Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:47 AM #26

3 things have been major in BB's down fall

1) - Same old format, exhaustion.
2) - Jade Goody/Shilpa
3) - The programme being turned into Ofcom centre.

The programme became too stale and too PC. Add in shite like Rachel rice who i would rather take a gun to my head and blow my brains all over my PC than watch on TV again. The most boring person iv still seen on TV to date.

No wonder it got such shite ratings in 2008 and 2009 in both respective finals and overall. It's NOT rocket science.

The people using the LF as an excuse are using it just for that, an excuse. An excuse to hide up the REAL reasons. The reasons which will hurt 'hardcore' BB fans. That's why people for me use that excuse.
keithafc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:50 AM #27
ad augusta per angusta

ad augusta per angusta

[rquote=2556658&tid=147182&author=keithafc]3 things have been major in BB's down fall

1) - Same old format, exhaustion.
2) - Jade Goody/Shilpa
3) - The programme being turned into Ofcom centre.

The programme became too stale and too PC. Add in s**** like Rachel rice who i would rather take a gun to my head and blow my brains all over my PC than watch on TV again. The most boring person iv still seen on TV to date.

No wonder it got such s**** ratings in 2008 and 2009 in both respective finals and overall. It's NOT rocket science.

The people using the LF as an excuse are using it just for that, an excuse. An excuse to hide up the REAL reasons. The reasons which will hurt 'hardcore' BB fans. That's why people for me use that excuse.[/rquote]

I think the programme did change after BB4. Apparently they got some new staff in after that. During the renewal, the all girls house didn't work considering the majority of viewers are female wanting to look at some totty.
MassiveTruck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:57 AM #28

Yeah, some people fail to see the point that it's not actually real to the sense where it was closer to years ago. BB for me isn't reality. People in real life call each other *****s, you get racists in real life, you get gay people who are nasty, you get nice gay people too. You get nasty people in any shape or size and yet we are fed year in year out the same old nonsense.

The way they dealt with the whole racial row in 2007 was frankly a disgrace. The stupid exposure it got in the news was frankly embarrassing for this country. Here we had a stupid row between two people which got heated and it makes the news reels and all the front pages in the papers.

Yeah, let's print about two people rowing in a house, let's just ignore the soilders in Afganistan who are worrying about the next step they take incase they lose their leg or the soilders going about hills and roads marking a white line for the soliders behind to follow and not step out of incase they hit a mine.

This shite gets reported while most stabbings go unnoticed. It's baffling in general.
keithafc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:00 AM #29
ad augusta per angusta

ad augusta per angusta

[rquote=2556681&tid=147182&author=keithafc]Yeah, some people fail to see the point that it's not actually real to the sense where it was closer to years ago. BB for me isn't reality. People in real life call each other *****s, you get racists in real life, you get gay people who are nasty, you get nice gay people too. You get nasty people in any shape or size and yet we are fed year in year out the same old nonsense.

The way they dealt with the whole racial row in 2007 was frankly a disgrace. The stupid exposure it got in the news was frankly embarrassing for this country. Here we had a stupid row between two people which got heated and it makes the news reels and all the front pages in the papers.

Yeah, let's print about two people rowing in a house, let's just ignore the soilders in Afganistan who are worrying about the next step they take incase they lose their leg or the soilders going about hills and roads marking a white line for the soliders behind to follow and not step out of incase they hit a mine.

This s**** gets reported while most stabbings go unnoticed. It's baffling in general.[/rquote]

But that is reality for a minority in this country. You get racism very rarely unless you're unlucky...

Reality for most is BB4. Sit around, do nothing, chat and just carry on with things.

As much as violence and such is real - doing nothing, sitting around chilling is something we're all very much used to. But Real is related to all things corrosive in this context and in terms of TV is always amplified- and as you say, it's what BB does, repeatedly and we get bored.

It's not real then - it's just whatever they can bring together for people to watch.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:12 AM #30
atieah2009

atieah2009

[rquote=2556686&tid=147182&author=MassiveTruck][rquote=2556681&tid=147182&author=keithafc]Yeah, some people fail to see the point that it's not actually real to the sense where it was closer to years ago. BB for me isn't reality. People in real life call each other *****s, you get racists in real life, you get gay people who are nasty, you get nice gay people too. You get nasty people in any shape or size and yet we are fed year in year out the same old nonsense.

This s**** gets reported while most stabbings go unnoticed. It's baffling in general.[/rquote]

But that is reality for a minority in this country. You get racism very rarely unless you're unlucky...

Reality for most is BB4. Sit around, do nothing, chat and just carry on with things.

As much as violence and such is real - doing nothing, sitting around chilling is something we're all very much used to. But Real is related to all things corrosive in this context and in terms of TV is always amplified- and as you say, it's what BB does, repeatedly and we get bored.

It's not real then - it's just whatever they can bring together for people to watch.[/rquote]

Do you live in a bubble?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:05 AM #31
ad augusta per angusta

ad augusta per angusta

[rquote=2556705&tid=147182&author=atieah2009][rquote=2556686&tid=147182&author=MassiveTruck][rquote=2556681&tid=147182&author=keithafc]Yeah, some people fail to see the point that it's not actually real to the sense where it was closer to years ago. BB for me isn't reality. People in real life call each other *****s, you get racists in real life, you get gay people who are nasty, you get nice gay people too. You get nasty people in any shape or size and yet we are fed year in year out the same old nonsense.

It's not real then - it's just whatever they can bring together for people to watch.[/rquote]

Do you live in a bubble?[/rquote]

No

I just don't have to walk down the street and see stabbings, muggings, rape - that is not my reality. At a guess... I would say it is not the reality for a vast vast majority of the country. I would say, most people will go through life never having experiences rape or even violence or murder/stabbings to themselves or others.

Reality is basically what you do from day to day and from day to day - I don't come across those things unless I hear it on the news.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:18 AM #32
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

[rquote=2555529&tid=147182&author=Mr.Corrie][rquote=2554695&tid=147182&author=cleaner67]It`s channel 4`s fault for scrapping the live feed with that the ratings would have been a lot higher. Without it a lot of people couldn`t get into it like they usually do and they gave up.[/rquote]

Is Live Feed the scapegoat for all BB problems?

it's no suprise Channel 4 axed BB, we're in a recession, and BB is an expensive show[/rquote]
This is a bad joke, right?

Big Brother can be produced for a fraction of the cost it takes to rpoduce a live action drama or action series that delivers Big Brother ratings ONCE a week.

It's why the show has been going so long. It's why a lot of people at Channel 4 and their advertisers got filthy rich off it.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
25, august, big brother, c4, due, failure, ratings, suffers, worst, years