Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 30-08-2009, 03:12 PM #1

Default Why Marcus, Freddie and Siavash are not great gameplayers...

I see a lot of threads about people saying hes a gameplayer or she a gameplayer.

In my opinion, gameplaying in big brother consists of a few things..

1. Try to form alliances and be nice with people even though you may not like them
2. Try to avoid being put up for nomination cause than the game is out of your hands.
3. Try to vote for people giving them the impression that you are their good friend.. point in being charlie nominating marcus multiple times but giving the impression to marcus that hes a good friend.

To me the best gameplayers are the ones who are

1. still in the house..(obvious)
2. not being called crafty or duplicious.. (Sophie, Lisa or Charlie)

Halfwit, marcus and the rest who got kicked out were not good gameplayers cause they are out.

Siavash is out of the 6 reminaing not a great gameplayer for these reasons only

1. Hes got no strong alliance with anyone.. so vulnerable to be put up for eviction
2. Everyone suspects him of playing the best game just like with what happened with halfwit but the people who actually play the game influence others to believe he is playing a game
3. No person kickd out of big brother has endorsed him to win including marcus and halfwit..
4. For getting involved with Norin even though he had a girlfriend on the outside, he was not going to gain anything with a bb affair, whereas it was the opposite, he dropped from being a favourite..

So there you go my thoughts on gameplaying in big brother explained, if you have your own explanation, please share it.

BUT I SEE NO WRONG IN PLAYING A GAME, CAUSE BIG BROTHER IS A GAMESHOW, AND IF SOPHIE WERE TO WIN BIG BROTHER, I HAVE TO GIVE IT TO HER, IRRESPECTIVE OF CHANNEL 4 WANTING HER TO WIN ETC ETC, SHE IS PLAYING THE BEST GAME AND TO ME WINNERS ARE SIMPLY WINNERS.
masonbason is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 03:14 PM #2
0_o

0_o

Very good post. Agree with it all.

All are playing a game, its a gameshow, but some are playing it better.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 03:15 PM #3

[rquote=2501630&tid=144474&author=VickyJ]Very good post. Agree with it all.

All are playing a game, its a gameshow, but some are playing it better.[/rquote]

Thanks thats what i think, and i think the people who have got themselves labelled as dumb are playing a great game..
Old 30-08-2009, 04:37 PM #4

[rquote=2501630&tid=144474&author=VickyJ]Very good post. Agree with it all.

All are playing a game, its a gameshow, but some are playing it better.[/rquote]

i think lisa is also playing a great game..
Old 30-08-2009, 04:53 PM #5

Marcus was not playing a game, he bloody said it how it is. Freddie wasnt playing a game, he did talk about gameplans but at least he spoke about gameplans openly to everyone and told everyone what he really thought of them. Siavash has been crafty since week 1 and has lied!
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 06:35 PM #6

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

I know this is a game show but Siavashi is thinking plans more than most other housemates and I do not think things he says are not honest sometimes.
(Rabbitgate was his miscalculaton and Noirin business was well,,,,,he could not help it I supose.)
sooty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 06:45 PM #7

[rquote=2501621&tid=144474&author=masonbason]I see a lot of threads about people saying hes a gameplayer or she a gameplayer.

In my opinion, gameplaying in big brother consists of a few things..

1. Try to form alliances and be nice with people even though you may not like them
2. Try to avoid being put up for nomination cause than the game is out of your hands.
3. Try to vote for people giving them the impression that you are their good friend.. point in being charlie nominating marcus multiple times but giving the impression to marcus that hes a good friend.

To me the best gameplayers are the ones who are

1. still in the house..(obvious)
2. not being called crafty or duplicious.. (Sophie, Lisa or Charlie)

Halfwit, marcus and the rest who got kicked out were not good gameplayers cause they are out.

Siavash is out of the 6 reminaing not a great gameplayer for these reasons only

1. Hes got no strong alliance with anyone.. so vulnerable to be put up for eviction
2. Everyone suspects him of playing the best game just like with what happened with halfwit but the people who actually play the game influence others to believe he is playing a game
3. No person kickd out of big brother has endorsed him to win including marcus and halfwit..
4. For getting involved with Norin even though he had a girlfriend on the outside, he was not going to gain anything with a bb affair, whereas it was the opposite, he dropped from being a favourite..

