

all the teenagers are out on street corners in gangs drunk with their staffies stabbing and shooting each other
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 11:47 PM #21

BB is quite simply outdated.
when BB first started, the world was a different place and technology was nowhere near what we have now.
back then, there was no youtube. there was no real social networks. forums were pretty scarce and very basic.

the concepts contained in BB were not really available anywhere else.

now they are.
tremault is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 11:49 PM #22
User banned

User banned

[rquote=2507793&tid=144854&author=Ghostinthehouse]Because the audience is older. Also, because the BB audience has got to know the way the whole thing is made etc. BB have to keep coming up with more interesting/complex ideas and they have a problem with that.

As HMs average age (and IQ) has risen BB has failed to change the show with it! BB puts people in the BB house with a brain and expects them to behave the same as 20 years olds who just want to get p****d and do singing tasks in the vain attempted to get a recording contract. Note that Sophie is the 'classic' HM, drunken slag basically.

[/rquote]

Bull! The show has gone downhill because the type of contestants it attracts has gone downhill! The show used to be more interesting with more intelligent hms! Now - they are all just a bunch of attention-seeking, vain wannabees - and people have switched off in their droves!

Intelligent audiences want the original format - not all this crude, attention seeking nonsense!

WOMBAI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 11:58 PM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

[rquote=2509724&tid=144854&author=meecha][rquote=2507793&tid=144854&author=Ghostinthehouse]Because the audience is older. Also, because the BB audience has got to know the way the whole thing is made etc. BB have to keep coming up with more interesting/complex ideas and they have a problem with that.

[/rquote]

Bull! The show has gone downhill because the type of contestants it attracts has gone downhill! The show used to be more interesting with more intelligent hms! Now - they are all just a bunch of attention-seeking, vain wannabees - and people have switched off in their droves!

Intelligent audiences want the original format - not all this crude, attention seeking nonsense!
[/rquote]

Sure but that is Big Brother who is deciding on who they take and who they seek and who they get in the house.
They COULD seek out people who are emotionally mature, have complicated minds, have 'wise' life experience and who are capable of more mature relationships,
but,
whatever the case - its Big Brother who is attracting but worse entering house after house of 20something models, wannabe celebs and glamour girls,
and,
making a point to find the most immature, emotionally crippled, weirdest and most attention seeking nutters among them.
Picking who is most likely to deliver the 'first gay kiss' or run around with their tits out,
or,
which two idiot males will threaten each other for a fist fight and which girls will best instigate such a thing.

Big Brother enters that. Not applicants.

ElProximo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:23 AM #24

[rquote=2507854&tid=144854&author=Tom]Its ran out of steam, the producers have ran out of ideas and the ratings are sh*t. Thats why its been axed

[/rquote]

bluehill is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:28 AM #25
User banned

User banned

[rquote=2509877&tid=144854&author=bluehill][rquote=2507854&tid=144854&author=Tom]Its ran out of steam, the producers have ran out of ideas and the ratings are sh*t. Thats why its been axed

[/rquote]

[/rquote]

Yes - but we were talking about why the ratings are sh*t!

WOMBAI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb, dropping, real, reason