So there you go my thoughts on gameplaying in big brother explained, if you have your own explanation, please share it.

BUT I SEE NO WRONG IN PLAYING A GAME, CAUSE BIG BROTHER IS A GAMESHOW, AND IF SOPHIE WERE TO WIN BIG BROTHER, I HAVE TO GIVE IT TO HER, IRRESPECTIVE OF CHANNEL 4 WANTING HER TO WIN ETC ETC, SHE IS PLAYING THE BEST GAME AND TO ME WINNERS ARE SIMPLY WINNERS.[/rquote]

Pretty much agree....

Biggest gameplayers are Lisa and David. But the thing is, they're not really that good at it in the 'generic' sense, because the public can SEE they are playing a game (esp Lisa = right from the start) and for this they will not win (and Lisa will be booed).

In terms of gameplaying, this is where I disagree with others who say it is OK to do this. 'Gameplaying' involves scheming, backstabbing and b*tching (often snidely) to get to the final and avoid noms etc. OK, it IS a gameshow, but the idea was always to WIN FOR WHO YOU ARE, NOT FOR HOW YOU CAN SCHEME AND BACKSTAB - THAT'S WHY NASTY NICK WAS THE FIRST 'VILLAIN' OF BB, BECAUSE HE WENT OUT OF THE ZONE OF 'BEING ONESELF' AND TRIED TO LIE AND CHEAT HIS WAY TO VICTORY...

J-Rock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 08:01 PM #8

[rquote=2502688&tid=144474&author=sooty]I know this is a game show but Siavashi is thinking plans more than most other housemates and I do not think things he says are not honest sometimes.
(Rabbitgate was his miscalculaton and Noirin business was well,,,,,he could not help it I supose.)[/rquote]

I think the problem with siavash is that he doesnt stick to what he says, he says something and than he retracts..

But there is no way is he a smart gameplayer, cause except for sophie or rodrigo, he doesnt have that much support n the house and would have gone last week...
Old 30-08-2009, 08:21 PM #9

I agree with the op but you have to take into consideration how the housemates make themselves popular on the outside. All the tactics you listed are a good way to survive in the house but they don't really make you stand out. Guys like Siavash, Marcus and Freddie took major risks and wanted to entertain (Marcus and Freddie have a lot of fans), they didn't care too much about alliances. They were more interested in how they are percieved in the outside rather than the inside. I think thats a bigger game and thats what Siavash game is (Noireen was a major mistake, though!).
jimmymckooel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-08-2009, 10:00 PM #10

[rquote=2502862&tid=144474&author=jimmymckooel]I agree with the op but you have to take into consideration how the housemates make themselves popular on the outside. All the tactics you listed are a good way to survive in the house but they don't really make you stand out. Guys like Siavash, Marcus and Freddie took major risks and wanted to entertain (Marcus and Freddie have a lot of fans), they didn't care too much about alliances. They were more interested in how they are percieved in the outside rather than the inside. I think thats a bigger game and thats what Siavash game is (Noireen was a major mistake, though!). [/rquote]

True freddie and marcus both survived on outside popularity but in freddies case the worst happened, he developed an ego and tried to get back at the people inside but the public didnt accept that.

Siavash might be doing the same provided he behaves in the same way otherwise he may go out..

Good point though..
Old 31-08-2009, 12:24 AM #11

I agree i dont think Siavash is the biggest gameplayer he is silly at times or gets carried away with things. He also does things his way even though he knows everyone will hate him for it.

Lisa, Charlie and maybe Sophie are playing the best game. I dont mind Sophie or Siavash winning
google is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 12:28 AM #12
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Fred & Marcus didnt have a gameplan.
Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 01:38 AM #13

I think Marcus and Freddie had a gameplan. I think most will go in there with some idea of how they will behave to stay in the game longer than others, just some play it better than others. Fair play to whoever wins.
Twiggy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
freddie, gameplayers, great, marcus, siavash